[Movie 2018] Human's Time 인간의 사건 - Jang Keun Suk, Ahn Sung Ki, Mina Fujii, Ryu Seung Bum

sunny2014

• Movie: Human's Time (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Inganui Shigan
  • Hangul: 인간의 시간
  • Director: Kim Ki-Duk

Note: 

1. Filming begins June, 2017.
  2. First time actor Jang Keun-Suk and director Kim Ki-Duk have worked together.

Cast

f41f46b3b0adf651b70504b1ebe9f6c0.jpg

Link: http://m.movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/basic.nhn?code=163379

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[News] Jang Geun Suk In Talks To Join Ahn Sung Ki And Ryoo Seung Bum In New Movie

We may be seeing Jang Geun Suk back on the big screen soon!

On May 12, Kim Ki Duk Films stated that they recently offered him a role in the upcoming film, “The Time of Humans” (literal title). They are currently in talks with Jang Geun Suk and stated that a final decision would soon be made.

Ahn-Sung-Ki-Jang-Geun-Suk-Ryoo-Seung-Bum

Jang Geun Suk’s agency confirmed that he had indeed been given an offer, but had yet to make his final decision. If he does decide to appear in the movie, this will be his first movie in six years since 2011’s “You’re My Pet.”

“The Time of Humans” is set to be a metaphorical and symbolic representation of the history of mankind. The movie is set to have a powerful and controversial story, with Kim Ki Duk, the movie’s director, even stating, “I expect the movie will be controversial both in and outside of Korea.”

Ahn Sung Ki and Ryoo Seung Bum have already signed on for the film. Casting is set to be completed within the month so that filming can begin in late-May.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/12/jang-geun-suk-talks-join-ahn-sung-ki-ryoo-seung-bum-new-movie/

[News] Jang Keun Suk to return to big screen with Kim Ki Duk's film
Actor Jang Keun-suk will return to Korea's big screen with award-winning director Kim Ki-duk's new film, his management agency said Monday.

Tree J Co. said Jang has recently confirmed his appearance in "The Time of Humans." It will be his first film in six years and first work with the auteur.

Kim's 23rd feature film is about a journey to get to the root of human beings while testing the limits of human emotions, morality and ethics.

AEN20170522003500315_01_i.jpg

South Korean singer and actor Jang Keun-suk arrives on the red carpet for the 1st International Film Festival and Awards Macao in Macao, China, on Dec. 26, 2016

Jang, who will play alongside Ahn Sung-ki, one of the most established and respected actors in Korea, is said to show a different acting style in this film where he plays a cruel and cold-blooded character.

"It's been a while since I did a film, and I am so honored to work with director Kim Ki-duk whom I respect," the company quoted Jang as saying. "I've decided to join because it appealed to me to play the most instinctive side of human beings."

The actor will start shooting at the end of this month.

cre; http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2017/05/22/0701000000AEN20170522003500315.html

Jang Geun Suk To Transform Into Violent And Impulsive Character For Upcoming Film

Actor Jang Geun Suk will be undergoing a drastic transformation for his character in upcoming film “The Time of Humans” (literal title).

On May 23, his agency Tree J Company stated that the actor will start filming for the movie near the end of May.

34801484006_959889fd86_o.jpg

“The Time of Humans” will be a film about the process of searching for the root of mankind while testing the boundaries of people’s emotions, ethics, and morals. It has been revealed that Jang Geun Suk will be playing a violent and cold-hearted character.

He shared, “It’s been a long time since I’ve appeared in a movie, and it’s an honor to work with director Kim Ki Duk. I decided on this film because I thought it would be interesting to portray a character that just acts on impulse.”

This is his first time returning to the big screen in six years. Are you excited for his new role?

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/23/jang-geun-suk-transform-violent-impulsive-character-upcoming-film/

[Entertainment Today] Jang Keun Suk returns to the screen in six years

"Actor Jang Keun Suk returns to the big screen after 6 years in Kim Ki Duk's movie " The time of humans"

The first meeting between the internationally recognized director and the Hallyu star has become a hot topic.

Jang Keun Suk will show the brutal and heartless energy of human instincts in this movie.

The most drastic transformation since his debut is expected. It's announced that the filming will start at the end of this month."

Jang Geun-suk to star in Kim Ki-duk’s movie
Actor Jang Geun-suk is set to return with director Kim Ki-duk’s new film “The Time of Humans.” 

