Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

41 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Yes I agree they remind me of story of yanxi palace a lot, the banter and confortabillity especially, they scheme too. Haha so alike. 

Tang Yan or Tiffany Tan and Luo Jin did Princess Weiyoung 

They might have all married for love but in this Era, love wasn't really the gateway or the key to marriage.. Rulan was lucky, QH unfortunately, GTY even though he also somehow married the one he love,we can say the 1st reason for marrying her is her intelligence and his feelings to care for her.. I agree.. Let's just say legitimate. Hahaha and we will unravel the rest obstacle to come.. Schemy GTY 

ah i love princess weiyoung just know her as tiffany tan ;p 

10 minutes ago, dito said:

Some time before the poisoning Da niang's sister was slowly turning Da niang against granny. Da niang was also dissatisfied with granny over something....don't remember what. So the sister gave her an idea.....to make granny sick for a while by feeding her some drug in her food...and even got the drug for Daniang. What Daniang didn't know was that the drug was actually poison. And her sister was vicious bitsh. She wanted to make Daniang kill her mother in law and then blackmail her sister all her life holding this secret over her head. 

The only reason Granny survived was because granny's servant ran to inform ML about it immediately. And ML without wasting time invited the imperial physician to treat granny. When ML was informed about the poisoning....she was absolutely furious. She was even using torture to get the truth out the servants involved. She investigated the whole thing and ordered GTY's guards to lockdown sheng house completely. No one coming in or going out. Then she told her father everything and gave him no way out. Either she has justice for granny or she's going to make this public and ask the courts for justice. 

Yes ML was heavily pregnant during that time. And GTY was outside the city with his troops. He hurried over in the middle of it all after being informed by his steward. I think it happened during the time after their quarrel, when GTY was still mad at ML. After this incident is when they end their fight and make up. I think it also made ML realize that GTY will always stand by her and she's not alone in this world.

Thats all I can remember. Hopefully someone who has read the book remembers more clearly than me and helps elaborate on this.

OMG YES QUEEN ML tell's the trashy people whats up i hope the sister gets beaten to death the vile snake. 

I hope its even more epic on the show because that sounds amazing and i know Da Niang would never set out to tell Grandma i bet she is miserable after knowing. 

• Like 6

Whether he deliberately didnt spell it out still my point is that CB and his mother mistook it and he is not that manipulative. Manipulating to me is influencing/threatening someone to go your way. GTY and ML is more like setting a route for you to choose but the outcome of choices would still be the same because they know the person really well and make plans accordingly.... For one CB never asked him straight out so which sister it is? So I can tell my parents for sure who it is and not make a random guess.... I really had my head scratching that CB can’t tell it’s ML that he want to marry. After all ML is the only one remotely close to GTY amongst his sisters. Even the father thought the description is very much ML. Everything else how he found a way to escape that misinformation is out of my mind don’t want to question it just enjoy the show. Lol 

And still not everyone marries for love in their time. They are arrange by their parents. So my point was for GTY not going to ML like they do back in my grandparents day. Come to the house to serenade or pursue them everyday with gifts etc. Going to their house to say, “hello Mr Mrs Sheng I’d like to date your daughter.” It’s understandable on my part why he had to scheme to get ML since he is not the only one aiming for her. Even though he has the big status he is realistic that the granny doesn’t give a crap about his fame and fortune and would otherwise find a much more suitable person for ML. That’s why he said thank heavens when he found out about Dr. He cousin.... And then QH mom comes with thoughts of marriage proposal too. I’m sure he thought of that possibility beforehand and if he ha felt it known he was after ML than he and QH would have to fight for it out in the open thus he schemed to get ML. He is the winner. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Hello All, Thanks for this update @Lunkera  This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up on topics..

I was wondering whty everyone was looking at him in the restaurant. It was his wedding night and they had to think he and ML  may have had a fighrt but it was sweet of him to go out and get food.. Considerate of him not to bother the house staff which he could have.. GTY is showing ML anything for her..

Nah @nichiwoohee  GTy knows he hss to be a gentleman and gentle with her.. GTy already knows not to push that button to soon..  

I have to thank the writer for giving me a shot of Molan at the polo match the look on her face said it all Even evil two faced step mom was envy with green.. Molan if looks could kill the poor pieces of chocalate must have been scteaming bloody murder in her hands the way nail cut it..  Even her MIL gave her the look like you see why I choosed ML over you..  The richard simmons knows every man was after ML and not her it must be eating her alive as she don;t even get center of a attention from the empress 

Just love how you expressed about Molan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dito said:

Yes ML was heavily pregnant during that time. And GTY was outside the city with his troops. He hurried over in the middle of it all after being informed by his steward. I think it happened during the time after their quarrel, when GTY was still mad at ML. After this incident is when they end their fight and make up. I think it also made ML realize that GTY will always stand by her and she's not alone in this world.

