Presents

Live Up to Your Name, Dr. Heo  명불허전

Director

Hong Jong-Chan (Dear My Friends)

Writer 

Kim Eun Hee (Queen's Classroom)

Cast

Main

20663990_1235040666607717_3028590927276722834_n.jpg20622003_1235041056607678_8808924193521235074_n.jpg

Kim Nam Gil as Heo Im- An 

Kim Ah Joong as Choi Yeon Kyung

Supporting 

Joseon Era
Hyeminseo Clinic
Moon Woo Jin (문우진) as child Heo Im
Shin Rin Ah as Yun Yi (10)
Moon Ga Young as Gong Mak Gae (20)
Kim Byung Choon as Kwon Ji
Oh Dae Hwan as Doo Chil (36)
Jin Sun Kyu as Yun Yi's father
Takeda Hiromitsu (다케다 히로미츠) as Sayaga / Kim Choong Sun (22)
Choi Jae Sup (최재섭) as Ddak Sae (41)
Palace
Ahn Suk Hwan as minister of war
Jo Seung Yun as King Sun Jo
Maeng Sang Hoon as Yoo Chan Sung
Yoo Min Kyu as Yoo Jin Oh (early 30s)
Jang Woo Hyuk (장우혁) as Choong Ho
Others
Uhm Hyo Sup as Heo Jun (mid 60s)
Byun Woo Suk (변우석) as black man

Present
Shinhye Hospital
Noh Jung Ui as Oh Ha Ra (15)
Ahn Suk Hwan as Shin Myung Hoon (62)
Lee Dae Yeon as professor Hwang (mid 40s)
Lee Jae Won as Kang Man Soo (32)
Sung Joo (성주) as Kim Min Jae (late 20s)
Seo Jung Yeon as Jung Yi Yun (mid 30s)
Oh Jung Sook (오정석) as Soo Ho
Lee Bo Yun (이보연) as nurse Kim
Hyeminseo Clinic
Yoon Joo Sang as Choi Chun Sool (73)
Tae Hang Ho as Min Byung Ki (mid 40s)
Min Ji Ah as Jun Jae Sook (late 30s)
Shinhye Oriental Hospital
Yoo Min Kyu as Yoo Jae Ha (30)
Kim Myung Gon (김명곤) as Ma Sung Tae (70)
?? as Goo Ji Woong (mid 40s)
Lee Jae Gyoon (이재균) as Jin Young Hoon (27)
Kim Jung Hwan(김정환) as Sung Tae's secretary

Broadcast Date  

August 12 , Sat-Sun (9:00 PM) - October 1, 2017

About the Show

Fantasy medical drama that centers around a man from the Joseon Dynasty who is skilled in acupuncture but has to live with a low status for being born to a concubine. He then travels 400 years into the future, where he meets a cold modern practitioner.

tumblr_oumev1nC9E1tmjt2ko1_400.giftumblr_oumev1nC9E1tmjt2ko2_400.gif

SOOMPI RULES FOR 01.Soompi code of conduct  | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONKDRAMA

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the posting to the respective companies instead of be report or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.Kdrama.com complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should lately.02.Any01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, 

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Nam-gil, Kim Ah-joong offered new tvN time-slip drama

by girlfriday

Spoiler

There’s a new drama in the works that may bring Kim Nam-gil back to television. It’s already been four years since he did Shark, and Bad Guy three years before that, but he’s considering an offer for a new tvN time-slip drama that may lure him away from the movies this summer. The series is called Live Up to Your Name, and is also courting Kim Ah-joong (Wanted, Punch) to co-star.........................

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/kim-nam-gil-kim-ah-joong-offered-new-tvn-time-slip-drama/

MAY 19 2017

Kim Nam-Gil and Kim A-Joong cast in tvN drama series “Deserving of the Name”

DAKLcyfUAAI5rHR.jpg

Kim Nam-Gil and Kim A-Joong are now cast in upcoming tvN drama series “Deserving of the Name” (literal title). Drama series will be directed by Hong Jong-Chan.

In the drama series, Kim Nam-Gil will play lead male character Heo Im. He is an oriental doctor living in the Joseon era. Due to an incident, he travels through time and finds himself in present day Seoul. Kim A-Joong will play Choi Yeon-Kyung. She is a doctor in present day Seoul. She appears cold and she carries an emotional scar. She also has a secret. These two characters meet.

“Deserving of the Name” will first air August, 2017 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Saturday and Sunday 9PM time slot after “Secret Forest“).

13 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

There’s a new drama in the works that may bring Kim Nam-gil back to television. It’s already been four years since he did Shark, and Bad Guy three years before that, but he’s considering an offer for a new tvN time-slip drama that may lure him away from the movies this summer. The series is called Live Up to Your Name, and is also courting Kim Ah-joong (Wanted, Punch) to co-star............

@Go Seung Ji  Thanks for the thread opening, So happy to see Kim Nam Gil coming back to drama land.. I hadn't realized it's been that long since Shark..  But reading the description of the drama it's like a reversal of faith or Dr. Jin

• 2 weeks later...

Jaw-dropping, club-hopping Kim Ah-joong in Live Up to Your Name

by tineybeanie

kah_knk6.jpg

This girl is my kind of doctor: Work hard, play even harder. Kim Ah-joong (Wanted) stars in tvN’s upcoming drama Live Up to Your Name as a cold surgeon with a deep, hidden pain. She’s a strong proponent of modern medicine despite coming from a family of oriental medicine doctors. The main conflict occurs when she somehow becomes involved with Heo Im, played by Kim Nam-gil (Pandora).

He is an accidental time traveler from 400 years in the past, and coincidentally also the best acupuncturist in oriental medicine’s history. So there’s a pretty good basis for many opportunities in cute clashing and rom-com hijinks to occur.

more 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/jaw-dropping-club-hopping-kim-ah-joong-in-live-up-to-your-name/

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/07/21/giggly-snuggles-off-camera-for-live-up-to-your-name/

BREATHLESSSURVIVAL

WATCH WHAT ROCKS YOUR BOAT

lun-e1500628820662.png

GIGGLY SNUGGLES OFF-CAMERA FOR LIVE UP TO YOUR NAME

July 21, 2017

Aish. I thought the pairing of Kim Nam Gil and Kim Ah Joong for Live Up To Your Name was rather left field when announced, but I’m quickly warming up to them as an OTP as promo material of the drama is being shared. They are incredibly cute and oozing breezy chemistry in the latest BTS clip that my anticipation has gone up considerably. If the two can’t keep straight faces while filming, then I sincerely hope neither can viewers when this drama goes on air. I’m just relieved that Kim Nam Gil is going for full-on authentic comedy for this role and not much darkness is lurking evilly in the corners waiting to cast a net of misery upon me. You can return to the past, Kim Nam Gil…just don’t die on me again and make me cry!!!

2 hours ago, ruzikie said:

Finally, Kim Nam Gil in a comedy drama but pleas dont make him die in the end or maybe he will get lost in the past and never come back :(

I don't think he will die in this one. But his dark character studies are so intense especially the way his eyes convey all that emotion and fire. And his dying makes us long for his return even more.

Archived