[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

@leeza77  Did QH new wife go to the Sheng house asking the SIL about QH past trelationship with this house.. Why even ask at this point there's no single miss in the home and she's married to him.. Did she not hear about QH and ML back then everyone else in the capital seems to have known about it..

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

I was just watching a MV of ML and i see a assassin pull out a dagger over what looks like a crib.. i wonder what that is about. 

https://krcom.cn/6109452047/episodes/2358773:4320219880214346

3.21 it looks like hes approaching a crib to me, also 03:34 is something we not seen before maybe that is where GTY regain's his fame. 

Also 2:08 QH surrounded by male's i wonder who they are , maybe general's or something and that scene follows GTY running which looks to be related to the fire scene. 

Some stuff i noticed after watching MV.

1 hour ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I felt bad for QH’s wife in the beginning but did she go & manipulate 4th aunt-in-law’s daughter-in-law after? If she did I don’t feel bad for her anymore

Agree.  She become jealous person for her husband's past.  I don't like her....as if Minglan needed more headache pishhhhhhh:triumph:

8 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

You make a good point about Molan's family they are supposed to be 1/2 richest but dont care to flaunt their wealth.. all Molan's husband cares about is sex not showing off. 

@ForgottenSoulx  GTY is a lot richer himself without the wealth of the Gu's I suppose GTY alone is richer the Liang family.. Molan was so worried about marrying into and establish household and becoming the first wife she for got to do her homework.. She just jump on the first man from and establish house that look her way.. 

Well guy's off to work chat with you later in the afternoon

Poor ml.. Can they just give her one day break.. Everyday she has to face virtous/devious stepmom, stupid/poisonous 4th auntie, clever/evil 5th auntie. 

Then, the Queen wanted to enter the round with the lame idea of gifting concubines for the hubby. Sorry, done that. Ml is an expert at dodging concubines gifting ceremony.. Ha ha. 

Later, new bride of an ex came to the house to create chaos. Give an ammunition for the aunts dearest to take a swipe at her.. Ha ha, never fear general gu at ml six. 

Who else? Kang auntie & danniang (dumb & devil duo), manic manniang and stepmom again, the ultimate white lotus. 

Pheww.. Ml better channel her inner chu qiao for strength, lu zhen for brilliance.. And shan shan cuteness for the husband.. :D

16 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@leeza77  Did QH new wife go to the Sheng house asking the SIL about QH past trelationship with this house.. Why even ask at this point there's no single miss in the home and she's married to him.. Did she not hear about QH and ML back then everyone else in the capital seems to have known about it..

Spoiler

She didn't go to the gu jia for the info but to tattle about ml past with dr he. 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

She is evil. She get jealous bcoz of qh's cold treatment towards her.. Found the dolls and knew about the past with ml.made inquiries about ml. Found about her and dr he. She went to the fifth aunt and tattled about ml pass. And the aunt used the info to force ml to help her. Ml refused and dare her to tell gty. 

I am glad they told GTY. Must have felt like a slap in the face being told that he knows everything 

2 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I am glad they told GTY. Must have felt like a slap in the face being told that he knows everything 

Spoiler

Oh yes, after ml slapped  them with her i don't care attitude, gty slapped them with everything is within my knowledge.. Ha ha

Then, ml got the nickname demon bride

@leeza77 Thanks for the trailers.  Can't wait......looks like things are getting super intense now.  Gu elder brother has named GTY as his heir.  Did you guys see stepmom's face?  Looks like she just eaten a bad egg :joy:.  I am looking to her downfall.  She is even more evil than Linniang and Manniang.  I rewatched the trailers againa nd again and it is full of suspense.  I am glad I watched TSOML despites comments that it was slow paced etc etc etc.........

Though I must say all the villainous characters played their baddie roles so well.  Linniang, Manniang, Madame Kang, Molan, QH's wife, those Gu's aunties........

Looks like GTY’s older brother saw the light & named GTY as his heir? Step mom’s facial expression made me lol...

7 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Oh yes, after ml slapped  them with her i don't care attitude, gty slapped them with everything is within my knowledge.. Ha ha

Then, ml got the nickname demon bride

Demon bride lmao! Somehow I think ML & GTY will be proud of that particular nickname:joy:

1 minute ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Looks like GTY’s older brother saw the light & named GTY as his heir? Step mom’s facial expression made me lol...

Spoiler

He's going to die. So to ensure the wife and daughter protected, he ally himself with gty. The paper is the will from their father. Dunno the content but the brother actually asked gty to divorce ml

Just now, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

He's going to die. So to ensure the wife and daughter protected, he ally himself with gty. The paper is the will from their father. Dunno the content but the brother actually asked gty to divorce ml

Divorce & not a separation? Fat chance of that happening! GTY will give up the Marquis position than give up ML...or maybe it’s because of this he asks for a separation? (Seeing as the father’s will might put him in danger)

25 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Divorce & not a separation? Fat chance of that happening! GTY will give up the Marquis position than give up ML...or maybe it’s because of this he asks for a separation? (Seeing as the father’s will might put him in danger)

Spoiler

Well the translation is not clear.. Some translate it as divorce, some translate it as break. He's faced problem (imprisonment) i think becoz he took emperor seal from the queen and gave it to the new emperor. The new emperor has no power as the seal was in the hands of the queen. The queen was furious and sentence him according to martial law.. That the spoiler i read over weibo.. 

