[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下

sugarplum892

Spoiler

we need to cherish this moment of ning yi playfulness because there will be no retreat from him the moment he turns fully dark.When it comes to feng zhi wei im eager to see her cunning side but since the beginning of the drama we have only seen her as smart ,witty and a little clueless but i hope to see her too go fully and cunning in the future . i'm saying this because when i watched the trailer although she changed she seems to only act angry with ningyi and i really want to see her  do more than that .

Also ,from the the episodes i have watched so far i think that even the crown prince has more scenes than than feng zhi wei , ningyi has his own thing going on but not zhi wei.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, maplinh said:

So I found the Vietnamese subs to this show... except I can’t understand it with my basic Việt. My parents had no trouble understanding it though, but they were too lazy to translate AHSHDHDHSJS. I have a basic understanding of the first episode so there’s that. If anyone is fluent in Vietnamese, HALP

How to help you lol

11 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

@MikiRei I've only watched up till episode 13. It is getting interesting isn't it?

I like Ning Yi but I wish the days of him acting like a fool to his brothers and emperor will be over soon.

To be honest, I'm enjoying the pace. Some people are complaining how it's too slow but I actually enjoy it. 

The other thing is I find it realistic. All the scheming and plotting is never enough. There's always an element of chaos and unknown that you can't control. It also shows that Ning Yi and his cohort are not always invincible in their schemes. They fail or didn't predict one of the possibilities and have to re-plan. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maplinh said:

Can someone translate? They look cute but I don’t know what they’re saying lmao

Staff: Ni Jie, can't you just lean on him and look at him a bit.

Nini: I'm not leaning!

Kun: Lean!

Nini: Are you gonna hide my light?!

Kun: Oh my old waist. Can' you use some strenght?

Nini: Look how thick your waist is! What are you afraid of?!

Kun: But I'm tired!/I have no strenght!

Kun: Where do you want me to put my hand?

Staff: Are you sad that it's only filming Kun?

Kun: Of course she will. Of course she will be sad! The moment she sees me, she will be so sad... the fact that I'm so good looking

Nini: *Burst out in laugher*

Kun: When she saw how different we are of each other. How can she not be sad? I'm even sad

Nini: I found my match/opponent

(In narcissism)

Kun: Please, you were never my match (Meaning he is way more narcissistic than her)

Kun: Record me first! Why are you filming my hand? Add another camera

Nini: Male actors are so hard to serve. So hard. There's only one camera filming me, did I say something?

Nini: Do I need to act even more relying on him?

Staf: Yes, yes, yes

Nini: You disformed my face

Kun: Your hat is poking my face

Nini: Oh my old waist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/24/2018 at 11:13 AM, mrsj3n said:

But.... I dozed off watching episode 16.

I'm not doing it justice but there's really too much talking.. :flushed:

Will rewatch it as I do see that it is getting interesting.

Errrrm.....A LOT is going on in that episode....yeah, you probably should re-watch it.....

It's the politics and the scheming that makes the show so.....the talking is kind of needed.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just found out that our local publisher will release the last 4 volumes of the novel within this year. Yey! So this reminded me to check the thread. How is everyone liking the drama? Just checking in - don't spoil me please since I will watch it. 

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

I just found out that our local publisher will release the last 4 volumes of the novel within this year. Yey! So this reminded me to check the thread. How is everyone liking the drama? Just checking in - don't spoil me please since I will watch it. 

To be honest, I'm getting bored and the political schemes and etc. I'm getting tired of it.

The princess is getting on my nerve. For being a plain spoil brat and blind to the wrong. 

Feng Zi Wei  / Wei Zi is getting on my nerve for being so gullible and naive in her beliefs.

Even now.. I'm finding fault with Ning Yi's voice.

I'm a fan of this drama but the latest few episodes just gets on my nerve so it's 

tenor.gif?itemid=10929925

• LOL 1

56 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

To be honest, I'm getting bored and the political schemes and etc. I'm getting tired of it.

The princess is getting on my nerve. For being a plain spoil brat and blind to the wrong. 

Feng Zi Wei  / Wei Zi is getting on my nerve for being so gullible and naive in her beliefs.

Even now.. I'm finding fault with Ning Yi's voice.

I'm a fan of this drama but the latest few episodes just gets on my nerve so it's 

^ Thanks for sharing your experience. I saw some fans discussing how the changes from novel too and a major complaint was how they simplify Feng Zi Wei / Wei Zi's character (similar to how Fuyao was changed) to enhance the male leads' characters. I am prepared but am looking to this drama anyways.

If I am not wrong, the changes from the novel to drama is about 90% so not much is original from the novel except the names and characters I guess. :D

The problem is.... I don't see any enhancement to the male lead's character. :sweatingbullets:

The character for Feng Zi Wei / Wei Zi is so far still naive despite facing hardships / witnessed bad things!

I'm not seeing any character growth as she simply just won't listen!

It's infuriating for me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, harris09brown said:

Hi....I normally watch maplesatage and dramaq, but I can't watch either of them,  if anyone knows  a streaming link could you please private message me......?:cry:

Try to add a VPN. You can just watch it on Mango TV online if you turn your VPN to China