[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

12 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

So QH has every rights to be angry at GTY, he's only doing his job, but his wife being petty must mean that she's malicious and evil? :D

Actually I felt QH is the last person to have the right to hold any grudge or be angry with anyone but himself that things turned out this way for him and ML. 

If he really just wished for her happiness, I'm sure he has heard that GTY dotes on her, as his mom puts it "running around capital to buy her delicacies to try". Wish fulfilled. 

So no, I don't think QH has the right to be angry...at all. 

While the wife, I felt she has the right to be unhappy. But clearly she directed her unhappiness to the wrong person. The person who hasn't let go and hasn't moved on happens to share her bed, and not the wife of Marquis Gu. <_<

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dito said:

Was ML calling QH,  Heng ge'er like how an adult calls a child.....:lol:

lol so the wife wanted to mess with ML...but ML totally used her aunt status and called her niece in law (zhi xifu)

Ml rocks.. Ha ha. Treat a childish woman like a child. I like it. So, ml is auntie 2 now to qh?? Lol.. 

3 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Actually I felt QH is the last person to have the right to hold any grudge or be angry with anyone but himself that things turned out this way for him and ML. 

If he really just wished for her happiness, I'm sure he has heard that GTY dotes on her, as his mom puts it "running around capital to buy her delicacies to try". Wish fulfilled. 

While the wife, I felt she has the right to be unhappy. But clearly she directed her unhappiness to the wrong person. The person who hasn't let go and hasn't moved on happens to share her bed, and not the wife of Marquis Gu. <_<

Both husband and wife are childish. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, dito said:

Was ML calling QH,  Heng ge'er like how an adult calls a child.....:lol:

lol so the wife wanted to mess with ML...but ML totally used her aunt status and called her niece in law (zhi xifu)

edit

forgot to last the last sentence

QH wife is all :o

then ML goes...You kids are happy together...this elder is relieved:joy:

Thanks for the translation! I only understood half of the convo! 

:lol:

Trust ML to come up with such remarks!! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Well, everyone is entitled to have different opinions. I just find the double standard amusing ^_^

Plus I'm not saying QH's wife is a saint, I just think calling her "evil" is a bit much.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

I'm really confused about the stepmom's son right now. I read the book before watching drama and in the book he is a villain so since the beginning I always assume he's a bad guy and kinda hate him. Now I'm not sure since he hasn't shown any sign of evil (yet) and the drama seems to derail from the book quite a lot. Did they decide to change his character or what? If they did then I really don't know what to feel. I can say I'm quite prejudiced against him.

hmmm I guess you might just have to see how it goes, in any case I feel like it will allow for more dimension in the stepmom's character (rather than being a sour richard simmons, she's a sour richard simmons with the interest of her son in mind....however evil and selfish it is) And personally, I'm happy that there are people willing to stand by ML and GTY's side in the Gu family.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Battle of wife vs ex girlfriend: x won:D

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4332429951870077

Reveal hidden contents

What's problem with qh's wife, seeking ml for what? .. Ml has done nothing to her, ml has no interaction at all with qh after marriage.. Why she wanted to stirr up the history. 

Ha! Forgot about the family hierarchy. Gu Ting Ye is Qi Heng's "uncle" which means Ming Lan is now his Aunt.

The new wife called her Auntie and Ming Lan lectured her as her elder and called her niece in law.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Maybe thats the problem. He isn't sharing her bed and thats why she's unhappy...and looking for someone to vent.

An ex whom her husband still hasn't forgotten is a perfect target.  

I seem to remember something about QH fighting with one of his wives and starting to sleep separately....which became a big issue when his mom found out. Just can't recall if it was the princess or this wife.

Anyways, they changed the time of the events again. The ML-QH scene is coming up soon I think...and its before the first son is born. So the fight between GTY and ML will most likely happen before too. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, dito said:

Maybe thats the problem. He isn't sharing her bed and thats why she's unhappy...and looking for someone to vent.

I seem to remember something about QH fighting with one of his wives and starting to sleep separately....which became a big issue when his mom found out. Just can't recall if it was the princess or this wife.

