[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

18 minutes ago, thatpers0n said:

Oh fellow QHxMinglan shippers?  I do not even know what I saw that made me ship them (probably the good acting of the two people?)  Since on the novel, I juat saw them as brother and sister. 

I doubt that since a lot are saying how Minglan will make sure to clear the lines. Though I wish she would as the only way the ship will continue if she will be daring enough to ignore all odds just to follow her heart. 

Im not QH/ML shipper i just knew it was coming and seeing QH reaction just made my heart drop for him his mum is truly evil.  

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ha ha.. Some netizens suggested why can't ml has two husbands ??.. Lol

Is that true? 

3 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

I'll ship ML with the person ML loves, so as up to the current episodes, I'll ship her with QH, please don't hate me GTY/ML shipper, I haven't reach that far yet :cry:

Lol. Ship whoever you want. Look at me, knowing my ship is drowning I just ship whoever I see like Changbei and GTY. XD I am so depressed. 

14 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

Oh thanks, i'm a bit lost here since so many spoilers (from the book)

Spoiler

Even in the books they never really fought for ML against each other but maybe im wrong , at least in the drama it will be a bit different they might have a few arguments but it wont be the typical fighting over one girl people expect. 

12 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Ha ha.. Some netizens suggested why can't ml has two husbands ??.. Lol

I would love it if a historical drama did change it up and instead of Emperor it was Empress and Instead of female's being the harem male's are instead omg please that would be hilarious.

instead of a harem of female's its all male's and they fight each other for the empress omg would be so funny. 

Also the servants are all boy's instead of female's as well would be hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

I'll ship ML with the person ML loves, so as up to the current episodes, I'll ship her with QH, please don't hate me GTY/ML shipper, I haven't reach that far yet :cry:

I dont ship them but she is cute with QH. I felt bad for him. They do make a cute first love type of couple. It made me wish they could get married but then I think that if she had married him her life would have been really hard in his household. 

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.146
2 The Great River (JSTV) 0.894
3 The King of Blaze 2 (Hunan TV) 0.772
4 The Lady in Cubicle (ZJSTV) 0.676
5 Behind the Scenes (Dragon TV) 0.606
6 Our Youth (Shandong TV) 0.455
7 Behind the Scenes (BTV) 0.454
8 The Story of Xijing (Anhui TV) 0.32
9 Forty Years We Walked (Guangdong TV) 0.304
10 Our Glamorous Time (SZTV) 0.294

Hit a new high on Live rating's , should continue to rise i hope it can reach 2.0 before the end but just from one channel would be hard. 

Finished 21 and 22: all I can say is Qi Heng needs to grow up, he is a child. He is a good person, handsome ,  earnest, fun and adorable and he is young and immature. Ming Lan is also infatuated, it is clear she developed feelings for QH. I feel empathy for Ming Lan most, first love broken heart. I also understand and totally agree with the Princess, QH's mother, but I disagree with her method of breaking the bethrothal request,  when she shamed the Sheng Family and hurt kind granny. She should have shamed her son, talk to him properly and told him the deal

QH: I will not ask any favor from you ever again, this is one last time..... hmmmm really?? when he is dependent on them and his ducal title?

Mom: you did not pass your exam because you were sighing at your books instead of studying them, you were polo playing, skirt chasing, no career and worse wanting to marry an orphan child of a concubine, with low family status, no money, what kind of family life are you trying to establish

QH: I will pass my exam, I will study, just help ask for the marriage bethrothal I promise I will pass

mom: did you not hear a thing I said? aren't you reversing priorities here? what if the political climate changes and the ducal title and wealth is gone, what then son... should you not have passed the exam first, establish career and then think of marriage... you gotta have something to offer sonny

OK, the princess did not really say all of that but I imagine that was the point. QH is all about the chase now. It is not even heart over mind or heart and mind but all about hormones/testosterone gone fierce, I just want to plant my seeds. He is young, spoiled and seems not used to hearing the word no...and the reasons for it. It is all about him because if he were thinking maturedly, he would have asked himself the question, how can I be worthy of the woman I love, what can I Qi Heng, offer her and do to make her happy? But it is also the fault of the parents for making everything easy for him. Instead of Mom directly explaining why she can't help QH, she went to indirectly shame the Sheng family and hurt Ming Lan and the grandmother. QH was never taught patience and endurance it seems. 

What I enjoyed most ep 22:

Chang Bai whom I am very proud of. Big Mama may be hot tempered but she is a good mother. She raised her children well. CB and his beautiful bride went to bow to their parents for the first time. I laughed so hard when Big Mama tried to teach the new bride about how to run her household and CB answered his mother saying that they, as husband and wife will take care of their own household matters, in other words, "stay out of it, mom." Daddy Sheng and the new bride tried hard not to laugh. Then new bride looked at her husband giving a thank you smile and CB nodded back implying "no worries babe, I got your back covered."

Maybe QH should have CB as his role model. 

41 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

Oh thanks, i'm a bit lost here since so many spoilers (from the book)

I think they’re a little misleading with the trailers. Someone commented that the conversations that GTY and QH have in the trailers are not in the novel so it’s something new for the drama. It’ll be interesting because QH is protective of ML so I think part of their “fighting” over ML is more about GTY not being good enough. We’ll see when it gets to that part.

3 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Chang Bai whom I am very proud of. Big Mama may be hot tempered but she is a good mother. She raised her children well. CB and his beautiful bride went to bow to their parents for the first time. I laughed so hard when Big Mama tried to teach the new bride about how to run her household and CB answered his mother saying that they, as husband and wife will take care of their own household matters, in other words, "stay out of it, mom." Daddy Sheng and the new bride tried hard not to laugh. Then new bride looked at her husband giving a thank you smile and CB nodded back implying "no worries babe, I got your back covered."

