[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

On 3/10/2018 at 9:17 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

I love FSF, and Idm ZLY, however I started to dislike her after PA. It’s because of the amount of time she used body double. Never in my life I have seen someone use body double as much as she does. As a matter of fact, I went from loving PA to hating it with a passion due to the body double abuse. I will give this a go because of FSF, but if the body double issue was as glaringly obvious like PA, I might as well skip

Are you sure about this? do you really know the fact?

It's okey if you love FSF and want to show to the world that you support him, but pse do not say some unfounded about ZLY. I'm sure 90-95% of Ming lan viewers are ZLY fans.

I always restraint myself to talk something negative toward others especially spreading unfounded news, because spreading malicious rumours like the above is really bad. You don't like ZLY is your prerogative to do so, no one force you to like her but always check and recheck if you want to write or say something otherwise you may spread malicious news. 

What goes around comes around.

I believe ZLY with all her struggles in her career in achieving what she has achieved now, will not take things for granted such as using unbelievable number of they called it body double. I admired her hard-work, perseverance, determination, focus, kind hearted person, humble, proud of her own family roots, dedication and love for what she does. She is such an inspirational artist/ person. Her life/ career achievement is really amazing yet she maintains low profile, humble and kind. People are jealous and envy of her achievements, it's normal for such popular actress to have haters. Again, what goes around comes around. 

Below is some articles and  bts - ZLY in inner mongolia shooting  

https://centdevotee.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/princess-agents-zhao-liying-has-many-bts-pictures/

https://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/entertainment/asianbuzz/article/zanilia-zhao-planning-to-take-legal-action-against-source-of-9829698

I support completely ZLY management to take legal actions on those who spread malicious news about her. I think she has been tolerate long enough to those haters. It's time to stop all those nonsense. I believe in every industry they have their regulations, hence C entertainment industry must also have the rules and regulations such as how many stunts they can have etc etc, it's really beyond us, the viewers. The rules and regulations are needed so that all are in the ethic boundaries. So unless we are involved in this industry, we better be a good viewers/ fans, just enjoy the dramas/ movies rather then spreading something that we don't really understand.

She has obviously gained respect from the industry,

ZLY was selected for the "Volume of Characters the ( 60 Years of Chinese TV Dramas" ) in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of Chinese TV dramas." directed by the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television Will be published in 2018 commemorative archives, ZLY is the youngest actress on the list.

28471758_561855240856270_763926138203560

She would never be selected as the youngest actress on the list if she has done some unethical acts in her career. ZLY keep fighting!!!!

Also below is her speech at Tencent Star Stage Presentation, she was invited as one of the guests speaker:

http://www.chaofanzhuan.net/entertainment/6879.html

http://www.bestchinanews.com/Entertainment/11198.html

Very proud of her. She gained respect and recognition from her own hard-work. ZLY fighting!!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@babyskye Proof: do you see the amount of time when her screen goes between fuzzy background (CG background) with her face shown to clear sharp background but you only see her back? Always the same camera angle when her face shown but various different angle with the back lol. I noticed that a lot with PA. I forgave them for obvious body double during fight scenes, because we all know fight scenes are dangerous and we need body double (even though many times it was obvious that it was not LCX, and they forgot to blur the body double’s face xD, or how it’s a dude as her body double). That’s fine, but in a normal dialog scene? And not just one? If you go back and watch it, you will notice it.

like I said, it’s just PA. I saw rogue agent, and that series did not have the same problem. So I will give this series a go, and hopefully it doesn’t have those issues like PA does. I know PA is very popular, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. I love the first half of PA, and found it a waste of time for the later half.

and this is possibly not her fault, but the producer’s fault, they want to increase the episodes as apparently longer series get more money, and use her fame to maximise profit but if it keeps happening, I rather dodge her series even though she’s quite good and her series are all decent, because it’s just draggy and seriously annoying to see the fuzzy background, and your brain just can’t switch off the fact it’s a body double and you feel you just waste time watching it, and feeling cheated even though you understand why. But that was my feeling while watching PA, Hope that clarify it and sorry if I offended anyone :)

Here is an article talked about her body double

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/zanilia-zhao-stunt-double-becomes-an-actress/

Which you quoted say they will try to take actions against such articles, however, we haven’t heard much since. And as much as I admired her hard work, how she came from a poor village, I can’t turn a blind eye on the fuzzy screen. Like I said, the future work will prove herself :) and it’s not like I completely write her off :)

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

you should just ignore comments like that. It is obvious that they are just looking for an argument and already made up their mind.  Best  to  ignore them or they get what they want :lol: 

@mrsyooknitthank you for your wise advise:) Yes, i completely agree with you, i should just ignore those kind of people.:lol:

@Alila Nguyen

I careless about those stunts because every actors use stunts. I watch almost all of ZLY's dramas because they are very big dramas, so I follow some of her news years ago but I can't say I like her all the time. Her news are not very flattering, and checking back in recently they still haven't changed much but just about how hard working...etc.