Anyways, they changed the time of the events again. The ML-QH scene is coming up soon I think...and its before the first son is born. So the fight between GTY and ML will most likely happen before too. 

Yes, I agree so I wonder if they have a reconciliation before the birth of the child or if they are still at odds. I guess  one of they two times when he is spinning her is  when she gives him the news. So they seem happy.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, dito said:

Spoiler

The ML-QH scene will come soon. Just saw next week preview. Believie it or not, QH tried to hold ML. :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, matrim said:

The ML-QH scene will come soon. Just saw next week preview. Believie it or not, QH tried to hold ML. :joy:

I dislike him now.... Honestly he should move on and realize she is happy or anyway she won't be happy if he interferes. They can't change what happened, certainly not during those times. What does he expect, that she divorces or cheats?

And of course GTY gets it all wrong :joy:

• Like 10

13 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

I'm really confused about the stepmom's son right now. I read the book before watching drama and in the book he is a villain so since the beginning I always assume he's a bad guy and kinda hate him. Now I'm not sure since he hasn't shown any sign of evil (yet) and the drama seems to derail from the book quite a lot. Did they decide to change his character or what? If they did then I really don't know what to feel. I can say I'm quite prejudiced against him.

@linhlinh111  I can believe he turned evil.. His mom greed could have been the key factor here.. She has probably lead those Uncles and Aunt In-laws to believe that it would be and embarrasment to the Gu Clan to  list GTY mom into the family geneology due to the fact of how GTY dad married his Mom in order to save the execution of there clan.. Yet the house of Gu is still living off the Bai clan.. Now being that GTY gave them no other choice but to register his mom in order to save the three younger Gu's whom seems to be F-ups.. (I think they should be made to serve in the military so they can stop taking life for granted.) Also isn't the Gu clan a house of warriors.. Why these younger ones not even listed in some kind of military services.. 

Back to evil step mom, She never wanted her listed that way when older brother died she has a leg to stand and fight with that her son inherits the noble title due to the fact that she's the last wife of his dad and his mom (GTY Mom) was never listed in the clan.. But it seems right before brother passes away, It seems that brother had a wake up call after he swore over his dead body. Maybe those ancestors showed him what was in store for the rest of the clan if he didn't clean it up.. 

Evil step mom must have spent a lot of money to track down MN.. Thinking that she's the one that can still move GTY the way she wants and MN is so angry she got found out.. She's mad with herself because she played herself.. MN thinking if she kills GTY then she can come back and claim her sin inheritence being that he is of the GU and Bai clan.. 

I see evil step mom teaming up with the ED to bring him down.. I think the gifts that was given to him was from the Old Emperor before he passed away.. Even if it's taken away it's nothing to him because GTY already has riches from his mom side of the family.Also brother gave him what was rightfully his.. It seems those Uncles and Step Mom got all teed off because thats what they been banking on all this time..

But to question the younger brother character, I think he maybe no different from his mom having two faces..

13 hours ago, lilkat75 said:

A lot of people to be up with all the previews :joy:

I'm going to be talking about episode 46 and 47ish...I think it's fair enough that QH is being diligent with his work but like many others have said, he seems to be a pawn of the ED. Did anyone else notice when GTY coughed purposely when one of the ministers was about to mention QH was married to the previous princess and her father who was the supposed next emperor? I thought it was nice of GTY as he holds the face of QH I think? Correct me if I'm wrong about this, that was the vibe I was getting at... It was really nice when in a much earlier episode, QH prayed for the happiness for the ML and a sense he let go... Thus, I will be pretty disappointed if QH held grudges which affect his line of work as I think his characterisation will go backwards because again he is not thinking how it will affect ML who he obviously still cares about. However, I don't blame him for keeping the dolls as a keepsake. It's not like he was opening them and admiring them. Although he does not love his current wife, he is respectful enough to her and many marriages were arranged/not for love so I don't understand his wife's logic of investigating his past love when she will be the one hurt and QH is not even bringing up ML. :wacko: 

@lilkat75  Not only is he her pawn but he's GTY pawn for a moment.. I think GTY spread the news just to get the younger three arrested in order to get what he wants.. GTY is cunning and maniulative like his wife.. She is him and he's her.. Match Made In Heaven.. 

