Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

I don't think it's about PDA. I think  she doesn't trust that he will love her no matter what and that he will keep treating her like this. He sees this and he takes it as lack of love, while it's much more complicated. 

At this point however she is sort of right. She saw the men around her, she knows him but not enough to predict if he gets tired of her and falls for another woman. So she tries to be the right wife, saying and doing the right things in order to make him happy and she tries to keep her distance not to get hurt. It was heartbreaking when she said that showing jealousy was what CL did to her father to get her way. And it explains a lot of her views.

And at this point he says he will wait patiently, because he wasnt' talking about the rain thing clearly.

But he is a man that was never really and openly  loved , so it's clear that after a while it won't be enough for him. And Ml should realize that no matter what at this point even if she keeps her distance she will be hurt anyway if he stops loving her. Also not opening up is the best way to make him distance himself.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I don't think it's about PDA. I think  she doesn't trust that he will love her no matter what and that he will keep treating her like this. He sees this and he takes it as lack of love, while it's much more complicated. 

At this point however she is sort of right. She saw the men around her, she knows him but not enough to predict if he gets tired of her and falls for another woman. So she tries to be the right wife, saying and doing the right things in order to make him happy and she tries to keep her distance not to get hurt. It was heartbreaking when she said that showing jealousy was what CL did to her father to get her way. And it explains a lot of her views.

And at this point he says he will wait patiently, because he wasnt' talking about the rain thing clearly.

But he is a man that was never really and openly  loved , so it's clear that after a while it won't be enough for him. And Ml should realize that no matter what at this point even if she keeps her distance she will be hurt anyway if he stops loving her. Also not opening up is the best way to make him distance himself.

It's a bit of a self fullfilling prophecy isn't it?

She keeps herself guarded because she doesn't think he would love and dotes on her forever. After all, which men of such status has no multiple women in their harem during their time? 

But because she guards herself so much, it will eventually drive him away, or creates the rift between them. 

I guess sometimes, we all need to be reminded what it's like to have lost before we gain it back. 

• Like 12

GTYu (GTYe's brother) only ask GTY if he was willing to divorce his wife, ML, because he was trying to explain their father's situation to his younger brother, you know, try to clear Ye's misunderstanding towards the old Marquis. Its only a question, not a request, the question was in the book actually, I think the whole conversation will go exactly like it did in the book. To me, this part was really touching, because Ye finally understood how his father loved him (he turned out to be his favourite child). I still remembered I was balling every time Ye talked about his father with ML or when I get to read snippet of the old Marquis's letter that he wrote about Ye. It's so sad, I don't know why, but this father-son pair has even more impact on me than ML-grandma pair. At least ML and grandma know that they love each other. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

It's a bit of a self fullfilling prophecy isn't it?

She keeps herself guarded because she doesn't think he would love and dotes on her forever. After all, which men of such status has no multiple women in their harem during their time? 

But because she guards herself so much, it will eventually drive him away, or creates the rift between them. 

I guess sometimes, we all need to be reminded what it's like to have lost before we gain it back. 

I completely agree. But we are in for a bumpy road.

I guess everything might happen around the same time (the rift  between them, his downfall). It's hard to imagine a timeline since they are changing from the novel. 

Spoiler

I guess soon she will get pregnant, then the fire. And his reaction will make her keep her distance even more, fight, downfall, rise and then granny's poison when she expects the second baby.

However I still bet on QH palying a role in both as antagonist.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

GTYu (GTYe's brother) only ask GTY if he was willing to divorce his wife, ML, because he was trying to explain their father's situation to his younger brother, you know, try to clear Ye's misunderstanding towards the old Marquis. Its only a question, not a request, the question was in the book actually, I think the whole conversation will go exactly like it did in the book. To me, this part was really touching, because Ye finally understood how his father loved him (he turned out to be his favourite child). I still remembered I was balling every time Ye talked about his father with ML or when I get to read snippet of the old Marquis's letter that he wrote about Ye. It's so sad, I don't know why, but this father-son pair has even more impact on me than ML-grandma pair. At least ML and grandma know that they love each other. 

They lost the chance becoz both of them were too proud to be open toward each other. And the interference of the evil stepmom made the matter worse. Their last interaction where gty open his heart to his father, and his father was coughing blood after hearing his plight. Then, he was prevented to see his father.. Such a devastating moment for gty.. 

7 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

Thank you

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I completely agree. But we are in for a bumpy road.

I guess everything might happen around the same time (the rift  between them, his downfall). It's hard to imagine a timeline since they are changing from the novel. 

Hide contents

I guess soon she will get pregnant, then the fire. And his reaction will make her keep her distance even more, fight, downfall, rise and then granny's poison when she expects the second baby.

However I still bet on QH palying a role in both as antagonist.

If the ending theme painting is of any indication, the part where ML hit the gong and tried to save GTY is a bit later...

So, during her pregnancy theres fire, and also an assassination? 

Because in the trailer, there was a scene where ML seem to have a complete meltdown and trying to shield something, with someone trying to stab them or something? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

If the ending theme painting is of any indication, the part where ML hit the gong and tried to save GTY is a bit later...

So, during her pregnancy theres fire, and also an assassination? 

Because in the trailer, there was a scene where ML seem to have a complete meltdown and trying to shield something, with someone trying to stab them or something? 

Ml just giving birth at that time.. Seem like a crazy woman try to stab the baby and ml try to protect her son with her body. 

• Like 4

Just loved Ming Lan's counter attack on the Empress Dowager's suggestion to take on her palace maids as concubines.

Ming Lan told her that Gu Ting Ye had ordered her to match make his bachelor soldiers with their housemaid so the palace maids will come in as handy candidates.

A little tick off at first the Dowager but gave in to the idea hence Ming Lan is to take them all back and find spouses for them.

