[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so Hunan is holding a panel April 27th about their second half of the year and The Story of Minglan is among the titles they will be pushing. They have another historical in the mix so I do think this will be the last drama of the year for Hunan.

83075862ly1fqp5fz2uxjj20m80et3zl.jpg

11 hours ago, rosierosie said:

hopefully the drama airs this year?? Or can they released the drama on Youku like TFD?? 

def not going exclusively to Youku unless SARFT tells Hunan that they can't air it (fingers crossed since SARFT has been super harsh on historicals this year). I think TFD just didn't get picked up by any tv station. It wasnt big enough for the 8pm time-slot forcing it to go in the late night time slots and those are not doing good rating wise so it was probably easier/more profitable to sell exclusive rights to Youku. This year has been hard on historical dramas so I am hoping everything flows smoothly with MingLan. I think the only historical drama this year to air on TV was Nirvana 2 and that started airing last year. Then we had two dramas with wuxia like elements, Untouchable Lovers and Legend of Mountain Zu 2. All three aired in the late time-slots. TV stations are avoiding historical dramas like the plague :( 

Hunan spent big money on MingLan which means they will air it unless SARFT doesn't let them. We will know more after their panel on April 27th, but the rumor is that it will air in the 4th quarter. This makes sense since between post-production for MingLan and the other historical drama (Rise of the Phoenix) that Hunan wants to air, it will take some time. We should expect MingLan around November, it will probably depend on how many historical episodes Hunan will be allowed to air after Rise of the Phoenix. 

As a historical drama lover, I am on pins and needles wondering if SARFT will let dramas I want to watch air. :wacko:

New Stills

005QhBFzgy1fqpv88utesj30u00k0t9m.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv897yo5j30u00k00tu.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv89ysaij30u00k0dh1.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv8aewe0j30u00jzq46.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv8awcehj30u00k0jsf.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv8bd6trj30u00k0dhu.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv8bus6kj30u00k0goh.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv8cb1rfj30u00k0gnb.jpg

005QhBFzgy1fqpv8cu1nsj30u00k0ady.jpg

I guess wedding dresses were green and red during this time since the previews for MingLan's wedding also have a similar dress. 

006K2tVLgy1fqq7womab1g30nc0d11kz.gif

OTP gifs

006K2tVLgy1fqq2eha8iig30nc0d1hdx.gif

006K2tVLgy1fqq2eiiesmg30nc0d17wh.gif

006K2tVLgy1fqq2ee0ikwg30nc0d1b2b.gif

006K2tVLgy1fqq2eqf4hhg30nc0d11l3.gif

The trailer only covers up to before her marriage so there were not a lot of moments but I am still :wub: maybe bc I read the second half :tongue: 

I find the attraction and the glances that ZYL's Qi Heng gave to ZLY's Minglan r so intense that it's giving me goosebumps :D, I am so anticipating it now..I know with over 70 episodes there r bound to be some 'drags' but I trust Daylight Ent. will at least make each episode interesting enough so as to have us looking forward to the next episode..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 4:12 PM, jewelsc said:

I find the attraction and the glances that ZYL's Qi Heng gave to ZLY's Minglan r so intense that it's giving me goosebumps :D, I am so anticipating it now..I know with over 70 episodes there r bound to be some 'drags' but I trust Daylight Ent. will at least make each episode interesting enough so as to have us looking forward to the next episode..

dang 70 episode!!! well this gonna be the longest drama I'm watching!! Who know if Viki or dramafever will pick this up?

8 hours ago, rosierosie said:

dang 70 episode!!! well this gonna be the longest drama I'm watching!! Who know if Viki or dramafever will pick this up?

Yes, as a matter of fact, i saw on wikipedia that it's 78 episodes but for ZLY, i don't mind atall :)..I've read somewhere that we can request to Viki and tbh, i think Viki will pick it up but just hope it won't be too 'delayed' showed by them.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, jewelsc said:

Yes, as a matter of fact, i saw on wikipedia that it's 78 episodes but for ZLY, i don't mind atall :)..I've read somewhere that we can request to Viki and tbh, i think Viki will pick it up but just hope it won't be too 'delayed' showed by them.

Same! I am thinking DF could pick it up too since historical cdramas do well in their website and they have a popular FSF drama. I am just waiting for SARFT to approve it. This year historical dramas have been like non-existent. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived