[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back Row:  Wen Yan Jing, Liang Han

Middle Row: Hai Shi, Dan Jun, Sheng Ming Lan, Sheng Ru Lan, Sheng Mo Lan, Xiao Tao, Mou Wei mama

Front Row: Sheng Chang Bai, Gu Tingye, Sheng Chang Feng

006K2tVLgy1fo4grexxebj338o25s4qv.jpg

credit: https://weibo.com/u/6177100161?from=feed&loc=nickname

It took me sometime and a little help to find ZLY

006eW06Sgy1fo4gaeczvdj30qo1bewlx.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fo4h6pufuaj31jk15ou0x.jpg

More stills 

40ab4f4cgy1fo73eaipmej214f1zv1kz.jpg

40ab4f4cgy1fo73e9lqkvj20wy1mlu0x.jpg

40ab4f4cgy1fo73ebdfpaj21171u6qv6.jpg

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

from the costumes itself....seems like they should be nearing the end of the scripts?

most of them are supporting a more mature look in the costumes and makeup besides did i detect a light mustache like on FengShaoFeng? :D:D:D  or maybe it is just the lighting playing a trick on my eyes lols

I think so too. I have seen rumors about some cast member being casted in other dramas. I think we will have a media visit soon and then it will wrap up. 

I started reading the novel. Read a few of the chapters surrounding her childhood then skipped around to otp parts and picked it up right before their wedding. And I wonder if they are filming the drama in order of scenes bc if they just filmed the wedding in January they should still have like half the drama to film, but it feels like they are getting close to wrapping up. 

Maybe they were filming back and for from before and after marriage. I hope they don't cut anything towards the end. 

On 2/5/2018 at 12:30 AM, mrsyooknit said:

Back Row:  Wen Yan Jing, Liang Han

Middle Row: Hai Shi, Dan Jun, Sheng Ming Lan, Sheng Ru Lan, Sheng Mo Lan, Xiao Tao, Mou Wei mama

Front Row: Sheng Chang Bai, Gu Tingye, Sheng Chang Feng

credit: https://weibo.com/u/6177100161?from=feed&loc=nickname

It took me sometime and a little help to find ZLY

I found her right away.  It's her smile.  So infectious :) 

What I like here is that (from the BTS) the costumes are pretty much close to the era meaning no ruby red painted lips and those glaring make-up. I read somewhere that the producers want it to be as authentic and respect the period. Bravo.  It gives a fresher look to all the actors and actresses. Natural beauty for all our beautiful ladies.  From the trailers it look to be an interesting drama.

5 hours ago, frenchfan said:

What I like here is that (from the BTS) the costumes are pretty much close to the era meaning no ruby red painted lips and those glaring make-up. I read somewhere that the producers want it to be as authentic and respect the period. Bravo.  It gives a fresher look to all the actors and actresses. Natural beauty for all our beautiful ladies.  From the trailers it look to be an interesting drama.

yeah this production company tends to try to do more realistic dramas. Not all their productions are a hit with me but they have made some of my favorite cdramas. 

I just wish we had more bts stuff :lol:

Sheng Family 

Sheng Hong (father)

616f0004eb8b91f4acbf

Grandmother

005QhBFzgy1foh96x9hfuj318g0p0e81.jpg

Sheng Changbai (eldest son)

6171000451b9c21cbed7

Sheng Changfeng (second son)

005QhBFzgy1foh971fcu4j318g0p0e81.jpg

Sheng Hualan (third daughter)

006gGQ44ly1fnwfuk1l6nj31be0qowkx.jpg

Sheng Molan (fourth daughter)

61700004c1cae4a6fef8

Sheng Rulan ( fifth daughter, I think she looks so pretty)

61700004c1bb44ba83bc

MingLan (sixth daughter)

61700004c2051b5c9d75

the girl playing the eldest daughter is the youngest :lol: but she probably has more of a supporting role. 

On 2017/11/8 at 10:59 PM, minoku2209 said:

Zhao Liying as Sheng Minglan

Ah Ming will move to see the background is in the race course, It's the Equestrian Field at the back.

"Hi, I'm ZLY.. Now I'm filming a movie of 《know or don't know. The Green the. Blossoms blossoms play as a ming rallies. This will be to watch in Tencent & QQ in the year. 2018 yes, I hope everyone's favorite, and there's a drama in our time. 

Click this link for the message,

Anyone here who know chinese pls give us a better translation, thanks

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Fu8LIF0nR?fid=1034:14494134d9d46613a9d0b58990c01710

EDIT~ just found at YT ZLY message with the trailer

Hello,everyone,my name is ZhaoLiYing.Now i have a drama called the story of minglan as ShengMingLan.This drama will air on TengXin video in 2018 and i hope that you can love .In addition ,i have a modern drama You and me in time will air on TengXun video.I will see you on TengXun video.

I'm not good at English...so if I have  language mistakes, please forgive me and tell me, thank you.                                              

2 hours ago, xingerzhenhaokan said:

Ah ah... Just registered account, I have some will not operate this site. I can't understand a lot of English. Many places are still translated by Baidu. I just want to say... Where do you reply to other people's comments? “report post” or “quote”?:confused:

you can quote to reply like I just did. You can also use @ then the user name like @xingerzhenhaokan as you type the name it would show up on screen and you need to click on it. Don't worry it always takes some time figuring out hw everything works. :) 

btw if you haven't seen it, this is the ZLY thread here. We are pretty active there 

It was posted on the other thread, but I am reposting it here since it is related to MingLan 

There were over 400 staff members at the party and everyone got an envelope. The crew works very hard and get pay very little so this was really nice of her. 

On 2/17/2018 at 10:44 PM, mrsyooknit said:

It was posted on the other thread, but I am reposting it here since it is related to MingLan 

There were over 400 staff members at the party and everyone got an envelope. The crew works very hard and get pay very little so this was really nice of her. 

I know that,thank you.:D

Archived