[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

5 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Minglan gives him a pair of knee pad and he takes it as a sign that minglan likes him. 

IKR!!!!  He lost his head , he really believes now she likes him. Since Ming Lan is so careful, I can’t determine what kind of feelings she has for him. Sheng Second Brother likes Ming Lang and showed his father he knew Ming Lang better than their father ever could. He wasn’t shamed in the least that his son new his sister better than him. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Wotad said:

This family tree does not have Sheng Wei maybe this was a early one ,i liked the story around Sheng Wei though so good if its added.

@Wotad   Wow! There are so many characters in the family tree.  The pictures are not very clear and small and the names are in Chinese.
I found myself kind of confused looking at this family tree.... 

Do Lin CB and Big Madame like Minglan? ( Arrow heads point toward her)
Who are the 3 people at the bottom of the tree?
There are so many arrows pointing toward GTY  ( showing favorable relationship ). Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy in public's eyes?

SOS!  If you (or anyone) could help clarify my confusion, I would really appreciate it. 
Thank you so much.

7 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

@Wotad   Wow! There are so many characters in the family tree.  The pictures are not very clear and small and the names are in Chinese.

There are so many arrows pointing toward GTY  ( showing favorable relationship ). Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy in public's eyes?

SOS!  If you (or anyone) could help clarify my confusion, I would really appreciate it. 
Thank you so much.

The arrows are to show relationships. Not whether the characters like another or not. The 3 persons related to gty are the father, evil stepmother and the ill but villain older brother. He spread mallicious rumours about gty resulting gty to fail imperial exam {gty suppose to earn 3rd place in the exam}. 

The Story of MingLan China Drama

45 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

Thank you so much.

@dancingbee    I think This is a family correlation chart , All the arrows pointing to GYT  is to show family ties to him,  First you have the younger GTY, then his Nanny,  his potential Concubine/Main wife, His father, his step mom, his older brother, 

Since I can't read what each relationship stand for  I am going to gues??? QH - school mate, 

Sheng Chang Feng - - >  Literature rival, Sheng Chang Bai - -> best Friends, Ming Lan  wife and lover, 

This is the best I can do 

@leeza77  You beat me to it.   :D:D   

Only check this out if you have seen episode 14..... lol lol lol 

Spoiler

OMG!!!   Wang Shi really loves her husband... She tried to get justice for her poor husband ( I think that is what she doing) but look at what happens after CL complained about it. Funniest thing though he was very much upset with her. I think although he does want her to be disciplined he is still mad at her for the pain he had to endure due to their sons mistake ( I am dying to know what he did wrong)...

. I

Pity this woman so much, she deserves much more and need to learn to control her temper. smh smh  

1s3IUReD_18-WPJcQGmkO0LHKmqZq1djUR0t8Ptt

G0gmmwKJviC7Es72F63voADq8Yd_lxyjXE5YUmJI

8 hours ago, JoycceeDreamer said:

Anyone mind spoiling how GTY will get his heart breaken? By two girls before ML? 

I think he felt betrayed by manniang when he found out she always wanted to be his main wife....and staying by his side marriage or not was all lies. I think she also ruined a few of his potential marriages. He maybe thought it was due to his family bad mouthing him....but after Yanran's family refused him...he asked ML about it as he knew they were friends. She told him about Manniang coming with his kids to make a fuss at her friend's house. I think he also later found out Manniang lied about her brother.... her brother was not dead and he also didn't steal her money...it was all her scheme to appear pitiful and helpless to gain his sympathy.

Later his wife also betrayed him by cheating on him with his cousin, I think, when he was out of town. I think she was also pregnant, not sure if it was GTY's baby. He found out everything after his wife died. His stepmother is a total snake....she was behind the whole thing.

I read the english translation of the book and it stopped at chapter 26....I think they are re-editing the earlier chapters.

The events in chapters 25-26 are reactions of Da niang and Lin Niang after QH's mother gave some indirect and very polite hints to Da Niang to forget about QH. Don't even dream about it. No way in hell I'm going to allow my boy to be snatched up by some uncultured girl from a low officials family and become a laughingstock.:lol:  

38 minutes ago, dito said:

Later his wife also betrayed him by cheating on him with his cousin, I think, when he was out of town. I think she was also pregnant, not sure if it was GTY's baby. He found out everything after his wife died. His stepmother is a total snake....she was behind the whole thing.

waitttttt so Gu Tingy will marry another woman first before he marey Minglan? What the heck?

19 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

waitttttt so Gu Tingy will marry another woman first before he marey Minglan? What the heck?

Yes. In the book he married a woman. He didn't love her and since the beginning they didn't get along. He thought she had a good disposition and could accept Man Niang.

12 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Yes. In the book he married a woman. He didn't love her and since the beginning they didn't get along. He thought she had a good disposition and could accept Man Niang.

