[Thai Drama 2017] Slam Dance ทุ่มฝันสนั่นฟลอร์

whitedove

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-21 at 4:43 PM, whitedove said:

That's because she started IG pretty late. She was a top actress at CH7 (one of the highest-rated channels in Thailand besides CH3 and One31) but has not renewed her contract with CH7, so now she's a free agent. CH7's lakorns are not as easily available online unlike CH3 or One31, so it's harder to find sources to sub CH7 lakorns. But her fame is comparable to CH3's top actresses like Yaya and Kimmy. Baifern & Mai Davika used to be the Kimmy & Yaya of CH7 before both she and Mai left CH7. None of the actresses on Hormones are close to her fame in Thailand. She's also an award-winning actress.

Her fame didn't come from lakorns at first though, but from her movie with Mario Maurer called Crazy Little Thing Called Love. The movie was such a hit in South-East Asia (and China too) and made her became internationally-known. You can check out the movie, it's pretty good and many have fallen for her and Mario in the movie. There'll be sequel coming soon too. You can check her filmography here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimchanok_Luevisadpaibul

Oh, I know this movie. I don't like it. I did not like her acting in that movie too. I think the entire movie is pretty boring. hahahaha

Thx for the information. I don't know Yaya or Kimmy as well. 

On 2017-5-22 at 7:44 AM, welp said:

follower number cannot accurately gauge a star's popularity. It matters how active the star is on social media so as how interesting the content is. For example Mew is a top actress of Ch3 but, she only promotes her dramas and endorsement on her IG, no glimpse into her personal life. Woonsen is not a top actress but she's fashionista and friend of famous female celebs with whom she often hang out and very active on IG  thus, she is in top 20 of nation's most followed' accounts.

You are right. But I don't know anything about Thai TV because the information is only available in Thai language, so Social Media is the only thing for international fans to be in contact with these actors and actresses. And the Thai actresses that I know that are most followed on IG are Punpun, Mai Davika and Cherman Boonyasak. 
Thanks for the information you and Whitedove gave to me.

3 hours ago, tiagocarioca said:

You are right. But I don't know anything about Thai TV because the information is only available in Thai language, so Social Media is the only thing for international fans to be in contact with these actors and actresses. And the Thai actresses that I know that are most followed on IG are Punpun, Mai Davika and Cherman Boonyasak. 
Thanks for the information you and Whitedove gave to me.

You'll get a clearer view of actors' popularity if you follow Ch3 and Ch7 dramas too. But, I guess they aren't your cup of tea.

By the way, Aum Patcharapa is the queen of Thai actress and has most followers on her IG (8m) followed by Chompoo Araya(7.3m). For some actors, it's easier to communicate with them on twitter, many read tweets that tag them and often reply. Most Thai celebs can understand basic English, some are fluent.

I have thought of creating an English fanpage/ website for Thai ent but, that is not something I can do alone and I know no one who wants to co-operate with me. Also, I doubt if Thai ent is popular enough to profit from such project.

On 6/4/2017 at 2:34 AM, tiagocarioca said:

I liked Slam Dance, but it seems a regular lakorn sometimes, not a series. I think I prefer the GDH style. 

They don't call series 'series' in Thailand though, all of these dramas with 'series' in their titles are lakorns or dramas. GDH doesn't have a specific style IMO, it all boils down to the production crew. I'm pretty sure I've seen some lakorns at CH3 or One31 and even Workpoint that have what you call 'GDH-style'.

On 6/4/2017 at 6:30 AM, welp said:

I have thought of creating an English fanpage/ website for Thai ent but, that is not something I can do alone and I know no one who wants to co-operate with me. Also, I doubt if Thai ent is popular enough to profit from such project.

Yes please!! If there is something i can do then i'm willing to help you ^^

The story seems interesting, i will watch it ^^

Archived