[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Siege in Fog 人生若如初相见

rocs25

What i know of (past) C drama is that sometimes they will film 2 endings. 1 is HE, the other is not. So it depends on what ending they will use. :wacko: I am fine with either HE or sad ending but i hate open ending the most. Is like .....huh what?? 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, budgerie said:

What i know of (past) C drama is that sometimes they will film 2 endings. 1 is HE, the other is not. So it depends on what ending they will use. :wacko: I am fine with either HE or sad ending but i hate open ending the most. Is like .....huh what?? 

Yeah. So true

If We have wasted 50 hours of our live watching show with no ending . It will be infuriating. 

I also dislike ending where the main lead dies. As it is so heartbreaking to watch. 

Hope for siege in fog they make YLK alive at the end

Question!

Could anyone who had read the novel gave me a spoiler about how the novel ended?

How bad was it ended?

Do one/both of them died or they just went on separate ways (and why)? I rarely watch drama with bad ending, so I need to prepare my heart for the tragedy.

What an addictive show! It certainly has its flaws but I'm glued to the screen the whole time and can't wait to see what comes next. Of course it suffers from being an overstuffed turkey at times with one trying to get one's head around the socio-political setting and the myriad of characters in and out of uniform but the human drama has its pull.

I"m such a sucker for contract marriages and this one doesn't disappoint but what I really love about this is the Yi family dynamic especially when they sit around the family table with all their individual and collective baggage alternating between trying to be a family or pretending to be a family. Considering how much war talk goes on, I am surprised at how much it is about family -- brothers, wives and marriages etc etc. In that regard It reminds me of 家, 春, 秋 (The Torrents trilogy by Ba Jin).

I can't fault the acting on the whole (and all the ridiculously pretty men) but I absolutely love Elvis Han in this. While I wouldn't say he carries the show, he does have a commanding confidence which is amazing considering he was probably 24 or younger when he was filming this. But it's the way he plays out the... I was going to say... duality in his personality... but he is rather more multifaceted than that. Lan Po is a young man who is both the youngest son of a prominent family with the weight of the world on his shoulders as well as a man who is desperately in love with his wife who is only just managing to keep the facade of indifference together. That scene of him at the jeweller's standing behind her with his eyes closed after he's placed the sapphire necklace around her neck as he takes in her scent just encapsulates so magnificently the dynamic of their push and pull. Here depicted is a man starving for true marital intimacy and relishing what little morsel he is able to partake.

I also like Jeremy Tsui here. It's a far more meaty role here for him than the one in The Happiness of an Angel. He's definitely very pretty and I'm enjoying his dynamic with both Sun Yi and Elvis Han. So far I don't mind what they're doing with the love triangle and I don't see PJC as an outright villain as yet. He's obviously hanging around to be close to the third young mistress but she's at least making an effort keeping him at bay.

@40somethingahjumma Tbh, those three r the main reasons y i'm continuing with this drama usually I don't like watching political or family dramas so much and from what i'm reading and seeing so far, it's gonna get more sad..normally I would skip dramas like these after reading the synopsis and like u've said, this is pretty addictive and I would be there anticipating the next batch of episodes every week.

I'm so into this drama now. All the relationships slowly surfaced.

I'm getting so annoyed by Zhang Xi Kun (2nd bro's uncle). He is so pushy and keep on asked yun xi to kill his own brother. And the tian meng hui's leader liang xing bei, I'm thinking he is the 6th uncle of the yi's family.

This drama is getting more and more excited. I'm glad that lan po and QS have cleared up all the misunderstanding and being honest about their love to each other. 

I get a bit confused regarding the scene QS requested to take photo with the Cheng's family girls. Her intention really is to get the Mu Rong's family to get married with the Cheng's elderest daughter?Or she wanted the photo to be publish on newspaper to let YLK know that she is safe now? 

This is the first time I'm watching Elvis and Sun Yi's drama. Is Elvis a good kisser? Hehe....

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I"m such a sucker for contract marriages and this one doesn't disappoint but what I really love about this is the Yi family dynamic especially when they sit around the family table with all their individual and collective baggage alternating between trying to be a family or pretending to be a family. Considering how much war talk goes on, I am surprised at how much it is about family -- brothers, wives and marriages etc etc. In that regard It reminds me of 家, 春, 秋 (The Torrents trilogy by Ba Jin).

Yes. Those are the interesting scene I'm liking it so much. U really have to understand well the stories as it goes as they are deep meaning behind their words. 

TBH, the war talk & what political stuff..i usually FF because i don't understand :o but i really find everyone acting here is good. I like eldest bro & his wife (altho at this point of time is he good or bad) but i assume he's good. It seems Father does listen to his opinions quite seriously. I like their meal time in that big dining room/long table. Always you don't see them eating much or eat to their hearts content. I guess when one is seated there, have to watch their table manners etc. How suffering it can be! QS really look very good in this drama & all her outfits are beautiful, the hairdo too (in real life she's a mother already).  

