Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2017] Live Up To Your Name, Dr. Heo 명불허전

4 hours ago, 3z3zm3lp said:

I did not check again the ep 12 video again but i really think the “T” part was not shown there. Unlike in this ep 16 replay, it is obvious.... or am I just imagining it? Lol

Okay, checked ep 12, before the “T” part. The angle was changed showing YK.

Yeah it was a different angle showing KAJ. So they were both 'T'-ing each other. Lol

anyway I think they prob will move on after this drama. Somehow I just feel that KAJ may not be keen to proceed with romance. She ia close to YMK too. But my heart feels otherwise. I ship them so so hard! And I want KNG to have a great career and girlfriend for 2017!

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

Is it my turn for final speech ? :tongue: i guess the time has come to bid farewell to HI and YK...

Andweeeeee ! Not yet, I am not ready for this :bawling:

It's really hard to let go of this drama...sigh.... This has been a wonderful journey full of emotions. This is the drama that made me sign up here at soompi after so many years lurking around :tongue:

Like many of you I was astounished at how little promo this drama received. The first time I heard about LUTYN was at Dramabeans I think, when it was announced that KAJ and KNG were cast for a fantasy medical drama. First, I was like "Huh ? What? Oookaaay that's so out of left field...". Then came the shocking yet delightful realization that I might just get to watch KNG again in a drama, followed right after by the dreadful question "oh gosh is he going to die again ?" (How ironic isn't it lol). Then I thought how unexpected for KAJ to take on a rom com drama since her last dramas had no romance and were thrillers. Dramas that i really loved btw. So even if i found her to be a very good actress and enjoyed her movies like 200 pounds beauty, i wasn't sure how the KAJ and KNG pairing would play out. I was kinda worried. (Stupid me, there was no need to worry at all:D)

Then one day, when i opened my favourite streaming website I came across the poster for the drama and saw that first episode was up. I confess I had completely forgotten about the show since there were no articles published or anything of the sort.  And that's how it all started for me ! 

I liked the drama from the first week and laughed at HI discovering Seoul new technology hahaha. But I got really hooked when the OTP first traveled back to Joseon together ! What a cliffhanger, i wasn't expecting her to travel with him so soon in the series ! I think the writer is brilliant to make them travel together back and forth. Joseon, with all its dangers, was the perfect setting to bring YK and HI closer while facing those extreme situations.

Concerning the relationship between YK and HI, I thought it was so beautiful to watch them make progress step by step. YK goes through all sorts of emotions regarding HI : suspicious, puzzled, admirative, disappointed, curious, amused, angry, concerned, longing. If HI is smitten by her from their first encounter, what seals the deal for them both is the mutual admiration and the realization that they share the same mind as doctors dedicated and committed to their patients.

if the realtionship build up appears slow at first, it was steady, beautiful and cleverly done. I still remember how we were just rejoycing over some hands touching here and there lol ! BUT we got the kiss that was promised Hahahaha. And suddenly the thread went crazy and everyone turned into perv, debating over red ears, tongue twisting, mosquito bites and so on. Oups I almost forgot lip biting, my bad. That was so rewarding. As was the date in episode 13. They look so perfect together, their chemistry completely off the charts, an explosion of cuteness, a fireworks of feelings.:heart:

As much as they made me squeeze for their cuteness, they made me cry a river :bawling:

That Namsan date was so heartbreaking. They know what is coming for them, they are aware that he needs to go, but they don't wanna talk about it just yet, so date they try but in the end he needs to tell her.... And that separation scene in episode 16 omg.... KNG doesnt need to say a single word to act. His eyes, his face, his mouth, every part of his body screams of pain and sadness. KAJ is without a doubt a queen at crying scene and I wasnt emotionally prepared when YK asked to help him with the needle. I was bawling, crying my heart out, screaming Noooo (my neighbour knocked at the door at that point, but I had to finish watching that scene first right ?). That scene was tragic, painful, heartbreaking , yet so beautiful and romantic ! And that 360 degree sequence was gold !

