[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

Really who cares if  he knew QH still like her?Thats irrelevant since he threw away that change with her and marry someone else she was not going to go though any of that with him again.

She is not some consolation prize thats always going to be there waiting.GTY knew what an amazing women she was so he went to extraordinary lengths to marry her.

She was happy/angry at  what he did because no one has ever went that far for her.She knew he someone like her that she can count on and make plans with.

But what is most importantly she can be herself and he really loves that side of her.He treats her as an equal.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

If he did mean to come up with another plan then he should have just said so. He laid out an impossible plan that would bring danger to everyone including QH's family and ML, and then blaming QH for not taking it. I don't think he didn't know that there was no way QH could have taken it. He was not testing QH. He was just pushing QH more towards the hard truth of his situation in order for QH to give up. He wanted to prove that he was trying to help while he wasn't. 

The fact that QH and ML was not in a relationship after he got married, and it was QH's fault for being late in proposing to ML after the first wife's death, and if GTY wants to blame QH he can just use that. However QH was not to blame for refusing GTY's plan, but he keeps bring it up. Maybe it'd bc QH was in a position similar to GTY's father when he decided to marry his mother, that's why GTY was angry at QH for his choice, bc he still resents his father for that. GTY's late brother used to ask GTY if he would divorce ML to save his family, GTY avoided that question indicates he was not affirmed himself. He was angry cuz he was not sure if he could make a difference if he was in QH's shoes. Whatever reason it is, he shouldn't bring that up bc through all the way it was the one time that QH made the right decision and not screwed things up.

It's not GTY's fault that QH lost ML, QH has to see through that. However, GTY did go behind QH's back and GTY also has to see through that. He was not wrong for fighting for the woman he wants but then he shouldn't expect QH to be okay with him. If he was just some random guy then it would be different, QH wouldn't be that angry if ML married Dr. He. GTY was pretending to be on QH's side then BOOM stabbed him in the back. If it's not betrayal I don't know what it is.

QH was indeed at fault with ML, but he doesn't owe GTY anything. True QH was petty using his position to turn against GTY, but he didn't do anything out of his jurisdiction. GTY let his weaknesses exposed then don't blame QH for using it. After all they're rivals now.

He made up a crazy plan to see how far QH would go thats all there was to it.

I thought we have already been over this debate already but brought up again i suppose?

This QH vs GTY debate is so over talked about now. 

Anyways just had to skip some page's following this thread so hard to keep up, i think ill just read spoilers from now on. 

• LOL 5

I loved the empress in episode 54.She unlike her husband is a smart lady who recognized the intelligence of ML.Empress asked ML to help patch up the differences between her brother and his wife.Doing so  would also restore the reputation of ML which was torn to shreds by Duke of Ying's daughter.

What better way than to let the one who embarrasses you restore your honor.

Marquis Gu and Marchioness Minglan are still busy with trying to make the other understand what love means in their respective dictionary.

They can serve as a perfect case study on what are the barriers to effective communication.:lol:

The master's woes in love is soon to befall Shitou too.Xiaotao is unhappy with him and is even planning to forsake the fried cherries he gets for her.:D

Evil stepmom has found her soul sister in Aunty Kang to step up her plotting.Add ED to the mix and the evil recipe to bring down the power couple is almost ready.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

3 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

I loved the empress in episode 54.She unlike her husband is a smart lady who recognized the intelligence of ML.Empress asked ML to help patch up the differences between her brother and his wife.Doing so  would also restore the reputation of ML which was torn to shreds by the daughter of Duke of Ying.

What better way than to let the one who embarrasses you restore your honor.

Marquis Gu and Marchioness Minglan are still busy with trying to make the other understand what love means in their respective dictionary.

They can serve as a perfect case study on what are the barriers to effective communication.:lol:

The master's woes in love is soon to befall Shitou too.Xiaotao is unhappy with him and is even planning to forsake the fried cherries he gets for her.:D

Evil stepmom has found her soul sister in Aunty Kang to step up her plotting.Add ED to the mix and the evil recipe to bring down the power couple is almost ready.

