Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

14 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Hahahahaha. I think I heard that too @leeza77

They are just adorable!

Somehow this reminds me...they always say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. 

In this show, this is flipped. The way to ML's heart is also through her stomach! 

All her suitors had tried to win themselves brownie points with her through food! 

QH with the snacks he brought her, Dr. He cooked fish soup for her. And now GTY goes out if his way to buy good food for his hungry lil wifey cuz the food at his home isn't up to standard! Lol:lol:

And after announcing marriage fsf changed his avatar to the picture of his film wolf totem and he was holding a little fox. That's little fox is his wife, zly. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:

And after announcing marriage fsf changed his avatar to the picture of his film wolf totem and he was holding a little fox. That's little fox is his wife, zly. 

Seriously? :lol::wub:

Do you mind sharing here?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Seriously? :lol::wub:

Do you mind sharing here?

Just an opinion from his fan. The extract:

Er Shu is like a little wolf in his hand, the feeling of a little fox. 
At the beginning, Fenfen changed the avatar of the first picture. Many people guessed that the dark poke was indicative of the joy of being a father. 
I am now looking for sugar to eat: in fact, he is expressing his treasure that he has found the palm of his hand.[lovely][haha][Really like]
  • 72c46d39ly1fzc0h3yyo2j20e80e8aax.jpg
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

Backtracking to the conversation between Qi Heng and Gu Ting Ye over his proposal of marriage for Ming Lan's hand.

It is so true that in forgoing Ming Lan, it would meant Qi Heng would have given up. The way he was telling Gu Ting Ye that he is waiting for the right moment made me think what my Mother would have said " What does he think I am ... the spare tyre?

Gu Ting Ye was correct that Qi Heng should have approached the Sheng family for Ming Lan's hand after his wife's death and not some feeble excuse  of waiting for himself to pass the civil examination first. What if he did not make it this round, did he expect Ming Lan to wait fir him 3 or 6 years years?

For Qi Heng, his boat had left the pier already.

• Like 13

On 1/19/2019 at 4:20 PM, m0us3y said:

If my understanding is correct:

When GTY's maternal grandfather passed away, the inheritance was supposed to go to him. However, the rest of the family tried to kill him and take away his inheritance. 

He survived because he exchanged clothes with his dead servant. 

The white paper was his scam, claiming to have testimonial that it was Bai's family doing, the attempt on his life. So they yield the inheritance. 

But they have been trying to find out who the "witness" is all these years. Except the person doesn't actually exist. 

ML commented that it was smart move. 

The white paper supposed to serve as his will, indicating who will be his beneficiary. Since he was still young with no children yet and there was no one he is close to and trust, he did not know what name to write and had to leave it blank. However, declaring that he has inheritor, they cannot attempt on his life again but Bai family has been inquiring his beneficiary name so that they can kill that person => meaning if GTY died without any inheritor, they can claim all of his inheritance from his grandfather. If he has inheritor, even if he died, they cannot claim anything. So, they must kill beneficiary first before killing GTY again.

Edited by Golden Flower
adding more info
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Backtracking to the conversation between Qi Heng and Gu Ting Ye over his proposal of marriage for Ming Lan's hand.

It is so true that in forgoing Ming Lan, it would meant Qi Heng would have given up. The way he was telling Gu Ting Ye that he is waiting for the right moment made me think what my Mother would have said " What does he think I am ... the spare tyre?

Gu Ting Ye was correct that Qi Heng should have approached the Sheng family for Ming Lan's hand after his wife's death and not some feeble excuse  of waiting for himself to pass the civil examination first. What if he did not make it this round, did he expect Ming Lan to wait fir him 3 or 6 years years?

Yes and qh was not some starving exam candidates that relied in this achievement to propose to ml. Ml also never looked down at him when he failed his exam the first time. As rulan pointed out, why he was sad, he can just apply the position of officer through his family's connection. No need for the exam

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

That plan was never really the plan it was a test to see what QH would do for ML , would he turn the world upside down for and the answer was no.

Agreed, I think GTY was testing QH and QH failed. Minglan doesn't need a weak boy.

Edited by doubleicon
spelling mistake
  • Like 4

By the grace of the subbing lords was finally able to view the subbed confession episode of GTY .

QH never stood a chance to surmount the sincerity,affection,care and concern for Minglan that GTY showcased.

It reminded me of an early episode where ML had commented if GuTingye decided to shine no one could hold a candle to him even the Ducal house of Qi.

How accurately she understood his personna.GTY reciprocated the same as he laid bare the real ML as she tried her best to keep it hidden.

They truly could become the power couple.As ML said if they join forces no obstacle is unsurmountable.

GTY helped bestow the status among women that he enjoyed among men.A lavish marriage befiting the wife of a Marquis favored by the imperial family, eye popping betrothal gifts, personal dowry contribution by the empress similar to what the emperor did for him.

His words were not empty promises they conveyed the sincerity of his actions.

The lady had no choice other relenting to be swept off her feet while others deservedly felt pangs of envy.

The villians of Gu and Sheng household have no idea what they are up against.Their days of worry free plotting are numbered.

• Like 12
  • LOL 4

After watching the recent subbed episodes, just want to re-emphasize how much I love granny and XiaoTao. 

How granny would fought tooth and nail because ML is no sacrificial lamb. Not for MoLan's marriage. Or RuLan's. 

Even told He Family off for the couz's saga. 

I love how she always ask for ML's thoughts before she decides because it is ML's life after all. No fame, status or money is more important to granny than ML's choice and happiness. 

Granny even gave a lot of her personal assets to ML as dowry. ML in return asked granny to keep them for herself since she may need it one day. 

And no amount of dowry would be able to guarantee happiness after marriage. So much truth in that...and when granny cries as ML gets married....:tears:

And XiaoTao! The girl who's loyalty to ML unquestionable. 

She didn't say a word about them meeting CL, feigning ignorance although she was in the room the whole time. And the way she scolded QH....to her, she doesn't care about reasons or excuses. Just the fact that her little miss got hurt - she just tore into him. 

And how cute that everytime ML has something nice to eat, she always share them with XiaoTao. 

I've also come to like RuLan in recent episodes. Her act of saving her servant was commendable. 

As much as she keeps mentioning about her being the legitimate daughter and all, she doesn't mean any harm. She gets "angry" when GTY sent over all the gifts and the thought that she would need to rely on ML in future since GTY is so powerful, but when ML turned to walk away, she really wanted her to stay and chat. 

Also, I reckon she's been ML's spy on Molan without herself knowing, telling ML everything everytime she finds out something about Molan. :lol:

Thanks @Golden Flower for the proper translation! Seems like my mandarin is worse than I thought! :lol:

@JoycceeDreamer this is the correct translation of that scene. My bad

Spoiler
41 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

The white paper supposed to serve as his will, indicating who will be his beneficiary. Since he was still young with no children yet and there was no one he is close to, he did not know what name to write and had to leave it blank. However, declaring that he has inheritor, they cannot attempt on his life again but Bai family has been inquiring his beneficiary name so that they can kill that person => meaning if GTY died without any inheritor, they can claim all of his inheritance from his grandfather. If he has inheritor, even if he died, they cannot claim anything. So, they must kill beneficiary first before killing GTY.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

By the grace of the subbing lords was finally able to view the subbed confession episode of GTY .

QH never stood a chance to surmount the sincerity,affection,care and concern for Minglan that GTY showcased.

It reminded me of an early episode where ML had commented if GuTingye decided to shine no one could hold a candle to him even the Ducal house of Qi.

How accurately she understood his personna.GTY reciprocated the same as he laid bare the real ML as she tried her best to keep it hidden.

They truly could become the power couple.As ML said if they join forces no obstacle is unsurmountable.

GTY helped bestow the status among women that he enjoyed among men.A lavish marriage befiting the wife of a Marquis favored by the imperial family, eye popping betrothal gifts, personal dowry contribution by the empress similar to what the emperor did for him.

His words were not empty promises they conveyed the sincerity of his actions.

The lady had no choice other relenting to be swept off her feet while others deservedly felt pangs of envy.

The villians on Gu and Sheng household have no idea what they are up against.Their days of worry free plotting are numbered.

