Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

@Suzzy San @nichiwoohee 

You are right in saying it's not a good idea and not something one would expect from smart and wordlywise ML.

We might see a better justification when the episode airs.

This may force ML to reasses her feeling for GTY. Make her confident and not scared of his affection waning in the future.

She wouldn't do it unless forced by a situation like this.

 

I am not thinking pragmatically.That is hazardous for my drama viewing.I will fit in the logic to the episode just like the writer is doing .:P Comfort myself for putting up with it by viewing the make up scenes post the fight.:wub: 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mooose said:

Ep51 & 52 Just watched it raw and DAEBAK!

 

I wouldn't mind some dialogue spoilers on the ML-SH fight.

 

I wonder what our romantic playboy 6th Liang discovers about his wife when he interrogates that maid? That he was played by another player and she's killing his babies? Bet he's regretting marrying that whiny Molan now. Loved the look on his face when ML the chopsticks.  He called her a 'block' before and now discovers she's a firecracker. 

Where can i watch ep 51 & 52?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I translated the QH ML scene...and she said for the good of Gu family and Qi family...you should treat me as an elder now. You used to called HouYe(GTY) second uncle....QH says you want me to call you Aunt?..... ML says you should....as I'm your elder now....I think he calls her hard hearted or something....translation was not clear...

 

ML having QH called out to meet alone is so totally out of character for ML....doesn't make sense for her to take such a risk just to say those words. Something more must have happened to make her worried enough to meet him and solve the situation by talking with him. QH is being even more reckless than ML in trying to hold her or touch her....

They should have stuck to the book version....and let them meet accidentally.

  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know QH-ML meeting is being discussed right now, but can someone please let me know about GTY's son? Is he still missing or dead? And what happened to MN?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meli Cahyadi said:

Where can i watch ep 51 & 52?

 

I am following at fastdrama.me . 51 & 52 are still raw but subs are usually out pretty quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bulubulu said:

i feel that even tho it was for his son, the fact that she was okay to let him or tell him to is just a no to me. But that's different tho, about him not telling his plan to ML is different from ML being okay if he got girls beside her or if he sleeps with other woman...u feel? Even if they both aren't honest, the feels are different..like GTY may not being honest but its a different type of feeling from ML being not honest. Im just saying this or how i felt about this but to me they seem pretty much honest to each other or as of now i feel that. it just that one love another more. 

11 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Gty say many times that he wont take concubines in. Its not like gty will sleep with other girls anyways since his feelings to ml are true but ml is already fine with it. Gty done and show how much he cared for ml, ml seems quite clueless on that

4 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Dr He is Dr He. GTY is GTY. im sure if they gave gty girls, he wont even touch them if they must really force him and he really gotta take them.

3 hours ago, bulubulu said:

Gty own weakness is minglan. Thats why he said he lost to her all this lifetime something like that. I dont know why GTY must have to risk something valuable for ML to believed him. Up till now GTY has always been caring and loving to ML. Doesn't this already means a lot? To me it is. If ML realized then she will and gty wont have to risk it. But she dont. ML is too traumatize.

3 hours ago, bulubulu said:

i agree with you! Nailed it at the part "gty would probably suffer twice as hard".

 

Omggg i love ml's grandma shes so cuteeee but what you said got me laughing. Thats another sad scene coming up. Means more teary eyes. Noooo :mellow: but someone said grandma didnt die so thats great but now her body is weak :/

 

She was only willing to let GTY and MN have a night together because lets say she reject's and news spreads that doesnt care about GTY's son that would be a horrible situation for her. Do people really think shes fine with it , she is just playing the virtous wife after seeing the issues in the Sheng household. It does not matter how many times GTY say's he wont take concubines in because sometime's its out of your control and just because he say's he wont touch another girl ML has to play the dumb female role and just accept everything??

 

Think about the era they are in.. if she gives everything to him then 10 years later he start's to get turned off , what is ML supposed to do then. Even after this argument and shows her love openly its never going to be full trust because that is stupid for the era they arein. 

 

Regarding the grandmother i hope ML move's her into ML's house after all this happens. 

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Omg that's too much stupidity at once.. In her husband's house, in that Era! With someone she had a past with.. Secretly.. There are a lot of wrongs to this seriously.. It's almost as if she doesn't even respect GTY if other people sees it, which is not true.. Omg i feel so bad for GTY... Someone as calculating as ML should have not risk this at all, no matter what.. Omg omg.. In their house, that's the most foolish part of this all.. 

 

Am i the only one who does not think its that stupid from ML's part.. doing it in her own home after most likely setting up this party and knowing where everyone is? I dont think she would meet up with QH if there was any risk of anyone else seeing it. I think doing it in the house is most likely the safest option.

