[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

8 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Funny thing is, many thought they lacked chemistry on their movie monkey king 3 so they doubted their chemistry here, even up until early episodes. Not me, I can already see the chemistry ever since the first trailer where gty greeted ml infront of the examination result (tbh I squealed lol)

So true, the chemistry is there from the very start of this drama.. I think they were a little bit conflicted with their real feelings on monkey King since they only started dating after that, so it's a movie where most of the times, they were flustered by what they felt in real life leading to them being somehow shy with each other.. Hahahahhaha but they have the chemistry here so well.. I love their communication scenes the most :kiss_wink: sometimes, no matter how professional one strives to be, once the feelings is really there, you act so shy, until when you have become so real.. Just like when Tang Yan and Luo Jin were not dating but the feelings was there, their scenes are always like being shy.. But when they became a couple, omg one of the power couple with explosive chemistry I know.. He hehe 

3 minutes ago, heatherbee said:
  Hide contents

Wow...that was so sweet of him,buying her hungry wifeyy a food:relaxed:watching this is like Im watching the real life FSF:heart:ZLY wedding:relaxed:and theres nothing funnier than GTY 's laugh:D

His laughter is the best.. True, it feels as if I'm watching feng shao feng and zhao liying's wedding and not GTY and ML.. It felt so real and natural 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Keep it coming!! :love:

Good thing her tummy rumbled.. if not gty would have shoved rong er out the door to quickly start the wedding night

Spoiler

They have a very heart-warming talk.. Gty told him about his 2 children and that the son chang-er was still can't be found. He's adamant to find him. He told her he kept on reassuring grandma that there will be no more illegimate coming from him and ml told him that the reasin the grandma agreed with this wedding. Ml told him that she will make sure that the mistakes that were done by her step mom won't be happened to Rong. And gty thanked her profusely saying that it was not a mistake for him to marry her.. 

2 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

So true, the chemistry is there from the very start of this drama.. I think they were a little bit conflicted with their real feelings on monkey King since they only started dating after that, so it's a movie where most of the times, they were flustered by what they felt in real life leading to them being somehow shy with each other.. Hahahahhaha but they have the chemistry here so well.. I love their communication scenes the most :kiss_wink:

Yes.. I like that they talk about stuff in the open, hopefully it will continues and dont leave any misunderstandings

I hope the link works, ep 43 spoiler

10 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Funny thing is, many thought they lacked chemistry on their movie monkey king 3 so they doubted their chemistry here, even up until early episodes. Not me, I can already see the chemistry ever since the first trailer where gty greeted ml infront of the examination result (tbh I squealed lol)

While in mk3, he was a monk.. I feel like something wrong with tang if he got so much chemistry with the queen. But, the chemistry was there and it was subtle. 

2 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

They have a very heart-warming talk.. Gty told him about his 2 children and that the son chang-er was still can't be found. He's adamant to find him. He told her he kept on reassuring grandma that there will be no more illegimate coming from him and ml told him that the reasin the grandma agreed with this wedding. Ml told him that she will make sure that the mistakes that were done by her step mom won't be happened to Rong. And gty thanked her profusely saying that it was not a mistake for him to marry her.. 

I can guess that he mentioned his children, but didnt quite grasp everything. Thank you :heart:

6 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Probably anti's, now, they can choked:tounge_xd:

Just now, leeza77 said:

While in mk3, he was a monk.. I feel like something wrong with tang if he got so much chemistry with the queen. But, the chemistry was there and it was subtle. 

I feel like yingbao is easily compatible with every costars. But in MK3 fsf really held back a lot,  he didnt give any expression, well as you say he was a monk..:lol: 

20 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

I’m glad Rong Jie didn’t get neglected in the drama like in the novel. Just sucks sbout the son. Hate seeing bad things happen to children but it is a reality in those kinds of households sometimes. :(

A question, I just saw episode 42 TV version raw & wondering why were Dr.He & his Cao cousin looking at the marriage procession like that? Didn’t grandma let them know that ML is betrothed to GTY & will no longer be marrying him?