I guess what won the argument is the chances would be the palace maids had a chance to be principal wives instead of being a concubine.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Just loved Ming Lan's counter attack on the Empress Dowager's suggestion to take on her palace maids as concubines.

Ming Lan told her that Gu Ting Ye had ordered her to match make his bachelor soldiers with their housemaid so the palace maids will come in as handy candidates.

A little tick off at first the Dowager but gave in to the idea hence Ming Lan is to take them all back and find spouses for them.

Ha ha.. Very clever

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ml just giving birth at that time.. Seem like a crazy woman try to stab the baby and ml try to protect her son with her body. 

And the fire was right after the child birth?? That's extreme! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

And the fire was right after the child birth?? That's extreme! 

Spoiler

In the novel the fire happened during the birth of ml 2nd child.. In the drama i think there will be changes.. Bcoz it seems ml gives order to her guards to defend the house during the fire. She didn't seem to be pregnant at that time

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

They lost the chance becoz both of them were too proud to be open toward each other. And the interference of the evil stepmom made the matter worse. Their last interaction where gty open his heart to his father, and his father was coughing blood after hearing his plight. Then, he was prevented to see his father.. Such a devastating moment for gty.. 

Thank you

Well, then he has every right to resent the evil stepmom from preventing him to see his dad one last time.  No doubt she did not want her husband to tell GTY anything for fear that it will prevent her son from inheriting.  Whent he old marquis died, where was her own son?  In a brothel!!!!!!!:triumph:  While poor GTY was waiting outside anxiously!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

Qh's father and mother are right that

Gty and ml are perfect for each other

and wrong that  it's  Ml's  fortune not to be their daughter in law

Well they did ended up with harpies as DIL - first the bratty princess then now this piece of work who is jealous for absolutely no reason.  So if they think they are lucky then they have very short sight.  Well QH mum was a princess herself so it kind of explain (in that era) that she would want her only son to marry someone of their own level for social and political benefits.  I am soooooooooooooooo glad that our little fox did not marry into this family.  It would have been hell for her.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the novel the fire happened during the birth of ml 2nd child.. In the drama i think there will be changes.. Bcoz it seems ml gives order to her guards to defend the house during the fire. She didn't seem to be pregnant at that time

Spoiler

In the novel the fire was set when ML was giving birth to her first son, it was stepmother's final attack after the unsuccessful attempt of Manniang's assault. GTY returned just in time and he set fire to the marquis mansion in retaliation. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

No one in this kingdom is reliable.

He is a good man and takes care of me.

This is great

but it’s best not to place too much hopes on him.

Everyone has their predicaments.

Even if you are to put your hopes, don’t make it too much or too deep.

The more hopes you have, the more disappointed you will be.

Once there are too much disappointments, you’ll develop grudges.

Once you bear these grudges all your life, you’ll develop hatred and your days will become unbearable to live.

I love everything that ML said. She has such profound insight I almost believed it is Buddha speaking to me telling me, All life is suffering, suffering is caused by attachments. Lol 

But ML is not Buddha and she doesn’t know what the future will bring. 

Her views may sound pessimistic or untrusting to others but I believe she is someone that doesn’t live for the moment. Because she is like this she understands the ups and downs of life. This is why she is strong minded and if ever a catastrophe falls on her/family. She will be able to pick herself/family back up. This is why I believe she is perfect match to GTY whom I believe is more suspicious of others. 

I think that GTY and ML both misunderstand each other. Their days are long. Patience, prudence, and good communication is all they need and the rest will follow...

If GTY wants to prove that ML is wrong and that he will only love her and will be loyal to her no matter what. Then he best take those words she spoke to heart. You can give and show but don’t expect and put too much hopes on her that it becomes unbearable and you start to resent her. ML is the woman he will share the rest of his life with. He needs to take things one step at a time and not overwhelm her.... The good things he can do/give to her, as long as he stays true to himself will be reciprocated in the long run without asking/expecting. ML is afterall not Buddha or a Saint no matter how hard she tries to be she will notice his efforts... 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

In ep 43, why was GTY got so angry after he was soaked from the rain? I initially just thought its because ML knows it's going to rain but he is still got drenched anyway. But then when ML said that next time she will ride a carriage to pick him up so he won't get drenched, he said its not about this matter and told her he's going to patiently wait. 

I guess he was upset because it started raining and ML didn't think about sending a servant with umbrella for GTY. To a husband that'd feel like the wife doesn't care about him. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Iove ml's dialogues. The lines have deep meaning and full of wisdom. The words are poetic. I just pity xiatao who always lost and confuse with ml's speech. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Ep 44. That white lotus battle between ML and GTY  stepmom was totally creepy to me. They make it so natural, especially ML. Lin and Manniang were way too theatrical in comparison. 

I can understand why GTY is so frustrated sometimes. Where does the mask begin and end, especially after his experience with Stepmom and Manniang. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, dito said:

I guess he was upset because it started raining and ML didn't think about sending a servant with umbrella for GTY. To a husband that'd feel like the wife doesn't care about him. 

I'm puzzled with this too. ML said she asked someone to send an umbrella tho? 

But he sulked about being on horse and umbrella was useless? 

And then ML said she will bring the carriage next time and make sure he stays dry, he was still sulking and said that's not why he was mad? 

So what was he sulking about?:blink:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I'm puzzled with this too. ML said she asked someone to send an umbrella tho? 

But he sulked about being on horse and umbrella was useless? 

And then ML said she will bring the carriage next time and make sure he stays dry, he was still sulking and said that's not why he was mad? 

So what was he sulking about?:blink:

It's likely he wanted her to pick him up, but I thought he wanted to have a little fight. He seemed a spoiled sulking child

• Like 4
  • LOL 4