Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

40 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I am curious too. I don’t really like the change about his career, I hoped he would be successful without drama but I am curious about the spin they will give to their relationship.

I am curious about their dynamic as a couple and ml’s actions. I wonder about qh’character too.

I like the change about his career it will show if ML is ready to fight for GTY and will she stick with him no matter what he goes though , will she die with him etc.. I personally like this change and i expect GTY will rise again it was most likely some trick or he did something he really should not have done.

1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

Thanks @leeza77.  Looks like this getting more and more exciting.  I can't wait for more episodes.  I have not been so addicted to good mainland dramas for such a long time now.  Last one was HQG, Shan Shan, Mystic 9 and Korean Jewel in the Palace.  

Which is why I did not read the novel, just watch the drama.  Enjoy the flow :) 

HQG stands for what? 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I am curious too. I don’t really like the change about his career, I hoped he would be successful without drama but I am curious about the spin they will give to their relationship.

I am curious about their dynamic as a couple and ml’s actions. I wonder about qh’character too.

I love the spins in the drama, like it's meant to create a strong and independent ML and also a wive who is willing to go through all for her husband.. So cool.. I really don't need another QH drama after the child naming event.. Let's just draw a curtain on that.. I am curious as to what trap GTY entered to be in prison 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I like the change about his career it will show if ML is ready to fight for GTY and will she stick with him no matter what he goes though , will she die with him etc.. I personally like this change and i expect GTY will rise again it was most likely some trick or he did something he really should not have done.

HQG stands for what? 

HQG = Hua Qian Gu :smiley:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I agree that they are doing it for this. Since he doubts her feelings, it’d be the best way to show her love and at the same time to show her personality. She is strong and a fighter. But yeah I hope he will rise again by the end since I love the idea of a powerful and influential couple.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@m0us3y  Exactly GTy is direct and to the point.. He's not like ML who seems to be the elborate liar that she is look at how many time she lied to QH..

GTY had plenrty of women knocking at his door none peak his interest until ML told him to put Ronger some place to be raised the right way not out on the battled fields.. GTY knew right then that was the women to marry she spoke of his child first before him.. Thst's when he made up his mind I want her.. In GTY mind at that time I'll do whatever it takes to have her. No woman has ever put my childs intrest first before me, Not eben her own mother.. 

OMG I love this thinking so much! Kinda even gives me butterflies, I have a daughter myself so I really find this a great quality.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

HQG = Hua Qian Gu :smiley:

What a mess that show was but luckily leads were amazing.

52 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I agree that they are doing it for this. Since he doubts her feelings, it’d be the best way to show her love and at the same time to show her personality. She is strong and a fighter. But yeah I hope he will rise again by the end since I love the idea of a powerful and influential couple.

Even if he does not rise again at the end i just hope they are happy and have a good life. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, matrim said:

Curious to watch these episodes too, not because they fight but their alternative fate compared with the novel. In the novel GTY never had any trouble in his career and the focus of their married life was mainly about household conflicts with their relatives and between themselves. But in the trailer GTY was in jail and ML tried to rescue him by bringing the case before emperor. Drama ML was a more independent and stronger character. Interesting.

I wonder if his troubles will be about his business as the owner of one of the largest salt businesses in the empire (this also makes him a target for jealous people). Salt is a hot commodity and licenses for selling salt is limited and controlled. The business had some leeway before because of the old Marquis’ connection to the Emperor. I think Momo mentioned something about this in one of their earlier conversations regarding separation from the family. Maybe the relatives on both sides conspire a way to get GTY arrested and both sides benefit (possibly illegally selling salt under his name- similar to WuJi character in CDYY where he was framed for bad alcohol sales to the military). GTY having his Bai inheritance early on was the one change the was made in the drama that affected how he lived his life away from the Gu family (more independent) giving him an alternative character that slightly differed from the novel (not as hard). Just a thought. I don’t know if the previews had them talking business. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I like the change about his career it will show if ML is ready to fight for GTY and will she stick with him no matter what he goes though , will she die with him etc.. I personally like this change and i expect GTY will rise again it was most likely some trick or he did something he really should not have done