Oooo :/ i really hope in the drama he doesnt married that woman. Dont like how Gu Tingy got girls before Minglan but i know he really love Minglan later on too

13 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Just to be sure, when & once he started to like/court Minglan, both women are already out of the picture, right? Ok , the wife died which is why he's looking for another wife but what abt the mistress? Did she die too?

Ep 14 is so good.

The grandmother is so wise n smart. ML is also very smart. She told her servants - don't worry ... soon, many will automatically showed up at our doorstep. She is so smart at tricking concubine by saying those things to 4th sister knowing that 4th sister will carry words to Concubine.

I love how she rebutt Mo Lan (4th sister) when they go greet DaNiang (1st wife). RL (5th sister) so cute ... turned around n said to ML "Oh now then you wake up". :lol:

Can't wait for Ep 15.

ML cannot marry QH. Though he loves and treasure ML very much, he can never override his mom. So if ML marries him, she will suffer under her MIL. GTY truly understands ML intelligence sInce he already seen it when she was small. Hence he likes to egg her on n ruffles her feathers now and then. When the teacher asked her for her opinion and she refused to answer, he egg her on. QH told GTY to stop teasing her and making her in difficult situation.  GTY reply to QH was "Don't worry.  She can handle it and hold her fort." 

15 minutes ago, lxands said:

Just to be sure, when & once he started to like/court Minglan, both women are already out of the picture, right? Ok , the wife died which is why he's looking for another wife but what abt the mistress? Did she die too?

The mistress was still alive. But he found out she lied to him and manipulated him. So when he started his plan to marry Minglan, he disliked her already

8 minutes ago, lxands said:

The wife has already passed away when he started to like minglan. Whilst manniang remained as his concubine. And minglan found out, the reason why the wife was dead due to the manipulation of the evil stepmother (. He started to realize that minglan has griwn up and become a beautiful woman when he came back for his father funeral. Minglan advised to stop wandering. Then when he save minglan from bandits after that, he keep on reminscing on the encounter abd remembered a pair of wide bright eyes of minglan. At that time, he started to calculate and planned on how to marry Minglan. The custom and tradition prohibited him from marrying minglan as minglan was not born out of a main wife. Thus, he offer to marry Rulan when he knew very well that Rulan has already had a sweetheart. Thus when Rulan was caught meeting with her sweetheart, gty offer to substitute rulan with minglan. 

6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The wife has already passed away when he started to like minglan. Whilst manniang remained as his concubine. And minglan found out, the reason why the wife was dead due to the manipulation of the evil stepmother (. He started to realize that minglan has griwn up and become a beautiful woman when he came back for his father funeral. Minglan advised to stop wandering. Then when he save minglan from bandits after that, he keep on reminscing on the encounter abd remembered a pair of wide bright eyes of minglan. At that time, he started to calculate and planned on how to marry Minglan. The custom and tradition prohibited him from marrying minglan as minglan was not born out of a main wife. Thus, he offer to marry Rulan when he knew very well that Rulan has already had a sweetheart. Thus when Rulan was caught meeting with her sweetheart, gty offer to substitute rulan with minglan. 

From reading here and there i dont know how i will find their love lovely...

But saw some little clips of them and it looks pretty lovely too..but like idk how to feel about it???

Just now, bulubulu said:

From reading here and there i dont know how i will find their love lovely...

But saw some little clips of them and it looks pretty lovely too..but like idk how to feel about it???

I was worried too when I started to read the book for the same reason. However, I loved them. It was very clear he adored Minglan. And the clips are really lovely as you say so I imagine I will love them even in the drama.

It's just a different period, it was common to have other women. But he never had other women after Minglan.

3 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I was worried too when I started to read the book for the same reason. However, I loved them. It was very clear he adored Minglan. And the clips are really lovely as you say so I imagine I will love them even in the drama.

It's just a different period, it was common to have other women. But he never had other women after Minglan.

Gty adored minglan. He knew that minglan was depressed and suffering as she has to hide her true nature. He gives minglan an opportunity to be her true self. To be the leader among the womem whilst he will be the leader among the man. 

3 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Gty adored minglan. He knew that minglan was depressed and suffering as she has to hide her true nature. He gives minglan an opportunity to be her true self. To be the leader among the womem whilst he will be the leader among the man. 

Yea i know Gu Tingy truely love Minglan. I could careless about the women he had before Minglan. I still like them to be together. 

I don't seem to find any info on GTY's wife....nothing on the drama page....so maybe she's not included in the drama. I think she was erased like ML's younger brother. 

Anyways GTY did prove to be a very good and faithful husband. He never looked at other women even though few were thrown at him from ML's own family....Da Niang, I think.  

In the first 2 epis as children, GTY already knew ML's spirit, he knew she would go to the extreme in desperate situations eg. as in the case with her mom dying..

I'm actually waiting anxiously for him to start noticing her and i mean really take  NOTICE, i guess in epi 16 with the horse polo game and with his challenge and she accepted, he will start to notice or remembers her as the same kid that had challenged him?

Archived