[Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼

Go Seung Ji

Just finished watching ep 15...I feel a tinge of disappointment towards Kang Soo, first time I see him give up so quickly, he's had such a fighting spirit, it spoiled me. I'm also hugely disappointed at the 2 delivery guys that left for more money unlike the other one I guess had a more "valid" reason. 

I hope some day we get a drama where characters communicate with each other and not just pretend everything is ok and walk away. I thought the show had been doing that but not anymore. I guess we need added drama for the finale. 

My favorite scenes tonight were ALL the scenes that involved dimples...how funny was the kiss scene?! That girl is so hilariously naive. And, how handsome did he look leaning against the wall when they were sitting down on the floor and she was worried that he would hate her because her mom is evil! Screensaver :blush: 

I enjoyed watching KS and DA interact, they seemed so natural and seem to have really good chemistry with their little pecks. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

exactly, she's a bad boss. all her fired employees can sue her for unrightful firing. i secretly hope they do that hehe. and the lady manager who was not fired should be ashamed. she was not fired due to her 'creative' ideas, well we know her ideas came from JG's notebook.

p/s: who is HTF? huhu

htf is hometown friend. i saw in these page before.

the making of ep15&16

I know who HTF is, but I don't know HTF is a nickname for Home Town Friend :D 

I admire @triplem for your recap and screenshot, you are so amazing doing recap :blush:

I'm sad today is finale... :dissapointed_relieved:

I'm glad HTF not betraying KS, but being blackmailed by Mrs. Jung. He has cold face expression, so sometimes I thought he is a bad guy :D

I'm a little disappointed too with KS, KS promise DA to stay together through storm, but he should talk about it to DA. Instead he leaves DA only with a notes... Poor DA :dissapointed_relieved: Although I know, today episode will have a happy ending :) but I prefer KS have a talk first with DA

I hope today I will know about KS mother reason to leave KS behind. I really curious about it. 

And JG father too, why he resent JG so much

19 hours ago, triplem said:

@Yongzura Running late. Join u shortly 

Alright, good of you for calling me here straight away from the other thread ha ha... 

In another few minutes.

Continuation:

Dana is crying calling KS while he's on the train.

The men of SD is unsure what to do now.   They get a call from Dana and is surprised with what  is happening to KS.

Dana goes to see SJ to get info on KS's whereabouts.  She gets on the train to KS's hometown, based on the info she got from SJ.  KS's back at home feeling dejected, saying to his "late father" he's back.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/GZkbvnYK21Q

Dana is at KS's home.  He's surprise to see her, Dana slaps him.

As expected she scolds him about how he just leave her not as his promise.  She's trying to get KS to go back.  He doesn't want to and asks her to go.  He needs to be alone at the moment.  He leaves her again at his house.  He is actually crying.

In the mean time his friends are thinking of what really happenned.  MC tells them something is not right and ask to watch the CCTV and realises that the manager of the Jung family came to the restaurant that night.  

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/Wd96AFpm9r0

KS goes back to his house and thought Dana has left but she 's staying for now and prepared a meal for him.  KS's mother meets Dana on the way.  She thanks Dana for being there.

HS meets his mother at the bus stand and asks her why she's here.  He doesn't understand what is happening between them.  He threatens to ask KS if her mother doesn't tell him.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/ubMOaPuvD_I

The Delivery Man group are still discussing about  their company.  Good that they are still loyal to him as friends.  Dana asks KS to go back but he is still unsure.  Dana leaves him as her boss and with a notebook.  Is it his journal?

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/dBJRojgBWQE

KS is actually on the same coach and they sit together.  Back to square one... he asks for forgiveness and shares his fear to Dana.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/tNiiOT9AQJU

What a loyal friend they are... They are both back to the restaurant and KS's has a meeting with his friends online and offline.  He's back as a leader, Dana's hero. :wub:  They give him a standing ovation for his speech.  The three friends are back to their corporation.  :blush: 

Sun Jae  and Min Chan tells KS what happened before.  This is going to be a real WAR.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/Ay_DJ-RC6fg

JY is studying.. what a surprise.  They are having their usual talk.  Guess she's inspire to become an early education teacher.

