[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

9 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

I haven't finished any of his dramas. The bits I saw I wasn't feeling his romantic mood but I think for the most part he is not suppose to be likable and romantic. I think  Zhu Yilong is playing the more likable character but it doesnt work out. If it was up to me I would have casted Wallace Chung because I am biased, he is the best male romantic lead in my eyes. :wub:

Well yeah... Wallace Chung is an experienced top notch actor who throws himself into romantic scenes like nobody else does. :wink: I wouldn't have minded Zhang Han though... he can play a scumbag well enough. :DAnyway it's all moot now. The characters have been cast. Not sure if I will be watching it when it airs... 75 episodes is too long for a show of this nature. Might be best for me to wait for the whole thing to be done and dusted before watching it. 

Zhu Yilong does tortured brooding males superbly though.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well yeah... Wallace Chung is an experienced top notch actor who throws himself into romantic scenes like nobody else does. :wink: I wouldn't have minded Zhang Han though... he can play a scumbag well enough. :DAnyway it's all moot now. The characters have been cast. Not sure if I will be watching it when it airs... 75 episodes is too long for a show of this nature. Might be best for me to wait for the whole thing to be done and dusted before watching it. 

I read some chapters from the novel and I think I can like it if they do it well. But it will be a bit slow at first. So far I am really excited plus Daylight productions are always top notch. 

No use but I always mourn the fact that Wallace Chung has yet to do a drama with Zhao Liying. </3

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

At least with so many episodes, you know that they'll have plenty of time to give this show a good ending.

btw guys filming must be in the last two months because I am seeing news of the male leads taking other projects. I think it was set to be 6 months total and it started filming around mid to late September (?). It will probably wrap up early March at the latest. 

46 minutes ago, rampantwolfhound said:

At least with so many episodes, you know that they'll have plenty of time to give this show a good ending.

I really hope so, side eyes Princess Agents and Tribes and Empires. 

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Tongue firmly in cheek? :wink:

I could say way too much about this, but I'll just ask you to fantasize about how many "brooding YX" scenes they could've fit into 7 additional episodes of PA and leave it at that:D. Hopefully this one will give us a more satisfying ending. (Which it should, since the bar is so low.)

006FsDz9ly1fnrjlxaj4zj33h01mx4qu.jpg

006ATD14ly1fnrx9hz0d1j30mn0rswig.jpg

006ATD14ly1fnrx9ith08j30qo1ben0u.jpg

Child actress Tao Yi Xi, who is playing little Mo Lan (MingLan's rival)

Minglan is the third one on that row. 

005NxzFmly1fnrjqxk08hj30ku112tdl.jpg

similar hairstyle

I also read a comment that says it is following the book in that it said that Minglan was getting hit directly by the sun. The level of detail. :blush:

Zhu Yilong bts

a16e4a8fly1fnrokxwvhtj211b0q4hdt.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fnrokwk5jbj21400u0mzi.jpg

Beautiful fanart

006nmm1Yly1fnzy9wjz78j34at2blnpj.jpg

SARFT application has production time at four months. They started in September and ZLY started in October. Usually production times runs over the estimated amount but it should be ending in 1-2 months tops. 

they already have been filming for 148 days

6a3cc741ly1fnzvogfhd6j21w02ioe87.jpg

Archived