@ForgottenSoulx  I suspect whatever trap he fell into it may have somerhing to do with his twofaced step mom and the cougher brother.. (who should have cough out his lungs by now) GTY and ML should have there son at this point and the elders may be talking of giiving him the title.. So she had to mix with some jealous people to have him fall in court.. But knowing ML she's not one to sit idly by and let her husband rot in some prison without getting to the bottom of it all.. I expect by now she knows her husband and knows what he's capable of..  Even if it's a trap Ml would cast a net wider to see raise even higher.. So I don't think he'll end in a downfall.. I want to see ML go up against stepmom wit for wit..  I would love to see step mom fall from grace in that house her and the other sneaky twit the coughers wife. Is thrid brother allowed to take the exams now..? Remember he and some friends got cought drinking in the brothel during the mourning period pf the old emperor..

Ok I don;t know if someone already translated this scene.. If so could someone direct me to what page it's on.. But could someone please translate what GTY men were talking about at the wddding that hsd the women of the GU house looking tict.    

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I think HE clingy cousin realized how bad she messed up for him.. Now whomever he marries may be the witch worse then her Bio Mother. The one who called ML a Bish and ask her who she thinks she is.. I could tell she would have tried to place her daughter before ML and want to control the house.. One could tell she was the domineering type..

• Like 3

On 1/18/2019 at 2:47 AM, leeza77 said:

There is conversation between ml and grandma in ep 36, if i'm not mistaken. The point in choosing husband is that you have to be able to tolerate the lowest character of that person. In he dr, he is too soft, thus it's not good for ml as she had to face the clinging and emotional cousin. Qh lowest character is his filliality towards his mother. In a long run if he might not be able defend her against his mother. Gty lowest character is he is a manipulator and a schemer, but all were done in order to catch her. So, the best of the 3 is gty. Even the grandma admired gty deep mind. 

She did mention that she was worried that GTY will scheme against her considering how good he is at it and how would she defend against him; I think it took great courage and some subconscious trust on her part to risk going into the marriage with GTY. I think she thought, if he had been scheming for years (by that point) to get her, then he was not taking her lightly and would really care for her. I really loved that. I also think she might like the challenge of tangling with another person who schemes just as much as her. lol 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

32 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I think HE clingy cousin realized how bad she messed up for him.. Now whomever he marries may be the witch worse then her Bio Mother. The one who called ML a Bish and ask her who she thinks she is.. I could tell she would have tried to place her daughter before ML and want to control the house.. One could tell she was the domineering type..

I loved that scene! The body language was telling when Ms Clingy finally let go of his arm. She got her concubine position but cost him the girl he likes. He's going travelling for a few years to get away from her? The concubine position is effectively just being a nurse for his mother. Ha ha ha!

On the positive side, this was a valuable growth lesson for him. Just as QH with ML and GTY with Manniang and stepmom. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

10 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

That would’ve made more sense for me. In that way he would’ve not schemed his best friend who would’ve seen through him. CB would be an outsider in the situation and GTY nanny would be the one to see RL and her lover. That would make GTY scheme more diliberate rather than the heavens bestowing him such good luck and timing. 

10 hours ago, dito said:

Basically it's the fault in the writing thats causing confusion and questions about CB's intelligence and knowledge of his sisters.

If they had stuck to the novel in this instance then this confusion wouldn't be happening. In the novel GTY sent the proposal through Hualan's husband and there was no question in their minds that it was RL he was asking for. But they can't do that in the drama since CB and GTY are such good friends.

The writers also added to the confusion by having various characters ask to confirm which sister GTY was asking for. Obviously since 4th daughter Molan got married so the next to marry would be RL, the 5th daughter.

Another thing,  the family may already know Granny's intentions regarding HHW and ML....but they may not know that the situation had changed because of the Cao cousin....so for them ML won't be in contention.  Therefore there was no need to have them question who GTY was asking for.

