[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Monday 2019-01-21

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.803 - Highest episode so far .

Its online viewers are like 250m now down from 350m due to Youku removing views. 

Why did they remove the views?  Also, how are the ratings as compared to Yanxi Palace, just curious.?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

About QH's wife, not sure how far she would go since her character has already strayed from the book so I can't guess how big her part would be, but to this point she is rather stupid. If I were her, I would wish ML's marriage would be supper happy then ML would never look back to QH again. She got nothing to gain by sabotaging ML's family but a lot to lose were things found out. She's out of her rational mind. QH's mother has really bad eyes in choosing a daughter in law.

Oh we knew that about QH's mom already.  She's one of those people that thinks title and breeding is everything.  What about character?  If QH's first marriage wasn't a complete FUBAR and the fact that they no longer have that much favor with the new emperor, she would never have lowered herself to go to the Sheng House for Minglan.

If Minglan had actually had married QH, the mom would still look down upon her and treat her badly no matter how much she tries to be a good wife/daughter in law.  ML would have to behave how she behaved in the Sheng House, constantly trying not to offend anyone and putting everyone's wants and needs above her own. 

1 hour ago, deslynn88 said:

Why did they remove the views?  Also, how are the ratings as compared to Yanxi Palace, just curious.?

Views can be manipulated aka the best viewed drama is 10 miles of peach blossoms with over 50 billion view's. 

Spoiler

Story of Yanxi Palace was on another level and sold to 70 countries, it holds the highest single day viewership in China at 530m view's.  It has 15 billion views apparently i think Story of Ming Lan most likely could have easily beat that if so many site's did not remove views.  iQiyi stopped releasing views but said Yanxi hit 15 billion views? its quite odd. 

Yanxi also holds the highest the highest viewing record for the mainland drama on the TVB.

4 hours ago, leeza77 said:

Poor ml.. Can they just give her one day break.. Everyday she has to face virtous/devious stepmom, stupid/poisonous 4th auntie, clever/evil 5th auntie. 

Then, the Queen wanted to enter the round with the lame idea of gifting concubines for the hubby. Sorry, done that. Ml is an expert at dodging concubines gifting ceremony.. Ha ha. 

Later, new bride of an ex came to the house to create chaos. Give an ammunition for the aunts dearest to take a swipe at her.. Ha ha, never fear general gu at ml six. 

Who else? Kang auntie & danniang (dumb & devil duo), manic manniang and stepmom again, the ultimate white lotus. 

Pheww.. Ml better channel her inner chu qiao for strength, lu zhen for brilliance.. And shan shan cuteness for the husband.. :D

Hide contents

She didn't go to the gu jia for the info but to tattle about ml past with dr he. 

And those vicious harpies went to GTY to "reveal" the truths but luckily GTY was like "they didn't get engaged, they had an undestanding but if I did not interfere, she would have really become his wife" Jaw dropped.......:joy:  He burst their bubbles :joy:

3 hours ago, leeza77 said:

He's going to die. So to ensure the wife and daughter protected, he ally himself with gty. The paper is the will from their father. Dunno the content but the brother actually asked gty to divorce ml

@leeza77 My guess he wants his wife a child protected and wife still to carry the title of his,, He got a lot of nerve. Why should he become Father to his niece.. I'm sure GTY and ML would see to it that she marries well.. Some widows were sent back to there family homes back then so she could re-marry out and yet she's trying to cling on to her title.. I don't know who is the worst her or evil Mdm.. She was so worried about GTY taking her husbands title when it was his to begin with.. Now to marry the same brother she help plot against not thinking ahead when her husband past what kind of safety net she or her husband has in plan for them.. GTY should them both to kick cans.. How dare they suggest to divorce his wife unbelievable.. It's sounds to me that his wife is and opportunist use the title to force him to divorce and she gets to keep her position.. Why even stay with the GU's when she don't have a son any way.. This is the time to run to the border away from all this crazy mess but yet she wants to stay because of a title get real will ya.. I wouldn't be suprised if step mom had those servants feeding her something that may have caused her not to get pregnant ever again.. 

2 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

How did QH's wife even find this out? 

@ForgottenSoulx  She found those dolls that QH had for him and ML.. Both initials or nanes were on the very bottom of the porcelin dolls which he had pck away very nicely..

None of these idle rich women have anything better to do with their lives... they can’t have a career,  they can’t be formally educated, they don’t actually run the household or even raise their own children. They can’t even depend on a husbands support and soul devotion. The only thing left is scheme and make trouble for each other. 

Pitiful.  

Actually, who's Nanny Cui? The lady who woke ML up on the morning after marriage, and then she came to rush her when 5th aunt was here to visit. 