Jang’s management company, Tree J Co., said Monday that the actor would break away from his usual acting style in the movie. The exact character of his role has yet to be revealed.

“My role portrays the instinct and limitation of human beings,” Jang said. “It’s very attractive for me as an actor to play such a character.”

“The Time of Humans,” Kim’s 23rd movie, traces the root of humankind by challenging the limits of a person’s emotion, ethics and morality. Ahn Sung-ki and Ryu Seung-bum will also appear in the movie. 

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170522

cre: http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201705221503352246114_2

Joe Odagiri and Mina Fujii to join Kim Ki Duk's new movie with Jang Keun Suk, Ahn Sung Ki... Great cast which will go down in history

Several sources in the film industry said on the 24th that Joe Odagiri and Mina Fujii have recently decided to appear in Kim Ki Duk's new film "The Time of Humans" and are getting busy preparing for it.

'The Time of Humans' is a movie about a battle ship which is converted into a cruise ship entering an unexpected new world while cruising and the internal aspects of people aboard which arise there. It will test the boundaries of people's morals and ethics while violence, murders and sexual desires are swirling about. Jang Keun Suk, Ahn Sung Ki, Ryu Seung Bum and Lee Sung Jae have already confirmed their appearances in the movie.

f41f46b3b0adf651b70504b1ebe9f6c0.jpg

Mina Fujii will play a heroine Eve and work with Jang Keun Suk who will act as Adam. She will appeare in director Kim Ki Duk's movie for the first time. She is expected to perform the unconventional role which requires a high acting ability with her stable acting skills.

Joe Odagiri will make a guest appearance in 'The Time of Humans'. He worked with director Kim Ki Duk in the film 'Vimon' in 2008 and he will join Kim's new movie to help him.

Meanwhile, 'The Time of Humans' will start to be filmed at the end of May.

cre: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000966244&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

Eng trans: @yachan19870804 

[News] Jang Keun Suk's human instinct and limitations ... Why "Human Time" is much expected?

[Global Economic Reporter] Actor Jang Keun Suk's appearance in Kim Ki-duk's "Human Time" has been confirmed. We are looking forward to seeing how he acts.

Jang Keun Suk's agency, Tree J Company said on the 22nd that Jang Keun Suk has confirmed his role in Kim Ki-duk's new film "Human Time."

Jang Keun Suk said about his decision to appear in the film, "I decided to act because as an actor it is an attractive job to play the most instinctive side and limitations of human beings." "I am honored to be with Kim Ki-duk whom I admire," he said.
Jang Keun Suk is expected much to appear in the movie because it is literally "he is Jang Keun Suk."

23502bc59c3e1a3fd94214cf71605e3c.jpg

Jang Keun Suk started as a child actor and appeared in 'You Are Beautiful' and 'Pretty Man'. Most of the works he appeared are romantic comedies and melodoramas (soap operas). He used to be called "Prince of Rocco (Romantic comedies)."

However, Jang Keun Suk widened his own spectrum. Unlike before, he took on heavy characters in "High Ambition" and "Beethoven Virus", and broadened his acting spectrum. His recent performance in the drama 'Daebak' became a hot topic every day and enjoyed good responses from viewers such as being called 'Rediscovery of Jang Keun Suk.'

But every time he made new challenges, the public often expressed more apprehensions than expectations. His image as a "Professional Rocco Actor" acted as poison. Nonetheless, he has always been growing up with new challenges and overcoming those apprehensions.

I hear voices of apprehensions here and there this time again because the films he starred in were not as good as they were expected. His performance in the movie was disportionate to his big success in small screens. But all the more we expect his upcoming movie a lot.

He has always been overcoming apprehensions and has grown up with new challenges. We are so glad Jang Keun Suk will act in this movie.

cre: http://www.g-enews.com/view.php?ud=201705221543347721a8b5e7c93c_1

Eng trans: yachan19870804

Actress Feya will appear in Human's Time of Kim Ki Duk

She wrote: #2017 First movie #Director Kim Ki Duk
#I do not know how much I appreciate for being able to work with my favorite director Kim Ki Duk.
#I will learn a lot with actors and staff members l work together.
I'll concentrate until mid-June 
After l finish the shooting camp which will start next week and last for two weeks, again
#Thinking #thought #金基德 #电影剧本 #人类 的時間 #Human's Time #Begin #Glory#Actor #Learning #movie #film #Kim Ki Duk

news_271809_1496101660_m.jpg

cre: IG, naver

[Movie Support] Today’s dinner was supported by Jang Keun Suk DC Gallery, Jang Keun Suk Zone, and LEZGO kr! The menu was Galbi soup & light meal buffet. Actor Jang! Take a good shot!!
Ribbon message: The happiest time of humans is when we eat!!!

