[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

I don't think that minglan had done anything to warrant deep impression on qh that minglan want to marry him, except gifting him the kneepad. But after that she avoid him, refuted his claim that she loved and urge him not to seek her again and again. So, it was unwarranted if minglan was accused as leading him on. The last part where minglan received the gift from qh (the doll) was considered a parting gift. Beside they were brother and sister already (qh's mom was very genius). Old ginger was very spicy. 

• Like 6

@leeza77 When GTY and her were arguing and he ridiculed her for leading QH on and having him like a kite I was angered by GTY. It proves what Minglan told QYH that when it comes down to it, QH in everyone’s eyes would be a romantic man while she will be a tramp! 

Havent watch the parting gift yet but that’ll be a wake up call for QYH. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

@leeza77 When GTY and her were arguing and he ridiculed her for leading QH on and having him like a kite I was angered by GTY. It proves what Minglan told QYH that when it comes down to it, QH in everyone’s eyes would be a romantic man while she will be a tramp! 

Havent watch the parting gift yet but that’ll be a wake up call for QYH. 

Ep 21 & 22 raw is available on YouTube but won’t be available on Viki until past midnight probably and subbed tomorrow at the rate that the team has been subbing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, m0us3y said:

@ForgottenSoulx I wouldn't disagree that he's sheltered. But part of me felt that he's simply too arrogant. The arrogance to believe that he could have anything. 

He has seen, and in fact, shown that he understood that ML is in awkward position with the Sheng Family, which is why he did say that she simply couldn't speak up within the family. 

He also acknowledged that ML is a clever cookie. So when the clever cookie said that there's too big a hurdle and it's too high a mountain to climb, should he not at least figure out what she meant? 

Also didn't GTY told him that he's too idealistic? 

If he had only listened to what others have been trying to tell him. 

And I don't necessarily agree that he doesn't know how his mom's operates. 

Everyone could see how everyone is really precarious around the mom, and that includes himself. 

We have seen both ML and GTY growing up too quickly, stripped off the luxury of having a problem free childhood. Perhaps it's time for QH to grow up too...

I respect his feelings for ML, but I disagree with his ways of handling the whole situation...unfortunately. 

His arrogance comes from his sheltered life style and being the son of a princess sons can be blind to parents evil way's look at GTY and his step mum. He is just to blindly in love and think's his mother will give him what he wants. 

3 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

Where are you guys watching the episodes in advance because viki is only up to episode 18? Unless it is raw from yt. 

Im kind of disappointed viki uploads the drama in poor video quality despite being a viki pass. >_< There is a subbed version on yt but it’s slower than viki but it’s in 1080hd so you can really see the beauty of the film. 

yet that is the ver i watch cause it gets rid of chinese subs as well .

Pretty sure those are viki subs though.

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Its bc they changed how they count views so now it is harder for everyone to get that much. I think Yanxi has the highest views this year probably close to 20 billions all on iqiyi.

iQiyi or w/e only reports some drama's right? they reported Yanxi but not other's/ 

Its really confusing cause some people say IQIYI or w/e is not counted but they report rating's? Do they only do it for their own shows? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

For Yanxi she did have him in her heart right until the end it was just not as strong as the emperors love. 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

I don't think that minglan had done anything to warrant deep impression on qh that minglan want to marry him, except gifting him the kneepad. But after that she avoid him, refuted his claim that she loved and urge him not to seek her again and again. So, it was unwarranted if minglan was accused as leading him on. The last part where minglan received the gift from qh (the doll) was considered a parting gift. Beside they were brother and sister already (qh's mom was very genius). Old ginger was very spicy. 

Actually when he asked if QH was in her heart she did not answer which basically gave QH the go signal. 

• Like 3

In regards to GT'Y,  from my understanding he was not disowned by the Gu family after the death of his father. So once the elder brother passed on, he will inherit the title of Marquis, is it correct?  

Did GTY ever take revenge on the stepmother for backstabbing him?

I thought GTY has a lot of $$ from his maternal inheritance.  What happened to the salt biz from his grandfather side?

QH & ML are young puppies in love. QH keeps feeding ML hopes even though she knows it us not possible but when one is in love, everything seems possible even though one knows it is not. She has cried and put an end to it, but QH kept declaring his undying love to her and even told her he will ask for her had in marriage again once she is back in town. And that he only wants her as his wife and no one else. I truly believe he sincerely loves her to the end. In his heart, no one can replace her. This is actually very sad. 