Reason 1:

I am still a bit bitter of what she said in the past about resembling Yang Mi, "of course my face didn't go through plastic surgery!" I remembered she played as Xiao Hong in Peony Pavilion (movie below) she doesn't even resemble Yang Mi at all

But her face changed drastically within only a 1-2 year timeframe. Comparing Dream of the Red Chamber with New My Fair Princess the change is too much. I doubt she would be famous at all if she still looks like Xiao Hong. After she made statements saying she doesn't look like Yang Mi, then how come later when she starred as HQG in The Journey of Flower, she looks like Yang Mi even way more than before? At first she probably resembles YM around 80%.

In The Journey of Flower, this is like a 95% similarity with the only difference is her face is a bit wider.

28685308_140998983387565_337923240117047

It's a little hard to trust she didn't go through plastic surgery like everybody else, not like I trust any actors at all... but why does ZLY have to make such statement? I don't like her nick name Xiao Dao or little knife, if somebody ugly is straightforward I don't think they will get the same treatment? Not saying people should all be polite or overly polite whatsoever, but being considerate is what it is...

You can track the comments people made at the bottom of the page:

https://cdramadevotee.wordpress.com/index-c-actresses/zhao-liying/

Reason 2:

I guess she is young back then so maybe she'd changed now. But I don't like how the media portray her or however they try to promote her so she get lots of fans. I know her fans trust her (or those news) very much. Every where and every time all I see anything ZLY related is about she use her own effort. I feel that is the same with every other actors too. Everybody starts from the bottom too but they don't boast about it...? I think ZLY might be the only one. If ZLY did not resemble YM or look beautiful, if she still looks like Xiao Hong would people have cared? Of course there were those ridiculous articles of how she did her own stunts and then they began to back fire with pictures of how she did not do all her stunts. Her type of news really need to change.

Reason 3:

Yes it is true she gets hate for being paired up with many male celebrities, like what happened when singing with Kris Wu. I don't dislike her for those things, she can get paired up with as many guys as fans like. The only one time I see her fans did went over board and I did not like it was when Chen Xiao and Michelle Chen got cursed on how he cheated on ZLY etc... with somebody uglier...etc...I think that was around the time I stopped following her news anymore, but I still watch her dramas. They come out like every year! TBH most of them were disappointing but please don't kill me fans, I just don't like slow-paced things, I agree she looks good on screen that is why I watched them.

@darnny Not sure y ppl saying that ZLY looks like YM, she looks nothing like YM imo. and I don't think she's 'boasting' about having to work hard to reach where she's at but more like she constantly has to proof to the ppl that she can reach just as far without ppl jeeringly repeating that she is not a college graduate and coming from a farming background blah, blah, blah....and so what if she gets paired up with hot male celebrities?, it's the chemistry she has and can portray onscreen with them is what counts with being a good actress and she's got lots of that (chemistry) if she keeps getting recognized for great CPs.

She has many, many fans (and not just in Mainland China) just bcos of the person she is...wonderful.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:17 AM, Alila Nguyen said:

I love FSF, and Idm ZLY, however I started to dislike her after PA. It’s because of the amount of time she used body double. Never in my life I have seen someone use body double as much as she does. As a matter of fact, I went from loving PA to hating it with a passion due to the body double abuse. I will give this a go because of FSF, but if the body double issue was as glaringly obvious like PA, I might as well skip

Sorry but this is one of the lamest excuses I have ever seen for someone to dislike an actress. Did you know she hurt her spine (during horseback riding) making a movie in 2013 called 'The Palace?' She cannot stand for too long yet she was insistent on doing some horseback scenes in PA. Plus you should know (and you probably do) that stunt/body doubles are there for a reason. Their main job is to do stunts/scenes that the actors/actresses cannot do. In this case ZLY's body doubles were there because of her previous injury. In the end the actors/actresses safety is the number 1 priority of the production company. So please, think before you talk/write....

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

@darnny Not sure y ppl saying that ZLY looks like YM, she looks nothing like YM imo. and I don't think she's 'boasting' about having to work hard to reach where she's at but more like she constantly has to proof to the ppl that she can reach just as far without ppl jeeringly repeating that she is not a college graduate and coming from a farming background blah, blah, blah....and so what if she gets paired up with hot male celebrities?, it's the chemistry she has and can portray onscreen with them is what counts with being a good actress and she's got lots of that (chemistry) if she keeps getting recognized for great CPs.

She has many, many fans (and not just in Mainland China) just bcos of the person she is...wonderful.

@jewelsc You're right ZLY looks nothing like YM. IMO ZLY has more of a cute look while YM has more of a pretty look. Both are attractive in my eyes :). If I were to choose between the two I'd choose ZLY because YM is already married lol. But my number 1 beauty is: Liu Yifei...soo beautiful!

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Agree. With her natural talent, dedication, hard-work, kind hearted and her positive thinking, she is like the sun - you can't block her; she will shine regardless :)

15 hours ago, ppanda0421 said:

Sorry but this is one of the lamest excuses I have ever seen for someone to dislike an actress. Did you know she hurt her spine (during horseback riding) making a movie in 2013 called 'The Palace?' She cannot stand for too long yet she was insistent on doing some horseback scenes in PA. Plus you should know (and you probably do) that stunt/body doubles are there for a reason. Their main job is to do stunts/scenes that the actors/actresses cannot do. In this case ZLY's body doubles were there because of her previous injury. In the end the actors/actresses safety is the number 1 priority of the production company. So please, think before you talk/write....