 

1 hour ago, selen4ever said:

@parasI think the son is dead. They dig up the grave MN leads them to and there is a tiny skeleton. :tears:

Poor GTY is devastated. Not sure what they do with MN after ML slaps her.

 

Hopefully let go then .. oh no 2 weeks later she was killed .

 

Also dont get me damn started on how useless SH is as a father hes terrible and if he dies i would cheer and be so damn happy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ming Lan is so awesome. Her revenge scheme unfolds so intricately. She had everyone at the grasp her fingertips. That tiny smirk when she walks away from the Lin Manor knowing the mistress will be put in captivity is so satisfying. I'm glad she has grandma at her side because her dolt of a father & nagging big madame would've thrown her into a pack of hungry wolves. 

 

Seeing ML lose her composure is amusing since I'm so used to seeing her calm all the time. It's nice to see TY again, helping out the miss as always. The shot of the fields with both of them together is really pretty. The dialogue between TY & ML is great as usual. I love the way TY gazes at ML so lovingly & his mannerism towards her.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHO can help out with dialogue Ep 52, the family dinner scene and later, the dinner scene with Molan and her witless hubby?  

 

Doesn't have to be word-for-word, a summary will suffice.  PLEASE?  Any Chinese-speakers out there?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched EP 52 tv version (raw)..

Need some help with translation...

Did QH really said to QTY, "I trusted you, and see how I end up now? If the Emperor trusts you, how will he ends up?"

Is he saying that GTY con ML from him??

As GTY walks off, QH actually said "You can deceive everyone but not me?" 

Is he implying that ML is getting deceived by him?

 

Also it seems rather evident that QH is indeed doing what he was doing out of personal interest, and his grudge. He even tried to convince himself, rather unsuccessfully, that it's professional?

 

Just wanna ensure I didn't misunderstand that scene before I comment further...

 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@watchumlots I don't speak Chinese but someone summarized the preview for the Sheng/ML fight on yt and according to them Molan (using her favourite strategy of crying) wants to have her mother's grave moved into the family tomb. ML gets angry and says no since she was a murderer who killed ML's mom. And then the father dares to disagree with ML  :rage:

And it seems Molan's hubby is starting to get suspicious about his concubine miscarriage being so similar to what ML said happened to her mother so he interrogates a maid.

 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

She was only willing to let GTY and MN have a night together because lets say she reject's and news spreads that doesnt care about GTY's son that would be a horrible situation for her. Do people really think shes fine with it , she is just playing the virtous wife after seeing the issues in the Sheng household. It does not matter how many times GTY say's he wont take concubines in because sometime's its out of your control and just because he say's he wont touch another girl ML has to play the dumb female role and just accept everything??

 

Think about the era they are in.. if she gives everything to him then 10 years later he start's to get turned off , what is ML supposed to do then. Even after this argument and shows her love openly its never going to be full trust because that is stupid for the era they arein. 

 

Regarding the grandmother i hope ML move's her into ML's house after all this happens. 

 

 

 

 

Am i the only one who does not think its that stupid from ML's part.. doing it in her own home after most likely setting up this party and knowing where everyone is? I dont think she would meet up with QH if there was any risk of anyone else seeing it. I think doing it in the house is most likely the safest option.

 

 

Hopefully let go then .. oh no 2 weeks later she was killed .

 

Also dont get me damn started on how useless SH is as a father hes terrible and if he dies i would cheer and be so damn happy. 

That's only an " if " and I dont think the drama will go that far for the next " 10 years " thing you're saying, thats so out of topic for me to even think about it. Why would news spread, it is okay to not want your man to sleep with another woman, if ppl really make or spread news out of that then screw them. I really believed that GTY only has ML in his heart and the words he said to her are true words coming out from him and its not just some words he say cus " its out of control ". No i dont mean ML has to play dumb and accpect everything. We all know shes very smart. But what im trying to say is she should tried to take GTY's words seriously, because it isnt just some random words to make her feel happy. 

 

Still, the thing ML tossing him to go to MN is still a big no to me. I will not change my mind on that part.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there wasn't conflict or drama, is it even worth watching?

 

If characters were always perfect, wouldn't it get too boring?

 

I'm just one of those people who like to sit back and enjoy the show.

 

The scenes are written and directed by others, who am I to dispute?

 

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

That's only an " if " and I dont think the drama will go that far for the next " 10 years " thing you're saying, thats so out of topic for me to even think about it. Why would news spread, it is okay to not want your man to sleep with another woman, if ppl really make or spread news out of that then screw them. I really believed that GTY only has ML in his heart and the words he said to her are true words coming out from him and its not just some words he say cus " its out of control ". No i dont mean ML has to play dumb and accpect everything. We all know shes very smart. But what im trying to say is she should tried to take GTY's words seriously, because it isnt just some random words to make her feel happy. 