34960804342_9ce1a6af18_z.jpg

34960805202_dd548da2b2.jpg

cre: tw CriJ

[INTERVIEW] Director Kim Ki-duk wants to make honest movies
Kim Ki-duk seeks universality of human beings

Kim Ki-duk is a Korean filmmaker though his movies are perhaps more popular abroad. His recently released the film "Stop"deals with the Fukushima nuclear accident of 2011. It was only seen by 241 viewers according to the Korean Film Commission as of Tuesday.

"Pandora," another Korean film based on a fictional scenario of a nuclear power plant explosion in Korea was seen by 1.78 million viewers as of the same day – running No. 1 at the local box office.

It is unfair to compare the tickets sold between the two movies as Kim's work is a low-budget film made with only 10 million won ($8,541) while 10 billion won ($8.5 million) has been invested in production of Pandora. Also, Stop is only available at one indie film house and online plus IPTV at homes when Pandora is screened nationwide.

However, Kim points out his philosophy in his movies as the major reason why his work receives more attention in other countries.

"Many foreign journalists ask me why my work is loved more abroad than it is in Korea," said Kim during his interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Jongno, central Seoul, Tuesday. "I have to say maybe because my stories are based on the universality of human beings. I mean every nation revolves around its people, but we Koreans have stronger pride in ourselves as we are taught that we are superior to others. But if you travel around and see the world, every nation has its own uniqueness and I like putting that in my films.

"Most of the films that are popular in Korea are full of pride and reveal that we believe we are the best. But I am curious if we can maintain this as a real subjective value. My films are watched worldwide, in South America, Russia and China and I think it is because I delve into the universality of human beings in my stories," said Kim

During the last 20 years, Kim has directed 22 films, including "Pieta" that won the Golden Lion at the 69th Venice International Film Festival (VIFF) and "3-Iron," the Silver Lion for Best Director at the 61st VIFF. Kim's movies contain creepy and uncomfortable scenes unhesitatingly and try to be as realistic as possible to deliver his message.

The director says he planshis'- life in France, New York, Los Angeles and even in Almaty in Kazakhstan where he finds interesting materials for his next project.

Venice_Kim_Ki_Duk_Golden_Lion.jpg

Q. There is much material to choose from when you direct a disaster film. Why did you particularly choose Fukushima?

A. There are many disasters currently threatening us such as hurricanes, massive earth quakes and heavy snow storms. But the size of damage and the number of victims in the explosion of a nuclear power plant is something different. Radiation leaks are seen in our eyes as side effects and are not caught immediately. At the same time, some countries such as Korea and China are increasing the number of their nuclear power plants and many countries such as the United States depend on nuclear power. I wanted to stop this.

Spoiler

My movie does not limit its audience to Koreans but furthermore to global audience. That's why my story takes place in Japan and features Japanese actors.

Q. There are some unconvincing scenes in your movie Stop like the Japanese actor eating Korean cup noodles and his computer set in the Korean language.

A. Stop is a low-budget movie and there are mistakes as I had no art team to take care of the glitches. My previous films have some errors too but people say it's fine because they are works of Kim Ki-duk. Instead of focusing on small details and artwork, I concentrate on delivering the main message.

Q. What were the strengths in shooting a disaster movie alone?

A. Honestly, it was very difficult. I feel embarrassed to say it is a disaster movie. I first used computer graphics in the scene of the steel tower collapsing in Tokyo, but took it out later because it looked so unprofessional. So I decided to make this movie a drama. Instead of showing economic loss and nationwide damages visually, I had to show psychological change in person's mind as side effects of the radiation leaks from the explosion of a nuclear power plant. Perhaps changes in genre to go deep.

Q. What kind of feedbacks do you want to hear from the audience?

A. I was invited to a Japanese film festival in Yubari with Stop and talked to the local audience. They knew my film is low-budget and it has some improvement points but they barely talked about it. Instead, they were positive in that Korean director made movies about a disaster that happened in Japan, which Japanese directors did not make, and they hope it could be screened in their homeland.

