Horrible translation of the news article:

From Jang Hyuk to Lee Minhyeok ... Action drama 'Swordsman', 15th (Today)

[Star News]

The action drama 'The Swordsman' confirms major casts such as Jang Hyuk, Jung Man Sik, Jo Saslim, Choi Jin-ho, Kim Hyun-soo, 

Opus Pictures confirmed the "swordsman" cast and said that it will be the first shot.'Swordman' is a film about the story of the swordsmen who confronted the confusing situation that gets worse and worse day by day in the background of Joseon of Myeongcheong. 

0002622326_001_20170615081718701.jpg?type=w430_q70

Jang Hyuk is going to show his deep acting in a totally different shape with the characters he showed in the historical drama over the past as a swordsman with the secrets of the past.Indonesian actor Zota Slim, who has been active in 'The Rage of Anger' and 'Star Track: Beyond', plays the role of the ruthless Qing Dynasty Jangsu Gurutai in the first Korean film. 
Kim Hyun-soo, who played in Lee Myung-yoo station, 'Crucifix' and 'Goodbye single', will join the Tae-yi daughter Tae-ok and Jang Hyun-sung as a monarch in a confused era. Lee Min-hyeok, acting actor of BT-BB, will make his debut on the screen by acting as the king's guards. 

Actors said that they had already prepared for the pre-production stage, such as entering the Manchu language class with martial arts and equestrian training for four months already before the crank. The plan is to show the soul of the most swordsmen of the day, the sophisticated swordsmanship, the stylish action, and the realistic Manju language performance. 

Choi Jae- In the passion of the actors and staff, we have been thoroughly prepped for a long time and have been prepared to show original action and martial arts that we have never seen before. will do my best to work with a strong actor and staff. "Janghyuk said," It was awonderful scenario in which the harmony of the characters and the times was well harmonized. I wonder if a new action drama will be born. "I am looking forward to shooting with the good staff," said Kim Hyun-rok, reporter roky@mtstarnews.com <copyright holder ⓒ 'breaking news of real-timeentertainment sports, all star news' Star news, reprint andredistribution prohibited >

• Like 5

'Swordsman' starts shooting today.

The filmmaker, Choi Jae-hoon, announced on June 15 that filming for the movie "Swordsman will start today

The movie 'Swordsman' deals with the story of a swordsman who was confronted with the chaotic situation of Qing dynasty.

First of all, Jang Hyuk takes on the role of Tae-yul, a swordsman with a secret of the past, and exerts his acting in a totally different shape with the characters he has shown in the historical drama. Jung Man - sik is going to show the intense charisma that it disassembled into the best of the.

Joe Taslim, who is active in Hollywood, has played the role of the ruthless Qing Dynasty, Jangsu Guruta, who has no blood and tears. Actor Choi Jin-ho joins as Lee Myung-yo, and Kim Hyun-soo will act as Tae-yul's daughter Taeok. 

Lee Min-hyeok, from the group's BTOB, will debut on the screen by acting as the king's guards warrior suits.

The actors have been preparing for the pre-production stage since the start of the Manchu language classes with martial arts and horse riding training for four months already before the crank. In addition to the sophisticated swordsmanship, stylish action, and the smoke of Manchuria, the fresh look of the ball is further enhanced.

Choi Jae-hoon, director of 'Swordsman', said, "Through the pre-production process for a long time in the passion of actors and staffs, I have prepared my own actions and martial arts that I have never seen before. I will do my best to shoot, "he said. Jang Hyuk said, "It was a wonderful scenario in which the harmony of the times and the characters was well harmonized. I hope that a new action drama will be born.

i.aspx?Guid=2017%5C06%5C15%5C4962475ae6c

credit : http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/f71822bae83e3d09f71822bae83e3d09

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Kim Hyun-soo

Borned on 23 June 2000, she has starred in various dramas and films including Tree with Deep Roots, Bridal Mask and Solomon's Perjury.

Wow I'm so happy for this young actress! Kim Hyun Soo! Look at that movie credentials.! It's not just  'dramas" it's  brilliant dramas! And she starred with best actors  Jang Hyuk, Joo Won, and lastly with Jang Dong Yoon (very impressive young actor!). Now she's cast as JH daughter.  Another movie resume to build on. She was  impressive in Solomon's Perjury. Thanks for the update @Prettysup  Liking the script reading pics and cast ❤️️

"Directed by Choi Jae Hoon and produced by Opus Pictures('Man From Nowhere,' 'Snow Piercer'), filming for 'Swordsman"

This should be a good one! Prettysup, is this gonna be show next year?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Found this news of Jung Man-shik and Ji Seung-hyun dated 12th June, so the script reading was done earlier.

