[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

On 1/16/2019 at 10:58 PM, ForgottenSoulx said:

Lin was a villain and i dislike her 100% and she deserved to suffer more before dying she killed ML mother and baby during child birth. That must have been one of the most painful and horrifying ways to die. 

Imagine thinking your about to die and your unborn child die and you will leave other child all alone in the world.. ah just to much . 

I mean were saying this because we know who GTY is because we get his POV but think from QH's POV of GTY's history in brothel's, dad rumours,outside wife etc.. I can totally understand why QH is saying what hes saying. Also QH has not tried to kill anyone if he goes that route then yeah all pity is lost.

In the Novel doesnt she say that the cousin could be a concubine?

Offtopic comment but i would to see this grandma playing a empress dowager. 

No I didn't mean he killed someone. That was just a figurative. What I meant was that no matter how pitiful his story has been, he should have learnt to let go of some things because even though he has a new resolution now, his own wishes is still priority in his heart. He has never thought of Ming lan's retrospect at all. Even without GTY, QH still can't be with ming lan. And that's the fact. So what I was saying was that no matter one's story, when one starts to act unreasonably, his story shouldn't be the excuse. Because when one is in a hind, that's when we one's true attitude. So QH is not acting weird because of what he has faced, he has just always been weird

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

In that scene he confessed that he wanted to marry ml since he saved her from drowning. :D

Omg my feels .. 

Just now, Suzzy San said:

No I didn't mean he killed someone. That was just a figurative. What I meant was that no matter how pitiful his story has been, he should have learnt to let go of some things because even though he has a new resolution now, his own wishes is still priority in his heart. He has never thought of Ming lan's retrospect at all. Even without GTY, QH still can't be with ming lan. And that's the fact. So what I was saying was that no matter one's story, when one starts to act unreasonably, his story shouldn't be the excuse. Because when one is in a hind, that's when we one's true attitude. So QH is not acting weird because of what he has faced, he has just always been weird

Yeah i totally agree QH only really think's about him self hes never once thought of ML's position or what shes said. 

It is seems like CB purposely told the parent that GTY want to marry RL instead of ML cos on ep 40 CB told GTY that ML look like soft but when she want something no one can change her mind.

Lol... GTY told CB to wait for 2 days to soft ML heart from anger... clap clap...

All it is part of scene of getting him marry successfully 

10 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

It is seems like CB purposely told the parent that GTY want to marry RL instead of ML cos on ep 40 CB told GTY that ML look like soft but when she want something no one can change her mind.

Lol... GTY told CB to wait for 2 days to soft ML heart from anger... clap clap...

Ha ha.. Gty knows her better. Read her like a book. 

5 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Did you 6th Liang with the others at the house entrance? Cheng Bai looks like he doesn’t know what to think about GTY’s elation lol

The true example of best friend, CB & GTY have the best bromance in this drama and the way GTY trick CB is soo funny... GTY & CB expressions in this drama is always priceless..

3 hours ago, hello210 said:

We’ll see how they play that part out later. For some reason, i think instead of being jealous of QH, GTY may feel insecure about ML’s feelings. Being married to someone who may be in love with someone else, even if you know they are not the type to do anything wrong, is very hard. There was another drama (main characters married to other people fell in love but never physically cheated) I saw where the viewers said that cheating emotionally is worse than physically doing it (Not implying that ML is going to do that, just an example).

I think GTY feels insecure as he feels that he "loves" ML more and he invested all his mind and energy to make ML his wife.. Perhaps in his mind IF he was a bit late in sending marriage proposal, ML might agree marrying QH although QH broke his promise to ML before.. From the preview, I think it's quite obvious that GTY had fallen deeper in love with ML.. Well, I hope that fight will make GTY & ML closer.. hihihi

15 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

This is definitely one of my favorite scenes in this drama.. AHAHAHAHA.. SH & Big Madam reaction are sooo comical that I keep repeating the scenes for several times when I watched that ep.. HAHAHAHAH... I'm glad the drama version has much more comical sides compared to Novel.. 

I think the best thing about this drama is GTY's manipulative laughter... It's so contacting. Hahahahhaha... Really Feng shao feng plays this like no other.. Wow I love those laughter. For GTy6, he will never help Ming lan openly against those women in his house and that's why he told her she will have her stand among noble women. He will never infringe on her judgment. He will just cut them off backstage. And I so love that hahahaha. But his laughter speaks volumes. 

6 minutes ago, lyaarisa said:

The true example of best friend, CB & GTY have the best bromance in this drama and the way GTY trick CB is soo funny... GTY & CB expressions in this drama is always priceless..

