sugarplum892

b7003af33a87e95019e4ef9719385343faf2b45d.jpg

cr as tagged

Details:

Chinese title: 逆袭之星途璀璨
English title: Stairway to Stardom

Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 50

Director: Yang Lei (Novoland : The Castle In The Sky 九州·天空城 )

Broadcast Period: June 9, 2017

Cast:

Kasetsin Puttichai (Push)

Song Yi as Su Cheng

Yan Xi

Zhao Jian

Hu Bing

Synopsis:

Su Cheng (Song Yi) loses her job as an assistant when the actress she is responsible for gets fired, though she gets a second chance when she is successful in a talent search show. She slowly works her way up the ladder, and eventually becomes one of the most sought-after young actresses in the entertainment industry. 

Cr Viki

**Click here to request license on Viki**

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Stairway to Stardom 逆袭之星途璀璨 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Stairway to Stardom 逆袭之星途璀璨 Raw Episodes

Novoland : The Castle In The Sky 九州·天空城 Official Drama Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm watching this drama at the moment,it's quite entertaining. The heroine Su Cheng, is an assistant to a mean actress who makes her be her stunt double for scenes like falling down some steps. So far the hero is a mean jerk, who thought the heroine was trying to seduce him when she asked for a ride to the set of the film she was in. To be fair, she did push her way into his car, but it would not have cost him anything just to give her a lift.

I've only seen episode 1, I thought I was seeing some actor who resembled Orlando Bloom,but no it really is him! He appears in Su Cheng's dream about getting chased by a murderer who looks like her landlord. It's kinda funny, that she refers to him as "Mr Orlando"

Up to episode 8 now, and this show sure shows the dark side of Show Biz like actresses back stabbing each other and developing relationships with benefits with superiors. The relationship between Su Cheng and Duan Cheng Xuan is  funny and cute. They hate each other, but put on a good face in front of the media.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently on ep.21 and I must say it has been an emotional roller coaster. Not exactly a good one either, more like it's frustrating? Especially at how naive Sucheng is! That girl I tell ya is a typical Cinderella, rags to riches female protagonist. Tian2 is the antagonist and as much as I hate her she has more layers than Sucheng who is just too Vanilla tbh. 

I guess the same can be said of Yechen who like Sucheng is pretty meh as a second male lead. Infact both male leads are underwhelming. Thai actor Push has very little screen time here which is odd since he's the romantic male protagonist. But hey at least he's better looking than most of the other men in the cast LoL. Still watching if only to see the antics of the other nest of vipers in Sucheng's agency~

Archived