12 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Omg so much happening i liked the emotion from Wang Ruofu face when ML is have that speech vs SH, it seems like shes really feeling sorry for ML. I also really detest SH and anyone who thinks hes a good father. 

Also the acting from ZLY in that scene and through out this drama really impressed me.

I just want ML to flip out more vs SH shes bottled it up for to long.

@ForgottenSoulx  It seems that you and I are the only ones to see SH for who he is.. I'm wondering did SH run home crying about money because her MIL may have tiold her, She didn't want her anyway and the Gu clan is loaded down to go get oney from her sister. In order for that to work Molan had to appeal to her dad soft side for her whom in return talk crazy to ML for not helping her.. I say no way ML don't give the one copper penny.. It's not hers to give anyway..  If this isn;t the case it has soething to do with ML husband needing help..I still say she shouldn't give in and keep fighting the old coot who never once look at you or cared about you as a child. 

Who's baby Grand Ma is holding,

Come to think of it Molan really don't have dilly squat to set up a dowry for her three brats..  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Episode 47: can the truth be told, don't the Gu 1st and 2nd brothers deserve to know the truth? 

The Gu children in jail have committed wrong against others and their parents specifically mothers blamed their deeds on young GTY who was punished/beaten by his father who seemingly never believed GTY. The 3rd Gu son went to the brothels and eating places to drink without money and signed an IOU with GTY's name, the son of the 4th auntie raped a maid and the sons and the aunts collaborated with the little stepmother Qin to blame it on GTY and his father believed them. The older and youngest brother to the nephews together with their parents all did GTY wrong.

As for the oldest brother, by now he already knows how his stepmother is a liar and how she and the 4th and 5th house's aunts and sons framed GTY for their own malice and atrocities. The oldest brother also suspects that little Qin is contriving to have her son inherit the Marquis designation and all that it represents. Because of that he is wary of his stepmother disregarding his wife and daughter after he dies. He was very young when he was told by a nanny that his mother was killed by GTY's mother. However, he himself said it that little Qin had lied and framed GTY and wants her son to be the heir to the Gu holdings and he must also know that the other aunts collaborated with little Qin to libel and scheme against GTY. Knowing all of the deceitful underhandedness of his family especially his stepmother, should he not, by now suspect that he was lied to about his mother being killed by TY's mom and used by little stepmother Qin to make him an ally against GTY? I am not saying this because I like GTY character but that it is possible to change one's beliefs. Many times people believe what they heard or were told when they were young and later questioned and proved to themselves as grown ups that their beliefs are/were false. It happens. So, it would really be nice to see big brother learn that his mother died a natural death and not killed, see the light before he dies otherwise he dies heavy hearted for no reason. He has lived his life being bitter and used by his stepmother and even for a little time before he dies, he and little brother TY need some peace, reconciliation and forgiveness. Big brother and GTY both deserve to know the truth. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

This is just a personal opinion but I think viewers have really low tolerance of scheming against the main couple. I am not that invested in the main couple so I watch the drama with pretty neutral eyes and I find lots of things that people are deeming "evil" rather okay. For example Sheng Hong. Except for the poison case, everything he does is within the acceptable zone, even in the issue with ML's mother. He didn't mean nor directly caused her death and he had no responsibilities to seek justice for her. After all she's merely a lowly concubines he didn't favor much.

GTY' older brother is totally fine with me. After all, GTY's mother was married off into the family in a shady situation where she might indirectly have caused his mother's death (also from stepmom's influence). He grew up sick all his life and he knew the title would go to GTY after he died, GTY was perfectly healthy and had a bright future. In that kind of context it's natural that he hated GTY. What he did to GTY was not excessive at all.

Stepmom, if she could have stopped at pampering GTY so he grew up to be arrogant and manipulating his father into disliking him, then it's actually acceptable. GTY was standing between her son and the noble title, what, do you expect she can really be nice to him? She just started to go overboard since the father's death.