I have binged watched the first 15 episodes these past 3 days. I am so in love with the drama and plot. I really like the relationship between YLK and QS because there love grows stronger through the hardship. I feel like the drama is going to get darker from here because everything has been good so far. The evil uncle is always trying to get 2nd brother to do all the evil stuff like doubting YLK. 

On 22/03/2018 at 3:16 AM, Ruri Eisblumen said:

Question!

Could anyone who had read the novel gave me a spoiler about how the novel ended?

How bad was it ended?

Do one/both of them died or they just went on separate ways (and why)? I rarely watch drama with bad ending, so I need to prepare my heart for the tragedy.

I read from novel review this drama is a tragedy and has sad ending. Most likely YLK died in war. The translation is still ongoing up to chapter 23. Not finish yet. =) 

But i really hope in the drama YlK is alive after being shot in the war though.

So, I have watched up to episode 6 subbed, and I'm a bit confused. Who are those extra ladies & kids at the dinner table? They don't speak except that one lady, who isn't sitting with a child next to her.   The father says that only family is allowed at the dinner table, but are these people servants? But if they are servants, why does the father have conversation with that one woman? I thought none of the brothers have any children yet? Who are those people?

33 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

So, I have watched up to episode 6 subbed, and I'm a bit confused. Who are those extra ladies & kids at the dinner table? They don't speak except that one lady, who isn't sitting with a child next to her.   The father says that only family is allowed at the dinner table, but are these people servants? But if they are servants, why does the father have conversation with that one woman? I thought none of the brothers have any children yet? Who are those people?

Those are the wives of Yi Ji Pei, the father's.

On 18/03/2018 at 5:54 PM, Hapiangle said:

Thank you so much!!

So, Lan Po is the zhi right? All the brothers in the family has very nice zhi. The elder one is Xian Qiao, 2nd one is Yun Xi, 3rd one is Lan Po. 

Yes that's right. And 3 of the basic elements are present in the names as well. In the 2nd brother's zhi name it contains water and air (yun = clouds and Xi=stream) and Yi Lian Kai's name has earth as Po (is a slope/ and contains the character for mud/ earth in his name)! Not sure if the author did that on purpose or not.

56 minutes ago, productiveprocrastinator said:

Yes that's right. And 3 of the basic elements are present in the names as well. In the 2nd brother's zhi name it contains water and air (yun = clouds and Xi=stream) and Yi Lian Kai's name has earth as Po (is a slope/ and contains the character for mud/ earth in his name)! Not sure if the author did that on purpose or not.

I'm thinking the elderest bro Xian Qiao is with element wood, 2nd bro is water and 3rd is earth. Really nice name!!

5 hours ago, Hapiangle said:

Those are the wives of Yi Ji Pei, the father's.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize the father had living wives. I thought his wives had all passed away. And he kept telling that seamstress how lonely he was. So the little children are also the father's? Very interesting since the age gap between the 3 brothers and the other children at the table is so large. Those children look to be about 7 years and younger. 

3 hours ago, productiveprocrastinator said:

I didn't realise people had style/courtesy names right up to the 20th century. Fascinating historical titbit that I picked up from this show. I'm sure they would have but I never thought about it much. I don't think I've ever watched a post Qing dynasty drama populated by people with style names. Must be a first for me. 

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I didn't realise people had style/courtesy names right up to the 20th century. Fascinating historical titbit that I picked up from this show. I'm sure they would have but I never thought about it much. I don't think I've ever watched a post Qing dynasty drama populated by people with style names. Must be a first for me. 

Actually the chinese might even continue that tradition if it wasn't for the communist party as having a courtesy name was seen as someone who was rich/wealthy/privileged/the upper class so it would have gone against the ideology of the communist government. The tradition was pretty much wiped off China as soon as they came into power and started burning books & scholars.

On 23.3.2018 at 2:29 PM, valerie86 said:

I read from novel review this drama is a tragedy and has sad ending. Most likely YLK died in war. The translation is still ongoing up to chapter 23. Not finish yet. =) 

But i really hope in the drama YlK is alive after being shot in the war though.

Oh, it's kinda preferable to me, at least then the story is concluded, because I saw in shushengbar that this novel is categorized as open ending, instead of bad ending. So I thought the ending would be like this; the main characters agreed with each other that they didn't match and went on separate ways.

Also I think I read somewhere in the novel translation's comment by the translator that there is a side story where one or both of the main character/s finally move on (finding his/her "true/fated love"). This kinda sucks...

5 hours ago, Ruri Eisblumen said:

Oh, it's kinda preferable to me, at least then the story is concluded, because I saw in shushengbar that this novel is categorized as open ending, instead of bad ending. So I thought the ending would be like this; the main characters agreed with each other that they didn't match and went on separate ways.

Also I think I read somewhere in the novel translation's comment by the translator that there is a side story where one or both of the main character/s finally move on (finding his/her "true/fated love"). This kinda sucks...

Ok..u have given me another reasons for not reading the novel atall..I think I will just stick with the drama whether it has a HE or not..chinese authors/writers tend to love writing sad ending or open ending or side stories..:wacko:

Archived