[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

Part of me wonders if ML makes a big deal about this to Grandma on purpose.  She's complaining but I have a feeling she's secretly pleased at all the effort he put into his planning and wants Grandma to know as well.  We all know how she hides her real emotions very well from her family, even in front of her Grandma.

Hahahaha. I think she's fuming because she got caught unaware. I really like it because we can also see glimpses of the child inside ML. 

Feels a lil like she went to play with him, and while he "bullied" her so she ran to grandma complaining. But she would still go back to play with him because she knows he'll yield to her in the end. 

And I felt she was probably truly "sold"/ believe GTY when he made his final confession in all seriousness and bow to her..

ML probably knows she can trust GTY because he always under promise and over deliver, and even when he does things for her, he doesn't need the entire world to know. 

While we know she has been over promised to only totally under deliver (or no delivery) in the past...

4 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

The princess & her mother were killed by Consort Rong in the palace during the rebellion. It was shown in episode 34 or 35. He is now a widower. According to the spoilers, he passed the imperial exam and asked his mother about marriage to ML again & this time she agreed. But ML will be engaged already to GTY so he is asking him to back off or something like that

he is such a douchebag. like bro you already lost, let it go. And how would that look for the Sheng family is GTY  all of a sudden cancelled the wedding. QH is really a selfish spoilt child. 

1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

I really dislike Dr He's cousin and her mum.  :triumph:

Reminded me of Linniang and Molan all over again.  "If you don't marry me, let me die.....bohoo hoo"....Kind of like Manniang as well.  So pathetic.  And you could see that Dr He is too kind hearted and got completely bought over with tears.  But I really like Minglan when she stayed firm and said that "If you choose her then you cannot have me too".  I need to be with someone who will think of me as a priority in his heart.  Otherwise, I rather not marry".  And she maintained that Dr He's solution to help the cousin by letting her stay on to help around the house not a solution.  Bravo Minglan!  At least she was clear that she will not tolerate hanky panky :smiley::thumbsup:

Atta girl Minglan!

28 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Hahahaha. I think she's fuming because she got caught unaware. I really like it because we can also see glimpses of the child inside ML. 

Feels a lil like she went to play with him, and while he "bullied" her so she ran to grandma complaining. But she would still go back to play with him because she knows he'll yield to her in the end. 

And I felt she was probably truly "sold"/ believe GTY when he made his final confession in all seriousness and bow to her..

ML probably knows she can trust GTY because he always under promise and over deliver, and even when he does things for her, he doesn't need the entire world to know. 

While we know she has been over promised to only totally under deliver (or no delivery) in the past...

Exactly! She behaves childishly with him, is truly open with him, gives him unsolicited advice without hesitation & really has no filter when she speaks with him. I am really looking forward to the episodes after marriage 

1 minute ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Exactly! She behaves childishly with him, is truly open with him, gives him unsolicited advice without hesitation & really has no filter when she speaks with him. I am really looking forward to the episodes after marriage 

Spoiler

Qh's plan was to wowed ml with him passing the imperial exam. And after passing the exam, he would propose to her. Did he think that ml was without any prospect at all. Didn't he hear how liang mama chasing her for her son or hear near bethrothal to dr he. He should have snatched her at an earliest possibility. He had miscalculated or did not calculate at all. That's his lost again. 

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

The real question everyone wants to know is when we will get our first kiss.. 

A kiss scene would be nice but i think we all deserved a bed scene HAHAHA if possible...

Bed + kiss. Ouu man

So in the spolier site, i read that GTY likes to be touchy with ML :P dont know if in the drama he will but from trailers i think he's pretty touchy. I wouldn't mind watching those scenes. 

6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Qh's plan was to wowed ml with him passing the imperial exam. And after passing the exam, he would propose to her. Did he think that ml was without any prospect at all. Didn't he hear how liang mama chasing her for her son or hear near bethrothal to dr he. He should have snatched her at an earliest possibility. He had miscalculated or did not calculate at all. That's his lost again. 

Part of me felt he's a lil delusional. 

He probably thinks that even after his marriage, ML would wait for him...

And to say GTY isn't good enough for her...because what he heard about GTY from others?

Then maybe he should reconsider ML too because everyone in the capital were also saying that ML was first after the Qi family, and when that failed, went for Liang Family...without shame. 

He needs to be able to make his own judgement and not believe everything he hears. 

And to think that previously GTY vowed to help him at all costs...

I think in the preview as well, in the conversation between GTY/ QH, GTY did mention he did all he did because of her. (Not sure he meant his elaborate "scam" :lol:, or everything from going into the army and rising up the ranks so that he can go after her). So he has done a lot for ML too and will not give her up. If he meant the latter, he truly has gone the distance...