Q. Your movies mainly focus on the psychology of the main characters. Why?

A. I have been filming for the last 20 years but it is all about human stories in the end. Also as I am investing in my own movies and I could not expand the size. I cannot spend much on special effects or art, which limits my work to appeal as a drama or focus on characters. Money makes the film scale big. But how you constitute the emotions of characters meaningfully is probably the only way to expand the movie apart from getting a big investment. If the movie has no drama or story, it has no value as a film. So, if you watch my film, you have to receive my message.

Q. Your movies often contain creepy and uncomfortable scenes. Why do you persistently show them?

A. I do not want to lie in my movie. I improve every time I release a new film and I think it is right for me to express these scenes freely. There are many comfortable movies in this society. If my films are only seen by small audiences, I want to make films that people can emphasize with. I have my own world in my movies and it has be the center of the story. People can also perceive my stories differently as time passes on and when they come back to them.

Q. What is most important for you when you make a film?

A. Truth. I said it a little while ago. Kim Ki-duk is Kim Ki-duk. It is about making an honest film. As soon as I approach my film according to the taste of the audience and market and cast popular actors, I disappear and my truth disappears from the movie. I want to say that I only hear my heartbeat in my own movies.
cre: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/12/141_220178.html

May 30, 2017

JANG Keun-suk, RYOO Seung-bum and Joe Odagiri in THE TIME OF HUMANS
Stars Line Up for 23rd KIM Ki-duk Film

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

lEEvXMcgSDcQhvmhPklI.png

Actor JANG Keun-suk will finally make his return to the big screen for the first time since 2011’s You’re My Pet in The Time of Humans, which is the latest project from director KIM Ki-duk. Also appearing will be RYOO Seung-bum, whose last role was in KIM’s THE NET, and Japanese star Joe Odagiri, who has appeared in KIM’s Dream (2008), while legendary screen actor AHN Sung-ki will also appear in a KIM film for the first time.

The film is described as an exploration of the limits of humanity and morality. JANG will play a cold-blooded character in the story. 

Rounding out the cast will be LEE Sung-jae, a well known Korean face with credits that include Barking Dogs Never Bite (2000) and Public Enemy (2002), and Japanese actress Mina Fujii, who has appeared in Korean films such as Like a French Film and My New Sassy Girl last year.

The Time of Humans is KIM’s 23rd film following last year’s THE NET, which debuted at the Venice International Film Festival. He was originally set to make a big budget period war film in China called Who Is God?, but this was put on hold in the wake of escalating THAAD-related tensions between Korea and China.

KIM’s latest begins filming at the end of June and gives his usually quick production schedules it may see light before the end of the year.

May 12, 2017

Ryoo Seung-bum joins Kim Ki-duk project

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Actor Ryoo Seung-bum will reunite with director Kim Ki-duk in the director’s new movie with the working title, “Days of Men.”

Various sources in the movie industry claimed Ryoo will join up with Kim in the upcoming movie, which is set to start filming near the end of May.

The two previously worked together in Kim’s 2016 film “The Net” - a drama about North Korean defectors. The movie received critical acclaim and the movie’s attitude towards defectors became a source of debate among Koreans, but the film did not achieve commercial success. 

The new movie will also reportedly be a drama, depicting how mankind has survived through the ages. 

Korea’s favorite actor Ahn Sung-ki is also weighing up his options and is reported to have been interested in the film, but no confirmation has been provided. 

By Kim Jung-kyoon

[Movie Support] Today’s dinner, steaks were supported by Blue eels ☆ Kizuna / TEAM Zikzin/ Mr.JKS Japan / LoveJKS★Flamme / team WE LOVE YOU! Jang Keun Suk! / Tean Maririn Japan / Geun-Chen com / Zikzin Unagi team / Team JKS ☆JP

35136415936_941b6a04b9.jpg

Spoiler

35136417476_deb3686ee1.jpg

cre: tw CriJ

Eat dinner and shooting for today will end .. . We will shoot the rest tomorrow .. Following Korea, China and Japan, fans from Singapore and Russia .. are supporting us with food by country, which is really great! # Today again for sure # quite full and ready to burst # abalone samgyetang # Thank you very much # Keun-chan # Jang Keun Suk # Human time # jangkeunsuk
# Jang Keun Suk's Fan Club # Human Time # humantime # Human Time
# Cauldron food truck # food truck # kimkiduk # Kim Ki-duk
# Thank you very much # thanks # Authentication shots for gratitude

Archived