So excited for what's to come.. Let the game of love and survival continue :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Let's face it. Every character in the show is flawed, one way or another. Makes them human. Makes them more relatable. 

GTY is far from a saint. Or a gentleman. 

In fact, when ML called him evil, a ruffian and a scoundrel, he didn't even rebuke her. 

Because he knows its not untrue. 

He schemed his way into marrying her. 

Man to man, bro to bro, I wouldn't disagree that he let QH down. Pretentious, playing dumb with him. But it's calculated move. 

He seems to be fully aware that QH will be angry, and it seems that he made a choice, and take the risk of losing his friendship with QH for ML. 

Whether or not he truly will help QH when he made the offer to him previously becomes irrelevant, because fact is, QH didn't choose that, we would never know. It will always be a what-if zone. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

One thing I do like about GTY. He takes responsibility when he sees his mistakes. He admits his mistakes, and try to mend his ways, and make up for it.

He does that with his children. 

He doesn't see his action as a mistake. It was a conscious choice. 

One difference between GTY and QH. 

GTY has never said he does anything for ML. 

When he schemed his way through to marry her, he said "to get you". "Determined to get you, the trouble I went to get this marriage."

When he truly does something for her, protecting her, no one needs to know, no rewards required. 

While QH claimed to do things for ML, it was never for her benefit, and she has never benefited from it. All he has done is caused her harm, and yet in his head, he believes it's for her. 

At the end of the day, It comes down to choices that each makes. 

And those choices are driven by priorities. 

Sometimes, there are no bad person, but all victims nonetheless. 

QH was a victim of his circumstances, and of his naivete. 

He has his priorities. He made his choice to let ML go. Arguably, his circumstances left him with little choice, but sometimes, until we try it, we will never know how the path will end...

GTY made his choice, to fight for her. He made her his priority over his friendship with QH. 

Whether the choices they made was good or bad, it depends on which and whose pov we take. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I thought we have already been over this debate already but brought up again i suppose?

Anyways just had to skip some page's following this thread so hard , you guys talk alot. 

It's being brought up again cuz new details keep appearing and people are disagreeing with each other and the other characters are not controversial enough. There's nothing much to debate about someone that everyone hates or loves. Otherwise this thread will just be like "Oh this person is so evil I hate her", "so do I", "This one is great I love him", "I agree", "I'm so eager to see the next episode" etc

• LOL 9

10 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

It's being brought up again cuz new details keep appearing and people are disagreeing with each other and the other characters are not controversial enough. There's nothing much to debate about someone that everyone hates or loves. Otherwise this thread will just be like "Oh this person is so evil I hate her", "so do I", "This one is great I love him", "I agree", "I'm so eager to see the next episode" etc

All ill say in regards to if GTY would have helped QH is i dont think hes a liar if he said he would help QH i think he would have.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

IMMORTALIZED :heart:......I love their wedding costumes.  I like her elaborate head dress!  Both are gorgeous and handsome!  What a matching pair.

Off topic here, does anyone knows if FSF has already a wax figure at Madame Tussaud's?  Because this is like a 3rd one for our LY.  

Yes he has one in shanghai. Just, in december last year

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Let's face it. Every character in the show is flawed, one way or another. Makes them human. Makes them more relatable. 

GTY is far from a saint. Or a gentleman. 

In fact, when ML called him evil, a ruffian and a scoundrel, he didn't even rebuke her. 

Because he knows its not untrue. 

He schemed his way into marrying her. 

Man to man, bro to bro, I wouldn't disagree that he let QH down. Pretentious, playing dumb with him. But it's calculated move. 

He seems to be fully aware that QH will be angry, and it seems that he made a choice, and take the risk of losing his friendship with QH for ML. 

Whether or not he truly will help QH when he made the offer to him previously becomes irrelevant, because fact is, QH didn't choose that, we would never know. It will always be a what-if zone. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

One thing I do like about GTY. He takes responsibility when he sees his mistakes. He admits his mistakes, and try to mend his ways, and make up for it.

He does that with his children. 

He doesn't see his action as a mistake. It was a conscious choice. 

One difference between GTY and QH. 

GTY has never said he does anything for ML. 