So I am watching episode 35 with subs and the scene with GTY putting medicine on ML’s foot when Ml says how would she know about such a far away thing as her marriage GTY muttered to himself ‘You don’t know, but I do!’ Lmao. So he has been planning since then but had to hurry it up when he heard about Dr.He from CB. Truly 5 steps forward & 3 steps back.

17 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

A kiss scene would be nice but i think we all deserved a bed scene HAHAHA if possible...

Bed + kiss. Ouu man

So in the spolier site, i read that GTY likes to be touchy with ML :P dont know if in the drama he will but from trailers i think he's pretty touchy. I wouldn't mind watching those scenes. 

He is touchy in the trailers even in front of her maids. They look like they have a playful relationship 

28 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don’t even have words if he really thought that. Did he really expect her to never move on or be happy like him? I can never understand him & his thinking 

15 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

So I am watching episode 35 with subs and the scene with GTY putting medicine on ML’s foot when Ml says how would she know about such a far away thing as her marriage GTY muttered to himself ‘You don’t know, but I do!’ Lmao. So he has been planning since then but had to hurry it up when he heard about Dr.He from CB. Truly 5 steps forward & 3 steps back.

He is touchy in the trailers even in front of her maids. They look like they have a playful relationship 

Omg if he really did all this military stuff to win her over then just make babies already QH totally has 0 chance vs this guy . 

Monday 2019-01-14

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.418
Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 316 - Online views 316 million its second highest yet. 

Tuesday 2019-01-15

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.536

Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 325 - Highest day of online views.

Last weeks's average TV rating for ML was like 1% this week seems to be huge increase ;o i hope for 2% which would be amazing. 

Monday and Tuesday were ML's best days online and on TV .

Just as a comparison the highest rated episode for Hunan in 2017 was Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.192 so it show's how well its doing for that Channel. 

At 4.373 billion online view as of the 15th, i think online are ahead by 6 for vip so it would be that many views up to like episode 42 should still cross 10 billion though i hope. 

3 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Monday 2019-01-14

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.418
Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 316 - Online views 316 million its second highest yet. 

Tuesday 2019-01-15

1 The Story of Ming Lan (Hunan TV) 1.536

Also

1 The Story of Ming Lan 325 - Highest day of online views.

Last weeks's average TV rating for ML was like 1% this week seems to be huge increase ;o i hope for 2% which would be amazing. 

Monday and Tuesday were ML's best days online and on TV .

Just as a comparison the highest rated episode for Hunan in TV was Negotiator (Hunan TV) 1.192 so it show's how well its doing for that Channel. 

At 4.373 billion online view as of the 15th.

Holy! those viewership numbers in China are HUGE! 

6 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

(since SH was holding white cloth to hang Rulan)

SH: What I am doing? I'll let her die. Then, the whole family die together. I thought you were different from Molan. You still did this unfavorable bad thing and also let GTY see your secret meeting. What are we going to do with you being alive? It will be best if you are dead.

@Golden Flower  Thanks for the translation..

I have to comment on SH behavior, Now he caught Molan in the act with another man and yet we didn't see him breaking out the white cloth for her to hang herself.. But yet he does this to the main wifes daughter all he did was sent  Molan to the ancestor hall for her to repemt after he lost face.. I say he really got his family discipline very well so well that both of his so called obedient daughters search out men for themselves.. And once again they want to try and push the man for ML to have.. You can't blame Granny if it wasn't for her ML probably would have been married to the worst tiger in town if it would save the shame the house of Sheng would have to face.. 

7 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@sava2sava I think Molan became the main wife. But she's unfavored and i think she only gave birth to girls if it goes according to the novel. She will live a miserable life fighting against all the concubines

Thanks for this bit of news @Lunkera  Well deserved. She's living the misery of her mothers sins, And her children will live the sins of hers..Also where can I find this novel in english.. ?  Can I read it online ?

7 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Grandma: then...Can emperor use knife to force my granddaughter to marry him? 

WS: Outside, GTY only said that he would marry di daughter of Sheng family. He did not say the name of the girl. ML is already recorded under my name and also considered di daughter. 

Grandma: you black-hearted bad couple! You cannot take away ML from me forcefully unless you kill me with blow to my head. 

@ForgottenSoulx  G/ma would stand up to the emperor behind ML. She'll move mountains if she has to.. It's so suprising she is able to marry GTY concidering what G/ma has in mind for her.. I read a few post back that GTY promise ML that he wouldn't have any other women besides her maybe this played apart of her deciding to let her marry him.. I just have to wonder what kind of man G/ma had in mind for ML..

