[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

22 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I think this is were the posoning of Granny comes in at because I think she step in and stop this.. Aunt thinks if Granny is out of the way ML would consent.. Aunt Kang can bring the women from the palace as they were offered before I don;t think ML will comply even if Aunt Kang tells her how she owes the family don;t make her take in one of there own as a comcubine for her husband..

They only have 16 episodes left.Will they have time to show granny's poisoning?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

Hide contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

Wahh:grin:that was really a priceless reaction of GTY's face,knowing ML is preggy:love:..congratulations you've worked hard:D...well thats a good news for them, but more problems and scheming are comming on the way,,

Stepmom, are you going to take off your masked now? You've been wearing that too long,..show your true evilness already lahh... ( Im imagining stepmom close up scene face without eyebrows, thats more suited to her.:grin:lol.)

38 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think that is it .. she wants her daughter in Gu Family was she accepted?? and i think she wants to harm Grandma because she knows what Kang is really like and is on guard/warning people.

Was the Shu daughter accepted? if so i think shes the one to try harm ML during pregnancy. 

It was only on the trailer that someone posted so we don't know yet if she was accepted.  We do know that Mme Kang left her at Gu's house so they have no choice but to keep her since ML "insulted" her.  Then we saw that the girl tried to harm herself with a knife that she had hidden in her sleeves begging ML not to send her back home.  But more than that, I think we need to see the episodes that everyone are waiting impatiently.  :smiley:

34 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@frenchfan  To  late the ED already made him out to be her puppet.. I;m wondering will it ever be told by someone in court that he's going after GTY because he lost ML to him and all his anger stems from jealous of the man that he thinks stole his one and only love.. I somehow think this would come to the ears of the ED or may have already has and this is just why she choose to use him in her struggle to maintain power in and out of the court.. 

I'm seeing moore and moore why Step Mom vicious behavior will esculate into setting that mansion on fire.. It seens at the polo match she couldn;t get people on her side as she tried to bad mouth ML.. She left without getting what she wants snd next if ML makes her Dad takes Aunt to task regarding  Gran ny thats another plan of Evil step Mom thrown out the widow before budding into anmy fruitation..  ML will become more dangerous to her because Step Mom can't figure her out or whats next to do nor anticipate ML next move.. So yes I could se her needing to kill ML to get GTY to act out like he used to..

I think  our power couple should reverse roles, This would really throw step mom off her game..

@jewelsc  You have to think about what day and age ML is living in and when it comes to the Step Mom  Vs  PP to totally different women.. The Gu house women don;t carry the status that the princess carries she would have to libe more cautiosly then ever not opening up hiding back at lot of she wants to say.. She would never ride another horse or play a polo match ever again because in PP etyes this is something a Princess DIL don;gt do or wouldn't do .. If ML married him she'll be living in a cage may as well marry a king and live inside that cage of the palace..   

I think that the dowager has a spy (spies) within th emperor's servants.  Otherwise, she would not have known so quickly.  She seemed to know a lot of things.  

2 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Wahh:grin:that was really a priceless reaction of GTY's face,knowing ML is preggy:love:..congratulations you've worked hard:D...well thats a good news for them, but more problems and scheming are comming on the way,,

Stepmom, are you going to take off your masked now? You've been wearing that too long,..show your true evilness already lahh... ( Im imagining stepmom close up scene face without eyebrows, thats more suited to her.:grin:lol.)

Yup, her position is threatened if ML gives birth to a boy.  Meaning her own son will never stand to inherite.  The fact that GTY did not marry someone whom she could control (like Big bro's wife) is a problem for her.  A biddable daughter in-law is an easy tool but someone who is strong and remain loyal to her husband is a different story.  To everyone outside, she has played the nice stepmom who supported and love her stepson for many years which is why if GTY or ML tells the truth to people, no one would believe them and they know it.  This woman has been preparing for a very long time which shows exactly how evil she is.  She uses her sister in-laws to do her dirty deeds so nothing touches her.  If any problems comes up, they would get the blame and she will get scot free. ML's patience and constantly thwarting her plans has managed to chip her mask off bit by bit......

I loved it when the ladies at the polo match were complimenting ML saying that she was nice etc etc.......LOL she looked as if she swallowed bitter sour lemon :joy:

23 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

I think that in one of the trailer there is a scene with ml heavily pregnant asking for justice and we guessed it was granny's poison. But they are really putting many things in these 16 episodes left.

I hope  we won't see GTY and ML happy only in the last five minutes of the last episode. We desrve at least an entire episode of pure happiness.