I really hate and detest the helpless, weak and soft look that gty's stepmom has been wearing. So fake. She was a better schemer than linniang because her way of scheming was very twisted. Spoiled the son, let him be wastrel and useless, evoked the anger of the husband, placated the son and encouraged him towards his destruction under the guise of mother's affection. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

I really hate and detest the helpless, weak and soft look that gty's stepmom has been wearing. So fake. She was a better schemer that linniang because her way of scheming was very twisted. Spoiled the son, let him be wastrel and useless, evoked the anger of the husband, placate the sin and encourage him towards his destruction under the guise of mother's affection. 

Agree with you.GTY is giving it back to her.I love how she is being out-maneuvered by him one step at a time. He might use the strategy of besiege wei to rescue zhao that she employed for him.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Her wedding outfit is beautiful. Most often we see brides in full red.. why this different colour?

I got curious about the green wedding attire when they first started showing previews for the drama and looked it up. From piecing together what I found, the green for brides  (red for groom) was a Tang Dynasty tradition, an upgraded version with loose sleeves stayed through the Song Dynasty and later changed to the red for brides too. Other colors in past dynasties has been black with red trim (Zhou Dynasty). 

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/traditional-chinese-clothes-wedding-clothes.htm

https://www.topchinatravel.com/china-guide/chinese-wedding-dress.htm

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Agree with you.GTY is giving it back to her.I love how she is being out-maneuvered by him one step at a time. He might use the strategy of besiege wei to rescue zhao that she employed for him.

Can we safely said that they all well verse with the stratagem of war? .. Ha ha. We have general gty& general ml vs general stepmom&general auntie kang. Let's the game begin. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

58 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

17 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Yes and qh was not some starving exam candidates that relied in this achievement to propose to ml. Ml also never looked down at him when he failed his exam the first time. As rulan pointed out, why he was sad, he can just apply the position of officer through his family's connection. No need for the exam

Also, when QH said he needed to pass the imperial exam so that he has the face to propose marriage, GTY simply asked "you want face? Does ML not want one too? When QH did what he did previously, everyone in the capital was talking about it. When he turned his back against ML, no one talked behind his back. But what about the illegitimate daughter of a lower ranking official, the consequences she needs to bear? Does he not know?" 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:

Can we safely said that they all well verse with the stratagem of war? .. Ha ha. We have general gty& general ml vs general stepmom&general auntie kang. Let's the game begin. :lol:

The Game of households inspired by the stratagems of war.

Treeline/ Timeline for the war-33 episodes

May the best man/ woman win.:lol:

GTY had mentioned about this strategy when he was describing how his stepmom conspired to bring his downfall after he rescued ML from drowning.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, frenchfan said:

If this was the part then you could see that ML was totally pissed even in her pregnant self.  Grandma loved er so much since she was 8 and you could see that she was totally loyal and filial.  I hope Grandma will be OK to see ML's children.  What I don't understand is why would Daniang even think about it?  What is the motif?  I mean she has given literally all of her possession to ML for dowries so nothing much to inherite.....:dissapointed_relieved:

I don’t know if something specific triggered Daniang to try to make grandma sick, but in my opinion the motive is the usual mother-in-law/daughter-in-law power struggle. In extended households like that, even though Daniang is the main wife and steward with control of most everything in the inner courtyard, the real authority is Grandma (still kinda exists today in traditional families) because SH and others will defer to her for advice and judgement. I can’t remember which episodes but I think both Daniang and CL had made little comments here and there about it either to themselves or to their trusted maid. I think Daniang mainly complained but CL actually talked about wanting to harm Grandma during one of her discussions with the maid about ML mom/evidence. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Nah @nichiwoohee  GTy knows he hss to be a gentleman and gentle with her.. GTy already knows not to push that button to soon..  

Not necessarily.. book gty bypassed being a gentleman and went straight to rascal on his wedding night :lol:

7 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Yes I agree they remind me of story of yanxi palace a lot, the banter and confortabillity especially, they scheme too. Haha so alike. 

Yanxi was written by yuzheng right? Wont be surprised if he was “inspired” by to be aired minglan AND ruyi

• Like 2
  • LOL 6