Sorry for cutting your post. So since he was mad at her does that means they already have their first son and then this grandma thing happen? Someone in here say their fight was after their son was born. If its correct that all this happen to grandma after their son is born then grandma can see their child....

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I want to know why she was hitting him:joy:

Spoiler

She was saying if you dare to get a concubine i'll hit you with a stick. You don't come into my house. Abd gty laughing happily. My good wife, eating vinegar (jealousy) deliciously. He was happy bcoz ml was jealous. Earlier on the earlier clip, he's asked why ml didn't feel jealous when someone want to give him concubine and he wanted her to feel jealous.. Lol 

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1

The wedding do was very beautifully relayed, merry, joyfull, auspicious and with such pride and happiness shown by GTY, taking his bride back homeward to start their new life together.

Grandma's letting her go.. brought tears to my eyes... can feel so much love she has for ML... having to part with someone you love can be so painful.

....On this point I can imagine ML/QH oso once going through similar feelings.. QH marrying the princess and ML marrying GTY.

Her wedding outfit is beautiful. Most often we see brides in full red.. why this different colour?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bulubulu said:

Sorry for cutting your post. So since he was mad at her does that means they already have their first son and then this grandma thing happen? Someone in here say their fight was after their son was born. If its correct that all this happen to grandma after their son is born then grandma can see their child....

Yes their first son was already born. And yes grandma did come to visit ML at her house and see her great grand son.

Poisoning happened after the first child and before the second was born....first son was a toddler by then I think.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I like her wedding dress and the very elaborate hair piece, so elegant unlike Molan with literally nothing on her hair.  The wedding ceremony was very nicely done too.  I like how GTY did it with a bang showing everyone that he truly treasure her.  And him going out to buy dinner for his wife.  I was like "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet".....I don't know why but I think he is probably the same in real wife :smiley:  He truly knows her too trying to tempt her with food ha haha

• Like 7

3 hours ago, dito said:

Some time before the poisoning Da niang's sister was slowly turning Da niang against granny. Da niang was also dissatisfied with granny over something....don't remember what. So the sister gave her an idea.....to make granny sick for a while by feeding her some drug in her food...and even got the drug for Daniang. What Daniang didn't know was that the drug was actually poison. And her sister was a vicious bitsh. She wanted to make Daniang kill her mother in law and then blackmail her sister all her life holding this secret over her head. 

@dito  What a vicious witch, Replace the "W" with a "B" My guess is Granny had something she wanted knowing that it would go to ML and Da Niang may have thought it should go to her and like you said got the idea from her sister to have whatever it was..  Da Niang fly off the handle type of person and shows her cards all at once never knew how to play the game to begin with.. In my opinion she was always and easy target this is the very reason Linang kept the upper hand over her husband all the time..

2 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

Whether he deliberately didnt spell it out still my point is that CB and his mother mistook it and he is not that manipulative. Manipulating to me is influencing/threatening someone to go your way. GTY and ML is more like setting a route for you to choose but the outcome of choices would still be the same because they know the person really well and make plans accordingly.... For one CB never asked him straight out so which sister it is? So I can tell my parents for sure who it is and not make a random guess.... I really had my head scratching that CB can’t tell it’s ML that he want to marry. After all ML is the only one remotely close to GTY amongst his sisters. Even the father thought the description is very much ML. Everything else how he found a way to escape that misinformation is out of my mind don’t want to question it just enjoy the show. Lol 

@cherubstomato  CB didn;t know ML well at all because he never inter act with her as a child growing up.. CB just assumed it was RL because he never thought a man of GTY caliber and status would chose ML.. He assumed it was RL because she was the legit daughter.. I'm wondering where he was and what was he doing when all the talk around town about QH and ML.. Was he not listening or did he think these people was talking about someone else..  The book worm isn't clever at all and I fear for his life working in the palace..

3 hours ago, dito said:

The only reason Granny survived was because granny's servant ran to inform ML about it immediately. And ML without wasting time invited the imperial physician to treat granny. When ML was informed about the poisoning....she was absolutely furious. She was even using torture to get the truth out the servants involved. She investigated the whole thing and ordered GTY's guards to lockdown sheng house completely. No one coming in or going out. Then she told her father everything and gave him no way out. Either she has justice for granny or she's going to make this public and ask the courts for justice. 

We can't blame her for this if it was up to her dad he would have let it go just like he did with her mother.. ML wasn;t going to stand another person that love her being taken away from her behind something so stupid..  Yes it was about time someone made Dad accountable for these type of things and stop worrying about his face in court..

2 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:
8 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Molan if looks could kill the poor pieces of chocalate must have been scteaming bloody murder in her hands the way nail cut it..  Even her MIL gave her the look like you see why I choosed ML over you..  The richard simmons knows every man was after ML and not her it must be eating her alive as she don;t even get center of a attention from the empress 

Just love how you expressed about Molan.

Hi @Katrina Abdul Talib  Wow everyone is coming over to this thread from Kdrama..  