5 minutes ago, fra8 said:

I think that in one of the trailer there is a scene with ml heavily pregnant asking for justice and we guessed it was granny's poison. But they are really putting many things in these 16 episodes left.

I hope  we won't see GTY and ML happy only in the last five minutes of the last episode. We desrve at least an entire episode of pure happiness.

Yes! one peaceful episode with a break from evil plotters.Would be a nice ending.

20 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Yup, her position is threatened if ML gives birth to a boy.  Meaning her own son will never stand to inherite.  The fact that GTY did not marry someone whom she could control (like Big bro's wife) is a problem for her.  A biddable daughter in-law is an easy tool but someone who is strong and remain loyal to her husband is a different story.  To everyone outside, she has played the nice stepmom who supported and love her stepson for many years which is why if GTY or ML tells the truth to people, no one would believe them and they know it.  This woman has been preparing for a very long time which shows exactly how evil she is.  She uses her sister in-laws to do her dirty deeds so nothing touches her.  If any problems comes up, they would get the blame and she will get scot free. ML's patience and constantly thwarting her plans has managed to chip her mask off bit by bit......

I loved it when the ladies at the polo match were complimenting ML saying that she was nice etc etc.......LOL she looked as if she swallowed bitter sour lemon :joy:

I know right; Im just glad that Ml is so clever that she imd8tly find out the true colors of that evil stepmom,  how I wish GTY/ML will expose her/how evil she is infront of many people.

Aunti Kang short biography:

Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with their mother. Therefore, she was like their mother's precious daughter while Daniang and mother weren't very close. Aunti Kang grew up pampered by their mother and brothers to be a spoilt child. She believed she should have the best things in the world, everyone should revolve around her and she secretly looked down on her sister, considering her sister stupid and lowly. Then there were two men came to propose marriage to Wang family. Aunti Kang was the favoured one so she was allowed to choose first. Of course she chose the high status son of a Marquis, and Daniang was married off to Sheng Hong, who was just a low-level official at the time. 

Aunti Kang was very proud of her status and marriage. However, as time went by, the Marquis proved himself to be an extreme playboy. While being an useless man in his career, having no real influence in the government, he was very good at sweeping up girls and producing babies. Marquis Kang didn't care nor respect her at all. Aunti Kang had to deal with her husband's many shu children, using her own dowry to support them when they got married. She despised his concubines and shu children, treating them badly, coming up with any scheme necessary to get rid of them. Marquis Kang was also a despicable selfish man. He didn't care one bit about his women or children and pretty much just let Aunti Kang got her way. She married off most of the shu daughters to be concubines of old powerful men, sometimes in exchange for certain benefits, sometimes just to ruin them. Aunti Kang has become quite a sadistic distorted person who is jealous with anyone else's happiness. She especially hates low status people, concubines and shu children. She advises and supports her lady friends to use underhanded methods against the concubines. She holds petty grudges and will try to harm anyone who dares to oppose her (or not give a damn about her, she considers it a form of disrespect, she's a VIP).

Back to Daniang. When they were just married, Sheng Hong actually treated her well, respected her. She had quite a happy marriage. Aunti Kang was furious. She was jealous and she thought Daniang was not supposed to be better than her in any way. So she started whispering into Daniang's ears, encouraging her to interfere into SH's career. Daniang, proven to be a stupid and easy to be manipulated woman, lost SH's favor, that's when Concubine Lin came into the picture. She then encouraged Daniang to fight off CL, however, CL was also a cunning woman. Result: Daniang completely lost SH's trust and fell in power. Til then Daniang still didn't realize she should stay away from Aunti Kang. How stupid is this Daniang anyway?

Aunti Kang, although having no blood connection with Sheng family, considered herself an elder of the family and wanted everyone to respect and obey her. When Grandma told Daniang to stay away from her, she took that as an offense and kept score. She despised all shu children, especially ML, who was raised by Grandma. However, ML was married off to a Marquis-to-be general, who was a better catch than any of her own daughters could have. She was filled with rage and jealousy. She couldn't accept the fact that someone so lowly as ML will now have the same rank as her. From her POV, ML should know her place and bow down to her instead of standing so high and mighty. She hates ML and will jump at any opportunity to harm her.

And that's all the reasons behind Aunti Kang's actions. There's no logic at all in this crazy woman. She is just a malicious self-centered maniac whose only joy is to watch people suffer.