I wish we had more of CB i really like his character. 

13 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Finished 21 and 22: all I can say is Qi Heng needs to grow up, he is a child. He is a good person, handsome ,  earnest, fun and adorable and he is young and immature. Ming Lan is also infatuated, it is clear she developed feelings for QH. I feel empathy for Ming Lan most, first love broken heart. I also understand and totally agree with the Princess, QH's mother, but I disagree with her method of breaking the bethrothal request,  when she shamed the Sheng Family and hurt kind granny. She should have shamed her son, talk to him properly and told him the deal

QH: I will not ask any favor from you ever again, this is one last time..... hmmmm really?? when he is dependent on them and his ducal title?

Mom: you did not pass your exam because you were sighing at your books instead of studying them, you were polo playing, skirt chasing, no career and worse wanting to marry an orphan child of a concubine, with low family status, no money, what kind of family life are you trying to establish

QH: I will pass my exam, I will study, just help ask for the marriage bethrothal I promise I will pass

mom: did you not hear a thing I said? aren't you reversing priorities here? what if the political climate changes and the ducal title and wealth is gone, what then son... should you not have passed the exam first, establish career and then think of marriage... you gotta have something to offer sonny

OK, the princess did not really say all of that but I imagine that was the point. QH is all about the chase now. It is not even heart over mind or heart and mind but all about hormones/testosterone gone fierce. He is young, spoiled and seems not used to hearing the word no...and the reasons for it. It is all about him because if he were thinking maturedly, he would have asked himself the question, how can I be worthy of the woman I love, what can I Qi Heng, offer her and do to make her happy? But it is also the fault of the parents for making everything easy for him. Instead of Mom directly explaining why she can't help QH, she went to indirectly shame the Sheng family and hurt Ming Lan and the grandmother. QH was never taught patience and endurance it seems. 

What I enjoyed most ep 22:

Good imagination :lol: QH really sucked with his timing but then he didn’t learn from his previous attempts at sucking up to his mom (or not very observant). His mom already knows his kissing up attempts so him using her birthday celebration as an opportunity to ask her to propose marriage was not a good idea. I think she was extra cruel because she accused him that he was only doing the nice things for her birthday as a pretense. Poor QH was really duped by his mother’s agreement. 

30 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Good imagination :lol: QH really sucked with his timing but then he didn’t learn from his previous attempts at sucking up to his mom (or not very observant). His mom already knows his kissing up attempts so him using her birthday celebration as an opportunity to ask her to propose marriage was not a good idea. I think she was extra cruel because she accused him that he was only doing the nice things for her birthday as a pretense. Poor QH was really duped by his mother’s agreement. 

Well QH has no self awareness and not very observant as you said, because if he did, he would have known not to ask his mother for help and his mom got a point. (wanna get married with what?). He got what he asked for whether he liked how it was delivered or not as in being duped. I am more concerned about the other people who were affected by the inconsiderate actions of his mother. She wanted to teach her son a lesson but she did not have to use and hurt other people just to make a point with her son. I hope this will be a turning point for QH to turn inward and ask himself how he can get what he wants with consideration, fair and square, honorably and deservedly.  

@zenya22 :lol: Honestly, QYH attitude is exactly what his mother wants.... There is such a thing as parents not wanting their kids to be independent from them. His way of trying to persuade her in her eyes was better than GTY unruly nature. She was waiting to take the matters in her own hand to make the clear break for them and the time came. Though her method will cause a little mistrust to her son she needed to do it where there are witness and the two of them. This is why being direct is not something they do. They have to have an alternate meaning. When his mom talked about CB wedding she was clever in making him think that she agreed but it was only to visit the party so it was his fault for misunderstanding and can’t blame his mother later on. 

If I were Minglan I can’t imagine how awkward and humiliated I would be in that situation knowing also my trusted maid and granny is watching. I probably would’ve shed tears right there for making a fool of myself believing the impossible when I was the one who kept telling QYH to give up... 

33 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Honestly, QYH attitude is exactly what his mother wants.... There is such a thing as parents not wanting their kids to be independent from them. His way of trying to persuade her in her eyes was better than GTY unruly nature. 

She was waiting to take the matters in her own hand to make the clear break for them and the time came. Though her method will cause a little mistrust to her son she needed to do it where there are witness and the two of them. This is why being direct is not something they do. They have to have an alternate meaning. When his mom talked about CB wedding she was clever in making him think that she agreed but it was only to visit the party so it was his fault for misunderstanding and can’t blame his mother later on. 

If I were Minglan I can’t imagine how awkward and humiliated I would be in that situation knowing also my trusted maid and granny is watching. I probably would’ve shed tears right there for making a fool of myself believing the impossible when I was the one who kept telling QYH to give up... 

So, that is mama, controlling. I am not talking about unruly. I am talking about being mature, honorable and unselfish as in thinking about and being considerate of the woman you love and as a person in general. If that is what the princess wants, a sissy son, then poor woman whomever her son marries and poor QH because ML who is already mature and responsible would have left him in the dust and married someone else more deserving. I like QH a lot, he is a beautiful person, but he needs to break from his mother's control one way or the other and grow up. Study, pass the exam, concentrate on his career, go to the army or do whatever he wants and needs to do to be his own man. Can't be a mama's boy forever. Claim his independence .... boy 

Archived