[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

5 minutes ago, m0us3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm with you on this one! 

Been waiting for her fake pretentious thing to be discovered and get kicked out! 

I hate fake people so damn much especially over just clear cut they get my blood boiling. 

5 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The kids were well off without manniang. She was an irresponsible mother. In order to reveal her existence to Gu family, she lets the daughter loose onto the street alone . 

Spoiler

Luckily the daughter gets ML's love im pretty sure. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, leeza77 said:

The kids were well off without manniang. She was an irresponsible mother. In order to reveal her existence to Gu family, she lets the daughter loose onto the street alone . 

It seems to me that the kids are just pawns for her. Take them out to get sympathy, throw them out to ruin GTY marriage prospect. 

That's the role of the kids in her grand scheme of things I reckon. Prolly also hope to enter the Gu Family since she has a Gu son. 

She's worse than concubine Lin. At least Concubine Lin plotted for the daughter! 

So frustrating watching her con and play GTY around, while he does everything with her in consideration. And he wouldn't even listen to Nanny and ML who kept telling him that Manniang is not a keeper! 

Hence I'm really pleased that he finally see her true face and kick her out! 

These 2 incidents, GTY's discovery of the stepmom being a two face woman, and now Manniang also been a fake all these while, hopefully makes him a better judge of character. 

I also felt this is one reason why he'd like ML to live as herself, without having to put her mask on...

PS. Any feeling of dejavu when GTY and the docs he found were refused entry into the house?...

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Exactly i cant help but laugh at her act of not liking him but showing him attention. 

My take is Mang Lin's nature.. he gifted her with those pen, so likewise she gave him a present.

She did this gesture to GTY too, the fish porridge when his father died, as he once helped her when her late mum needed a doctor.

ZLY/Minglan looks so cute with bangs. :lol:

FSF/GTY should keep the facial hair. 

I think concubine Lin is worst than manniang for right now. Yes, Manniang is a gold digger and a liar and her using her kids as a pawn is no different from all the other families. But Concubine Lin is a two faced, gold digger, liar, murderer, manipulating psycho. I can’t stand her and her daughter Molan. She doesn’t really care about her kids either she just uses them to elevate herself... I can see why Big Madam wants to get rid of her and hates her to the bones. LOL Right now GTY step mom, Concubine Lin, Molan is most annoying.

4 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

In our time, what ML did may not be in line with leading him on, but back in those days? The girl said dont go after me, but then accepted his gift and also give him a gift 

Hmm I don’t see the difference in our time. I guess it depends on the individual. If I were in Minglan situation I wouldn’t be rude to the guy just because I don’t want him to bother me. Especially if I know he is a good person I would feel bad... Unless he is a creep that totally disgust me. Lol She did the right thing of not confronting him at first but trying to avoid him but QYH got more cheeky and found ways to meet her. :w00t: So she had no choice but to break it to him at the temple but that was not good enough. 

I believe it is in her nature to pay back kindness whatever it is because that’s what she learned from her mother. When her mom told her to give GTY the knee pads I think is example of it? But, QYH doesn’t know a thing about her and her past that is why her repayment of gift feels like she is expecting more from him. :w00t:

Just as like and love is a strong word so is don’t like and hate. She can’t say these strong words to him because he is not a bad person. I can’t explain it well but I don’t think she intentionally wanted to lead him on that’s why she hid the knee pad and when he caught her she kept denying it was from her. But I agree she should’ve not made the knee pad for him in the first place even if she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. That’s why she seems ashamed when her granny reminded her not to get tangled with him yet she did something she shouldn’t have.

After watching ep 19/20 with subs...really feel sorry for GTY;when his father died Im already into it, my tears almost dropping;but with stepmoms words,added by the annoying brod. My tears literarry backed off:tounge_xd: Im just so frustrated with her;my blood is boiling while watching that scence:naughty:...and that useless brother; why isnt he the one to cough blood and died since he keeps on coughing:naughty:...

And to maniang; she should be added to the lin courtyard since they all get along in terms of acting pitifullness...as if she cared about the twins...once a gold digger will always be a gold digger will do everything/any evil scemes from tooth to tooth.....cant wait for her ending....but as of now; Im just going to prepare myself for more of her evilness...I know..theres more...

1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Hmm I don’t see the difference in our time. I guess it depends on the individual. If I were in Minglan situation I wouldn’t be rude to the guy just because I don’t want him to bother me. Especially if I know he is a good person I would feel bad... Unless he is a creep that totally disgust me. Lol She did the right thing of not confronting him at first but trying to avoid him but QYH got more cheeky and found ways to meet her. :w00t: So she had no choice but to break it to him at the temple but that was not good enough. 