5 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with their mother. Therefore, she was like their mother's precious daughter while Daniang and mother weren't very close. Aunti Kang grew up pampered by their mother and brothers to be a spoilt child. She believed she should have the best things in the world, everyone should revolve around her and she secretly looked down on her sister, considering her sister stupid and lowly. Then there were two men came to propose marriage to Wang family. Aunti Kang was the favoured one so she was allowed to choose first. Of course she chose the high status son of a Marquis, and Daniang was married off to Sheng Hong, who was just a low-level official at the time. 

Aunti Kang was very proud of her status and marriage. However, as time went by, the Marquis proved himself to be an extreme playboy. While being an useless man in his career, having no real influence in the government, he was very good at sweeping up girls and producing babies. Marquis Kang didn't care nor respect her at all. Aunti Kang had to deal with her husband's many shu children, using her own dowry to support them when they got married. She despised his concubines and shu children, treating them badly, coming up with any scheme necessary to get rid of them. Marquis Kang was also a despicable selfish man. He didn't care one bit about his women or children and pretty much just let Aunti Kang got her way. She married off most of the shu daughters to be concubines of old powerful men, sometimes in exchange for certain benefits, sometimes just to ruin them. Aunti Kang has become quite a sadistic distorted person who is jealous with anyone else's happiness. She especially hates low status people, concubines and shu children. She advises and supports her lady friends to use underhanded methods against the concubines. She holds petty grudges and will try to harm anyone who dares to oppose her (or not give a damn about her, she considers it a form of disrespect, she's a VIP).

Back to Daniang. When they were just married, Sheng Hong actually treated her well, respected her. She had quite a happy marriage. Aunti Kang was furious. She was jealous and she thought Daniang was not supposed to be better than her in any way. So she started whispering into Daniang's ears, encouraging her to interfere into SH's career. Daniang, proven to be a stupid and easy to be manipulated woman, lost SH's favor, that's when Concubine Lin came into the picture. She then encouraged Daniang to fight off CL, however, CL was also a cunning woman. Result: Daniang completely lost SH's trust and fell in power. Til then Daniang still didn't realize she should stay away from Aunti Kang. How stupid is this Daniang anyway?

Aunti Kang, although having no blood connection with Sheng family, considered herself an elder of the family and wanted everyone to respect and obey her. When Grandma told Daniang to stay away from her, she took that as an offense and kept score. She despised all shu children, especially ML, who was raised by Grandma. However, ML was married off to a Marquis-to-be general, who was a better catch than any of her own daughters could have. She was filled with rage and jealousy. She couldn't accept the fact that someone so lowly as ML will now have the same rank as her. From her POV, ML should know her place and bow down to her instead of standing so high and mighty. She hates ML and will jump at any opportunity to harm her.

And that's all the reasons behind Aunti Kang's actions. There's no logic at all in this crazy woman. She is just a malicious self-centered maniac whose only joy is to watch people suffer.

God's

What a miserable and pathetic existence.

She and the step mother should get locked up in a remote prison and starve.

Or die like CL, alone and pathetic.

23 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Oh gosh what a miserable woman :angry: .. but now that I read her biography, I also have an aunt with similar character as her. Because of her miserable life and failed marriage, she just despises every single one of us who has better life than her, and then spreading bad rumours about us. But she appears like a saint on the outside, like she truly cares about us.

Now that I think about it, my aunt is a mixture of GTY's stepmom and Auntie Kang :crazy: (minus the killing part, she is mean, cunning and devious but not a murderer)

TY&QH confrontation at the Qi manor shows that TY as the better partner for ML. QH never had a chance from the get-go. QH & ML never would've make for an interesting pair since it's built on shallowness & idealization. Their scenes together consists of shortlived walks & dry conversation. There's no depth. QH is a pampered dolt. He also proves on multiple occasions that he doesn't understand ML. He's delusional. Even w/ his conversation w/ML at the bridge, hes just pitiful. In no ways QH would been able to defend/protect & care for ML at his side the way TY do. TY just exceeds in everyway.

2 hours ago, frenchfan said:

GTY is going to be a papa soon.  His reaction was so sweet.  I bet he probably was the same in real life :D 

Can you imagine yingbao using the same line ml did when telling fsf that she’s pregnant :wub:

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Trailer.. Pregnant, morning sickness, gty's dumbfounded reaction, kang auntie and stepmom strikes again.. Poor ml

Reveal hidden contents

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4334277106572653

Ml: Do not hold me so hard, I have. 

Gu Ershu : What do you have? 

Ming Lan: What else can I have!