Thank you drama for existing. Thank you KNG and KAJ for choosing this project and for making HI and YK so real. The best chemistry and OTP. Hopefully we will get to hear some news soon hahaha, otherwise I will always remain your devoted fan. Thank you writernim, I will follow your work for sure. Thank you PDnim. 

Overall it was a wild ride, they did torture us but the dramagods ansewered my prayers for a steamy bed scene, er... happy ending ! :tongue: Honnestly I am satisfied with this ending because I really freaked out we would get the staring contest ending !! I mean, come on, there wasnt much time left and he wouldn't die just yet. And after he got shelf-assaulted we see HI and YK staring at each other from afar with teary eyes... So yeah I freaked out for a moment and it showed in my live recap messages hahahaha.

I have been back reading the thread from page 199 and it is hilarious ROFL !! How we all cried together then wished for him to die asap, coming up with different methods hahahaha. Then the staring contest scare LMAO. 

I want to sincerely thank you all for the fun, the tears and the insights. I am happy to have shared those moments with you all through this thread although belatedly. I will still hang around this thread for a while for closure's sake :tongue: 

• Like 17
  • LOL 7

7 minutes ago, 3z3zm3lp said:

I understand that is why i try really really really hard not to ship so i wont get disappointed much :D

we are still caught up with HI ang YK love affair :wub:

Thanks to this forum, I got now a place where I can burst all my feelings. I can't tell this to my friends as they are not fan of Kdramas. I got now you guys where we can discuss our feelings and love for them. The struggle is real. I should stoooopppp this delusion 'bout them. :(

• Like 15

Never have i been this emotionally attached to any particular rom com k-drama before, and yet, this time i fell real hard in love with the way HI and YK tell us their story, or should i say it, KAJ & KNG's surreal chemistry throughout the entire time to be exact. 

Level of acting was undoubtedly impressive for there were times where i found myself troubled admitting that none of the characters were real, simply because they perfectly made us absorbed with their pain, laughter, struggles as if we were there with them in both dire and joyful moments..

Many of u wonderful people here perhaps had told this earlier, but allow me to say this once again..

I have seen many kissing scenes in multiple genres of K-drama, if not too much, and yet their accupunture kiss was definitely the MOST genuine one, for the raw feelings of passion and love projected to each other were undeniable. :heart:

It wasn't something overly sexual, nor you could explain why you can't stop smiling ear-to-ear looking at them. For the first time in my life, i replayed that particular scene for probably more than i should have not because of the tongue war, but simply to convince myself time and time again that it wasn't done by HI & YK, but rather something inexplicable that made me jump into a conclusion that, as what you guys also had mentioned before, it appears to me that AT THAT POINT, both KNG and KAJ were indeed helplessly attracted to each other. 

It was unlike anything close to what i've seen before because i sincerely could feel it. I cant even explain what it is that makes their kiss seemed undeniably so sweet or why my heart was equally shattered HI had to be away from YK.

Another point i'd also point out here is the fact that, on the contrary to most of the heroines of k-drama in general, YK was so honest with how she felt towards HI from the get go, she despised him so much for discovering his greedy, empty heart side, yet, she couldnt even keep her hands off HI when she realized just how much he meant for her after everything they went through together. No playing it cool nor pretend that she didnt care about him for one bit.

I just couldnt ask for anything better that, except more episodes to cheer up my weekends with their love story.

About KNG and KAJ, whoaa..where do i begin?..hmph..is it too much to ask for you guys to be as get along as HI & YK!?! :glasses: i mean, bet you guys felt it too deep within right!?!? :blush: anyway, easily one of their best works so far yet.