I mean why should she get bent out of face because no one fawn over her and her looks that she destroyed being a temple creeper.. Also from the look on her face she still hasn;t consider her actions on how she married into that family.. Do she really not know the Empress knew she married in being a richard simmons.. People like the Empress don't associate with her kind.. I don't think she'll ever be invited to the palace before ML even RL would be invited before her..

Did you check out the look on GTY step Mom face.. After the way she treated him did she really think he would be introducing her as Mom.. Her face was all twisted up like Molan especially after hearing him tell the Empress about he's been the one to prepare for his wedding.. I'm hoping when subs comes out we can hear the Empress telling him if he needs any help to let her know.. If this is what she said I see why Molan was ripping into that chocolate like that..  

56 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Her wedding outfit is beautiful. Most often we see brides in full red.. why this different colour?

This is a good question.? I noticed Molan also wore green for her wedding garmet.. I know it has something to do with the colors of the palace..  I remember when I watch Yi San several years back the colors of there place was also a part of the colors of the palace in China being that Korea was supposed to be the mother state to Chuina or something of that nature.. We need @gerrytan8063 our fellow historian to fill us in on this..

So how many kids did ML and GTY have ?

• Like 4

Wow. So many previews! Thank you @leeza77!! Those 2 are so adorable together!! :wub:

GTY really loves ML, from going out to get her good food, letting her sleep in, and then protectively asking her if someone bullied her in the carriage.. it's cute. 

Also really adorable when he asked her why isn't she getting jealous if he gets a concubine! All the sweetness and cuteness overload from these 2! 

But I still thought the best part was their honest, heartfelt, sincere conversation...(which I could understand prolly half, so I could have misunderstood). How he got his maternal grandfather's inheritance, to his lil white paper scam that only Nanny and Shitou knows, so that makes her the 3rd person to know his secret, and he swears by Heaven and earth that if he ever wronged her, he will get demoted 8 grades and never make a comeback. 

And even when ML said she doesn't know what she can do in return of his promise, he actually said if one day she leaves him, it's probably his fault and hurt her....:o

First we had ML promising to repay him with her life, and only 2 other person can make her do that - her birth mom, granny. He's the third. 

Now we have GTY implying that he trusts her with his life, and only 2 other person he could do that with- his Nanny, and Shitou. She's the third. 

This is why they are so good together, and so good for each other. I feel like they will always have each other's back in this relationship...:wub:

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Wow. So many previews! Thank you @leeza77!! Those 2 are so adorable together!! :wub:

GTY really loves ML, from going out to get her good food, letting her sleep in, and then protectively asking her if someone bullied her in the carriage.. it's cute. 

Also really adorable when he asked her why isn't she getting jealous if he gets a concubine! All the sweetness and cuteness overload from these 2! 

But I still thought the best part was their honest, heartfelt, sincere conversation...(which I could understand prolly half, so I could have misunderstood). How he got his maternal grandfather's inheritance, to his lil white paper scam that only Nanny and Shitou knows, so that makes her the 3rd person to know his secret, and he swears by Heaven and earth that if he ever wronged her, he will get demoted 8 grades and never make a comeback. 

And even when ML said she doesn't know what she can do in return of his promise, he actually said if one day she leaves him, it's probably his fault and hurt her....:o

First we had ML promising to repay him with her life, and only 2 other person can make her do that - her birth mom, granny. He's the third. 

Now we have GTY implying that he trusts her with his life, and only 2 other person he could do that with- his Nanny, and Shitou. She's the third. 

This is why they are so good together, and so good for each other. I feel like they will always have each other's back in this relationship...:wub:

Spoiler

He called her my little fox. The appreciation of her cleverness. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

He called her my little fox. The appreciation of her cleverness. 

Doesn’t he call her his little fraud or something in the book? So this is probably going to be his nickname for her!

@m0us3y thank you for the translation...they are so sweet. I feel like they are friends & partners before anything else

• Like 6

Hahahahaha. I think I heard that too @leeza77

They are just adorable!

Somehow this reminds me...they always say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. 

In this show, this is flipped. The way to ML's heart is also through her stomach! 

All her suitors had tried to win themselves brownie points with her through food! 

QH with the snacks he brought her, Dr. He cooked fish soup for her. And now GTY goes out if his way to buy good food for his hungry lil wifey cuz the food at his home isn't up to standard! Lol:lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

44 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

What’s with the paper and his secret??? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

What’s with the paper and his secret??? 

If my understanding is correct:

When GTY's maternal grandfather passed away, the inheritance was supposed to go to him. However, the rest of the family tried to kill him and take away his inheritance. 

He survived because he exchanged clothes with his dead servant. 

The white paper was his scam, claiming to have testimonial that it was Bai's family doing, the attempt on his life. So they yield the inheritance. 

But they have been trying to find out who the "witness" is all these years. Except the person doesn't actually exist. 

ML commented that it was smart move. 

• Like 5