I also find QH and his wife's action totally okay. Everybody is allowed to be selfish to a point. QH's wife has no reasons to be nice to ML. No matter if she actually meant ill will against ML when she talked to 5th aunt about Dr.He, she spoke the truth. She didn't make anything up, ML really was in a kinda relationship with Dr.He when she suddenly got married to GTY. The thing is, if something happened, you can't forbid people talking about it. But her action was not very smart, that's all. Nothing to gain from it.

QH is the same. He is now a Yu Shi, so he is kinda working for the disciplinary department, and GTY is the man with the worst reputation in town. He hates GTY now (why not? He's not saint) and he doesn't need to frame GTY or sth, he can do his job fair and square and still get back at GTY a little bit, so it's a great deal for him. Again, why not? If GTY is squeaky clean then QH will have nothing against him. As long as QH does things within his duty and not trying to frame GTY nor break any rules, I say go for it.

I know everybody wants our couple to have a smooth easy life, but that's not how it is. Everything they did in the past will leave consequences in the future. Manniang is GTY's past, he got over it but the effect still lasts. He has changed doesn't mean he could get out clean. Any weakness will be used against him, everybody lives for their own benefit and if he let a weakness exposed then others will use it. They are being targeted by everyone but actually in the lives of people with status, everybody is being targeted by everyone, we just don't see it. 

Let it all out chingu @linhlinh111.. Question So what are you invested in this drama?? Very insightful 

Some of what you said is neither wrong or right because of the era this drama is in but for me ML’s mother’s case and the death of GTY’s mom was awful and wrong in my eyes. The rest falls under the law of human nature. 

Sheng Hong

Like u said people have a right to be selfish, but he was manipulated from day one and CL never cared for him. He handed her so much power that is why  she was able to have her killed. 

GTY’s brother due to human nature felt jealousy and hate towards his brother. He was also manipulated to hurt his own brother who idolize him and pretended to love him. So I can understand what he did  GTY’s stepmom is just orueley evil. She wanted to kill GTY’s mom. GTY’s mom was  a victim , used , hated and eventually hurt by finding out she was never wanted. GTY’s step mom manipulated the situation to stress a pregnant woman into labor. < - - That is unacceptable. She had a role to play so that hubby can keep hating son and finding faults in the son he got from the woman who saved his entire family.  

Your post was very neutral and I enjoyed reading it. :)

clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

45 minutes ago, matrim said:
  Hide contents

I saw it too.. Wow I wanted to just slap him.. But actually GTY did not get it wrong, he knows there is nothing and there will be nothing.. But maybe something must have happened before that scene that made GTY ask her what she takes him for.. Or GTY was just blatantly mad at her for still trying to stay in front of QH when she knows what has been happening no matter if she wants to clear something with him or not or GTY might have asked her where she was and she lied.. Either way, I know GTY isn't thinking there is something between them.. Let's hope this fight comes faster 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I dislike him now.... Honestly he should move on and realize she is happy or anyway she won't be happy if he interferes. They can't change what happened, certainly not during those times. What does he expect, that she divorces or cheats?

And of course GTY gets it all wrong :joy:

Poor gty. I cant i feel so sad and quite mad but i feel i should better keep quiet before i even say anything cus the eps not out yet only the previews

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

I saw it too.. Wow I wanted to just slap him.. But actually GTY did not get it wrong, he knows there is nothing and there will be nothing.. But maybe something must have happened before that scene that made GTY ask her what she takes him for.. Or GTY was just blatantly mad at her for still trying to stay in front of QH when she knows what has been happening no matter if she wants to clear something with him or not or GTY might have asked her where she was and she lied.. Either way, I know GTY isn't thinking there is something between them.. Let's hope this fight comes faster 

I agree that he doesn't believe there is something between them. He respects too much ML to believe this.

However he might be worried she never forgot QH. QH was her first choice, he saw her in love with him. And he saw her still closed off with him.He could feel that what he did was not enough, that she still has regrets. Sometimes our fears and feelings are not rational.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1