33 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

@leeza77 Thanks for the trailers.  Can't wait......looks like things are getting super intense now.  Gu elder brother has named GTY as his heir.  Did you guys see stepmom's face?  Looks like she just eaten a bad egg :joy:.  I am looking to her downfall.  She is even more evil than Linniang and Manniang.  I rewatched the trailers againa nd again and it is full of suspense.  I am glad I watched TSOML despites comments that it was slow paced etc etc etc.........

Though I must say all the villainous characters played their baddie roles so well.  Linniang, Manniang, Madame Kang, Molan, QH's wife, those Gu's aunties........

Im glad Gu elder brother is finally waking up. 

26 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Why would he ask GTY to separate from ML.. weird. 

41 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Poor ml.. Can they just give her one day break.. Everyday she has to face virtous/devious stepmom, stupid/poisonous 4th auntie, clever/evil 5th auntie. 

Then, the Queen wanted to enter the round with the lame idea of gifting concubines for the hubby. Sorry, done that. Ml is an expert at dodging concubines gifting ceremony.. Ha ha. 

Later, new bride of an ex came to the house to create chaos. Give an ammunition for the aunts dearest to take a swipe at her.. Ha ha, never fear general gu at ml six. 

Who else? Kang auntie & danniang (dumb & devil duo), manic manniang and stepmom again, the ultimate white lotus. 

Pheww.. Ml better channel her inner chu qiao for strength, lu zhen for brilliance.. And shan shan cuteness for the husband.. :D

Reveal hidden contents

She didn't go to the gu jia for the info but to tattle about ml past with dr he. 

GTY promised her a peaceful life now look whats happening lmfao.., also who are Chu Qiao, Lu zhen is from empresses in the palace but who is shan shan. 

13 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Im glad Gu elder brother is finally waking up. 

Hide contents

Why would he ask GTY to separate from ML.. weird. 

GTY promised her a peaceful life now look whats happening lmfao.., also who are Chu Qiao, Lu zhen is from empresses in the palace but who is shan shan. 

Chu qioa is from princess agent, shan shan a modern cute girl  frm the drama shan shan come to eat. U sh watch it. Very entertaining. 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Chu qioa is from princess agent, shan shan a modern cute girl  frm the drama shan shan come to eat. U sh watch it. Very entertaining. 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Boss & Me is the other name for shan shan right? thats on my Plan to watch list and i made my self forget about Princess Agent. 

Is GTY not satisfied with ML's eye brows?, he kept wanting to 'thicken' them :lol:

Spoiler

Concerning QH's new wife, not sure who's worse..QH who can't let go of the past or the wife who decided to look into his past, there's a saying that goes 'what u don't know won't hurt u'...this marriage is bound to fail due to her resentment.

15 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Is GTY not satisfied with ML's eye brows?, he kept wanting to 'thicken' them :lol:

Hide contents

Concerning QH's new wife, not sure who's worse..QH who can't let go of the past or the wife who decided to look into his past, there's a saying that goes 'what u don't know won't hurt u'...this marriage is bound to fail due to her resentment.

Well I hope that QH will tell her off.  Getting into fit of jealousy and bringing up the past is just stirring for trouble  What an idiotic woman. By doing this, QH will be reminded again grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:triumph:

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Can both of them just go away already no-one cares for them...... god the wife is a dumb idiot as well. 

45 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Well I hope that QH will tell her off.  Getting into fit of jealousy and bringing up the past is just stirring for trouble  What an idiotic woman. By doing this, QH will be reminded again grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:triumph:

Agreed.

Monday 2019-01-21

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.803 - Highest episode so far .

Its online viewers are like 250m now down from 350m due to Youku removing views. 

QH suggests the King to investigate those who helped with the rebellion earlier. He wasn't aiming for GTY, he was just doing his job as an official. In the book the investigation also happened however the one who suggested it was never mentioned. The book was written from ML's POV so it was less about the politics cuz she wasn't in a position to observe everything. In the book QH didn't appear much in the story after ML's marriage but QH and GTY are working at the same place so it would be unreasonable if he just disappear. In the book ML only knew what was happening in the government through GTY, so she didn't know about QH, but obviously QH had to be there since he worked there. I guess the screenwriter had his/her own objectives for QH later, but it would be minor.

GTY's cousins (and later also half-brother) got caught up in the investigation, bc they were actually involved in the rebellion. GTY is actually secretly happy inside that they were detained since they used to bullied him when he was younger. It's really satisfying for him seeing them drowned in fear and begging him to save them (Although he says they bother him) and later he would use this as a leverage to bring down all his relatives. 

About QH's wife, not sure how far she would go since her character has already strayed from the book so I can't guess how big her part would be, but to this point she is rather stupid. If I were her, I would wish ML's marriage would be supper happy then ML would never look back to QH again. She got nothing to gain by sabotaging ML's family but a lot to lose were things found out. She's out of her rational mind. QH's mother has really bad eyes in choosing a daughter in law.

Archived