When he schemed his way through to marry her, he said "to get you". "Determined to get you, the trouble I went to get this marriage."

When he truly does something for her, protecting her, no one needs to know, no rewards required. 

While QH claimed to do things for ML, it was never for her benefit, and she has never benefited from it. All he has done is caused her harm, and yet in his head, he believes it's for her. 

At the end of the day, It comes down to choices that each makes. 

And those choices are driven by priorities. 

Sometimes, there are no bad person, but all victims nonetheless. 

QH was a victim of his circumstances, and of his naivete. 

He has his priorities. He made his choice to let ML go. Arguably, his circumstances left him with little choice, but sometimes, until we try it, we will never know how the path will end...

GTY made his choice, to fight for her. He made her his priority over his friendship with QH. 

Whether the choices they made was good or bad, it depends on which and whose pov we take. 

Well said.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

MN is a maniac & wicked tool. I really hope nothing happens to the son. TY hurt & angry in the spur of the moment & ML somewhat muddled in this whole ordeal makes me :unsure:. Oh these cuties.

If I can manifest myself into this show I'd beat the daylights out of TY's stepmom & aunties. TY literally helped third brother out of prison but the stepmom continues to be an ungrateful turd.

• Like 2

Looks like our GTY actually knows that, ML might know everything and be so smart but when it comes to passionate love, she is so naive at that and isn't ready for that.. He told the Shen husband that in ep 54 that, ML is just a 3 year old kid when it comes to love even though she is so smart and she understands everything. 

And ML while giving advice to the Shen big madam, she said something again that I think she should also take note of, she told her not to just hide from the outside while thinking that it's all bad, it's only when she opens herself will she know if it's happy or bitter outside... So I really hope ML should also take this advice too, she shouldn't bundle herself up with the thoughts of this is how men can change and be and deprive herself from experiencing a great love in her marital home, she should also open herself to know if it will be truly bitter or it will be full of happiness.. :bawling:.. 

I swear I was laughing when ML said 'so?' when GTY told her that he is also her Erlang and shouhuai apart from being her HouYe and Guan Ren.. She was like 'am I the only one that does not get what he means' while GTY was like 'wow I really can't believe the smart ML is this dumb at love' :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Up to Ep 54 w/Eng subs:  Aye yi yi - If I lived during this era, would be an expert in POISONS and use that to solve those pesky relative and household problems!  

Maybe brew up a huge pot of oleander tea for that pesky in-law?  And the x-lover.  And any uppity concubines.  

I'm just sayin' 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Wow so looks like he was angry for 2 months according to Danju in ep 54 but ML is happy that he is still by her side since he does not visit that concubine either, hahahahhaha.. Wow.. So Danju and xiaotao were like he used to be so straightforward and lively and brings them good food but he is just so cold now and he just says strange words and the house is no more lively.... Omg.. This is too funny.. Looks like their happy go getter is really angry and doesn't even know what it do to win ML again.. Looks like our Changbai should come soon to talk senses to him that he should just be straightforward like he is and just talk to her clearly since he also knows she is a 3 year old at love :sweat_smile:

• LOL 12

8 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

Wow so looks like he was angry for 2 months according to Danju in ep 54 but ML is happy that he is still by her side since he does not visit that concubine either, hahahahhaha.. Wow.. So Danju and xiaotao were like he used to be so straightforward and lively and brings them good food but he is just so cold now and he just says strange words and the house is no more lively.... Omg.. This is too funny.. Looks like their happy go getter is really angry and doesn't even know what it do to win ML again.. Looks like our Changbai should come soon to talk senses to him that he should just be straightforward like he is and just talk to her clearly since he also knows she is a 3 year old at love :sweat_smile:

ML is killing me lol she so pure an innocent that I cant never hate her :joy:

GTY brooding for months :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

5 hours ago, gleek49 said:

to find fa as QH, while crying prettily <_<, unconvincingly convinced himself that it's not personal, I'm just not convinced in the slightest. I can't help but finding his motives and actions petty and pathetic. I, for one, do not find him compelling or interesting at all, I'm just so tired of seeing his face on my screen, I guess I'm probably the only one who is indifferent towards ZYL and his performance :sweatingbullets:

Well yeah, that’s what his performance was all about in that scene. Its not to convince the viewers that he didn’t do anything wrong. Lol It’s not rocket science to see how petty he was and was doing things for personal reason. 

This story showcases all human emotions. All characters here have their faults and reasonings.. It’s up to us viewers whether we sympathize with the characters or see from their POV or not.

Im with @linhlinh111 GTY and QH both have their rights and wrongs. GTY is also a hyprocrite, because QH will be the very reason ML and him have a big fight. He is also very much insecure and petty. But it seems like you mentioned they toned down that part of novel in drama. Probably they don’t want to make it complicated so we know going forward GTY is the knight in shining armor for ML. 

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Anyways just had to skip some page's following this thread so hard to keep up, i think ill just read spoilers from now on. 

Because I was talking about episode 51 and how I was mesmerized by ZYL scene with GTY. That in that moment I felt pity for his character. This aroused a debate this and that about QH was wrong like I shouldn’t pity him. Like I get it and know it LOL I’m not biased to any characters except for Molan and her mother straight up detest them won’t even try look at their POV. But other characters, I can see from each one point of view and if only their acting sparks an emotion in me whether they are good or bad characters, I am able to sympathize with them. Plain and simple. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

LOL I’m not biased to any characters except for Molan and her mother straight up detest them won’t even try look at their POV. But other characters, I can see from each one point of view and if only their acting sparks an emotion in me whether they are good or bad characters, I am able to sympathize with them. Plain and simple. 

Sorry to cut your post @cherubstomato

I used to detest CL and Molan too, until GTY stepmom comes along and raises the bar of what's detestable. 

I can't stand her pretentious behaviour. 

She speaks so softly, to the extent it feels like she's mumbling. Is that supposed to be virtuous?

All the while plotting and pushing everyone around her to be the bad cop while she plays the innocent, gentle mom. 

I really can't wait for GTY-ML pair to get their hands on her and shut her up for once and for all. No more whispers, mumble, speaking softly. <_<

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

Theres something missing here, noone seemed to have mentioned the way Gty was brought up, he desired love from his father and his step mother because his mother died at his birth,and his father was always angry with him he was blamed for everything that happened and flogged, thats  why he became an angry, loud man

ML at least had her mother till she was 8 or 9 she had some taste of love from her mother

we didnt see anything about her relationship with her father only that he didnt protect her mother, thats been the problem with her not trusting men

GTY did some very terrible things you never take on a concubine  till your married and have a child( If I understand correctly) he had 2 children by this slave and then gave her freedom because she showed him so much love and compassion (all a lie to get his money) he was besotted with her but it wasnt right thats why his Father really was so angry with his silliness

how can you now get a wife and GTY said I want the mother of my children to be my wife

Gty also did everything he could to marry ML,he used  lots of tricks  to make sure she came to him and I understood she was in love with Qiheng and was waiting for him so when he dumped her she  again found a man she couldnt trust 

its a very interesting drama

Now I understand where he is coming from, he is so hungry for love and he just adores ML

but she is very young and doesnt understand if he doesnt tell her plainly, and hes sort of coy and worried to say anything because he wants her to show him, hes wanting that so much

ML its a job, that needs fixing and its a huge undertaking what she has married into with the stepmom wanting them to drift apart doing everything possible to complete their mission and the spys who can she trust? She is only 18, or 20

she is certainly trained in management but knows nothing about men or love

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Sorry to cut your post @cherubstomato

I used to detest CL and Molan too, until GTY stepmom comes along and raises the bar of what's detestable. 

I can't stand her pretentious behaviour. 

She speaks so softly, to the extent it feels like she's mumbling. Is that supposed to be virtuous?

All the while plotting and pushing everyone around her to be the bad cop while she plays the innocent, gentle mom. 

I really can't wait for GTY-ML pair to get their hands on her and shut her up for once and for all. No more whispers, mumble, speaking softly. <_<

I think it’s supposed to show she is dainty, weak, and elegant. Someone like that can’t possibly be so evil?! Lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5