[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

7 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Well at least Mr Kang is a real man and whack his wife!  Served her right :joy:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

OMG Chang Momo just said everything I want to say about Kang auntie. She is not even Sheng, she is Sheng inlaw. And when she dared to boss around the Gu manor :lol: Momo was like this is the Gu manor, not Kang manor. Everything here belongs to the Gu :glasses: I’m glad at least she is back to protect ML during her pregnancy. 

Oh ya, I was like wow, here's GTY and ML champion.  She is senior enough to be able to pull this through and being GTY nursemaid has given her the "power" that others like Cuiwei, Danju and Xiaotao don't.  I like the way she yelled and cursed for everyone to hear.  She is my hero here.......:joy:.  She is also one of my fav character apart from grandma.  

I love the relationship between grandma and ML.  The way ML teased her saying that "oh grandma you have grown thinner!!!! No doubt from missing me too much".  That part just melts my heart.  :heart:

22 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Well at least Mr Kang is a real man and whack his wife!  Served her right :joy:

I hope she will be flogged to death like Linniang. Now I hope she makes grave mistake that brings so much shame to the Kang family so she will be punished severely :angry:

5 hours ago, mooose said:

ML is way to empathetic. Its her big weakness. Shades of SH's blind empathy to Lin. I'm worried ML may have let a snake in the house. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

@mooose I think she did let her in the house.. Step Mom seemed all to happy about this outcome.

3 hours ago, shem1 said:

She looks like she could also be the one that was trying to get to ML and baby in that one preview where it shows a woman coming after ML when she had just given birth.

@shem1  Explain this to me, Someone went after her after birth, It could be the girl that was talking to Big Mdm at the end of episode 58 they both of similar height and weight.. She was the girl telling Big Mdm when when second master return that he'll take care of them and not to take matters to heart.. 

My thought to this who dumb child is this and just what have Mdm been telling them.. Has she's been telling them her son is the master of that manor is all her servants just blantly blind in seeing just what really going on.. It seems she got them all brainwashed.. I think ML and GTY should use her own maids to spy on her.. It would be real easy since they are responsible for there salaries.. 

3 hours ago, lolalarue said:

Damn that Concubine of the Emporer's is really trying to make him distrust GTY and wife. What's her problem. 

She's on the ED side??? How does that help her, she's married to the Emporer? 

@lolalarue  I didn't understand why she drag ML in this picture with that half azz story.. Her or the ED not know the truth as to what went on back then.. ML isn't some officer of the court and really don't meddle in court affairs.. This is the ED fanning the fires every where she can.. Who may have told QH that she'll get his revenge for him for GTY stealing in girl.. QH is gulliable enough to fall for it knowing that GTY liked ML early own.. It must be killing him inside out to know that she's with child..

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

This reminds me of the cunning ML who set up Linniang and Molan to avenge her mother without anyone knowing except for granny. ML goes into action mode when someone she cares about is threatened or in danger. Remember how she won back the pin for Yan Ran her bestfriend at the polo match and how she lit up on Manniang when she went to the Yu residence to destroy the marriage proposal of TY to Yanran which was her purpose to save Yanran from TY? When she was 8 years old, she saved the dowry of her eldest sister when she just took those arrows to beat the young TY in a tuoho game and how she ran arround, climbed the gate out of the manor to get her mother a doctor, how she fought off the pirates to get Xiaotao time to dive into the water and was the last one to get off the boat, how she calculated to save her cousin from an abusive marriage? How she had protected her husband from himself and his family? How she lit up on Molan and her father not to have Linniang's memorial tablet in the same place as her mothers? This is her baby we are talking about. ML is not about to just get her child and her family be harmed by some devious shu daughter. She will face an army of witches and make sure her baby will be safe and they will never know what hit them just like Molan and her mother never knew. If that Kang shu daughter has ugly plans for ML, I thnk she will end up being sorry she ever stepped into the Gu manor. I too am worried but am crossing my fingers  and have faith that ML will prevail. 

@zenya22  I think the answer to all of this, ML should bring GTY G/Aunt back there..It was Big Mdm that so kindly called her to bring in a concubine reasoning being that ML hasn't gotten pregnant,, Now ML is pregnant whats the purpose of bringing in another concubine when the marquis isn't there nor have he touch the concubine of G/Aunt.. She's and Elder of higher status then Big Mdm..I'm sure ML has GTY last will in her possession which she should give to G/Aunt to read since GTY already had broke it down for her already which she seem to calculate some of Big Mdms actions.. 

1 hour ago, dancingbee said:

So that wicked stepmother of GTY is planning to kill both Ming Lan's baby and her own stepson, GTY?