I heard script reading was on 9th June.

12 hours ago, jongski said:

Wow I'm so happy for this young actress! Kim Hyun Soo! Look at that movie credentials.!

Now she's cast as JH daughter.  Another movie resume to build on. 

This girl is talented and also knows how to choose her projects. Last year she was also in a movie with Kim Hye Soo and was praised for her performance. If she continues to be consistent then I believe she can be huge in future.

• Like 5

On 4/29/2017 at 1:29 PM, sava2sava said:

I don't think JH needs much training in swords

hello chingu :) nice to see a familiar name here... yeah I think the same.. I love him in Chuno! and his other action dramas too... but yet to watch Tree With Deep Roots...i must do that before Swordsman...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hmseen said:

hello chingu :) nice to see a familiar name here... yeah I think the same.. I love him in Chuno! and his other action dramas too... but yet to watch Tree With Deep Roots...i must do that before Swordsman...

@hmseen  Hois swordsmanshop was awsome in tree with deep roots check it out.. If you love maritial arts then it's for you.. O also loed Chuno but I think deep rooted tree had more swords fights then Chuno. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@hmseen  Hois swordsmanshop was awsome in tree with deep roots check it out.. If you love maritial arts then it's for you.. O also loed Chuno but I think deep rooted tree had more swords fights then Chuno. 

@sava2sava@hmseen I also love JH in Chuno! Him crying his heart out and I cried too.  just gotta wait for next year.  Hope we  can have a another drama before the yea ends,

5 hours ago, Guest said:
17 hours ago, jongski said:

Wow I'm so happy for this young actress! Kim Hyun Soo! Look at that movie credentials.!

Now she's cast as JH daughter.  Another movie resume to build on. 

This girl is talented and also knows how to choose her projects. Last year she was also in a movie with Kim Hye Soo and was praised for her performance. If she continues to be consistent then I believe she can be huge in future.

I agree. She chooses her projects very well. She's got that acting skills. and I agree, gonna be huge success and female lead in the future.

• Like 5

Na Ya is cast in the movie "Swordsman (Director Choi Jae Hoon, Produced by Opus Pictures)" and predicts the birth of a gorgeous actress.

The movie "Swordman" is a film about the story of the swordsmen who were confronted with the chaotic circumstances of the Joseon Dynasty and the changing day.

Na Ya has played the role of "Hwasun", which combines excellent swordsmanship and beauty. Hwasun is a passenger of 'Hwasangdang' who controlled the trade of the Joseon Dynasty and has a strong charisma with the hidden dagger of the hidden dagger.

The production team said that the image of Naya, which has both purity and strength, was judged to be suitable for Hwasun. Nya is proud of her beautiful appearance at 170cm. She has recently been featured in a wide variety of characters from sly female protagonist to revenge of incarnation, secret Russian bazaaram through SBS daily drama 'You Gift,' 'I'm Sorry Gangnam-gu' . Especially, she is fluent in Chinese and has a strong Chinese character.

Nya, who has been engaged in martial arts training with the filming of 'I am Sorry Gangnam-gu', is expecting the birth of an action actress connecting Hajiwon and Son Ye-jin.

1OH80VHA90_1.jpg

source : http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1OH80VHA90

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Hope we  can have a another drama before the yea ends,

I too want him to have a new drama. He is generally very reckless in choosing the projects. I wish his next role is not heroic but of a regular person. I don't want him to be covered in blood, filth and using physical stregth to solve the problems. Just want to see him as a sweet, sensitive and simple person as he looks in real life. I'm afraid he is being typecasted and he rarely gets to play a likable character. I wish he could play someone who can tug viewer's hearts. He has the capability so hope someone can utilize him. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

expecting the birth of an action actress connecting Hajiwon and Son Ye-jin

Hope she is also good. I don't think it's major role though.

• Like 4

@fiesty8001 hi there! I see it's your first post, welcomes. You know it's addicting, right? esp we love dramas and Jang Hyuk and the rest of them good actors.