Also, I love how they are so honest with each other on the wedding night. It’s one of the reasons I like their relationship cuz I believe friendship & honesty are the most important things in a marriage...love can fade but a marriage which has friendship & honesty will stay strong

6 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

A question, I just saw episode 42 TV version raw & wondering why were Dr.He & his Cao cousin looking at the marriage procession like that? Didn’t grandma let them know that ML is betrothed to GTY & will no longer be marrying him?

Also, I love how they are so honest with each other on the wedding night. It’s one of the reasons I like their relationship cuz I believe friendship & honesty are the most important things in a marriage...love can fade but a marriage which has friendship & honesty will stay strong

Not sure but I think grandma called it off.. Maybe they were just being sad.. Hahhah.. And truly a marriage that is based on friendship and honesty is the best, love will come slowly but surely 

I found it so funny when Gu Ting Ye opened of the huge chest of deeds he inherited from his maternal side and handed it over to Ming Lan to take charge of.

He told her that although he is entitled to one part of Gu family fortune but his stepmother and Older Brother will not share any with him. So it is just the fortune from his Bai family side only.

Ming Lan showed her own inheritance which is so tiny compared to Gu Ting Ye's.

Gu Ting Ye was sensitive of Ming Lan's rumbling tummy and how he also notice the bruises on her forehead because of the heavy head gear.

35 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Nice how they connected GTY/ML as the next life of monk Tang/Queen. :wub:

I love FSF/ZLY but if ZYL and ZLY were to ever collaborate again in the future, I can totally see an MV being done in a similar way using QH/ML scenes. They also had good chemistry as professionals in their roles.

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

He pounced on her in the end anyway ^^. It was funny when her stomach started rumbling :D . But yeah in that situation he showed self-control and instead got her food to make her happy. She needed the energy anyway haha

Hello All, Thanks for this update @Lunkera  This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up on topics..

I was wondering whty everyone was looking at him in the restaurant. It was his wedding night and they had to think he and ML  may have had a fighrt but it was sweet of him to go out and get food.. Considerate of him not to bother the house staff which he could have.. GTY is showing ML anything for her..

52 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Keep it coming!! :love:

Good thing her tummy rumbled.. if not gty would have shoved rong er out the door to quickly start the wedding night

Nah @nichiwoohee  GTy knows he hss to be a gentleman and gentle with her.. GTy already knows not to push that button to soon..  

I have to thank the writer for giving me a shot of Molan at the polo match the look on her face said it all Even evil two faced step mom was envy with green.. Molan if looks could kill the poor pieces of chocalate must have been scteaming bloody murder in her hands the way nail cut it..  Even her MIL gave her the look like you see why I choosed ML over you..  The richard simmons knows every man was after ML and not her it must be eating her alive as she don;t even get center of a attention from the empress 

2 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Hello All, Thanks for this update @Lunkera  This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up on topics..

I was wondering whty everyone was looking at him in the restaurant. It was his wedding night and they had to think he and ML  may have had a fighrt but it was sweet of him to go out and get food.. Considerate of him not to bother the house staff which he could have.. GTY is showing ML anything for her..

Nah @nichiwoohee  GTy knows he hss to be a gentleman and gentle with her.. GTy already knows not to push that button to soon..  

I have to thank the writer for giving me a shot of Molan at the polo match the look on her face said it all Even evil two faced step mom was envy with green.. Molan if looks could kill the poor pieces of chocalate must have been scteaming bloody murder in her hands the way nail cut it..  Even her MIL gave her the look like you see why I choosed ML over you..  The richard simmons knows every man was after ML and not her it must be eating her alive as she don;t even get center of a attention from the empress 

Spoiler

The reason why he went out to buy food not because he didn't want to bother the staff but because he said the food at his house was not delicious. Only the best for the dearest wife.. Ha ha

13 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

He told her that although he is entitled to one part of Gu family fortune but his stepmother and Older Brother will not share any with him. So it is just the fortune from his Bai family side only.

@Jackie1048  Technically what Lil fortune the Gu's have should have been his fortune.. According to what GTY nanny told him the GU's was broke and had to payback money that was owe this is how his mom came into to that family.. 

4 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The reason why he went out to buy food not because he didn't want to bother the staff but because he said the food at his house was not delicious. Only the best for the dearest wife.. Ha ha

Thanks for the clarification @leeza77  How sweet of him.. 

Archived