[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

2 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Is that Big Madam’s sister in episode 44 preview? The one who instigated/manipulated Daniang into poisoning the grandma?

Spoiler

Yes, that's kang auntie. A viper. Very vicious person

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Is that Big Madam’s sister in episode 44 preview? The one who instigated/manipulated Daniang into poisoning the grandma?

@darkphoenix123   needs to bring her into her home and let her take good care of wicked step mom.. Afterwards sickly brother can go some where and cough out .

4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@Jackie1048  Technically what Lil fortune the Gu's have should have been his fortune.. According to what GTY nanny told him the GU's was broke and had to payback money that was owe this is how his mom came into to that family.. 

Thanks for the clarification @leeza77  How sweet of him.. 

Spoiler

Very sweet indeed. The next morning he was so energetic. Training his martial art. He told the maid not to wake ml from her sleep. Owww

18 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Tough life for ml to face those vipers. 

Spoiler

Can’t wait til GTY starts taking the extended Gu leeches down without completely destroying the family name.  The novel spoilers doesn’t completely have the details on how he takes care of stepmom so looking forward to seeing what happens in the drama. I hope ML sticks to her guns like in the novel and doesn’t let the Kang auntie off. If she did all that to get vengeance for her mother, imagine what she can do to Kang viper to get vengeance for grandma.  

5 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Grandma survives right? Kang auntie & Daniang get punished too 

Spoiler

In the novel she survived but the sickness taking toll on her health and she will not recover fully. Ml was so furious and fight for severe punishment. 

17 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Grandma survives right? Kang auntie & Daniang get punished too 

Spoiler

In the novel spoilers, it’s bad. :angry: Auntie Kang was behind it, Daniang did it thinking grandma was only going to get sick not realizing it could be lethal. Daniang was punished within the family while Auntie Kang was prosecuted and imprisoned. The one time ML didn’t let things get swept under rug. She got CB to agree before proceeding. 

20 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

In the novel she survived but the sickness taking toll on her health and she will not recover fully. Ml was so furious and fight for severe punishment. 

There was part in the trailer with a pregnant Minglan telling Sheng Hong that she just wants justice so that is probably related to the poisoning incident!

16 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

ML getting a shu daughter title since even if they won't marry Rulan to him, they still must marry a legitimate daughter of their family to him and that left them with no choice other than conferring ML a shu title.

I think I see what you mean. He told the emperor he was marryng the legitimate daughther and did not specify the name and gossip was all over Binjiang that GTY was marrying the legitmate daughter of the Shengs with the emperor's blessing. When Princess Ping presented her marriage proposal and was told that ML was betrothed to GTY, the princess said, "I hear that GTY is to marry the Sheng legitimate daughter" and Big Madam said that "when she came back from the provinces grandma who has been caring for ML, put her back under my care as my daughter, hence she is now my legitimate daughter". She can't say otherwise or word will go back to the emperor that the Shengs married the illigitmate daughter to his favored official. So, yes, it was very clever of TY. He had all the bases covered and word spread around that the Shengs see ML as a legitmate di daughter instead of a shu daughter. That will also help with the family of GTY.

25 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I think I see what you mean. He told the emperor he was marryng the legitimate daughther and did not specify the name and gossip was all over Binjiang that GTY was marrying the legitmate daughter of the Shengs with the emperor's blessing. When Princess Ping presented her marriage proposal and was told that ML was betrothed to GTY, the princess said, "I hear that GTY is to marry the Sheng legitimate daughter" and Big Madam said that "when she came back from the provinces grandma who has been caring for ML, put her back under my care as my daughter, hence she is now my legitimate daughter". She can't say otherwise or word will go back to the emperor that the Shengs married the illigitmate daughter to his favored official. So, yes, it was very clever of TY. He had all the bases covered and word spread around that the Shengs see ML as a legitmate di daughter instead of a shu daughter. That will also help with the family of GTY.

Exactly.. Like truly I think minglan gmhas been adopted by the big madam already but she was still been treated like a shu daughter, so with this, they finally publicly and openly announce it to the world that the dannniang has adopted her... So that has already given her a stable position of being the legal wife and the big madam in the house 

1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

What was the reason for making Grandma sick/ poisoning her? What did Da Niang want to gain?

2 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

A question, I just saw episode 42 TV version raw & wondering why were Dr.He & his Cao cousin looking at the marriage procession like that? Didn’t grandma let them know that ML is betrothed to GTY & will no longer be marrying him?

