[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

16 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@UnniSarah  ML killed more then two stones.. Yes and eye for and eye exactly what concubine Lin did with her mother sevants same will happen to Lin servants.. Only two was beaten to death rest will be sold off as slaves.. In my opinion the old man did kill as he said.. He knew the punisher had those skills to beat a person to death.. When he found out exactly who she was that crush his heart.. Now with her being dead I guess he can sneakly replace big Mdm belongings back.. I'm hoping Mdm Liang kick Molan out.. I don't think Mo'er or Molan got the title of first wife because of the stain she came with it wouldn't suprise me if the countess will set out looking for a new main wife..

@Lunkera  I felt so sad to see Granny cry out like that, She hated to let ML go but knew she had to for her very own future..

What I find strange is the expressions on step mom and sickly brothers faces, Wonder whats that all about.. Is they mad that GTY's wife comes from a very rich household and step mom mad about thety can't use any of her dowry.. I know Granny loaded her down with dowry gifts..  ML send off was way bigger then Mo'er, Which is not suprising that she didn;t show up showing off her so called countess title that may have turn her into concubine Mo'er.. 

Well @hello210  Is RL taking a page from Molan books to marry the man she wants..  

Madam Liang cant kick out Molan now its to late even if she wanted shes already the main wife i think and when ML married GTY the Sheng's + GTY are way more powerful than Liang's so they couldn't throw her out and insult the shengs and GTY.

13 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

Grandma: then...Can emperor use knife to force my granddaughter to marry him? 

WS: Outside, GTY only said that he would marry di daughter of Sheng family. He did not say the name of the girl. ML is already recorded under my name and also considered di daughter. 

Grandma: you black-hearted bad couple! You cannot take away ML from me forcefully unless you kill me with blow to my head. 

Qh: you know my heart has been with ml. why did u promise sheng family to marry her. What's your intention? 

Gty: u still thinking about her? I thought you already gave up. You cannot blame me for your misfortune for not being able to propose to her before.

QH: It is not like for you, you must marry her.

GTY: How do you know what I'm thinking? (How do you know she isn't THE ONE for me?

CB (voice over): My 6th sister is not a regular girl. You cannot look at her usual warm, quiet (doesn't fight),  obedient nature. She is very determined after she decided on something. 

Omg the Grandmother even stands up to emperor i love her so much i think she is easily the best character for me in this drama sorry MIng Lan and GTY. 

Also i love how the grandmother throws the cup and even that does not break Madam Liang looks so scared haha. 

Also love that CB truly does know what ML is like as well.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone 

I have a question. I recall at the beginning GTY was close to Hulan’s husband that was how he was introduced to Ming Lan’s Family in the drama. But we never saw him talk to Hulan’s husband in the drama. Is the friendship behind the scene or nonexistent now???? 

Another question 

how come I didn’t get the chance to see ML’s grandmother talk to Madam Liang??

I did watch episode 30-32 with subs. What is going on here??:tears::tears::bawling:

2 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I feel bad for him sure but did he think grandma would agree to break ML’s marriage with GTY & allow her to marry him after all that happened? ML is her precious granddaughter and she saw her hurt & become a joke with others because of what happened so why would she agree. I am glad grannie is guarding her so well

Nice answer GTY! BTW what was GTY and ML talking abt in the beginning & the end if you don’t mind translating?

I'm a bit lost here since I just watch up to ep 34 raw but I'm still curious to know..

Spoiler

Does QH still has plan to marry ML?I thought he has give up on her since he is already married to Princess Whatever? Dont tell me he wants to take her as his concubine? Or did something happen to his princess wife?

53 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone 

I have a question. I recall at the beginning GTY was close to Hulan’s husband that was how he was introduced to Ming Lan’s Family in the drama. But we never saw him talk to Hulan’s husband in the drama. Is the friendship behind the scene or nonexistent now???? 

Another question 

how come I didn’t get the chance to see ML’s grandmother talk to Madam Liang??

I did watch episode 30-32 with subs. What is going on here??:tears::tears::bawling:

Yeah no-one saw it were just guessing what she said during the convo i wish it was added more grandma bad richard simmons missed ;p 

45 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I am enjoying this drama,I also love have active it is  here too. :innocent:

yeah im happy considering good drama's normally get looked over for more teeny/drama/good looking type drama's.