I think GTY feels insecure as he feels that he "loves" ML more and he invested all his mind and energy to make ML his wife.. Perhaps in his mind IF he was a bit late in sending marriage proposal, ML might agree marrying QH although QH broke his promise to ML before.. From the preview, I think it's quite obvious that GTY had fallen deeper in love with ML.. Well, I hope that fight will make GTY & ML closer.. hihihi

This is definitely one of my favorite scenes in this drama.. AHAHAHAHA.. SH & Big Madam reaction are sooo comical that I keep repeating the scenes for several times when I watched that ep.. HAHAHAHAH... I'm glad the drama version has much more comical sides compared to Novel.. 

Spoiler

In the novel the reason gty angry at ml was not bcoz of jealousy, but becoz ml show less emotion to him than to qh. She was a perfect wife with an excellent composure to him whilst she showed her anger to qh. Ml later on (after the incident of grandma been poisoned) admitted that she afraid to show her emotion to gty bcoz of lack of trust. Like she has to behave or that all the good things she has with gty will change. 

19 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Thanks! But couldn't understand most of the conversations....:tears:

But they look so sweet together! 

Spoiler

I think the earlier one of the clip he told ml if you are tired, u don't have to go and see the stepmom. Ml was yawning at that time.. Ha ha. Uncle you have kept ml awake all the night, have you? 

17 hours ago, m0us3y said:

@Golden Flower I guess part of it was also implied (from my perspective) and deduced. 

But i did say he SAID and not he THINKS. 

For I do think he felt GTY wasn't good enough for ML. 

Few episodes ago, when he was at the temple he prayed for ML to find a good man, get married and find happiness. 

But when he found out GTY is marrying ML, he was upset, angry almost. He perceived GTY as not a good man, and could not give ML happiness? If so, on what basis? 

@tomo74 @gleek49 @m0us3y @hello210 @leeza77

After watching TV epi 40 and complete conversation of GTY and QH, QH did not tell GTY to give up ML because he thinks that GTY doesn’t deserve ML due to his past behavior. Yes, QH sort of implied that to Xiaotao when he said that he wants ML to have good marriage partner during his visit to ML’s house to meet grandma after conversation with GTY. QH didn’t realize that GTY has feelings for ML and planned to marry her till the end of conversation when GTY admitted it. In the beginning, he was trying to ask GTY to back off as he thought that GTY is just marrying ML because he was late in asking for Roulan and just to get married. Of course, he also thought that GTY wouldn’t aim for ML knowing their love history. QH also did not realize ML’s marriage prospect with Dr. He was also because he hid himself at home focusing on his study. 

GTY also lied to QH (1) not knowing QH’s plan to propose marriage to ML again (2) ML and grandma already agreed to his marriage proposal. Of course, He didn’t tell QH about his grand scheme involving RL and imperial couples. After meeting with ML at HL’s house, he asked Shitou whether the exam results came out today and that they should prepare to meet another person, indicating he already knew QH is going to come look for him. (I’m NOT saying GTY is evil for lying to QH as they’re love rival after all.) I’m just saying that he also calculated QH and basically prevented QH from having opportunity to propose again to ML though they’re friends. I’m just not fond of GTY’s attitude of blaming QH not accepting his help to fight off YW’s family power and pretending he was sincere in helping him to be with ML that time while he was already planning to marry ML since he rescued her from river bandits, way before QH’s family was threatened by Yong Wang. 

I do not think that QH was wrong in being angry at GTY or asking GTY to give up based on his knowledge of how GTY’s marriage proposal went for ML (being late for RL then went for ML).

I’m not commenting about things between QH and ML or whether QH deserves ML or whether ML should accept QH.

I’m just saying as friends, GTY was never honest or transparent of his feelings and plans to marry ML towards QH. So, it is normal that QH being angry at him and not believing ML would want to marry GTY. The truth is at the end of their conversation, ML still hasn’t agreed to marry GTY but GTY tried to make QH think that she and grandma already agreed to the marriage.

54 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

No, GTY also tricks CB making him think it was Rulan he wants to marry causing CB telling his parents. However, CB already found out the truth at the point of conversation towards the end of epi 40 since he told GTY that you better not trick me again and keep me in the dark like last time. CB was just reminding GTY not to trick and make ML angry more as he thinks ML will become more determined not to marry GTY if she gets angrier since she is very stubborn in her decisions.

The scene in epi 40 where ML closed the door to her feelings for QH was beautifully done.She will move forward as she promised herself when she returned the dolls to GTY.The girl has strong resolve beneath her demure and sweet disposition.

