[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

4b0c804aly1fyd7jx3u74j22jv19y4qt_zps3u4c

Details:

Chinese title: 庶女明兰传 (Shù nǚ míng lán chuán) / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦 (Zhī fǒu? Zhī fǒu? Yīng shì lǜféi hóng shòu)
English title: The Story of Ming Lan

Genre: Ancient, Romance, Vengeance

Episodes: 70

Director: Zhang Kai Zhou (Battle of Changsha 战长沙,  Love Me If You Dare, When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情Ode To Joy 2 欢乐颂 2)

Broadcast Period: Dec/25/2018

Novel: Do You Know? It Ought To Be a Red Flower Amongst The Leaves (知否知否应是绿肥红瘦)

Cast:

Zhao Li Ying (趙麗穎) as Sheng MingLan (盛明蘭)

An outcast in the Sheng Family, her existence was ignore by her own father, where sister rivals among each other to survive, where the worst always waiting to fallen upon one. Ming Lan however persist against fate, under her grandmother care, she flourish from being an outcast into someone will determine the fate of her own family.

盛家最不受寵的女兒,自幼所處父親不重視,姐妹欺壓難纏的困境,不僅生存艱難,深宅之中更處處深藏意想不到的危機。所幸明蘭知命卻不受命運擺弄,在祖母盛老太太的關愛與扶持下,她藏起聰慧,掩埋鋒芒,在萬般打壓之下依然自強自立,從在家中備受冷落欺凌,到成為影響著家族興榮的舉足輕重的人物。

Feng Shao Feng (馮紹峰) as Gu TingYe (顧廷燁)

Gu TingYe is the unruly son, who always venture into the wine house, where the father had also kind of written him off as a pretty useless son. Knows MingLan since young, had also save MingLan once before, while MingLan going through some hardships and prevail through it, he left house and enter the military where he score a winning point where he ask for MingLan hand in marriage as his reward.

世家侯府公子,年少時卻頗為頑劣,流連於楚館酒肆,更被父親老侯爺斥為不肖子,少時就識得明蘭,並數次救明蘭於危難之中,當明蘭在深宅中艱難求存並漸漸走上家族中心的位置時,顧廷燁也經歷了家門變故而輾轉流離,幡然醒悟去京從軍,建得一番功名,並善用智謀求娶明蘭。

Zhu Yi Long (朱一龍 ) as Qi Heng (齊衡)

2nd son of Qi Family, like Ming Lan, but due to family objections unable to get together with Ming Lan.

齊公府二公子,喜歡明蘭,但因家庭的緣故無法如願。

Shi Shi (施詩) as Sheng MoLan (盛墨蘭)

Ming Lan fourth elder sister,  Sheng HongYu Lin QinShuang daughter, vicious as well as full of jealousy, also MingLan greatest rival before her marriage

明蘭的四姐,盛紘與林噙霜之庶出女兒,狠毒善妒,是明蘭出嫁前最大的衝突對象。

Zhang JiaNing (張佳寧) as Sheng RuLan (盛如蘭)

Ming fifth elder sister, Sheng HongYu Wang RuoFu 2nd daughter, while she is haughty, her character is not that bad

明蘭的五姐,盛紘與王若弗嫡出的二女兒,雖性格嬌蠻,但本性不壞。

Synopsis:

A pessimistic and negative daughter of a concubine living in the ancient times thought – since life is so difficult, why should one invest serious effort in struggling to live.

The life of an ancient noble woman is often determined and controlled by her family. In addition, one’s actions often implicates one’s entire family – thus, it is fairly common to see an unexpected calamity result in suffering borne by one’s whole family. Managing to live a good and successful life while retaining one’s dignity is simply too difficult to achieve.

Cr shushengbar

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 Raw Episodes

Do You Know? It Ought To Be a Red Flower Amongst The Leaves (知否知否应是绿肥红瘦) Novel English Translation

Zhao Li Ying Official Soompi Thread

Battle of Changsha 战长沙 Official Drama Thread

When He Comes Close Your Eyes 他来了请闭眼 Official Drama Thread

When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情 Official Drama Thread

Ode To Joy 2 欢乐颂 2 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l LavelyShai

• Like 9

The transmigration theme could be easily removed from the storyline as it only play a small role. So I hope they stay faithful to the novel, not change it (like Princess Wei Young, although I quite like the drama) or ruin it (like General and I).

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-6-21 at 0:12 AM, sugarplum892 said:

Feng Shao Feng confirmed to play the male lead

cr avirtualvoyage

@sugarplum892 hi, i really liked FSH in Prince of Lan Ling as he potrayed the LLW so well i got so besotted by his character.  His subsequent roles were less appealing and I am waiting to see how he's going to portray the male lead beside talented ZLY here.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gentlelily12 said:

@sugarplum892 hi, i really liked FSH in Prince of Lan Ling as he potrayed the LLW so well i got so besotted by his character.  His subsequent roles were less appealing and I hope to see how he's going to portray the male lead beside talented ZLY here.

hello same!  felt like after LLW he hasn't done a role that was appealing.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, samanatha_xyooj said:

I’m a fan of ZLY and FSF… Super excited to see their chemistry on screen… I hope the drama won’t be dragging.

Anyone know if there is an eng translating for the novel? 

there is a link to the novel translations in the first post

• Like 3

Excited to see how ZLY will portray a pessimistic and negative person since her face is so round and fluffy oozing positive charm.haha. I love it when she always try to choose different role in her dramas or movies. I think this is the first time she'll act as a pessimist, worth to wait. :)

• Like 4

the production company is really good, I am a bit iffy on the director since I found Ode To Joy 2 not as good as the first one but it could also be the script. One of the screen writers worked in War of Changsha and that has really good reviews. So I am hopeful. We just need a good script, decent director, and good production company. 

rumor blog says some of the cast was decided already:

Qi Heng, Zhu Yilong, and Gan Tingting (I only know Gan Ting Ting from General and I, she was good there. The rest are unknown to me.) 

http://weibo.com/5977446408/FfFL8wiH9?filter=hot&root_comment_id=0&type=comment

180 days of filming, pretty long schedule

• Like 6