She called ML 'miss' so I assume she followed her from Sheng Family. But I don't think she was serving ML before she got married?

She seems strict, but clearly on ML's side, cautioning her about the 5th aunt and all. 

I also thought it's funny that ML is such a sleepy head, and always overslept or sleeping in, and sooo cute to see GTY spoiling her, letting her sleep in and not having to wake up, following customs, to greet the elders etc.

Especially when Nanny Cui keeps asking ML to wake up, and she kept saying "but GTY said I can sleep some more!"

Yes they seem very happy and they enjoy each other. The only thing is he keeps asking if she is jealous, if she cares and she always tries to give him the right dutiful answer and it is not what he wants. He needs to give her time and for now he does. but the roots of their issues are there and it’s bittersweet because nobody is wrong from their perspective  

This is why I can't like Qh he is always directly or indirectly causing harm to Minglan. Instead of throwing away the dolls like he should, he kept them. Now his wife has found them and she tried to make trouble for Minglan. Jeez dude. I really wish his role was like that in the books. I have grown very tired of QH.

38 minutes ago, fra8 said:

Yes they seem very happy and they enjoy each other. The only thing is he keeps asking if she is jealous, if she cares and she always tries to give him the right dutiful answer and it is not what he wants. He needs to give her time and for now he does. but the roots of their issues are there and it’s bittersweet because nobody is wrong from their perspective  

Her answer is so correct it hurts him I feel. 

He probably knows she's still cautious with him. But she does really care for him and his well-being and genuinely care for Rong'er, and he knows that too. 

55 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

She does seem to really enjoy being with him first time I seen some real laughs from her :heart:

I concur! I've never seen her so happy before. Even when she was down after being scolded by SH, GTY has the ability to lift her up and make her laugh again. That's so heartwarming:wub:

17 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

Yahh..and I love the way she addressed him,My General Gu:love:

It seems like she just calls him whatever she likes! I still don't really know what she should call him actually.

What should she be calling him anyway? 

And GTY calls her my little fox..and now he's gonna get a white fluffy sheep skin and drape on her so she looks like a docile lamb! :lol:

1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

Actually, who's Nanny Cui? The lady who woke ML up on the morning after marriage, and then she came to rush her when 5th aunt was here to visit. 

She called ML 'miss' so I assume she followed her from Sheng Family. But I don't think she was serving ML before she got married?

She seems strict, but clearly on ML's side, cautioning her about the 5th aunt and all. 

I also thought it's funny that ML is such a sleepy head, and always overslept or sleeping in, and sooo cute to see GTY spoiling her, letting her sleep in and not having to wake up, following customs, to greet the elders etc.

Especially when Nanny Cui keeps asking ML to wake up, and she kept saying "but GTY said I can sleep some more!"

Grandma talked about Nanny Cui’s husband the night before Minglan’s wedding. He is in charge of managing the farm outside the city that ML was given as part of her dowry. Grandma said that they would go with her after her marriage

22 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Grandma talked about Nanny Cui’s husband the night before Minglan’s wedding. He is in charge of managing the farm outside the city that ML was given as part of her dowry. Grandma said that they would go with her after her marriage

So she was pretty much just given to her when she got married?

Was she actually the one who granny asked to guard ML's place when ML was heartbroken earlier from QH's mom action?

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@leeza77 My guess he wants his wife a child protected and wife still to carry the title of his,, He got a lot of nerve. Why should he become Father to his niece.. I'm sure GTY and ML would see to it that she marries well.. Some widows were sent back to there family homes back then so she could re-marry out and yet she's trying to cling on to her title.. I don't know who is the worst her or evil Mdm.. She was so worried about GTY taking her husbands title when it was his to begin with.. Now to marry the same brother she help plot against not thinking ahead when her husband past what kind of safety net she or her husband has in plan for them.. GTY should them both to kick cans.. How dare they suggest to divorce his wife unbelievable.. It's sounds to me that his wife is and opportunist use the title to force him to divorce and she gets to keep her position.. Why even stay with the GU's when she don't have a son any way.. This is the time to run to the border away from all this crazy mess but yet she wants to stay because of a title get real will ya.. I wouldn't be suprised if step mom had those servants feeding her something that may have caused her not to get pregnant ever again.. 

@ForgottenSoulx  She found those dolls that QH had for him and ML.. Both initials or nanes were on the very bottom of the porcelin dolls which he had pck away very nicely..

Spoiler

Do you mean the brother asked him to marry his wife after his death in order fot gty to inherit the title.. Thus, ml has to be divorced/separated? But, the title sh. be gty's after his death automatically 

Archived