ML''s maid is not helping too when she kept saying to ML that QH die die only wants to marry ML and that he will propose to her again. And then say let's believe QH once more - his last chance.

I love the acting of QH & ML- excellent portray of emotions through their eyes and body language.  We viewers can see how happy QH is when he saw ML and how happy ML was when she saw him but she has to keep herself in check. When he declared to her that she is the only one in his heart and how he longs for her ... and in his heart and eyes, she is his only wife for life. How both yearn for each other. ML tried hard to reject him and put him off but it's hard when her heart sings for him and when he serenade all those sweet yearns, how can she resist? She was so happy when QH adamantly told her he will send wedding gifts to her house for her again. She tried to hide but she couldn't, she smiled with happiness but quickly squash it down. So we see, no matter how we reject with our mouth, our body language betray us on how we truly feels. 

I feel that QH mom will marry him off with some higher rank lady before ML comes back from her trip. We will then see a very despirited QH as he will feel that he had given ML empty promises and us not man of his words. 

• Like 5

I really like this drama, the story is so realistic that can apply to real life (not a cinderella story when the maid gets the prince easily living in lala land) and the cast is perfect (can't imagine if ZYL swap role with FSF, ZYL suits as a gentle person and FSF as a rough and rebellious one). Daylight and Zhang Kaizhou done a beautiful job ♡

• Like 4

I note everytime wht QH said to minglan when meeting her, makes minglan in an awkward position knowing she is only a concubine daughther, she cant openly say harsh words to the Young Master lol. Here I felt QH is a bit selfish not respecting & weighing the truth of how minglan position be. Wish he wakes up from his dream & face the reality

Just done epi 19... its really sad for GTY... i think his stepmom is also not a good person too, her sweet talk was just a coverage to her evil doing. As for GTY, hope he quickly wake up & be strong to solve & clean up on those bad people who has been creating trouble & staining his name.

• Like 5

I saw funny thing somewhere from the net, people said second brother (WRJ) looks the same like second uncle (FSF) so it makes them confused why this person's name always changing (they dont realise that they are 2 different person) :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@ditoHaven't watched the latest episodes, but I really don't see how she lead him on other than the knee pads. In the temple, she has already told him as clear as possible: "Do not seek me out, do not look for me, if you see me, don't talk to me, if U need to talk to me, go tell my bro to pass the msg".

How much clearer does she needs to be?

She does like him, which is why she hasn't said that she doesn't like him or doesn't care for him, as I don't think she wants to lie. But she has asked him to stop doing whatever he's doing..

And like @cherubstomato mentioned, while QH could go on his own way doing whatever he feels like, ML is the one that has to pay the price. 

I think @mrsyooknit hit the nail in the head. He's out of touch and unrealistic. And even when she has spell it out for him, he doesn't seem to understand the repercussions of his actions. Not to him, but to her. 

@ForgottenSoulx I think she just didn't wanna lie to him and said she doesn't like him. Because she does. But she has also told him more than once why it's just unrealistic and not feasible. Having feelings for someone isn't the end game. In fact, in their lives, it's not even a primary concern. 

• Like 7

Please just tell me GTY brother and step mother get punished these dogs. 

1 minute ago, m0us3y said:

@ditoHaven't watched the latest episodes, but I really don't see how she lead him on other than the knee pads. In the temple, she has already told him as clear as possible: "Do not seek me out, do not look for me, if you see me, don't talk to me, if U need to talk to me, go tell my bro to pass the msg".

How much clearer does she needs to be?

She does like him, which is why she hasn't said that she doesn't like him or doesn't care for him, as I don't think she wants to lie. But she has asked him to stop doing whatever he's doing..

And like @cherubstomato mentioned, while QH could go on his own way doing whatever he feels like, ML is the one that has to pay the price. 

I think @mrsyooknit hit the nail in the head. He's out of touch and unrealistic. And even when she has spell it out for him, he doesn't seem to understand the repercussions of his actions. Not to him, but to her. 

@ForgottenSoulx I think she just didn't wanna lie to him and said she doesn't like him. Because she does. But she has also told him more than once why it's just unrealistic and not feasible. Having feelings for someone isn't the end game. In fact, in their lives, it's not even a primary concern. 

If you know you cant be with someone and they ask do you have feeling's for me and answer nothing then you clearly leading them on. 