• Like 22

ahahahah, since we are doing kiss analysis...i reedited the gif posted by @ic3chubb3 above - i enlarged and slowed down...as this is a cut of a full kiss..it is hard to tell if it is a longer. But here he was definitely very caught up in the moment..comparing to the one in eps 12 which i had zoomed in on earlier..

this flashback one in eps 16 looks like he was biting her lower lips ( the scene was too short to see further)

VedSjgc.gif

The original one in eps 12 which i had made & posted before, she was biting his..

vZe4fEp.gif

So this means many different angles & shots were made...don't you wish they gave us the BTS...lol!

Edited by triplem
  • Like 11
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1

Oh i now get it!!!! You were pertaining to the kiss scene on Episode 16 (flashback of Ep12). Let me get back with it lol Oh gahd I think I need to buy the dcut :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

Omo omo what did I miss, another kiss analysis ? See that's what happens when I write a whole speech, I get carried away losing notions of time. I need to backread these kiss posts ASAP

Ps : bless you all for these gifs

• LOL 12

Lol all this kiss analysis made me rewatch the two scenes too hahahaha.  the angle in ep 16 flashback is the same as the one in ep12, except that ep16 showed the kiss from that angle a bit longer which showed KNG kissing KAJ a bit more hahahaha but ep 12 showed a different angle of KAJ kissing KNG so we couldnt see the extra kiss that KNG did lololol (if anyone can understand what i'm saying...)

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

10 minutes ago, ImKyung said:

i wasn't sure how the KAJ and KNG pairing would play out. I was kinda worried. (Stupid me, there was no need to worry at all:D)

But I got really hooked when the OTP first traveled back to Joseon together ! What a cliffhanger, 

Concerning the relationship between YK and HI, I thought it was so beautiful to watch them make progress step by step. YK goes through all sorts of emotions regarding HI : suspicious, puzzled, admirative, disappointed, curious, amused, angry, concerned, longing. 

And that separation scene in episode 16 omg.... KNG doesnt need to say a single word to act. His eyes, his face, his mouth, every part of his body screams of pain and sadness. KAJ is without a doubt a queen at crying scene.

That scene was tragic, painful, heartbreaking , yet so beautiful and romantic ! And that 360 degree sequence was gold !

Sorry to cut ur post above.. i just wanna highlight some of ur thoughts which d same as me..

At first i didnt even know kng n kaj well.. i never follow their drama.. i just knew kaj from 200 pounds beauty.. and kng for his famous "kill" scene in many dramas.. everyone talk about it, so i just knew them.. but thank God i endup watching this amazing drama..i give it a chance altho so many time travel theme i've been watching so far.. and i'm happy that i give it a chance.. :D

Me too.. previously i thought, is it a good pair? (Kng & kaj).. but i like d story n directing so far (previous eps).. then i got hooked by combined time travel they did.. its something fresh n new to me.. after that no wonder that i got crazy with this drama n both leads.. lols.

I wanna highlight just 2 of heroines that capture my heart since my kdrama journey so far.. hehe..

1. KAJ. She can show d best of her in this drama (no wonder she got nominated to an award).. like u said that she already potray so much emotions here.. suspicious, puzzled, admirative, disappointed, curious, amused, angry, concerned, longing (i would add some like smart, sexy, aegyo, cute, desperate, tough, easy going, warm, soft.. i lost of words here..lol). not forget to mention she is so good at crying scene.. Like i said b4, that i really like her role as a doctor here.. really hooked and amazing at oh hara death scene also.. she is so daebak n multitalented.. never imagine someone else to potray dr choi yeon kyung except kaj.. :D

2. Seo hyun jin. If u watch Another Miss Oh, u will know what i mean.. i give aplause n praise for her in this drama..

For LUTYN finale is really an amazing piece of work.. script is all well writen and pdnim is so amazing.. not forget to mention d backsound music in this drama.. their parting scene when hi pierced his heart with great acting, sound and angle create amazing scene.. i agree with u.. its a GOLD..