Also, I love how they are so honest with each other on the wedding night. It’s one of the reasons I like their relationship cuz I believe friendship & honesty are the most important things in a marriage...love can fade but a marriage which has friendship & honesty will stay strong

Grandma told He grandma about ML marrying GTY since they are good friends.  I supposed Dr He just wanted to see for himself and of course that clinging wench of his cousin clinging to him like a vine :triumph:.  I supposed it was regret.  And when he told his cousin that he will travelling and it will take a few years (if I am not mistaken), she wanted to follow up and he said, "No, you better stay with my mum". At least, she will be of use help taking care and minding his sick mum.    

I also like that GTY were truthful with ML and shared with her his grievances.  Also, ML agreed not take care of Rong'Er and not let her suffer like she did as a Shu daughter.  I like this episode.  GTY going out to buy her food late at night.  Such a romantic and caring person :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Golden Flower said:
  Hide contents

The woman is GTY’s former tongfan maid (here they only call her his maid from his courtyard). Tongfan maids are ones who sleep with young master. GTY used to have 7-8 tongfan maid but only this Hong Shao left. GTY’s step-mom wants ML to takes this woman back to their house (ML & GTY live separately in his new manor) and let her serve as his lower status concubine. ML didn’t agree and GTY’s aunts-in-laws are complaining towards his step-mom about ML. Then, this maid trying to kill herself by bumping her head into the wall saying she cause Gu family unrest. The conversation is not complete and I don’t know what ML exact response and reason was. In the book, she actually took the woman to their house though not right away. She waited until she acquainted herself with management of house and new servants.

Then, ML punishes herself for going against elders by kneeling in Gu’s family ancestral hall. ML then complained to GTY that he promised her she wouldn’t live in misery before he married her but she already had to kneel for along time which he has never done in that length in Sheng family before just one day after she got married.

Gee, and the maid was not even pretty.  How did she even think that even if ML agreed that GTY will even look at her face twice?  Those vipers are awful.  I hope GTY will clear the nest of vipers from his home.  

Finally finished watching to the latest episode. There is a lot of debate about GTY doing wrong and being manipulative in asking ML for her hand. While it is true that I wished he had just asked for her instead of ML. I think that from watching the show it was CB that caused the misunderstanding in the first place. Not to mention Big Madam who was so eager that it had to be RL that GTY was talking about because she is after all happy about his status... GTY never made it clear who the daughter he was asking for. So it’s weird that everything just fell right into the way he wanted it. Unless I missed something. Sometimes these plot holes I just nvm and just keep watching Or my head will explode. Haha 

i also want to add tha tback then who marries for love? RL was one of the lucky ones getting married to the man she loves and vice versa. So GTY had to get ML she basically had 3 suitors trying to get her. 

19 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

Grandma told He grandma about ML marrying GTY since they are good friends.  I supposed Dr He just wanted to see for himself and of course that clinging wench of his cousin clinging to him like a vine :triumph:.  I supposed it was regret.  And when he told his cousin that he will travelling and it will take a few years (if I am not mistaken), she wanted to follow up and he said, "No, you better stay with my mum". At least, she will be of use help taking care and minding his sick mum.    

Poor Doc He. He just looked sad with regret cause he really liked ML, even to the point of getting that bruised face and trying to clear things up with the Caos/maternal family. Almost made it too...but between the two offers, GTY’s just couldn’t be refused. 

5 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Finally finished watching to the latest episode. There is a lot of debate about GTY doing wrong and being manipulative in asking ML for her hand. While it is true that I wished he had just asked for her instead of ML. I think that from watching the show it was CB that caused the misunderstanding in the first place. Not to mention Big Madam who was so eager that it had to be RL that GTY was talking about because she is after all happy about his status... GTY never made it clear who the daughter he was asking for. So it’s weird that everything just fell right into the way he wanted it. Unless I missed something. Sometimes these plot holes I just nvm and just keep watching Or my head will explode. Haha 

It was actually in his confession to ML that it had to look on the surface to the family that it was Rulan in order to make it look like there was no way out. He purposely didn’t say a name so that no one would get hurt when the switch actually happened. It wasn’t completely spelled out but the conversation between GTY and ML basically points to them deliberately being misled. Only these two would do things like that. :lol:

Archived