After Gu Tingyu reacted, holding Minglan circle, happy: my heart and liver! My heart and liver!:wub:

I peeped ml ready to whack gty’s face but stopped :lol:

1 hour ago, minglan1 said:

My concern exactly, I hope they wont rush the ending. All the ruckus I made wanting the grandma’s poisoning to happen..and if the drama wont even include it.. I... :w00t:

15 hours ago, gleek49 said:

Yes, I like GTY, and I am defending him. QH irritates me to no end so I'm criticizing him. So? Other people can be biased towards QH and defend QH try to find faults in my favorite character, who I think does nothing wrong, to make QH looks good, I don't agree with it, so I'm defending him.

Oh no! I don't mean you, I mean the person you were talking to before my post, like liniah person or whatever, all their posts paint GTY as some devil, while QH as some angel. That what I mean when I said  that they  have a bias towards GTY. Omg lol sorry for the confusion.

9 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

That Auntie Kang is so annoying, why does she bother with Minglan so much when she is not even related to her. I can understand the evil stepmother or evil concubine or evil wife of ex boyfriend or evil half sister, but Auntie Kang is fully an outsider. She is not even the sister of Sheng Hong, she is the sister of Wang Ruofu. Even Wang Ruofu is not that evil towards Minglan. What is she gaining from being evil to Minglan? At least with the stepmom, it would be the Gu wealth and title. 

When GTY fifth aunt was interfering with the maids at GTY new house, Minglan indirectly told her off that she is nobody. At least she has a little shame and left after realising that she is not even her mother in law nor sister in law. Why is Auntie Kang has no shame and why is Minglan not saying anything??

So true. Like wth you think you are Kang Yima??? You're not even related to ML! Can't you like go away already :triumph: But I think...

in the novel, it was said that Kang Yima is jealous with Mdm Wang life as her life isn't as good as Mdm Wang. So probably Kang Yima wanted to disturbed ML's life with her scheme to push the concubine into GTY's harem as ML is considered to be most successful compared to her other sister? Idk...

And another point... ARGHHHH (screaming in frustration) that concubine who is trying to kill herself in order to force ML to accept her into the house is so effing annoying! :triumph:

5 hours ago, frenchfan said:

GTY is lucky to have ML as wife as she is more cautious.  Example, when Manniang resurfaced and tried to strangle Rong'Er, he got mad and would have killed Manniang in rage but ML interfered knowing that evil stepmom would be watching them 24/7.  She calmed him down and got him to see reasons and planned what they should be doing next. Always thinking ahead so whatever happens will not impact him and his place at court.  Like the ED, the emperor has a BUY-1-FREE-1 with the Gu family.   Stepmom was curious why there was no hooha as she knows well GTY's temperament and her maid told her that ML interfered.  Then when the grand aunt of GTY came to give him a concubine, ML accepted and thwarted stepmom's plan to get close to grand aunt as she was anticipating ML to refuse like she did in the past. I am pleased to see that they are such a matching couple.  

Thank you. Even in the latest episode where they teamed up to make the State General fall in love with his wife who is the daughter of the powerful Duke of Ying. I think that whole hooha with the concubine and wife of the State General at ML's banquet was somehow a scheme of the ED or she may have hoped that the Duke of Ying the father of the wife of the State General who was humiliated at the banquet will be angered and go to her side. She will be so mad when she learns that the State General has fallen for his polo galloping wife with the help of the scheming duo ML and TY. They are indeed the POWER COUPLE GTY and ML.... hail to the POWER COUPLE 

20 minutes ago, doubleicon said:

Oh no! I don't mean you, I mean the person you were talking to before my post, like liniah person or whatever, all their posts paint GTY as some devil, while QH as some angel. That what I mean when I said  that they  have a bias towards GTY. Omg lol sorry for the confusion.

Oh, so that's what you mean. Yeah, like you, I get the same impression from that person, too. Sorry, I was a bit annoyed at that moment so I jumped the gun :D 

4 minutes ago, dopez said:

So true. Like wth you think you are Kang Yima??? You're not even related to ML! Can't you like go away already :triumph: But I think...

Reveal hidden contents

in the novel, it was said that Kang Yima is jealous with Mdm Wang life as her life isn't as good as Mdm Wang. So probably Kang Yima wanted to disturbed ML's life with her scheme to push the concubine into GTY's harem as ML is considered to be most successful compared to her other sister? Idk...

And another point... ARGHHHH (screaming in frustration) that concubine who is trying to kill herself in order to force ML to accept her into the house is so effing annoying! :triumph:

I was annoyed too at first but then another clip showed the concubine crying and begging ML not to send her back. I think she is scared to death of Kang Aunt.....Kang must have made her life hell to become so desperate to get out of that house.

Archived