b204ab18gy1fyh2x1o06tj20k00k00u7.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2x23wi9j20k00k0myn.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2x2grupj20k00k0jsq.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2xbaolmj20k00k075t.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2xkcgwzj20k00zk0vv.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2xrxucyj20k00k0q4c.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2y0g12bj20k00k0q4f.jpg

b204ab18gy1fyh2ymqoacj20qo1be7dv.jpg

Cool Cloud Live ratings peaked at 0.9 and the average was 0.7. The market share was a high for Hunan this year. 

699b12fdly1fyjd87oypaj20dc0nqgnd.jpg

so we will probably get CMS52 ratings of 0.5-0.6 

Also the drama and Zhao Liying have been trending top spot of weibo. I hope it is good publicity. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I am really intrigue by the title of this drama, I heard it is from a poem where 'green' is leaves and 'red' is flower so the translation is 'Do you know? Do you know? It should be more leaves and less flower." Do anyone know what is the true meaning behind this title? It sounds very in depth and I am very curious. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦
1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

Hi all, I am really intrigue by the title of this drama, I heard it is from a poem where 'green' is leaves and 'red' is flower so the translation is 'Do you know? Do you know? It should be more leaves and less flower." Do anyone know what is the true meaning behind this title? It sounds very in depth and I am very curious. 

The title is extracted from a verse of a poem 如梦令 written by a very popular poem writer - Li Qingzhao from the Song dynasty. The words are ancient Chinese and thus I am not very sure of the meaning.. 

One snippet of information is the entire poem has been used as lyrics for the theme song sang! 

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

The most accurate translation for the title (imo) is: "Do You Know? It Ought To Be a Wilting Flower Amongst The Lush Leaves"

Or "Don’t you know? The green should be plump and the red lean"

It is a line from a poem which express the idea that at the end of spring, when the flowers fall, leaves sprout; implying that the spring is gone, flower is wilted (wilting flower) as time passes but the leaves are still lush green (lush leaves). The author's idea is that s/he pity the fate of women, when time passes and life goes on (the green should be plump), the beauty of the young girl is quickly dying like flowers at the end of spring (red is lean).

2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

The most accurate translation for the title (imo) is: "Do You Know? It Ought To Be a Wilting Flower Amongst The Lush Leaves"

Or "Don’t you know? The green should be plump and the red lean"

It is a line from a poem which express the idea that at the end of spring, when the flowers fall, leaves sprout; implying that the spring is gone, flower is wilted (wilting flower) as time passes but the leaves are still lush green (lush leaves). The author's idea is that s/he pity the fate of women, when time passes and life goes on (the green should be plump), the beauty of the young girl is quickly dying like flowers at the end of spring (red is lean).

Super well said. The poem is from one of the most famous chinese poetess Li Qing Zhao (ca. 1080-1140) in Song Dynasty. She was sighing over the fate of women like gleek49 mentioned. It is a very well known and beautiful short poem.

如梦令

昨夜雨疏风骤,

浓睡不消残酒。

试问卷帘人,

却道海棠依旧。

知否?知否?

应是绿肥红瘦!

Title: Like A Dream

Last night the wind blew hard and rain was fine

Sound sleep did not dispel the aftertaste of wine

I ask the maid rolling up the scroll

’The same crap-apple tree’, she says, ‘was seen.’

’But don’t you know, don’t you know,

The red should languish and the green must grown.’

source: http://m.blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5d36aec20100jmy8.html#page=11

9 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Douban 

Ratings for the first two episodes were ~0.6 

Today should get higher ratings, average was 0.89 so I am guessing around ~0.75 for CSM52. It will take some time and positive word of mouth. 

Hoping that after leads r shown more.. We would get more ratings!! I m planning to watch all 4 episodes today raw!! 

10 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

yeah I hope so too. I think word of mouth will be key after a lot of let downs this year. 

Actually many ppl aren't much interested over family dramas.. They like wuxia stuff.. Plus this yr hasn't been grt for dramas.. I m just hoping this drama doesn't let down ZLY coz her OGT also had grt views plus ratings.. 

8 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Actually many ppl aren't much interested over family dramas.. They like wuxia stuff.. Plus this yr hasn't been grt for dramas.. I m just hoping this drama doesn't let down ZLY coz her OGT also had grt views plus ratings.. 

I think, this will do better than OGT. I think it almost has 1 billion views and that is without counting iQIYI since they are not reporting views anymore and ZLY dramas always do better in iQIYI. 

Now I do prefer xianxias. This year I am so tired of palace dramas, but I do like historical dramas so at least for me this is the perfect timing for that. 

11 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think, this will do better than OGT. I think it almost has 1 billion views and that is without counting iQIYI since they are not reporting views anymore and ZLY dramas always do better in iQIYI. 

Now I do prefer xianxias. This year I am so tired of palace dramas, but I do like historical dramas so at least for me this is the perfect timing for that. 

OGT?

13 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

Hoping soo.. I really hope it does good than other dramas this yr!! I like historical dramas with strong female leads especially with brains!! 

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

OGT?

Our Glamorous times

New stills!! 

Archived