In the late episode, GTY confessed he deliberately not telling CB that he wanted married ML and misleading others. He knew if he directly ask Granny to allow him to marry ML, he would be refused instantly because of his bad reputation. So he schemed and pretended that he just want to marry one of the girls from Sheng family, and Granny was planning a marriage between ML and Dr. He, so CB naturally think he want to marry RL. In result, the Sheng family are all happy to have a marital relationship with GTY and easily accept the applicant and promised to marry a daughter to him.

On the other hand, GTY helped CAO and made the marriage between ML and Dr. He impossible any more. GTY also know the love affair between RL and YWJ will be opened someday. So the Sheng family have no choice but marry ML to him. He get the chance and the promise, the only thing he needs is ML's approval which he gets lately by making a sincere proposal.

Edited by Zhiyong Xiao
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, chistarr said:

She did mention that she was worried that GTY will scheme against her considering how good he is at it and how would she defend against him; I think it took great courage and some subconscious trust on her part to risk going into the marriage with GTY. I think she thought, if he had been scheming for years (by that point) to get her, then he was not taking her lightly and would really care for her. I really loved that. I also think she might like the challenge of tangling with another person who schemes just as much as her. lol 

ML and GTY , these 2 really have very weird understanding of courtship. GTY went all out on his scheme to impress ML with his skills. And as a schemer herself, ML would know quite well how much effort, time and money would've been spent to achieve his plans perfect execution....and result. How could she not be impressed? In the book even GTY was impressed by her after seeing her little scheme against her sister Molan.....when she threw mud on Molan's dress to stop her from going in the men's section.

So made for each other, these two.

Just finished watching raws of todays epis.

I'm loving how playful he is after the wedding. Glad they kept that in. I'm also glad they kept most of the touching. But most of its playful and less naughty. Wish they kept his naughty bits too.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

@mooose & @dito  Ok who is the women that was RL mother is that the sister that poision G/ma.. ? Wow the waty she was eyeing GTY made me think she wanted to be his concubine.. Now I'm wondering is this the reaoning for poisioning G/ma.. Did she want her child to enter the Gu household or she enter the GU household and G/ma found out about it.. We all know if this the case she wasn't having it and probaby read Big Mdm and sister they rights and told them a thing or two..

We'll we can tell that ML married more richer then Molan and RL.. It seens that Molan husband was trying to use the connection between her and ML which he didn;t know there was never no connection between those two.. It's nothing but bad blood thanks to her mom.. Molan was treated like and outcast for once being that her mother is dead.. Now she knows what it's like to enter your childhood home where you don't have any footing.. ML was the star of that family dinner with her husband..  Wonder just what Aunt was after.? 

When will they discover she's pregnant she's showing all the signs.. I thought GTY had figured it out..

Also what was up with the house staff. ? I guess they must habe thought she didn;t know anything about running a home.. I guess they didn't get the news about her taking control of the house finances and assets at the Sheng household

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, Zhiyong Xiao said:

In the late episode, GTY confessed he deliberately not telling CB that he wanted married ML and misleading others. He knew if he directly ask Granny to marry ML, he would be refused instantly because of his bad reputation. So he schemed and pretended that he just want to marry one of the girls from Sheng family, and Granny was planning a marriage between ML and Dr. He, so CB naturally think he want to marry RL. In result, the Sheng family are all happy to have a marital relationship with GTY and easily accept the applicant and promised to marry a daughter to him.

On the other hand, GTY helped CAO and made the marriage between ML and Dr. He impossible any more. GTY also know the love affair between RL and YWJ will be opened someday. So the Sheng family have no choice but marry ML to him. He get the chance and the promise, the only thing he needs is ML's approval which he gets lately by making a sincere proposal.

Welcome to the thread.:)

Yes I know GTY deliberately didn't tell CB the name of the sister he wanted to marry. That was his scheme to let them misunderstand.  In the book it was Hualan's husband, so him not knowing which girl GTY was talking about was understandable. And most likely GTY used the words Di daughter....so the obvious person is RL. 