39 minutes ago, lxands said:

I'm a bit lost here since I just watch up to ep 34 raw but I'm still curious to know..

Hide contents

Does QH still has plan to marry ML?I thought he has give up on her since he is already married to Princess Whatever? Dont tell me he wants to take her as his concubine? Or did something happen to his princess wife?

Spoiler

Princess died and he passed the exam he can now have a main wife ,his mother finally agreed but GTY proposed marriage first so both his mother and him were late so QH tried to get GTY to drop it or something. 

17 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

He must've wanted to strangle CB so badly after he made a giant mistake lol

LOL... I think thats the reason he will bring CB to the temple to caught RL red handed and swap his marriage to ML.. In GTY mind, perhaps he think CB is a blockhead.. LOL

14 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I kinda pity Sheng Hong. Finding out about Rulan & her sweetheart so soon after the thing with Molan...he will be having deja vu tomorrow 

LOL.. His reaction catching Molan is epic.. hahahha.. Finally the evil concubine Lin died.. I hope SH get smarter.. I wish to see more Hualan screen time.. I truly pity her in the book and Hualan truly adored ML..

I know some of you dislike Rulan character, but I really like her interaction with ML on ep 37.. When ML caught her meeting up with the scholar at night, they end up having pillow talk n sharing secrets just like sisters.. Yaa, Rulan is the "bossy" sister hahaha just like my big sis.. When you have sisters in your siblings, Rulan characters is considered as "normal".. LOL.. She may always said that ML is illegitimate bcoz she was taught by her mom that her status as di daughter is better than shu daughter.. Being a silly and straightforward person, that's why she always mentioned ML as shu daughter.. 

Im glad, the Rulan in the drama is much more lovable that Novel Rulan.. hahaha.. Rulan in the novel just like the bullying type of big sis..

In Ep 37, I can also see that ML is sincerely worried about Rulan when she found out that Rulan like the scholar.. Obviously, this scene proof that ML cares and have sisterly feelings towards Rulan.. In the novel, ML have much more interaction with Hualan compared to Rulan and ML feels closer to Hualan. It seems like the drama have a little changes here and there but I'm loving it so far.. 

37 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

There a 2-3 different clips and I have translated above epi 39 clip. I'm not a professional translator or native speaker but I think my Mandarin is ok. @leeza77I took a couple of your translated lines but fixed a few words.

CB: You have always been very busy these days. How come you have time today to come out to view flowers?

GTY: If there is good looking flowers, I will cut a bunch, you can take that flower bunch on behalf of me and give it to your sister.

GTY: If I were to able to marry your sister, I'm willing to do anything curry favor you. 

CB: good good. I now know your willingness and true-heart.

GTY: It is the truth. It is the truth.

Then they heard crying sound...

Rulan: I cannot betray/ discard Sheng family. So, I can only betray you.

CB: Sheng family!

He then went looking for the place the sound coming from, fell down

CB: you, you, you, what are you looking at (to his servants), then asked his servants to back out. 

Then, GTY came and CB called GTY's literary name (Zhong Huy) and tried to prevent him seeing the couple.

Grandma: Is Rulan trying to elope?

Hai shi:  Grandma, It is definitely not. This marriage came from heaven (basically emperor already knew and gave his blessing) and Rulan already decided to get married. This meeting is just to say goodbye. Unfortunately, GTY who wanted to let his dead mother know of his upcoming marriage (GTY mom's spiritual tablet is at the temple) took CB along with him to the temple ended up seeing the couple. It is just bad luck. 

SH: basically, you little animal.

WS: What are you trying to do? (since SH was holding white cloth to hang Rulan)

SH: What I am doing? I'll let her die. Then, the whole family die together. I thought you were different from Molan. You still did this unfavorable bad thing and also let GTY see your secret meeting. What are we going to do with you being alive? It will be best if you are dead.

Grandma: Don't you even think about it! You are also her father and how could you come up with this kind of idea? What kind of person is GTY? Can you trick him? Can he tolerate your doing? 

SH: GTY said emperor already knew about this marriage

Grandma: then...Can emperor use knife to force my granddaughter to marry him? 

WS: Outside, GTY only said that he would marry di daughter of Sheng family. He did not say the name of the girl. ML is already recorded under my name and also considered di daughter. 

Grandma: you black-hearted bad couple! You cannot take away ML from me forcefully unless you kill me with blow to my head. 

Qh: you know my heart has been with ml. why did u promise sheng family to marry her. What's your intention? 

Gty: u still thinking about her? I thought you already gave up. You cannot blame me for your misfortune for not being able to propose to her before.

QH: It is not like for you, you must marry her.

GTY: How do you know what I'm thinking? (How do you know she isn't THE ONE for me?)

CB (voice over): My 6th sister is not a regular girl. You cannot look at her usual warm, quiet (doesn't fight),  obedient nature. She is very determined after she decided on 

Love fiesty grandma who looks out for her ML with all her being.I love the actress who plays the role,she makes the character come alive.

I take back what I said about GTY not being a schemer! That look on GTY's face when CB discovers RL and her bf together. :lol::lol:   Acting all innocent and confused when he's the one that set up the whole scene and led CB to catch them in the act.  Not sure if he planned for them to be there or just knew that they were going to be there so he purposely led CB to the temple that day.

The trailer for episode 40 is out and GTY finally tells ML of his true intentions towards her and how he plotted his way to get her.  I can't wait for the next few episodes!

14 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Yeah no-one saw it were just guessing what she said during the convo i wish it was added more grandma bad richard simmons missed ;p 

yeah im happy considering good drama's normally get looked over for more teeny/drama/good looking type drama's.

Reveal hidden contents

Princess died and he passed the exam he can now have a main wife ,his mother finally agreed but GTY proposed marriage first so both his mother and him were late so QH tried to GTY to drop it or something. 

Spoiler

How did she died?

Honestly in the beginning I wonder if I wud want to watch a drama full of women's rivalry, but after I started, I just cant stop. I think all actors & actresses are perfect for their roles. I hate Molan but I like the actress who play the role. She nail it.

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Awwwwwwwwwwww She is so beautiful.  And he is happy.  The ones who were not happy were the GU family hahaha.......served them right.  A bunch of no good idiots.  Poor grandma.  She cried and I started crying too.  Even Papa and Mama Sheng cried.  I can' t wait for this episode.  I want to see her marry with a bang!  

16 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Love fiesty grandma who looks out for her ML with all her being.I love the actress who plays the role,she makes the character come alive.

I know.  The grandma should be awarded for her role.  She totally nailed it.  All the expression, emotion.  Epic!

21 minutes ago, lyaarisa said:

LOL... I think thats the reason he will bring CB to the temple to caught RL red handed and swap his marriage to ML.. In GTY mind, perhaps he think CB is a blockhead.. LOL

LOL.. His reaction catching Molan is epic.. hahahha.. Finally the evil concubine Lin died.. I hope SH get smarter.. I wish to see more Hualan screen time.. I truly pity her in the book and Hualan truly adored ML..

I know some of you dislike Rulan character, but I really like her interaction with ML on ep 37.. When ML caught her meeting up with the scholar at night, they end up having pillow talk n sharing secrets just like sisters.. Yaa, Rulan is the "bossy" sister hahaha just like my big sis.. When you have sisters in your siblings, Rulan characters is considered as "normal".. LOL.. She may always said that ML is illegitimate bcoz she was taught by her mom that her status as di daughter is better than shu daughter.. Being a silly and straightforward person, that's why she always mentioned ML as shu daughter.. 

Im glad, the Rulan in the drama is much more lovable that Novel Rulan.. hahaha.. Rulan in the novel just like the bullying type of big sis..

In Ep 37, I can also see that ML is sincerely worried about Rulan when she found out that Rulan like the scholar.. Obviously, this scene proof that ML cares and have sisterly feelings towards Rulan.. In the novel, ML have much more interaction with Hualan compared to Rulan and ML feels closer to Hualan. It seems like the drama have a little changes here and there but I'm loving it so far.. 

