[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

8 hours ago, hello210 said:

I think she would have all three men in the putty of her hands if she wanted. The Doc is mild mannered, QH is beyond infatuated, and GTY is actually very loving too. Being the main wife or favored concubine makes you a target. And also in the case of QH, anyone that comes between Princess mama and her boy’s potential can be a target. The lessons she learns would help her manage the politics of a large household.

Yes ML is basically a gem, especially considering how catty and full of evil tricks most of the noble women in that era are

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Can someone explain why Ming Lan calls GTY second uncle? I’m confused since as far as I can tell they are not related. Maybe very distantly?( But that would be really icky).

He’s a second uncle to QH in terms of family generation, so everyone also calls him that way (the sheng girls, started by molan who wanted to put a generational distance with GTY as she deems him unworthy and scared of attracting him)

Spoiler

Tonight episodes very sad and happy. Sad for GTY who lost his father. Happy that he realized the stepmother manniang were evil women. Tomorrow night another interesting episodes. QH's mother was very cunning woman. He put a block to QH's love permanently. QH cried. Ohh.. Ershu saved minglan for the 2nd time. 

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tonight episodes very sad and happy. Sad for GTY who lost his father. Happy that he realized the stepmother manniang were evil women. Tomorrow night another interesting episodes. QH's mother was very cunning woman. He put a block to QH's love permanently. QH cried. 

Thought she agreed to sent marriage match maker with wedding gifts to ML house? And QH was super hapoy

2 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Thought she agreed to sent marriage match maker with wedding gifts to ML house? And QH was super hapoy

Spoiler

Not wedding gift but a gift as a brother to sister. Keke to meme (brother to sister) . So QH and minglan were a brother and sister.. Very cunning. Pity QH. U can see his surprise face. He's going to cry

8 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Tonight episodes very sad and happy. Sad for GTY who lost his father. Happy that he realized the stepmother manniang were evil women. Tomorrow night another interesting episodes. QH's mother was very cunning woman. He put a block to QH's love permanently. QH cried. Ohh.. Ershu saved minglan for the 2nd time. 

It seems the episodes are fast-paced now. 

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not wedding gift but a gift as a brother to sister. Keke to meme (brother to sister) . So QH and minglan were a brother and sister.. Very cunning. Pity QH. U can see his surprise face. He's going to cry

I cry for him too. His mom is too horrible for a MIL. Hé can never marry a none he loves ... only those girls his mom deem fit. So sad. If only the mom is open, she would love ML and see all her good qualities and ML has so much to offer to the household and QH. ML would literally help QH to further his career.

4 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sure GTY will be more matured & strong after his father died. Good to hear he realised MN's evil attitide.

Poor QH. His mom not just cunning but a non-negotiable woman. Even QH's father was been controlled by her.

11 minutes ago, minoku2209 said:

Sure GTY will be more matured & strong after his father died. Good to hear he realised MN's evil attitide.

Poor QH. His mom not just cunning but a non-negotiable woman. Even QH's father was been controlled by her.

Spoiler

So matured with beard. Like an old man. Ha ha. QH mom was evil. He gave hope to QH and crushed it mercilessly. QH was so awkward and stuttering when talking to Minglan. Her status changed from wife to be sister in the blink of eye. 

2 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Yayyy for the ratings!! UP UP UP WE GO!!!

:love:

ok you know what.. I’ve been a loyal GTYxML shipper since day one.. but gdi ZYL is very good... I’m wavering.. but then the spoilers pretty much end my budding ship real fast from 100 to 0 LOL

Hi @nichiwoohee   What is gdi????

Hello everyone 

I wonder will the drama and novel for GTY’s romance with ML be exact. SPOILERYYYYY BEWARE  . 

Spoiler

I don’t think it will be. They introduced GTY to ML very early on in the drama.  Was GTY saving ML on the ship just like in the novel???  I heard the polo match wasn’t in the novel either. My curiosity is peeked now and was thinking that it would be better if GTY doesn’t trick her into marrying him at all.  In episode 18 episode we saw ML’s mom stitching in GTY’s hand and he remembered the past.  Ming Lan also made him soup because of the news that his father died. 

Questions for everyone who has seen episode 19-20??

I will be honest , I FFw some scenes.

I got the feeling GTY’s father finally felt for his son painbut had to spit blood ????

The WiFE Murdered him by refusing to let him get help from a doctor. Did I see right TSOML Fans?????

I am dying to know what he whispered to his stepmom????

Even his brother was  in on murdering his own father. Am I right on that too???

That is so sad.  cry-cute-cat-emoticon.gif I wished they let us see him die??? Did he say something. What do you guys think????? So many questions 

I am loving this drama and have been waiting and I am glad because I lost interest for ZLY OGT drama because of the too many lovelines I wasn’t interested in. Lol At least in this story everything and each character has its purpose. The only thing I was going crazy about for a minute was, prior to watching TSOML the drama I had finished very quickly due to many FF was Legend of DUGU, there is a character there name Man Tou whom I have dubbed as my 2018 number one most annoying detestable female antigonist and was reason for the many fast forwards. LOL And to my surprise the same actress is playing as Man Niang.... :w00t: haha at least her character is not as annoying as Man tou so I can forgive and forget. 

As for whoever ML end up with we already know, doesn’t matter to me because I’m glad the drama is not all about love triangles and each man has their time to shine respectively. I’m more interested about Minglan triumphs and showing her true self and how they will become a power couple.

I’m not really surprised though that the drama is not as big as her Princess Agents but it’s unfortunate as I think it’s way better directed and I like it way way more.

No tom and jerry in the latest eps..a.k.a Molan/Rulan:tounge_xd: Rulan bickering with molan is my everyday vitamin..reminds me when I was teen also fighting with my big sis:D...

so glad that ML is now  out of her shell, not totally though,,but almost there:Dthough not understand a thing in ep 18, I salute her for handling the situation well with  that, maniang girl,,,( everytime I see maning face, reminds me of yang zi's face:rolleyes:).

Happy for the rating,,,lets all pray that it will go up up and up for the fw.eps.

Btw Im holding up and trying hard myself not to read the spoilers on the discussion I hope I will last long and survive:tounge_xd:...

Archived