• Like 3

Last few episodes, all the leads facing so much trouble :tears: 

A question for the book readers...

Spoiler

In the drama, QH's mother uses the pearls to have ML become QH's 'sister' thus rejecting any prospect of a marriage between the two. I know in the book, she also does this but when both ML and QH are much younger. So how does QH's mother prevent QH later in the book when QH and ML are older? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lilkat75 said:

Last few episodes, all the leads facing so much trouble :tears: 

A question for the book readers...

Hide contents

In the drama, QH's mother uses the pearls to have ML become QH's 'sister' thus rejecting any prospect of a marriage between the two. I know in the book, she also does this but when both ML and QH are much younger. So how does QH's mother prevent QH later in the book when QH and ML are older? 

Spoiler

I think by then ML has already moved on to GTY but i could be wrong. I bet his mother really regret's it later on if only she let him marry ML . 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Please just tell me GTY brother and step mother get punished these dogs. 

If you know you cant be with someone and they ask do you have feeling's for me and answer nothing then you clearly leading them on. 

I think ML do have deep feeling for QH, she just can't say anything since any anwers will be untrue (say no but she do like him, say yes but she know it'll never happen) so she just keep her feeling to herself :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 5

Finished watching episode 19-20

phewww don’t mess with a mans money haha! One thing led to another and the root cause was Manniang. Her character is just as annoying as Mantou in legend of Dugu played by same actress and she will last for long time and won’t meet her demised yet. Ugh! After all she will have other kids with GTY as someone mentioned. Her stunt running away will make GTY realize the kids needs their mother and he was stupid to tell her about his assets despite momo telling him not to! FACE PALM. Now she will cling on him forever. LOL 

Minglan sending GTY some cakes and porridge was thoughtful of her if she would’ve done the same to QYH he would’ve been barking at her door asking for her babies. Lol

I don’t remember QYH asking Minglan if she had feelings for her but if she did and remained quiet I can see why. It’s a delicate subject either answer will still have a bitter end. I take it as Minglan wants QYH to make the decision himself since he is the one proclaiming his love to her. She doesn’t want to be the decision maker for him and be responsible for anything that might happen to him. She already told him to distance himself it doesn’t matter now whether she does or don’t have feelings for him... He really likes to torture himself? So it’s best to not say anything at all. There’s some things in life that it’s better to not know the answer to. Just as how GTY was obsessed to know if his father ever loved him and his mother. That’s why they say being too smart can cause trouble to a person. When it gets to difficult it’s better to leave things as it is. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think by then ML has already moved on to GTY but i could be wrong. I bet his mother really regret's it later on if only she let him marry ML . 

Spoiler

To be honest, I think QH’s mom won’t regret it because it doesn’t matter about ML’s abilities if the opportunity isn’t there and within QH’s household, she wouldn’t have that opportunity.  Even though QH’s household currently has high standing, the imperial court is in limbo and in order for them to keep their standing, they need QH to marry someone that comes from a similar or more powerful family. If ML was the daughter of a royal concubine with a powerful father, QH’s mother would probably overlook the concubine born status because of the connection. By the time all of them start getting married, I think the royal faction that QH’s family supports looses power so they really needed his wife to be from a powerful family. 

If we think about it, the only reason why she will have the opportunity to be a leader among women later is because of becoming GTY’s wife, the wife of a powerful general. GTY’s stepmom at that point doesn’t have any hold over him since he knows her true colors (stepmom can only employ tricks that don’t work until the attempted murder) and GTY/ML have their own separate household granted by the emperor. If she had ended up with Doc He, she would just be a normal wife running a simple household. If she married QH, there would really be resentment and more inner court squabbles like Grandma said because her family’s standing is not powerful enough and unlike QTY, QH is not the head of the household so his parents, mainly mom, has the power. QH’s mom would probably push concubines into their relationship if she couldn’t provide kids right away and neither can really fight it if they want to be virtuous and filial. The mother-in-law using concubines to manipulates their son’s marriage is a very common palace trick. In the novel, it took our main couple  a year I think to get prego, and apparently GTY and her got along very well in that department. When his stepmom and Aunt try to push a concubine on ML to provide an heir, GTY put a stop to it since he could care less about the Gu’s opinions. QH wouldn’t be able to go against his mother like that because of being filial and being the only son. 

• Like 8