Yes, I too love Rulan.  When she tried to bribe ML so she doesn't tell, she said "here take what you like (from her jewelleries) " and Minglan scooped everything and said I want it all....:joy:  You could see that they have good relationship.  I also love the camaderie between CB and GTY.  That's what best friends are for.

33 minutes ago, lxands said:

Hide contents

The princess & her mother were killed by Consort Rong in the palace during the rebellion. It was shown in episode 34 or 35. He is now a widower. According to the spoilers, he passed the imperial exam and asked his mother about marriage to ML again & this time she agreed. But ML will be engaged already to GTY so he is asking him to back off or something like that

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

@sava2sava I think Molan became the main wife. But she's unfavored and i think she only gave birth to girls if it goes according to the novel. She will live a miserable life fighting against all the concubines

On the last episode I think, RL did mentioned why she prefered to marry the scholar than someone from a noble family by citing Hualan being ill treated by her in-laws and Molan who had a miscarriage right after she enterred the household. 

Just from the quick look at the previews for tomorrow...QH character growth went down the drain the minute he heard GTY and ML are getting married. The mini tantrum, throwing things....he's gone back to his entitled young master behavior again.....smh...smh.

Even his convo. with GTY was all....you're not good enough for her...you betrayed me, like GTY is taking his girl away. Dude, you got married, doesn't matter forced or otherwise.....were even trying for kids....thats means you consummated the marriage. Was ML supposed to wait for you till her hair turned grey.....

Sorry for the rant...I am happy that we'll really get the wedding this week 

36 minutes ago, lyaarisa said:

I like Rulan as well. She is snobbish but that’s because of how she was brought up but she is never malicious. She is always straight forward and not two faced & I like that. Sisters are bossy especially some big sisters but at the end of the day they are sisters & they end up having girl talks like these 2 had about Rulan & her scholar

4 minutes ago, dito said:

Just from the quick look at the previews for tomorrow...QH character growth went down the drain the minute he heard GTY and ML are getting married. The mini tantrum, throwing things....he's gone back to his entitled young master behavior again.....smh...smh.

Even his convo. with GTY was all....you're not good enough for her...you betrayed me, like GTY is taking his girl away. Dude, you got married, doesn't matter forced or otherwise.....were even trying for kids....thats means you consummated the marriage. Was ML supposed to wait for you till her hair turned grey.....

This was my opinion too. The minute he threw away the bowl beside his mother is when everything started going downhill & I stopped feeling bad for him. Did he expect no one to want to marry ML? When the news is out that she is engaged he wants GTY to break the marriage? Did he think about what everyone will say abt ML if that happens? Was it GTY’s fault that he succeeded where he failed? I was glad when grandma & Xiaotao turned him away

39 minutes ago, lyaarisa said:

I dont really hate Rulan shes just netural for me sometimes i really dislike what she say's but sometimes shes quite sweet and show's sister love.

5 minutes ago, dito said:

Exactly GTY should smack some sense into him , if QH does turn against GTY who ever is on QH side deserves :thumbsdown:

4 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I like Rulan as well. She is snobbish but that’s because of how she was brought up but she is never malicious. She is always straight forward and not two faced & I like that. Sisters are bossy especially some big sisters but at the end of the day they are sisters & they end up having girl talks like these 2 had about Rulan & her scholar

Didnt she say that shes fine with ML going to Liang's cause she would suffer or something like that? 

1 minute ago, darkphoenix123 said:

This was my opinion too. The minute he threw away the bowl beside his mother is when everything started going downhill & I stopped feeling bad for him. Did he expect no one to want to marry ML? When the news is out that she is engaged he wants GTY to break the marriage? Did he think about what everyone will say abt ML if that happens? Was it GTY’s fault that he succeeded where he failed? I was glad when grandma & Xiaotao turned him away

He just never thinks and no this is not a sudden change or out of character since the start he use no brain. 

1 minute ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont really hate Rulan shes just netural for me sometimes i really dislike what she say's but sometimes shes quite sweet and show's sister love.

Exactly GTY should smack some sense into him , if QH does turn against GTY who ever is on QH side deserves :thumbsdown:

Didnt she say that shes fine with ML going to Liang's cause she would suffer or something like that? 

My guess is that she said what her mum wanted to hear to get her off her back about marriage to 6th son of Liang house 

Archived