[Thai Drama 2017] Princess Hours รักวุ่นๆ เจ้าหญิงจอมจุ้น

yoyo_icecube

On 5/10/2017 at 7:19 AM, Table122000 said:

I think GMM TV has an english subbing team. A lot of the videos on their Youtube channel are subbed when they are released. I agree with @clon_105  that I wish other channels would sub their videos. Sorry to hear that True4U isn't doing well in Thailand. I hope they can turn things around and get better ratings since they are the broadcaster for Halo Productions. I've liked the past Halo dramas I've seen-Ful House and Kiss Me, and I'm enjoying Princess Hours so far.

GMMTV is a production house under GMM Grammy, not a TV station/channel. GMM Grammy's owned TV stations (GMM25 and One31) don't have their own subbing teams as well.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2017 at 11:34 PM, Carmarie said:

I watched episode (English subed) 4 on Youtube last night. Overall, I like the story and I am not bothered that it does not strictly follow the Korean story-line.  My only problem is that Khaning acts too childish.  I understand that she has never been in a relationship or dated before; however, she is old enough to act more mature.  I believe it was stated in the first episode that she is a freshman in college; however, she acts like a freshman in high school. I do not know if this drama is pre-produced; if it is not, please have Khaning grow up quickly.

If the writers wrote more romance in the story, I am happy, after they are married.  If the crown prince does not step down from his position and give it to his sister, I am more pleased.   She can still be lively and have a zest for life without being "goofy"

i agree with your comment. actually imo korean version also kinda childish as well.. but that kind of attitude and speech are really work well with yooneunhye.. but for patty, she looks like so overreact... i wonder if is it she is the one who overreact or its just her face is not suitable for that kind of character.

oh my.. ep5 already released, i haven't start with episode 4 yet.. too busy lately.. (watching kluen cheewit)

sorry that i haven't got time to edit first post. 

On 5/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, Carmarie said:

I watched episode (English subed) 4 on Youtube last night. Overall, I like the story and I am not bothered that it does not strictly follow the Korean story-line.  My only problem is that Khaning acts too childish.  I understand that she has never been in a relationship or dated before; however, she is old enough to act more mature.  I believe it was stated in the first episode that she is a freshman in college; however, she acts like a freshman in high school. I do not know if this drama is pre-produced; if it is not, please have Khaning grow up quickly.

If the writers wrote more romance in the story, I am happy, after they are married.  If the crown prince does not step down from his position and give it to his sister, I am more pleased.   She can still be lively and have a zest for life without being "goofy"

Are they really college students? I'm a bit confused about everyone ages and grade levels in this drama. The translation in episode 1 says Crown prince and Minnie are 19 years old and Kaning is a college freshman. (I'm assuming she is 19 years old as well since in the original K-Drama everyone was the same age and in the same grade) But they are all wearing what looks to me to be high school uniforms. So are they high school seniors? If they were in college wouldn't they be wearing regular clothes? But then isn't 19 old for a high school senior? Isn't that college age? It's so confusing. Personally, I would love it if they were college students- it makes more sense to push a marriage if they are legally adults and not HS kids. Plus I think it offers more possibilities for relationship development between the leads. 

19 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Are they really college students? I'm a bit confused about everyone ages and grade levels in this drama. The translation in episode 1 says Crown prince and Minnie are 19 years old and Kaning is a college freshman. (I'm assuming she is 19 years old as well since in the original K-Drama everyone was the same age and in the same grade) But they are all wearing what looks to me to be high school uniforms. So are they high school seniors? If they were in college wouldn't they be wearing regular clothes? But then isn't 19 old for a high school senior? Isn't that college age? It's so confusing. Personally, I would love it if they were college students- it makes more sense to push a marriage if they are legally adults and not HS kids. Plus I think it offers more possibilities for relationship development between the leads. 

I figured you've never watched a Thai drama set in a college before? Have you watched SOTUS or U-Prince? Both series are set in colleges but they're still wearing uniforms. That's because college/university students in Thailand have their respective college/university uniforms and the students are required to wear them, just like when they're in high school. 

4 hours ago, whitedove said:

I figured you've never watched a Thai drama set in a college before? Have you watched SOTUS or U-Prince? Both series are set in colleges but they're still wearing uniforms. That's because college/university students in Thailand have their respective college/university uniforms and the students are required to wear them, just like when they're in high school. 

Thanks for explaining about the uniforms, @whitedove. I didn't know that university students wore uniforms in Thailand. It still throws me off and will take some getting used to. It's nice to have it confirmed that they are college students in this drama. 

when is the next episode? imo this drama starts slow, plus with khaning way too childish overacting, it was actually pretty hard to continue watching but because i believe in this production so i continue. its getting interesting.. i cant wait for the next episode.

im already done with ep4 and ep5. unlike the korean version, it a little bit different.. with the bathing ceremony (or whatever its call because i already forgot) and they are sleeping in the same room..will they stay in the room. i remember the korean version, they only stay in the same room for the first night and later they have their own room.

i don't know whether the actors and actress are not that good.. or the director is plain bad. for me, its hard to watch this drama without hitting the fast forward button. i think their acting is not natural. its surprising, especially for ungsumalyn..i mean.. come on, she's a very experienced actress, she got tons of projects before and i saw her acting before.. (in hormones) and this is what she can do? only this? is it the character? ah.... i dont want to drop this.. i want to give alittle bit more trust in this production. pls be good.

Hi everyone!

Just an update about the episodes. The person who was fan subbing the drama on Youtube got a copyright notice so they had to take the videos down. However, she left a message that they will continue the project on her facebook page, You can find the message and links here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rTiu-seHrE

Just checked and it looks like the person will be leaving messages on the YT channel about episodes as well so I guess keep checking the YT channel. They just updaated their YT channel with message about episode 8. Be sure to check the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjnn76IETSM

On 5/20/2017 at 4:04 PM, yoyo_icecube said:

i don't know whether the actors and actress are not that good.. or the director is plain bad. for me, its hard to watch this drama without hitting the fast forward button. i think their acting is not natural. its surprising, especially for ungsumalyn..i mean.. come on, she's a very experienced actress, she got tons of projects before and i saw her acting before.. (in hormones) and this is what she can do? only this? is it the character? ah.... i dont want to drop this.. i want to give alittle bit more trust in this production. pls be good.

On the acting style, I think it must be more of director's style because I've seen the actors in other dramas and they are much more natural there. The male lead was great in Kiss Me, and others have said that the female lead was good in other dramas they saw so I don't think it's because they can't act. I think it's a combination of director and actor choices. I agree with you that the acting here can come off a bit unnatural. The female lead is often too ditzy and childish for my taste and the male lead too stiff. Also not liking the long pauses that happen when characters are talking.  I'm also having issues with the editing and pacing of this drama. I'm hoping as we get toward the halfway point that things will settle down and the acting won't be so exaggerated but more relaxed. Otherwise, I am enjoying the drama. 

58 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Hi everyone!

Just an update about the episodes. The person who was fan subbing the drama on Youtube got a copyright notice so they had to take the videos down. However, she left a message that they will continue the project on her facebook page, You can find the message and links here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rTiu-seHrE

Just checked and it looks like the person will be leaving messages on the YT channel about episodes as well so I guess keep checking the YT channel. They just updaated their YT channel with message about episode 8. Be sure to check the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjnn76IETSM

OMG, thank you so much!! It took me by surprised not seeing any videos at all on youtube

Archived