• Like 13

1 hour ago, triplem said:

ahahahah, since we are doing kiss analysis...i reedited the gif posted by @ic3chubb3 above - i enlarged and slowed down...as this is a cut of a full kiss..it is hard to tell if it is a longer. But here he was definitely very caught up in the moment..comparing to the one in eps 12 which i had zoomed in on earlier..

this flashback one in eps 16 looks like he was biting her lower lips ( the scene was too short to see further)

The original one in eps 12 which i had made & posted before, she was biting his..

So this means many different angles & shots were made...don't you wish they gave us the BTS...lol!

You noticed the first pic his hand is outside her hair and the second pic his hand is inside her hair?  Thanks for the pictures! Can't get enough!! 

Edited by rainmoon
do not quote images
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5

35 minutes ago, bluehopeatm said:

Ok, let me do this! *Clear my throat*

Is anybody here? Can you hear me?

I’m still overwhelmed by the bittersweet yet beautiful ending of this drama. As some of you here may notice, I’m quite silent these two days. Cause when there’re so much to say, I don’t know how and where to begin. What can I say more to our wonderful cast, PD-nim, writer-nim and our production team. They’re brilliantly awesome and I can’t help feeling grateful for their attempt to bring us such a perfect masterpiece.

In this drama, we don’t have:

:ph34r::angry::blink:Silly decisions; noble idiocy; hateful colleagues; ugly minded second leads, jealousy, misunderstanding,… and staring contest in the end.

In this drama, we have:

:wub::wub::wub:Sympathy, humanity,  sacrifice, responsibility,… ok, ok, ok, beach date, ice-cream date, deep kiss, stolen kiss, and kiss, and kisses; bed-scene, morning together, Namsam date, coulple selfies n pictures, AND even the female lead successfully murdering the male lead!

What can I ask for more?

I’ve read all of your posts here, and it occurs to me when I read all your posts about the ending, and saying goodbye, and “see you again in other drama”; that, the VERY-LAST-WORD that I left here was:

“Omg i just wanna jump into my TV and stab a knife to his heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with my bare hands”

,which made @fans123 lol. (My dear, every single post by you here is also my joy, too.  I love your humour sense so much ^^ But, how can you imagine me as an Ajuma??? :dissapointed_relieved:  You-break-my-heart!).

When I realize that fact, I feel so embarrassed and guilty; so I decide to collect all of you guys’ criminal evidences here, so I won’t feel guilty anymore.

Reveal hidden contents

gum house

Have you remembered how evil we are last night? I did had an eye on you all, I’ll report to the police (Sr, just kidding ^^)

From the first time I call this thread “Gum House”, I really feel,this will be my family here in Soompi. Cause I’ve decided not to watch any other K-drama for 1 year more. Cause LUTYN costs me so much energy and emotions (actually, I’m not looking forwards to any other projects this years).

So my darling you,

@minbongyi @LyraYoo @vangsweetie637 @kdyes @frapp2latte @echotiner @lyserose @fans123 @cherrycokez @3z3zm3lp @littlebluecat @YuKo Wong @asti_g_mei @triplem @booo28 @boingboingracquet @shiqin3381 @butterflysaga @flin @findit @martanur @Cherrine Kim @jadore1 @ImKyung @iriskyopta258 @kaoriharang @villagernumber1 @minhye1822 @nancy131 @flin and many others of you,

Don’t say “Goodbye”. Let’s say “I’ll come back”.

Don’t say “I’ll never forget!”. Let’s say “We’ll meet again.”

Cause I’ll stay here, protecting this Gum House. So you can go enjoying any project you want, but just promise to come back everytime you have a chance. I’ll surely give you a warm hug. All the memories left here are too beautiful to be forgotten.

BTW, we already have our Gum Couple, and this Gum House. Can we officially announce October, 1st to be GUM DAY? So will we  a promise to come back here on the very FIRST DAY of every month to drink (?!?), to talk, to cheer up and share feelings together? I’ll tag all in case you don’t remember, OK?

