[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 minute ago, leeza77 said:

She's already told him in ep 58. Gty's expression was shock silly and guffaw happily. Keep on twirling ml and anxiously asked whether she's hungry.

@leeza77  I'm aware she told him in this episode but it seems like she knew for a while before telling him

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@leeza77  I'm aware she told him in this episode but it seems like she knew for a while before telling him

It seems like she was waiting for the right time to tell him. He was just having one thing after another. Punished, then the friend got involved with some cases, etc..

I'm worried about that shu daughter from Kang. A very good actress and seems to know just which buttons to push to get what she wants. She seems very calculating. She can wound herself but not deep enough to be fatal. Her backdrop story is adequately pitiful, being threatened with her mother etc. Claims she doesn't want to be a concubine so as not to be seen as a threat. Its just a tad convinient. 

ML is way to empathetic. Its her big weakness. Shades of SH's blind empathy to Lin. I'm worried ML may have let a snake in the house. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

45 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

It seems like she was waiting for the right time to tell him. He was just having one thing after another. Punished, then the friend got involved with some cases, etc..

I guess she picked that moment because he was leaving and he wasn’t even eager. It’s sad his loyalty and gratitude since he is about to get framed.

However their conversation in bed after it was so adorable. She wanted him not get mad at her anymore, she was clearly showing her feelings more openly. After that, she even went to see him leaving and shed few tears. And he said he was out of methods with her. So yeah it is again highlighted how they love each other but have communication issues.

moose I agree about the concubine. Her story is too perfect. She might be a snake. At this point they are surrounded everywhere.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Justice is still not served well enough.. Hope someone translate that scene

This is before the poisoning. When Grandma went back after visiting ML she scolded and punished Daniang and then forbade her to meet her sister. She even went so far as to say if Daniang doesn't comply she will be sent back to her fathers house. 

Daniang's anger at this humiliation resulted in the poisoning. The reason Kang aunt's husband is so angry is that SH advised by granny informed the kangs that Sheng family will no longer be supporting/helping the kang family. Sheng's had grown in power coz of CB and SH's positions. Kang family were always trying to sort out /cover up incidents caused due to Kang aunty's nastiness. Because of this they had to ask a lot of favors from a long list of people....which then hindered their family's success.

Even her maiden family, Wangs have been trying to cover up Kang Aunts deeds all this time. Why do you think no one knows of all the dead women in the Kang household. In the book ML only found out coz she sent someone to investigate. Only then she confronted the aunt.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Question: Did ML plan to not tell GTY that she was pregnant.. It seems she's been keeping it from him.. I know she's scared of Big Mdm finding out and trying to harm her but I think she knew for a while before he found out.. This scene is baffiling to me

I too think she had been aware of her pregnancy for a while now.... when she sent back the doctor..her eating habits had changed so she knew. Also maybe she was waiting for a. the situation between her and GTY to resolve b. she was waiting for the right moment.

19 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

These two don't even get to have a breather....its one trouble after other.

I would just like to say that QH didn’t bug me until the episode where he met up with ML and dares to touch ML another man’s wife. For a character who claims to be righteous and go by the book this was the one thing that really made me dislike him. This scene showed how selfish he was, showed how highly he thinks of himself, shows again how he doesn’t care for ML’s reputation(even if she’s the one that invited him) he should have decline or At least not attempt to touch her and it shows how much he doesn’t understand and know ML. K... back to lurking mode.

OMG Chang Momo just said everything I want to say about Kang auntie. She is not even Sheng, she is Sheng inlaw. And when she dared to boss around the Gu manor :lol: Momo was like this is the Gu manor, not Kang manor. Everything here belongs to the Gu :glasses: I’m glad at least she is back to protect ML during her pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, mooose said:

I'm worried about that shu daughter from Kang. A very good actress and seems to know just which buttons to push to get what she wants. She seems very calculating. She can wound herself but not deep enough to be fatal. Her backdrop story is adequately pitiful, being threatened with her mother etc. Claims she doesn't want to be a concubine so as not to be seen as a threat. Its just a tad convinient. 

ML is way to empathetic. Its her big weakness. Shades of SH's blind empathy to Lin. I'm worried ML may have let a snake in the house. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

If they follow the book then that girl is genuine. She's really not willing to become a concubine coz her mother taught her its better to be main wife of a poor farmer rather than a concubine in a big manor. Also she's been watching her mother get mistreated by Kang Aunt all her life....I don't think she wants something similar for herself. 

1 hour ago, mooose said:

She looks like she could also be the one that was trying to get to ML and baby in that one preview where it shows a woman coming after ML when she had just given birth.