I believe it is in her nature to pay back kindness whatever it is because that’s what she learned from her mother. When her mom told her to give GTY the knee pads I think is example of it? But, QYH doesn’t know a thing about her and her past that is why her repayment of gift feels like she is expecting more from him. :w00t:

Just as like and love is a strong word so is don’t like and hate. She can’t say these strong words to him because he is not a bad person. I can’t explain it well but I don’t think she intentionally wanted to lead him on that’s why she hid the knee pad and when he caught her she kept denying it was from her. But I agree she should’ve not made the knee pad for him in the first place even if she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. That’s why she seems ashamed when her granny reminded her not to get tangled with him yet she did something she shouldn’t have.

I guess leading is a tad too strong, might be better to say giving hope? Maybe ML too deep down still have a shimmer of hope of a miracle that they could go against all odds. I just think that seeing what she’s capable of (scheming against both da niang and concubine lin, and totally defeated manniang) if she dead set on rejecting QH, QH might be already drinking and drowning his sorrow somewhere LOL 

I’m just mad at how good ZYL is at potraying love fool QH, he makes me want to yell at ML to just lie to him and say I like someone else!!! Leave me alone!!  :w00t:

58 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

does any one Know 

Hide contents

question: in ep 21 who was it that GTY rescued in the forest? Just wondering if this is the start of his connection to the royal family?? 

Spoiler

I think someone here mentioned army generals?

2 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

Hide contents

I think someone here mentioned army generals?

I have to say that after GTY and ML scenes together, I am getting impatient of seeing them together more.

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

does any one Know 

Hide contents

question: in ep 21 who was it that GTY rescued in the forest? Just wondering if this is the start of his connection to the royal family?? 

Spoiler

The guy saved by GTY is the next emperor. Of course nobody knows at that time. The current emperor has no kids and too old to have another one, therefore he has to chose one from his relatives to be his adopted son and the heir. So ambitious members from the royal families are scheming on getting rid of their rivals. At old times, not so direct royal families were not allowed to stay in the capital. Some remote family lines have to even work on their own for living, like this General Zhao serving as a low rank officer in the army. Nobody think about that he will be the one laughing in the end even himself. GTY enlisted in the army and will be his right hand man soon, helping him up to the throne. Yes, GTY will be back to the capital with the favor of the new emperor and fames. hahaha. I can’t wait to see the faces of his family. 

I am glad that ratings are going up bc honestly this is a good drama. It has been a while since I saw a historical drama that I liked besides xianxias. 

All actors are doing such a good job. I was super impressed by FSF in episode 20. Everyone's acting feels so real and raw. A few things that make the acting more real for me is their actual voice and the natural lighting. I saw a review saying that they didnt like that they used natural candle light to film it but I think it really adds to the realism. That scene between GTY and Manniang in episode 20 was super good. The hurt was palpable. And you could see the wheels turning on her head. 

4 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

ZLY/Minglan looks so cute with bangs. :lol:

FSF/GTY should keep the facial hair. 

I think concubine Lin is worst than manniang for right now. Yes, Manniang is a gold digger and a liar and her using her kids as a pawn is no different from all the other families. But Concubine Lin is a two faced, gold digger, liar, murderer, manipulating psycho. I can’t stand her and her daughter Molan. She doesn’t really care about her kids either she just uses them to elevate herself... I can see why Big Madam wants to get rid of her and hates her to the bones. LOL Right now GTY step mom, Concubine Lin, Molan is most annoying.

ML father is quite annoying to me as well he lacks power to do anything in the house and falls for Lin's scheme's 24/7 and mistreats big madam.

3 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

I dont think anyone thinks shes deliberately leading him on shes obviously doing it unintentionally because shes not that type of person. 

They are both at fault but its more so QH not understanding ML properly but is that his fault , not many people understand ML only second brother and GTY.

Rather then leading him on maybe its giving him hope , shes clever she can stamp this out when he first showed signs of interest but she cant. 

13 minutes ago, Loretto said:

Just now watching episode 21:

Sheng Chang Bai is the sweetest friend in the world! 

I wish we got to see more of Chang Bai i really like his character.

24 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I am glad that ratings are going up bc honestly this is a good drama. It has been a while since I saw a historical drama that I liked besides xianxias. 