But in the drama the proposal was offered to CB, who knew both of his sisters very well...and knew ML was now Di daughter too. The question we are asking here is how could CB not know which sister GTY was talking about when Sheng Hong knew immediately it was ML.

This is why I said the drama writers were wrong to add this scene of the characters being confused as to who was the proposal for, which then created questions among the viewers about the CB's intelligence.:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

35 minutes ago, dito said:

Just finished watching raws of todays epis.

I'm loving how playful he is after the wedding. Glad they kept that in. I'm also glad they kept most of the touching. But most of its playful and less naughty. Wish they kept his naughty bits too.

I'm also liking his playful nature, Whiich us keeping her happy and smiling everyday.. GTY always knew she hide to hide this part of herself until like he said she became the flawless sixth miss.. I'm enjoying them so much and going to hate when they fallout behind silly people being jealous of there relationship..

Also the cougher and his wife.. I don't see how he can stand been round her when she's only worried about GTY taking away his nobility.. 

3 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Hmm i wonder if they will have their huge falling out during her pregnancy?

@Lunkera  I read it was after she had the first child and pregnant with the second one when they poisioned Granny.. This is when they reconnected they're relationship.. No one never said what sex was the second child.. Did she have two boys or just the one.. 

• Like 3

It was fun to see Molan being ignored /slighted when the girls came to visit after marriage.Her grand dreams of having the Sheng household pamper her because she married into the household of a count as legal wife just went pffft.Counting your chickens before they hatch can be extremely dissappinting.

SH true to his nature reprimanded ML for displaying her higher status during the visit even though she was courteous. Seems to have quickly forgotten that ML saved the family embarrassment by agreeing to marry GTY.Not sure if Autie Kang and DaNiang had anything to do with it.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, dito said:

Welcome to the thread.:)

Yes I know GTY deliberately didn't tell CB the name of the sister he wanted to marry. That was his scheme to let them misunderstand.  In the book it was Hualan's husband, so him not knowing which girl GTY was talking about was understandable. And most likely GTY used the words Di daughter....so the obvious person is RL. 

But in the drama the proposal was offered to CB, who knew both of his sisters very well...and knew ML was now Di daughter too. The question we are asking here is how could CB not know which sister GTY was talking about when Sheng Hong knew immediately it was ML.

This is why I said the drama writers were wrong to add this scene of the characters being confused as to who was the proposal for, which then created questions among the viewers about the CB's intelligence.:lol:

I'm commenting on if GTY had married RL it would have been like he's raising two daughters.. RL with her headstrong self and Ronger who has always had daddy attentions no way would this household would run smoothly.. Poor GTY would never make it to his army camp and if he did he would have to take both with him.. :w00t: 

• LOL 5

4 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

It was fun to see Molan being ignored /slighted when the girls came to visit after marriage.Her grand dreams of having the Sheng household pamper her because she married into the household of a count as legal wife just went pffft.Counting your chickens before they hatch can be extremely dissappinting.

SH true to his nature reprimanded ML for displaying her higher status during the visit even though she was courteous. Seems to have quickly forgotten that ML saved the family embarrassment by agreeing to marry GTY.Not sure if Autie Kang and DaNiang had anything to do with it.

@minglan1  So thats what SH was bent out if shape about.. We all know if that had been Molan he wouldn't have said a word.. Why throw a tiff with her thats her husbands way of pampering her.. If he was so bent out of shapoe take it up with your SIL not her she don't own those carriages..Also in that scene it seems like they were all there to get something from ML and GTY..  I think Big Mdm is envious of ML because she married richer then all the other legit daughters.. 

Yes it was wonderful seeing Molan realizing that both sister married better then she.. Molan knew she had to take a back seat to ML who she always thought that would never climb above her.. I think this is what SH is really mad about because in terms of status ML rates higher then him being married into the GU clan.. 

• Like 6