6 minutes ago, shem1 said:

She looks like she could also be the one that was trying to get to ML and baby in that one preview where it shows a woman coming after ML when she had just given birth.

That's auntie kang who try kill ml. 

2 hours ago, mooose said:

This reminds me of the cunning ML who set up Linniang and Molan to avenge her mother without anyone knowing except for granny. ML goes into action mode when someone she cares about is threatened or in danger. Remember how she won back the pin for Yan Ran her bestfriend at the polo match and how she lit up on Manniang when she went to the Yu residence to destroy the marriage proposal of TY to Yanran which was her purpose to save Yanran from TY? When she was 8 years old, she saved the dowry of her eldest sister when she just took those arrows to beat the young TY in a tuoho game and how she ran arround, climbed the gate out of the manor to get her mother a doctor, how she fought off the pirates to get Xiaotao time to dive into the water and was the last one to get off the boat, how she calculated to save her cousin from an abusive marriage? How she had protected her husband from himself and his family? How she lit up on Molan and her father not to have Linniang's memorial tablet in the same place as her mothers? This is her baby we are talking about. ML is not about to just get her child and her family be harmed by some devious shu daughter. She will face an army of witches and make sure her baby will be safe and they will never know what hit them just like Molan and her mother never knew. If that Kang shu daughter has ugly plans for ML, I thnk she will end up being sorry she ever stepped into the Gu manor. I too am worried but am crossing my fingers  and have faith that ML will prevail. 

7 hours ago, Nisda said:

Read all the comments to my earlier post 

William Feng cannot act, not only this drama but others too,,,, 

Ice fantasy for example,,, i guess he just a lucky guy being famous and always gets main role but comparing to other lead star he just so so. As GTY in ming lan, his emotion whether angry sad or happy always like B rating, nothing special to caption attention

I am a fan of chinese drama so i have seen many dramas 

Well sucks to be you that Feng Shao Feng is the MALE LEAD, best just wait for zyl fan s to make episode cuts of him in the drama.

cant act my richard simmons, most of the commenters here dont have any problem with his acting in general, only you. 

You’re not the only fan of c drama here, you talk like being a c drama fan made you an expert to judge his acting. He studied at theater major, work his way through the acting world by working from small roles. Get of your high horse, you talk like zyl is tony leung or something. 

2 hours ago, mooose said:

I saw the smile on her face when she first met ML, and I can't say I'm comfortable with her too. 

But it's a tad bit too early to tell if that smile was of relief, or devious....

I'm hoping it's the former. 

I felt ML sees part of herself in her...mistreated. 

While ML is cunning and devious to those who wronged her, she's kind, fair and just otherwise..

Just the way she treated Rong'er and Xian'er shows that much...that she doesn't treat someone well because she can benefit from them. 

Having said that, ML has shown that she's an excellent judge of character. She seemed intelligent enough to not trust her fully I would think...

If she can be threatened to commit suicide, she could also be threatened to harm her...

I just hope that woman isn't just another one of the numerous people who wants her dead...

She really could do with a few more allies....Esp when she's now pregnant and her protector GTY is away....

Could just be my wishful thinking...but we can always hope right? :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I saw the smile on her face when she first met ML, and I can't say I'm comfortable with her too. 

But it's a tad bit too early to tell if that smile was of relief, or devious....

I'm hoping it's the former. 

I felt ML sees part of herself in her...mistreated. 

While ML is cunning and devious to those who wronged her, she's kind, fair and just otherwise..

Just the way she treated Rong'er and Xian'er shows that much...that she doesn't treat someone well because she can benefit from them. 

Having said that, ML has shown that she's an excellent judge of character. She seemed intelligent enough to not trust her fully I would think...

If she can be threatened to commit suicide, she could also be threatened to harm her...

I just hope that woman isn't just another one of the numerous people who wants her dead...

She really could do with a few more allies....Esp when she's now pregnant and her protector GTY is away....

Could just be my wishful thinking...but we can always hope right? :rolleyes:

Grandma on ml's side, judging the characters of her .. I guess there should be no problem 

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I do forsee the fires scene happening here.. Big Mdm knows all her hard work is in vain if she can;t stop ML from giving birth and killing GTY. 

So that wicked stepmother of GTY is planning to kill both Ming Lan's baby and her own stepson, GTY?

8 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

So that wicked stepmother of GTY is planning to kill both Ming Lan's baby and her own stepson, GTY?

She's been wanting to get rid of GTY for a long time. That's why she sent Manniang inside the manor too. GTY said, with him dead, then stepmom would argue that Chang'er (at that time he thought Chang'er is still alive) is too young, so the marquis title will go to the third son (her real son). 