All actors are doing such a good job. I was super impressed by FSF in episode 20. Everyone's acting feels so real and raw. A few things that make the acting more real for me is their actual voice and the natural lighting. I saw a review saying that they didnt like that they used natural candle light to film it but I think it really adds to the realism. That scene between GTY and Manniang in episode 20 was super good. The hurt was palpable. And you could see the wheels turning on her head. 

yup.FSF acting is really great. i really love his acting .he never fails to impress me in all of his dramas.great actor indeed:wub:.

about the lighting i really wonder why he uses only candles to be the official light in most of the scenes.i thinks sometimes their faces always seems dark:lol:.first time to watch this kind of feeling:sweatingbullets:

28 minutes ago, danatepe said:

yup.FSF acting is really great. i really love his acting .he never fails to impress me in all of his dramas.great actor indeed:wub:.

about the lighting i really wonder why he uses only candles to be the official light in most of the scenes.i thinks sometimes their faces always seems dark:lol:.first time to watch this kind of feeling:sweatingbullets:

its more realism which im a fan off to much lighting does not fit this era at all it was quite dark.

9 hours ago, dito said:

Actually QH's mom did consider ML sometime later. Qi family's situation became a bit precarious during the power struggle between the 2 princes. One of the prince led a military coup and was defeated. Every official, family, or person connected to him were killed off or came under scrutiny. Qi family was somewhat indirectly connected to him...I think the princess who came to the Polo match was connected to the prince and they were trying to make a match between her and QH...or they were already married....I can't remember.

QH's dad talked about their situation with his mom told her maybe we should think about that Sheng girl. QH's mom replied we can't anymore. Sheng family have already chosen someone. He Hongwen was in the picture by then. 

Another reason she refused was Sheng family had been steadily rising in status. Even Wang family, Da Niang's family had gained more power with the turn of events. So they might not accept due to the risky position of Qi family.   

Spoiler

Actually in the book after QH's first wife dies, his mother accepts his request and goes to the Sheng family to propose a marriage but Madame Liang is already there also asking ML family to marry her off to her son, so Qi mother is too embarrassed to open her mouth. QH is left devastated (again).

I watched the previews for tomorrow and ML is finally ready to give up QH. It seems instead of doing it for herself she's going to give up for him. This is noble idiocy....and its actually noble this time...but smh. His family situation seems to be under some threat which will be resolved if he gets married to someone.

They also find out from gossip that QH and his mom have been fighting for months and he stopped eating and going out and has locked himself inside.  

Anyways, I'd have preferred ML taking this decision for her own good rather than doing it for someone else'e good. Someone who is actually behaving exactly like a spoiled little kid who's favorite toy has been taken away....Lol...I'm sorry but when I read what QH was doing I couldn't stop my laugh....he reminded me of my 9 year old nephew.:lol:

22 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:
  Hide contents

Actually in the book after QH's first wife dies, his mother accepts his request and goes to the Sheng family to propose a marriage but Madame Liang is already there also asking ML family to marry her off to her son, so Qi mother is too embarrassed to open her mouth. QH is left devastated (again).

Thanks...I don't remember this. I was skipping a lot around then. Was it after they came back after the revolt or something...

I remember a scene where Lady Liang gave ML a fur coat or something made of fur because she liked ML a lot and Molan, who was trying for Liang sixth son got angry and beat up ML. ML was saved by Da niang and Hai shi...chengbai's wife...who was a badass after that scene.

24 minutes ago, dito said:

I watched the previews for tomorrow and ML is finally ready to give up QH. It seems instead of doing it for herself she's going to give up for him. This is noble idiocy....and its actually noble this time...but smh. His family situation seems to be under some threat which will be resolved if he gets married to someone.

They also find out from gossip that QH and his mom have been fighting for months and he stopped eating and going out and has locked himself inside.  

Anyways, I'd have preferred ML taking this decision for her own good rather than doing it for someone else'e good. Someone who is actually behaving exactly like a spoiled little kid who's favorite toy has been taken away....Lol...I'm sorry but when I read what QH was doing I couldn't stop my laugh....he reminded me of my 9 year old nephew.:lol:

I think that’s the problem I have with his character. Yes, it’s a product of how he was raised but it’s too much making really glad that he doesn’t end up with ML. But once again this story really give a stark contrast between the two characters on how each currently handles the disappointments in their lives. It’s just like grandma’s words about living a sheltered life again. Hopefully after this, we see QH’s character growth. It also seems from the trailers that they added some interactions between QH and GTY in regards to pursuing ML that’s not in the novel. 

Archived