*burst out crying*

:(I am sorry chingu ((Big Hug)) :bawling: my bad. Please don't dig my evidence, i have alot of embarrassing moment back there :sweat_smile:

But :lol:hahaha the evidence ended with @vangsweetie637 said Omo, finally .....lmao :lol:

:weary:Can't get enough of this thread....ottoke?  But i'm already tired

Goodnight to @bluehopeatm and all my lovely chingus *Muaks :heart:

p/s Chingu, please feel free to call me ajumma :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

26 minutes ago, bluehopeatm said:

BTW, we already have our Gum Couple, and this Gum House. Can we officially announce October, 1st to be GUM DAY? So will we  a promise to come back here on the very FIRST DAY of every month to drink (?!?), to talk, to cheer up and share feelings together? I’ll tag all in case you don’t remember, OK?

*burst out crying*

ahahaha...I love how you collected evidence of our murderous intentions. Aww chingu you make me sad..thanks for all your lovely screen caps and for being part of this thread. I'll see you on GUM DAY!!!  :heart:

@cherrycokez I'll see you on WYWS...right now I have not fully immersed myself as I think my heart is still here. lol!

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3

21 minutes ago, Cherrine Kim said:

2. Seo hyun jin. If u watch Another Miss Oh, u will know what i mean.. i give aplause n praise for her in this drama..

For LUTYN finale is really an amazing piece of work.. script is all well writen and pdnim is so amazing.. not forget to mention d backsound music in this drama.. their parting scene when hi pierced his heart with great acting, sound and angle create amazing scene.. i agree with u.. its a GOLD..

I'm glad to see we share the same opinions regarding KAJ display of emotions :D.

In regards to Seo Hyun Jin, I first noticed her as the Princess (or Queen ?) in Three Musketeers. I found her very funny and endearing there. I loved the drama Another Oh hae young to bits and particularly SHJ's character, she really impressed me. Unfortunately I didn't really like her character in ROmantic doctor and I am not feeling interested to check out Temperature of love yet.   KAJ on the other hand has never let me down in her previous projects.

Back to LUTYN, you are right to mention the OSTs, they are amazing ! I am thinking of pre-ordering the OST album but the shipping fee to Europe is too much...:bawling:  Now if only I can order both the OST album and the DVD together...:D

• Like 9

Hahaha @bluehopeatm @fans123 we have nothing to be guilty of. All that we did..the criminal acts..was for the good of our HI haha. Since the pouch kept him in Joseon..separated for years from his gum..someone had to step in..hence, the 'Kill HI This Way..' group was formed. And i tell you..everyone in the group was uniamous hahaha! Awww..i will still be coming here to the thread to join discussions :wink:

@bluehopeatm my chingu..i can't make any promises since I am a lady who has many biases hence many other dramas to follow haha..but i will still be here to chat and discuss because come on..this is the Gum House of our Gum Couple :)

Also..i don't think there is a shipping thread for this couple yet. I will start one as soon as I get on a computer. We may have to continue our spazzing at the Shipping thread instead since this one is more for the drama itself.

And..i remember someone suggested writing fanfictions. We can't do it on the MT either. It has to be at the fanfix section :wink: 

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

@bluehopeatm omo.. my dear chingu.. ur words have melted my heart.. i'm teary eyed here.. 

Love your words here i quote again:

"Don’t say “Goodbye”. Let’s say “I’ll come back”.

Don’t say “I’ll never forget!”. Let’s say “We’ll meet again."

(I'm sure i will come back again n again.. just like heo im to kyungie.. LOL)

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

@ic3chubb3 omo..thank you for that list! I love that there were so many adlibs in this drama! And so glad the director was flexible enough to allow it. A drama is successful to the hearts of the fans when the leads can contribute their ideas to portray a more natural atmosphere alongside the director agreeing and accepting the contributions. I always love it when this happens and as always..it will show onscreen because every scene becomes memorable! :wub::blush::heart::wub:

• Like 11