Yes, I do know she hurts herself, and I’m fine for her to have body double for kneeling scenes. However, it was actually sitting scene. And idc if she has 30 body doubles or 3, my point was the producer and herself should have come up with a smarter way to mask the fact that she needed body double. The scene I’m complained about was at least 5mins long, it does show her face, however, it also glaringly obvious that she used body double as well (I have explained how I spotted it). For that scene, all she needed was 3 shoots side way, show her face and her body with the support actor. That’s it. That’s what 3s?

did I say she can’t act? No, I’m saying my brain can’t stand being deceived poorly. I actually noticed it while watching, the article was much later on. And I know how much she’s loved and hated, and how she tend to be the victim of sabotage, however, with her star power, she needs to write better contract, negotiate better and be more assertive on certain scenes if her health not allow her so, and possibly, take a rest for her body to heal.

my reason for avoiding her series if this glaring body double issue keep popping up, is that she is now the actress for mass market (well always has been but got worse), her series cut corner and not high quality like that of Yang Mi or Hu Ge, and she keeps letting ppl has the reason to destroy her credibility. I’m welcome her to change my mind, and I thought it did with PA until the body double issue and how the story just drag out for the sake of dragging out, and how her fame is being used to push other support actors to stardom -.-

anyway, I voiced my opinion, and I’m on the land of the fan :) so I understand the disagreement and the hates, that’s just my opinion, you can take it or ignore it :) I’m done here. Will check out the series when it’s out :) if it’s good, I’m sure I’ll stick with it, even though I’m not a fan of the styling (the period setting time, not whether the design for style is pretty or not)

6 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Yes, I do know she hurts herself, and I’m fine for her to have body double for kneeling scenes. However, it was actually sitting scene. And idc if she has 30 body doubles or 3, my point was the producer and herself should have come up with a smarter way to mask the fact that she needed body double. The scene I’m complained about was at least 5mins long, it does show her face, however, it also glaringly obvious that she used body double as well (I have explained how I spotted it). For that scene, all she needed was 3 shoots side way, show her face and her body with the support actor. That’s it. That’s what 3s?

did I say she can’t act? No, I’m saying my brain can’t stand being deceived poorly. I actually noticed it while watching, the article was much later on. And I know how much she’s loved and hated, and how she tend to be the victim of sabotage, however, with her star power, she needs to write better contract, negotiate better and be more assertive on certain scenes if her health not allow her so, and possibly, take a rest for her body to heal.

my reason for avoiding her series if this glaring body double issue keep popping up, is that she is now the actress for mass market (well always has been but got worse), her series cut corner and not high quality like that of Yang Mi or Hu Ge, and she keeps letting ppl has the reason to destroy her credibility. I’m welcome her to change my mind, and I thought it did with PA until the body double issue and how the story just drag out for the sake of dragging out, and how her fame is being used to push other support actors to stardom -.-

anyway, I voiced my opinion, and I’m on the land of the fan :) so I understand the disagreement and the hates, that’s just my opinion, you can take it or ignore it :) I’m done here. Will check out the series when it’s out :) if it’s good, I’m sure I’ll stick with it, even though I’m not a fan of the styling (the period setting time, not whether the design for style is pretty or not)

Are you a doctor, physical therapist, or chiropractor? How do you know that her injury will/will not flair up in certain scenes? Are you a film director or producer? How do you know that she only needs 3 shoots? Do you really think that scenes are all done in one attempt? You have no idea how many re-shoots it can take to do one scene. That '3s' you speak of can take much longer, up to an hour if the director does not like what he/she sees. You do know that films are also edited right? Have you ever though about that?

You're contradicting yourself. Listen to what you just said:

'...however, with her star power, she needs to write better contract....and be more assertive on certain scenes if her health not allow her so and possible, take a rest for her body to heal..'

Certain scenes are requiring her body double(s) to be in her place. But you are the one COMPLAINING ABOUT THOSE BODY DOUBLES!

I did not say that you said she couldn't act. I am merely pointing out that you are disliking her (your words not mine) for nonsensical reasons. Yes you have your own opinion of what you like or dislike. However when you spit out b*llsh*t about celebrities who others admire you can't expect people to just sit there and do nothing.

Many chinese dramas nowadays tend to drag on the series to make more money and/or have another season. But you should blame the production company, not the actors/actresses in those dramas. 

Look you might be a nice person in real life, but you should be mindful of what you say. This goes for both online and outside in the real world.

On 13/03/2018 at 9:33 AM, babyskye said:

Agree. With her natural talent, dedication, hard-work, kind hearted and her positive thinking, she is like the sun - you can't block her; she will shine regardless :)

@babyskye I come here from time to time to see updates on Minglan.  Glad to find you here as well :) 

Archived