4 hours ago, dito said:

This is before the poisoning. When Grandma went back after visiting ML she scolded and punished Daniang and then forbade her to meet her sister. She even went so far as to say if Daniang doesn't comply she will be sent back to her fathers house. 

Daniang's anger at this humiliation resulted in the poisoning. The reason Kang aunt's husband is so angry is that SH advised by granny informed the kangs that Sheng family will no longer be supporting/helping the kang family. Sheng's had grown in power coz of CB and SH's positions. Kang family were always trying to sort out /cover up incidents caused due to Kang aunty's nastiness. Because of this they had to ask a lot of favors from a long list of people....which then hindered their family's success.

Even her maiden family, Wangs have been trying to cover up Kang Aunts deeds all this time. Why do you think no one knows of all the dead women in the Kang household. In the book ML only found out coz she sent someone to investigate. Only then she confronted the aunt.

Does anyone happen to know the reason why that Kang Aunt is so hateful of Ming Lang and puts so much effort into trying to harm her? 
What can she possibly benefit from getting Ming Lang to lose her baby or making that girl from her household GTY's concubine?

22 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

Does anyone happen to know the reason why that Kang Aunt is so hateful of Ming Lang and puts so much effort into trying to harm her? 
What can she possibly benefit from getting Ming Lang to lose her baby or making that girl from her household GTY's concubine?

She just hate concubine born daughters. Her husband is a womanizer and has 9-10 concubines...Aunty Kang also has been snubbed by Granny....so she hates her too.

For more see inside the spoiler @linhlinh111 shared her whole psycho history.

Spoiler

Aunti Kang short biography:

Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with their mother. Therefore, she was like their mother's precious daughter while Daniang and mother weren't very close. Aunti Kang grew up pampered by their mother and brothers to be a spoilt child. She believed she should have the best things in the world, everyone should revolve around her and she secretly looked down on her sister, considering her sister stupid and lowly. Then there were two men came to propose marriage to Wang family. Aunti Kang was the favoured one so she was allowed to choose first. Of course she chose the high status son of a Marquis, and Daniang was married off to Sheng Hong, who was just a low-level official at the time. 

Aunti Kang was very proud of her status and marriage. However, as time went by, the Marquis proved himself to be an extreme playboy. While being an useless man in his career, having no real influence in the government, he was very good at sweeping up girls and producing babies. Marquis Kang didn't care nor respect her at all. Aunti Kang had to deal with her husband's many shu children, using her own dowry to support them when they got married. She despised his concubines and shu children, treating them badly, coming up with any scheme necessary to get rid of them. Marquis Kang was also a despicable selfish man. He didn't care one bit about his women or children and pretty much just let Aunti Kang got her way. She married off most of the shu daughters to be concubines of old powerful men, sometimes in exchange for certain benefits, sometimes just to ruin them. Aunti Kang has become quite a sadistic distorted person who is jealous with anyone else's happiness. She especially hates low status people, concubines and shu children. She advises and supports her lady friends to use underhanded methods against the concubines. She holds petty grudges and will try to harm anyone who dares to oppose her (or not give a damn about her, she considers it a form of disrespect, she's a VIP).

Back to Daniang. When they were just married, Sheng Hong actually treated her well, respected her. She had quite a happy marriage. Aunti Kang was furious. She was jealous and she thought Daniang was not supposed to be better than her in any way. So she started whispering into Daniang's ears, encouraging her to interfere into SH's career. Daniang, proven to be a stupid and easy to be manipulated woman, lost SH's favor, that's when Concubine Lin came into the picture. She then encouraged Daniang to fight off CL, however, CL was also a cunning woman. Result: Daniang completely lost SH's trust and fell in power. Til then Daniang still didn't realize she should stay away from Aunti Kang. How stupid is this Daniang anyway?

Aunti Kang, although having no blood connection with Sheng family, considered herself an elder of the family and wanted everyone to respect and obey her. When Grandma told Daniang to stay away from her, she took that as an offense and kept score. She despised all shu children, especially ML, who was raised by Grandma. However, ML was married off to a Marquis-to-be general, who was a better catch than any of her own daughters could have. She was filled with rage and jealousy. She couldn't accept the fact that someone so lowly as ML will now have the same rank as her. From her POV, ML should know her place and bow down to her instead of standing so high and mighty. She hates ML and will jump at any opportunity to harm her.

And that's all the reasons behind Aunti Kang's actions. There's no logic at all in this crazy woman. She is just a malicious self-centered maniac whose only joy is to watch people suffer.

Archived