What a surprise! JG's mother came to JY's rented room and takes him back to see JG's father.  Not sure why,  his father asks him to join him in the company.  He says NO!

13 minutes ago, triplem said:

Sounds like Dana is apologising for KS behalf to mum ? They also talk about KS dad.

danah said just said sorry to him, all she need to said is "im sorry" after all kangsoo is kind right?.

I think his mom said she dont think he will forgive her. i might be wrong at this part.

Jinkyu said to expend the delivery service. Not too focus on food delivery currently. Look for other opportunity, it is not only food need delivery service. If not wrong they short of money as starting, and then the friends collect money

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/Q1zce--6x-Q

KS brings the evidence to Mdm Jung but of course she's blaming the Manager. 

This is when KS ask her to help clear their name.  The manager and KS go to see the construction company that they bid on ,but it seems they can't do anything about the contract.

The four of them are having a meal together.  SA gets a call from the Ahjussi about his ex's location

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/qTWsn-oE66s

Both OTP are together working at the kitchen happily.  In the middle of conversation, Dana mention about his mother.  He doesn't want to hear about it.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/mhDxEDIZLXY

Both MC and Dana's housemate are walking together.  They look good together.  Someone else also sees them being together..

The news about what Madam Jung did was spread through the internet, guess now she gets her contract terminated and they are hired back.

SA and the Chef meets SA's ex at his place of work.  He's kneeling for a forgiveness, SA has the last word.  He also can't help Mdm Jung with her business.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/URT5kwEIXkM

I'm crying seeing HS goes to KS calling him "hyung"  He knows he's his real brother.

Their mother comes. He's scolding her and brings up the matter about his father.

She's telling him the truth, will KS be able to accept her explanation.  He pushes her away.  Dana overheard their conversation, she's crying too.

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/bgpfYFZ3DM8

The next morning, HS wakes up and calls him Hyung.  They hug each other.

Finally, they won the war.  The Jung's family restaurant is close / bankrupt. 

JY goes back home and tries to comfort her mother.  JG is there too.  Both couples look good together.

-------------------------------------------

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/DfTafWAcSIE

Epilogue:

JG and JY seems to have their own business.  (JY becomes a kindergarten teacher)

KS and his mother's relationship are slowly getting better too.

Dana is back in school and has lots of fans.  She told them she's interested in someone like KS and they kiss.

THE END.

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

oh gosh  @cherrycokez and other chingus...it has finally ended!!! I feel so sad to say goodbye...Thanks @Yongzura for being my partner in crime with all the live caps since the beginning.  Glad it was such a satisfying happy end ....

I will put in some screen caps in a while

Thanks to you too.  :blush:  It is quite an enjoyment for me too.

However I fear that there are some mishearing somewhere too. Sorry about it.  Will correct them afterwards.  

It will only end after watching it again with sub.

Wow.. kang so yaa..u look so handsome n cool on ur motorbike.. i'd droll here :D

Love d hair style also.. so so handsome mr ceo.. hihihi..

And d ending is so beautiful.. love every good people got their happy ending.. a good message from this drama.. always be kind.. be strong at every storm.. bcoz there will be a beautiful rainbow waiting for u when u believe in it..

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼 - The End

Happy ending for all....❤❤❤❤❤

DanaAh look in last scene was amazing. 

Kang soo and hyun soo scene make me cry (word real brothers by hyun soo and tears falling down.)

KS still don't know about JY as jung family member .

Both JY and JG together❤❤❤.

watched with subs. nearly everything was tied in pretty bow. maybe too pretty. haha

my thoughts from the final episode:

MC and JG would make a great business team. both are business minded and calm and collected when faced with challenges during their tenure in SD company. MC was the one who stepped up and said something is not right and went on to investigate. JG gave out creative ideas, i liked his idea to expand the business for all types of services and not only limit to restaurant row. KS on the other hand goes with his heart, he is the glue that brings everyone together but business wise he wouldnt get anywhere without business minded people like MC and JG. 

JY showed great character when she came and met her mother, they may not be not on the same page all the time but JY stepped up when her mother was down. she was sweet and kind and wasnt condescending in any way.

JY ending up as a kindergaten teacher is so cute. JG being the kiddie van driver with her brings the cuteness to another level. (i'm biased for JY-JG haha, their transition from bickering frenemies to a couple was nicely done)

JG finally met with his family and decided to walk away. i dont think this scene was actually neccesary but i guess it shows JG's dad acknowledging his son is a good businessman(?). heh

KS-HS-mom scene was an ok addition to the final episode. maybe its better KS gets closure about why his mum left him as a kid. but imo, if the scene wasnt there i wouldnt have felt anything:ph34r:.

MC and DA's friend are also cute together. the scene where GY was letting go of DA's friend was funny, thanks to the background music.

DA have found peace i guess with not leaving the country as long as she is with KS. they could have elaborated that instead of shoeing in other arcs such as KS mum, JG's parents etc. maybe DA and KS now are super rich so hell joseon doesnt quite apply to them anymore <_<.

Well, I've watched 15 and 16 with subs and the Strongest Deliveryman is one of the few series I've enjoyed throughout lately. 

Ko Gyung-Pyo is a fabulous actor.  This is the fourth series I've watched him in.

-Reply 1988

-Jealousy Incarnate

-Chicago Typewriter

and now Strongest Deliveryman.

I don't have a "fan" personality. I mostly care about the actor's work I'm watching and not . . . whatever interest idol fans.

Despite admiring KGP's craft, I was seriously disappointed with Jealousy Incarnate.  I didn't finish the series even though it having actors (Kong Hyo-Jin, Cho,Jung-Seok, Lee Mi-Sook) whose work I usually admire.  

In Reply 1988, Chicago Typewriter and Strongest, Ko Gyung-Pyo's work was exquisite.  HIs skills shone brightest in scenes where he had few or no words to express his feelings. He was brilliant. I hope he keeps getting scripts worthy of his talent.  Because no matter how talented an actor is, if the script is crap, it is difficult to rise above it.

Strongest Deliveryman is a bruising socio-political critique of Korean society disguise as a Rom-Com.  It was well executed. There have been a lot of series dealing the the corruption and oppressive nature of Korean ruling class but few have been as up-lifting. I am not sure if that is the right word.

I'm been noticing a broadening in the depiction of women on Korean dramas recently.  If seems that the insane-entitled,  arrogant, manipulative,  privilege-poisoned  second female leads have been on hiatus. Instead we rich young women, who like women with less income and social capital, are struggling to find their place in this work.    

Byun Hye-Young from My Father is Strange was a lovely addition to the depiction of smart, beautiful, competent Korean women. 

Lee Ji-Yoon was another wonderful addition to k-drama repertoire of Korean woman.  Even more than "Ice-Cream" in Protect the Boss JY showed the "golden cage" nature of being the daughter of a rich family.  Despite her background she was not arrogant and entitled.  When she was "in love" with Kang-Soo she did none of the usual manipulation and stuff expected of second female leads used to getting her own way.  I think one of the most touching scenes was when JY asked Oh Jin Gyu if it was okay for her to love him.  Those two have traveled great distances from the beginning of the drama to the end.

I began to appreciate Chae Soo-Bin's work as Dan-Ah more later in the series.  Strongest Deliveryman is more of a fable or folktale than a fairytale. Were it a fairytale,  Madame Jung would have been Kang-Soo's mother or Jin Gyu's dad would have bailed them out of the financial corner.  But I think it is a fable because it eschewed magic as a viable solution and avoid Deus Ex-Machina solutions and instead found resolution in each small person putting his/her effort towards the group goal. So the moral of the fable is that the poor can succeed living an ethical life if they band together.

For a long time I believed that Kang-Soo would have been mistaken about his mother's behavior.  But no, he was right.  Again the series took the opportunity to show how the oppressive nature of the socio-economic system results in ordinary people making awful choices.

Kang-Soo has been fighting within that oppressive system since his mother left to be a "good person" even when everything conspired to prove that "good people" without power gets chewed up by the system. I totally understood why after fighting he seemed to have given up.  But then being Kang-Soo the surrender wasn't because he was tired, but because he wanted to protect his friends. 

There is "tons" more that could be said, but none of it has to be said so . . . 

I wish @baduy hadn't let the forum in frustration with Soompu.  His insights adds so much to the experience.

Archived