@dancingbee  IN order for the step mom to have everything in her control ML GTY and the baby has to die in order for her son to inherit the marquis title.. Even if GTy die fighting a war.. If ML gives birth to a male child all that GTY own including the marquis title would go to his son and Big Mdm son won't get the title.. Big Mdm knows ML will not give up the title and she'll be fighting to kill of them both in order to get it..  

Boy ML gave Big Mdm a look she can't ever forget.. When Aunt Kang told Big Mdm she needs to intervene in her household ML look at Big Mdm like Bish try it I'm waiting..  What Aunt Kang don;t seem to realize is that Big Mdm lives at the Gu house Cheng Gardens isn't the Gu house nor her or Big Mdm has the rights to come there and do as they pleased.. Big Mdm already know that from judging from her spies that went in 10 spies went in and all 10 left in a few days time all thrown out all at once..  Now Big Mdm hooking up with Aunt Kang would show the world just how evil she is which she's ready to accept her mask coming off becaue at this point she's going all in what do she has to loose considering all her hard work is in vain.. She still hasn't thought about her dumb son in all her evilness.. 

I would love it when GTY comes back and he decides to brake up those houses because she hook up with Aunt Kang to see what the 4th and 5th house do to her.. I bet they would spill the beans own her schemes so quick it would make one heads spin..    

11 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

That's why he needs stop putting himself in these situation & talk to her directly. Something he really has to work on.

Shitou & XT are indeed very cute together. 

I have not seen the latest two episodes yet, so I'm trying not to see the bottom part of your response. Its spoilers for these eyes.:crazy:

Shitou was missing all the good food :D  He was bemoaning that madame is no longer asking the kitchen for the delicious fish soup and cakes instead she is liking something that she has never liked before.  He and Xiaotao was so cute together....acting bashful.  They are excellent match since both love to eat.  I remembered seeing the earlier episode when Hualan got engaged.  ML and Xaiotao went into the room and ML took something to eat from a plate and she gave one to Xiaotao.  ML is really kind and generous.

18 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Yeahhhh.. Auntie Kang get what she deserved. 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4335361447400077

I am loving her sorry state.  I hope she will be severely punished and people know of her wicked deeds, get divorced from her husband and lose all respect from her peers.  To be humiliated beyond repair would ruin her more. That will hurt her more than just getting a few spanks.  That ending would have been too easy.  

Poor ML.  So heavily pregnant and still have to deal with those crooks left and right.  I love the way she wielded the sword.  I also love the way she took it out of her dad's hands so that his stading in the court will not be affected.  Auntie Kang has been acting outrageously.  She was lucky that her sister helped her financially but then again it became a given geste.  Like as if she is entitled because she is family.  SH's wife is indeed not very bright and easily manipulated.  I actually sympathized with her as she was not malicious.  She can be mean and at times petty protecting the interest of her own kids but she is not like totally evil.   Not little Linniang or her sister.   

@leeza77  Danning told on her own self all that sqimming she was doing in that chair.. She didn't even look upset after learning Aunt Kang gave her poision.. More like she was scared to tell where she got it from.. She should be thanking ML because she knows this wasn;t her plan to harm Granny.. Danning and those servants are seeing first hand of Granny results in raising ML.. All of them never knew she had this side to her the servant even had the gall to talk smart and got her face slap into next week.. One can all guess the others start talking and not holding anything back..

Spoiler

Now who was the other old lady ? ws aunt kang trying to frame her.. Also who was the women next to aunt kang husband.. I hope thwy don't let her walk out of that house without being punished because she'll try and kill ML after being served by a concubine daughter

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Grandma on ml's side, judging the characters of her .. I guess there should be no problem 

I do agree. I think that now that grandma knows her grandchild is pregnant and TY is away on a mission, she will be behind ML all the way, even carry her if she could. She is not without power, she also is a Marquis daughter. Granny is humble and not showy like the other aristocrats but when necessary she will carry and show her weight as the daughter of nobility. She has got connections. She was the one who got the Countess of Wu to let go of making ML her daughter in law. 

2 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

I am loving her sorry state.  I hope she will be severely punished and people know of her wicked deeds, get divorced from her husband and lose all respect from her peers.  To be humiliated beyond repair would ruin her more. That will hurt her more than just getting a few spanks.  That ending would have been too easy.  

Poor ML.  So heavily pregnant and still have to deal with those crooks left and right.  I love the way she wielded the sword.  I also love the way she took it out of her dad's hands so that his stading in the court will not be affected.  Auntie Kang has been acting outrageously.  She was lucky that her sister helped her financially but then again it became a given geste.  Like as if she is entitled because she is family.  SH's wife is indeed not very bright and easily manipulated.  I actually sympathized with her as she was not malicious.  She can be mean and at times petty protecting the interest of her own kids but she is not like totally evil.   Not little Linniang or her sister.   

There's a scene where ML is telling Da niang, what granny thinks about her after the poisoning....

ML told her she once asked granny why she choose Da niang for her father when Da niang is so narrow minded and mean. Granny told her Daniang may have a hundred things lacking but she has one thing that comes out very easily....that is she has a soft heart and she's not malicious. Even if you put a knife in her hand....she'll never ever think about taking a life with it.....

Da niang broke down after hearing that and regretted her actions and then helped ML set a trap for her sister.

But she was still stupid enough to think ML will forgive her after that. Even her own son knew his mother can not go punishment free if they wanted to have Kang Aunt punished.

Basically da niang's downfall was caused by her ignorance and stupidity.

44 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Hopefully they stick to the novel or be even harsher with Aunt Kang’s public punishment if she is the one that tries to harm ML after birth. From trailers, it looks like the twist in the drama may be that Stepmom uses Aunt Kang instead of Maniang to make ML go into labor before the fire thing. If that’s the case, hopefully the punishment is public execution instead of imprisonment (in the novel she was tried and imprisoned for the poisoning so wasn’t involved in ML labor part I think). But then again, her going to prison for life stewing over the fact that her and Kang family are publicly ruined might be good too, but don’t ever want her to have the chance to ever be freed. Never mind, she doesn’t have a conscience to reflect on, so execution if she touches ML or baby! She’s killed too many people.

I've been waiting for scheming ml to comeback for so long! Yingbao better bring out her inner chu qiao to exact revenge on the aunt kang and the whole wang family

Spoiler

The confrontation with the wang family is one of the most frustrating part of the novel for me. How can some people be so shameless :mask:

10 hours ago, leeza77 said:

:joy: Lmao. I wish I could slap her myself. Ugh I hate her. It should have been a harder slap. 

10 minutes ago, huahuacaocao said:

Could someone remind me why we haven't seen GTY for a few eps?

He accompanied the Prince on Salt inspections since none of the other Generals were able to. All part of ED’s schemes to create chaos between the Emperor and his trusted Generals. I hope that Guifei gets punished later for being a part of ED’s plots.

4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@leeza77  Danning told on her own self all that sqimming she was doing in that chair.. She didn't even look upset after learning Aunt Kang gave her poision.. More like she was scared to tell where she got it from.. She should be thanking ML because she knows this wasn;t her plan to harm Granny.. Danning and those servants are seeing first hand of Granny results in raising ML.. All of them never knew she had this side to her the servant even had the gall to talk smart and got her face slap into next week.. One can all guess the others start talking and not holding anything back..

Hide contents

Now who was the other old lady ? ws aunt kang trying to frame her.. Also who was the women next to aunt kang husband.. I hope thwy don't let her walk out of that house without being punished because she'll try and kill ML after being served by a concubine daughter

I think it was Mrs Kang's mum?  They called her to tell her about the wrong doings of her precious daughter.  The woman next to Mr Kang is his favourite concubine I believe.  So for Auntie Kang, it is a huge face slap. No doubt the Kang concubine is having a good laugh :joy:

I love ML in her fierce mode.  Not letting any stones unturned in her quest for justice.  

2 hours ago, huahuacaocao said:

Could someone remind me why we haven't seen GTY for a few eps?

He was sent to a mission.  Since General Shen and Duan have been framed and "under investigation" (house arrest ...? ) he was the only one that close enough to the emperor to be sent out.  

16 hours ago, Nisda said:

Read all the comments to my earlier post 

William Feng cannot act, not only this drama but others too,,,, 

Ice fantasy for example,,, i guess he just a lucky guy being famous and always gets main role but comparing to other lead star he just so so. As GTY in ming lan, his emotion whether angry sad or happy always like B rating, nothing special to caption attention

I am a fan of chinese drama so i have seen many dramas 

I always find that once you go down the path of stating a firm decision, others will either defend their favorite actor to death or will be a little bit confused. I think, in this case, I’m in the camp of being confused. Trolling or not that is the question? :phew:

Im confused because in my opinion you never really stated your reasons why you consider William Feng to be a B actor. You did state his emotions are stagnant I believe. But a little bit of advice you need to develop your arguments a little bit more ie. state episodes, etc. Because otherwise we can’t do a proper debate! The horror !:cold_sweat: 

Archived