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

I too want him to have a new drama. He is generally very reckless in choosing the projects. I wish his next role is not heroic but of a regular person. I don't want him to be covered in blood, filth and using physical stregth to solve the problems. Just want to see him as a sweet, sensitive and simple person as he looks in real life. I'm afraid he is being typecasted and he rarely gets to play a likable character. I wish he could play someone who can tug viewer's hearts. He has the capability so hope someone can utilize him. 

I was thinking JH for the k version of Million Stars Falling From The Sky but that's a dark character (by Kimura Takuya)

But yeah, I get what you mean and I'm with you. The last 3 dramas he's characters  rough, cold, aloof, no emotions. Maybe time to switch and find the drama that also showcase his  other side again.  So cool and funny in Fated to Love You..

@Prettysup I'm excited to see him Swordsman. The newcomer Na Ya, the article seems to in full praise of her. Even expecting to be good  even comparing to Ha JiWon, Son Ye Jin. Like feisty8001 said, hope she's good as well.   So two female cast. Talented Kim Hyun Soo, and now Na Ya. I'm gonna expect this movie to be good.  Thanks for update.  Oh, hope for new drama too.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jongski said:

@fiesty8001 hi there! I see it's your first post, welcomes.

Maybe time to switch and find the drama that also showcase his  other side again. 

The newcomer Na Ya, the article seems to in full praise of her. 

Thanks for welcoming me here but actually it was supposed to be 172th comment(with this profile). I don't know what happened but all of my previous comments are named under name 'Guest' now. This is my second reply to you.

Yes I'm dying to see his human side in dramas/movie. I hate seeing him in poor quality work.

Don't take it seriously. They always over-praise new actresses. 

• Like 4

Jang Hyuk, BTOB’s Lee Minhyuk, And Others Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Film

Upcoming historical action film “The Swordsman” (literal translation) has confirmed its cast!

The film confirmed its main cast members Jang Hyuk,Jung Man Sik, Joe Taslim,Choi Jin HoKim Hyun Soo,Jang Hyun Sung, and BTOB’sLee Minhyuk and began filming on June 15.

The Swordsman” explores the stories of swordsmen in Joseon during the Ming-Qing transition period.

Jang Hyuk will be playing the role of Tae Yool, a swordsman holding onto secrets from the past. Indonesian actor Joe Taslim is starring in his first Korean film as a cold-hearted commander of the Qing dynasty.The film’s director Choi Jae Hoon commented, “After thoroughly undergoing the pre-production stage for a long time with great passion, the actors and staff have finished preparations to demonstrate creative, never-before-seen action and martial arts scenes. I will work my hardest to while filming with the reliable actors and staff.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/15/jang-hyuk-btobs-lee-minhyuk-others-confirmed-star-upcoming-film/

• Like 3

Jang Hyuk and BTOB's Minhyuk begin filming for new historical action movie 'Swordsman'

Actors Jang Hyuk and BTOB's Minhyuk have officially begun filming for their new film 'Swordsman'. 

'Swordsman' is a movie set in the Joseon era that follows the story of a blind swordsman named Tae Yool and his daughter. Jang Hyuk will play the role of Tae Yool, a man of many secrets, and Jung Man Shik will portray Min Seung Ho, Joseon's greatest military official. 
Additionally, Choi Jin Ho will play the role of Lee Mok Yo, who is the military assistant in charge of the Qing Dynasty's 'Gurutai'. Kim Hyun Soo will play Tae Yool's daughter, Tae Ok, Jang Hyun Sung has grabbed the role of the Joseon King, and Minhyuk will be acting as the king's warrior. 

Director Choi Jae Hoon stated, "The actors and staff have shown great passion for the film. The filming process will be long, but we will try our utmost best to film well. Until now there has been nothing that combines action and art onscreen." Jang Hyuk also commented, "It is a wonderful screenplay that harmonizes the characters and the time period. A new action drama will be born." 

'Swordsman' is set to air sometime next year.

source : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/jang-hyuk-and-btobs-minhyuk-begin-filming-for-new-historical-action-movie-swordsman

• Like 2

Just reading the article gets me excited. I know it's for 2018 but still. Thank you updates, prettysup <3

I wanna see good sword fights and exhibition along terrific impressive acting. I know I will. If you happen to see the teaser for 2018 drama historical drama  "The Fame's Daughter" ( I'm also waiting to watch) it has a wuxia feel to it, you see  sword fights. Flying in the air and all that (check the c-drama thread, you'll see it)  Hoping to see  excellent Jang Hyuk skill for the movie.

• Like 2