 

Still, the thing ML tossing him to go to MN is still a big no to me. I will not change my mind on that part.

 

I know its a what if but you need to understand the era they are in if ML fully lets her self go then i would find her character stupid based on what we have seen on her so far. You just think she should be in love with him fully without thinking about the era they are in. 

 

NO its not alright to not want your man to sleep with another women in that era that is incredibly wrong of a wife to public say this, yeah at the moment he only has ML in his heart but ML is not stupid to just rely on him. 

 

You can think its a big no no but ive watched enough of these drama's to know what time was like back then and everything ML did was correct as to what wife had to do back then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

I know its a what if but you need to understand the era they are in if ML fully lets her self go then i would find her character stupid based on what we have seen on her so far. You just think she should be in love with him fully without thinking about the era they are in. 

 

NO its not alright to not want your man to sleep with another women in that era that is incredibly wrong of a wife to public say this, yeah at the moment he only has ML in his heart but ML is not stupid to just rely on him. 

 

You can think its a big no no but ive watched enough of these drama's to know what time was like back then and everything ML did was correct as to what wife had to do back then. 

Its not stupid of her to rely on her husband. What i mean by that is she doesnt have to rely everything on him or to let go of everything for him but to just know that he will always be there for her whenever she needs help.

 

I'll just keep my writing short here and will not say too much.

You can think however you want and ill think however i want. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bulubulu said:

Its not stupid of her to rely on her husband. What i mean by that is she doesnt have to rely everything on him or to let go of everything for him but to just know that he will always be there for her whenever she needs help.

 

I'll just keep my writing short here and will not say too much.

You can think however you want and ill think however i want. 

 

She need's to rely on her self and love her self that is how you survive in that era and im not telling you how to think or change your opinion we can have different opinion's and argue the case but seem's you dont want to so no problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

She need's to rely on her self and love her self that is how you survive in that era and im not telling you how to think or change your opinion we can have different opinion's and argue the case but seem's you dont want to so no problem.

But now shes got a partner and a soon child. It not just her and herself now. Its her and her partner.

Yes i know you're not telling me how to think or change my opinion, thats just my way of saying that i disagree with you haha. My bad if it comes off as something else. I been talking about this since yesterday i just want a break hahaha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bulubulu said:

But now shes got a partner and a soon child. It not just her and herself now. Its her and her partner.

Yes i know you're not telling me how to think or change my opinion, thats just my way of saying that i disagree with you haha. My bad if it comes off as something else. I been talking about this since yesterday i just want a break hahaha

 

No problem we can disagree with each other if everyone was the same world would be a boring place.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

No problem we can disagree with each other if everyone was the same world would be a boring place.

Right. 

I think it would be boring too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bulubulu You are looking at things from a heart pov - feelings. 

Others are looking at brain pov - thinking. 

Some of us, our lives are dictated by what we feel, and our actions are a result of that feeling. 

Others, are dictated by what we know, what is rational, and the actions are a result of the thought process. 

Often, the heart and brain are not aligned. 

 

If ML lived her life by what she feels, she wouldn't have survived till now. 

She felt the injustice, she felt the disparity, she felt the hate, she disliked embroidery, she hated the unfairness of it all.

But she kept her head low, she played dumb, she let herself be the flawless daughter, she pretended to enjoy embroidery. 

Because the brain knows that's best for survival.

 

We applauded her for being able to let go, and not resent QH when he let her down. 

We applauded her when, despite the heartbreak, despite what she feels, she knows, and told Danju, "never look back"

Because while the heart felt the pain, the brain knows that QH is not right for her. 

 

She feels GTY's care, his love, his actions. 

In fact, she knows how much he has done for her. 

And we see that she too cares for him, that's beyond simply of duty and responsibility of a wife. 

But she also knows that

- promises/oaths can be broken : QH is a good eg. 

- their status diff. She's highly disadvantaged if anything happens. 

- the fact that she's a woman: when things go south, the price she needs to pay is a lot higher than the price he needs to pay 

- love may or may not last forever. 

We could say that GTY is not QH/Dr.He and can't be judged as one, but it is a case of once bitten, twice shy. 

 

All her life, she lives by what's rational.

One cannot expect a drastic change in that ingrained behaviour in short period. 

Change takes time. 

And her healing from all her past takes time. 

I believe she will come to him,..in time...

  • Like 12
  • Insightful 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...