Which reminds me of one of the clips of GTY sickly brother and step mom . GTY may have become the marquise of the home upon marrying ML.. This could be what step mom and brother face was angry about at they wedding.. If so all the hard work she did to keep him from inheriting was for nothing.. Step Mom comment was the Elder wouldn't let and unfilial child that angered his dad to death inherit the tite looks like they proved her wrong.. Her and children are just tenants their. I don;t think GTY woiuld treat his younger brother badly but step mom and sickly brother is a different story

6 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Princess died and he passed the exam he can now have a main wife ,his mother finally agreed but GTY proposed marriage first so both his mother and him were late so QH tried to get GTY to drop it or something. 

Also the Kings concubine got her revenge on the family that hijack her lil sister and molested her and threw her in the streets like and animal.. I thought she should have made there punishment a little more harsher by hacing the samething done to the other princess and made her family watch it all.. But what I didn't get was why blame QH mom for her sister misfortune..  

Another thing I noticed in the wedding scene is how big ML head piece is, Mo'er head piece was nothing like hers one In compairson you can say she didnt have one.. Man I would have paid money to see the look on her face if she was their to see it all..

8 minutes ago, Me_iDee said:

Holy! those viewership numbers in China are HUGE! 

For Online views i think shows will struggle to beat this but most likely 10 miles of peach blossoms season 2 will beat it due how insane the 1st season was. Also same for TV rating's Hunan has been flopping lately and i dont see any show on that channel beating ML this year.

8 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Thanks for this bit of news @Lunkera  Well deserved. She's living the misery of her mothers sins, And her children will live the sins of hers..Also where can I find this novel in english.. ?  Can I read it online ?

@ForgottenSoulx  G/ma would stand up to the emperor behind ML. She'll move mountains if she has to.. It's so suprising she is able to marry GTY concidering what G/ma has in mind for her.. I read a few post back that GTY promise ML that he wouldn't have any other women besides her maybe this played apart of her deciding to let her marry him.. I just have to wonder what kind of man G/ma had in mind for ML..

Which reminds me of one of the clips of GTY sickly brother and step mom . GTY may have become the marquise of the home upon marrying ML.. This could be what step mom and brother face was angry about at they wedding.. If so all the hard work she did to keep him from inheriting was for nothing.. Step Mom comment was the Elder wouldn't let and unfilial child that angered his dad to death inherit the tite looks like they proved her wrong.. Her and children are just tenants their. I don;t think GTY woiuld treat his younger brother badly but step mom and sickly brother is a different story

Also the Kings concubine got her revenge on the family that hijack her lil sister and molested her and threw her in the streets like and animal.. I thought she should have made there punishment a little more harsher by hacing the samething done to the other princess and made her family watch it all.. But what I didn't get was why blame QH mom for her sister misfortune..  

Another thing I noticed in the wedding scene is how big ML head piece is, Mo'er head piece was nothing like hers one In compairson you can say she didnt have one.. Man I would have paid money to see the look on her face if she was their to see it all..

Well grandma had the doctor in mind she wanted someone ML could rely on and would not bully or shame her etc.. just a peaceful calm life that is what she wanted for ML which i respect. I think G/ma gave in due to ML and that is the only reason and she saw how hard GTY was fighting for ML so most likely respected that. 

They were just jealous at how powerful GTY has become he had to go there to bow to the tablets of his parent's that is the only reason, he does not become the marquise then.  I think she blame QH's mum because she made the other family know that they wanted marriage as well.

Well ML wedding is on a different scale GTY wants to flaunt it for everyone to see which i love. 

This thread moves so fast. I'm on winter vacation and still can't catch up. By the time I check any of my alerts, it's too late to respond because the conversation has been pushed back a few pages. It's interesting that ppl are still discussing QH with such intensity. I feel like ZYL is a good actor, but QH is written as a blah character...even very minor characters like Shitou and Xiaotao are funnier and cuter. Perhaps, it's because I'm old that I don't really care about princely characters and love lines with too many seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

In real life, people have lives after all. Wait, maybe I answered my own question. I guess it can be entertaining to watch other ppls drama. 

13 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

This thread moves so fast. I'm on winter vacation and still can't catch up. By the time I check any of my alerts, it's too late to respond because the conversation has been pushed back a few pages. It's interesting that ppl are still discussing QH with such intensity. I feel like ZYL is a good actor, but QH is written as a blah character...even very minor characters like Shitou and Xiaotao are funnier and cuter. Perhaps, it's because I'm old that I don't really care about princely characters and love lines with too many seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

In real life, people have lives after all. Wait, maybe I answered my own question. I guess it can be entertaining to watch other ppls drama. 

We started talking about him again today because he is asking or will ask GTY to stand aside

@ForgottenSoulx

GTY also wants to deliver on his words to her before he left for the battle in the south earlier I reckon. 

That she shouldn't mind those who talks behind her back about her and her marriage. He'll come back and teach them a lesson, by showing off how grand her wedding will be and no one should ever look down on her....

:lol:

Archived