Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

50 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

@Golden Flower I agree with your line of thoughts. :)

On episode 40, I'd love to watch too but it's not subbed yet...:(. Having said that, I am not at all surprised that after the river bandit encounter, the following 2 encounters were not by chance. After their talk that night when ML asked GTY to consider his future and Rong'er, we could see he sees her differently. 

I just wasn't sure if it's love, or just wanting to protect her. I was convinced he was stalking her since. Everytime she runs into trouble, he's there to help. :D

I just check Viki and it has epi 38 (DVD/ directcut version) was already subbed. It has GTY’s confession to ML towards the end though epi 38 doesn’t have all the scenes of TV epi 40. TV version just have more episodes since each epi time length is different. Subbed 38-39 corresponds to TV 40-41 (partial). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@gossymer nicely said. :)

@leeza77 thanks for all the previews and BT's sharing!! Could always rely on chingus here for latest spoilers and updates! :D

@Golden Flower the differences in all the episodes btw tv and sub versions are so confusing! But thanks! 

• Like 6

I feel sorry for QH.He really loves Minglan.I think QH always think that M needs his help or protection or M is helpless while GTY has already an inkling that M is the opposite .M pretends that she is helpless but in truth she’s intelligent and able to fend for herself. Actually GTY really asked for Rulan because he told the emperor that he is getting married to the legitimate Shen daughter.

i think that GTY was sincere  when he offered his help to QH  about kidnapping the princess and quite surprise that it was taking QH a long time to ask for M ‘s hand in marriage.

Unfortunately ,it’s too late for QH.There’s a saying that the early bird catches the worm .

GTY is dead serious in regard to Minglan.As soon as he realized that he admire and like M, he immediately went into action.

i don’t see anything wrong with QH reaction and action regarding Minglan’s impending wedding to GTY. . In the same token I don’t see anything wrong with GTY’s plan to get Minglan.

If Minglan does not want  to be GTY’s wife , I am sure that she and grandmother can come up with scheme to get out of the situation even with the emperor’s order.

I am quite amaze with ZLY ‘s  portrayal of young Minglan.The way she talk, her attire and how she look ,you would really think that she is young .Now, I am looking forward to watch the mature Minglan or the married Minglan.

It was very slow at the start but I am enjoying watching this drama.All the actors are very good portraying their roles especially the grandma.Thank you very much to the subbers.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

You know what this shows reminds me of The General and I.

Never finished that show so, I can’t really comment. Maybe, I’ll pick it up again. To me,  Im getting vibes of Jane Austen’s works. I love this show, and I’m going to figuratively cry buckets when it concludes. Maybe they’ll do a season 2?!  :wub:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

That explains it then but I somehow admiring her for considering her life so important.. It's hard to love yourself more than anything because we all want to show the world that we are a good person and pure as such we all fail to realize the importance of our life.. It's just that, no matter how trivial love is, it's something very important that must be felt.. So I am glad they both cried and broke the barrier.. Hope it happens like that in the drama.. One thing is, they must cry it out no matter how they want to make the resolution scene to be.. They must cry please write 

Spoiler

Sorry I made a mistake. I've checked the book, and find out they don't cry together, just ML does after she makes the confession. Before the confession they have a row and later a kind of cold war. GTY goes to sleep in his study. After ML tells him the truth he pities her and moves back to their bedroom but the barrier isn't really lifted.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, matrim said:
  Hide contents

Sorry I made a mistake. I've checked the book, and find out they don't cry together, just ML does after she makes the confession. Before the confession they have a row and later a kind of cold war. GTY goes to sleep in his study. After ML tells him the truth he pities her and moves back to their bedroom but the barrier isn't really lifted.  

Spoiler

The scene in the novel that they cried off together was after the incident grandma was poisoned. Ml went all out to seek justice for grandma. This spurred gty's confession to ml because he saw ml's love to her grandma. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Golden Flower said:

I just thinks that GTY shouldn’t blame QH for not taking his help regards to Yong Wang and taking himself credit by saying “I tried to fulfill you guys’ wish to be together but it was you who didn’t take my help” as his plan wasn’t guaranteed success given the circumstances at that time (Yong Wang being potential successor) and debatable whether he was really sincere with his so called help. On the other hand, QH shouldn’t blame GTY for getting ML (which he did not after he realized that GTY had eyes on ML). 

That plan was never really the plan it was a test to see what QH would do for ML , would he turn the world upside down for and the answer was no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

Never finished that show so, I can’t really comment. Maybe, I’ll pick it up again. To me,  Im getting vibes of Jane Austen’s works. I love this show, and I’m going to figuratively cry buckets when it concludes. Maybe they’ll do a season 2?!  :wub:

Well ZYL is pregnant so not soon but shows rarely get season two. 

• Like 2

Also since it's based on a novel there will be more or less no more story to tell after the drama has ended.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Also since it's based on a novel there will be more or less no more story to tell after the drama has ended.

Good writers could still make a original season two but its unlikely anyways.

• Like 3

Spoiler

You should watch and listen epi 40 conversations in details. He admitted to ML that he was determined to marry her since he rescued her from river. When I was watching GTY's second rescue of ML from bandits during first old Madam funeral procession, I thought it was another chance encounter. After hearing his confession to ML, I just realized that GTY joined army but specific one camped near You Yan instead of joining war front to get more achievements (ML even mentioned that), he basically followed ML there.

@Golden Flower

Spoiler

Thanks. I viewed in conversation in 38 between GTY and ML and he did say to ML that he made a decision to marry her after the river rescue. I guess the guy makes his decisions fast, because I thought that their last encounter before the river rescue was when they had a fight at the dessert parlor and he accused her of manipulating QH like a kite. So, he rescues her at the river and she gives him a practical advise about his life and raising his daughter and he decided he wanted to marry her. I thought that was fast turn arround. But anyway he admits his scheming to ML 

All I said was GTY lied to QH that he didn’t know QH’s plan to propose ML again and he also calculated/ considered what QH will do in every steps even when he offered his help to QH as GTY is very good at accessing characters and personalities.

I agree with above GTY is keenly observant 

• Like 3

So much awesomeness going on! I've watched to 41 raw on YouTube. Someone mentioned tv version...is there another? I'm so looking forward to after the wedding, this show really has me hooked!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

You should watch and listen epi 40 conversations in details. He admitted to ML that he was determined to marry her since he rescued her from river. When I was watching GTY's second rescue of ML from bandits during first old Madam funeral procession, I thought it was another chance encounter. After hearing his confession to ML, I just realized that GTY joined army but specific one camped near You Yan instead of joining war front to get more achievements (ML even mentioned that), he basically followed ML there.

@Golden Flower

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks. I viewed in conversation in 38 between GTY and ML and he did say to ML that he made a decision to marry her after the river rescue. I guess the guy makes his decisions fast, because I thought that their last encounter before the river rescue was when they had a fight at the dessert parlor and he accused her of manipulating QH like a kite. So, he rescues her at the river and she gives him a practical advise about his life and raising his daughter and he decided he wanted to marry her. I thought that was fast turn arround. But anyway he admits his scheming to ML 

All I said was GTY lied to QH that he didn’t know QH’s plan to propose ML again and he also calculated/ considered what QH will do in every steps even when he offered his help to QH as GTY is very good at accessing characters and personalities.

I agree with above GTY is keenly observant 

He is also a scholar. He went to a prestige academy and passed the academy exam. He failed the imperial exam because of her brother evil scheme. He suppose to get a top marks in the exam.. So he has a very keen mind

• Like 3

@historicalfictionftw There is two versions. The one on 41 is the tv version which is shown on hunan tv. While the other is the uncut version. The difference is that the uncut is being translated and alittle behind. uncut is about 43-45 min each episode while the tv version is more uneven. Nothing is missed anyway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The scene in the novel that they cried off together was after the incident grandma was poisoned. Ml went all out to seek justice for grandma. This spurred gty's confession to ml because he saw ml's love to her grandma. 

Spoiler

No, it's not right after the incident of Grandma being poisoned that  they both cry and make true reconciliation. In that scene only ML cries. It's at the very end after the second palace rebellion and they have their second son that they completely open their hearts to each other.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

:D kiss

Hide contents

006JoE8kly1fzbrsmrx3lj30k00a6jtf.jpg

That scene was so dark and short :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 and 38 the Sheng House is getting so much  more fun now that Molan and Linniang are gone. Big Madam was really the funniest with her facial expressions and always falling down when she gets excited. I love her one on one with Princess Ping. She must have waited a long time to say that to Princess Ping. Anyhow, I am going to Miss the girls and the Sheng House minus Molan when they all get married and leave. Hope we get to see visits and drama happening at the Shengs.  

• Like 6