7 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

@tomo74 @gleek49 @m0us3y @hello210 @leeza77

After watching TV epi 40 and complete conversation of GTY and QH, QH did not tell GTY to give up ML because he thinks that GTY doesn’t deserve ML due to his past behavior. Yes, QH sort of implied that to Xiaotao when he said that he wants ML to have good marriage partner during his visit to ML’s house to meet grandma after conversation with GTY. QH didn’t realize that GTY has feelings for ML and planned to marry her till the end of conversation when GTY admitted it. In the beginning, he was trying to ask GTY to back off as he thought that GTY is just marrying ML because he was late in asking for Roulan and just to get married. Of course, he also thought that GTY wouldn’t aim for ML knowing their love history. QH also did not realize ML’s marriage prospect with Dr. He was also because he hid himself at home focusing on his study. 

GTY also lied to QH (1) not knowing QH’s plan to propose marriage to ML again (2) ML and grandma already agreed to his marriage proposal. Of course, He didn’t tell QH about his grand scheme involving RL and imperial couples. After meeting with ML at HL’s house, he asked Shitou whether the exam results came out today and that they should prepare to meet another person, indicating he already knew QH is going to come look for him. (I’m NOT saying GTY is evil for lying to QH as they’re love rival after all.) I’m just saying that he also calculated QH and basically prevented QH from having opportunity to propose again to ML though they’re friends. I’m just not fond of GTY’s attitude of blaming QH not accepting his help to fight off YW’s family power and pretending he was sincere in helping him to be with ML that time while he was already planning to marry ML since he rescued her from river bandits, way before QH’s family was threatened by Yong Wang. 

I do not think that QH was wrong in being angry at GTY or asking GTY to give up based on his knowledge of how GTY’s marriage proposal went for ML (being late for RL then went for ML).

I’m not commenting about things between QH and ML or whether QH deserves ML or whether ML should accept QH.

I’m just saying as friends, GTY was never honest or transparent of his feelings and plans to marry ML towards QH. 

I wouldn't tell anyone, not even my best friend about my plan to get someone he inece was in love with. Especially at thtime period where everything must be cautiously done so that you don't trample on the girl's reputation. For me QH has the right to get angry, GTY also has the right to not tell anyone of his feelings because he knows the consequences of his plan failing. As such, they both did not owe each other any explanation or any consideration. QH's story ended when he married, it might have been reopened if he successfully proposed to her again but all these didn't happen, so it was a fair win in love 

@Golden Flower

Why does GTY need to be transparent with QH? They are not close friends like he is with CB. It’s been atleast a year since the whole QH & ML thing happened so why does QH need to be informed? Maybe it’s not wrong of him to ask GTY to give up based on his knowledge of the proposal but it’s very wrong of him to ask him to give up based on what he made ML go through! Or is it that he is so completely oblivious to what is being said about her because of him?

I can never defend QH but to each their own...

EDIT: GTY may have wanted to marry ML when he rescued her but he still would have helped her get married to QH then...

3 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

@Golden Flower

Why does GTY need to be transparent with QH? They are not close friends like he is with CB. It’s been atleast a year since the whole QH & ML thing happened so why does QH need to be informed? Maybe it’s not wrong of him to ask GTY to give up based on his knowledge of the proposal but it’s very wrong of him to ask him to give up based on what he made ML go through! Or is it that he is so completely oblivious to what is being said about her because of him?

I can never defend QH but to each their own...

EDIT: GTY may have wanted to marry ML when he rescued her but he still would have helped her get married to QH then...

Well said. Agree with you. 

Spoiler

The way he asked gty whether ml agree to marry gty was like he can't believe it. And that impliedly, gty was not good enough for ml. He never asked gty's real feeling for ml but made a presumption that gty did not love ml by saying "it's not that u you can't live without her' and gty replied'how do you know i can or can not". 

Where gty explained to ml all his schemes and manipulation. Fsf said in his interview that all things must come clean in the marriage, to avoid any trouble. Cunning

Spoiler

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=231268d4939ecf7dc1a6fd4b17d8bf9fabc614&url_type=39&object_type=video&pos=1&luicode=10000011&lfid=100808eaeae8a326e03f146684f616d6db3ce7_-_feed&featurecode=10000326

He said that he can asleep the night CB told him about the near bethrothal to dr. He. He ordered shitou to take care of dr he problem. Shitou replied, we are going to war now, i had to guard you. But gty insisted i only trust you in this matter.. Wow 

Archived