[Movie 2006] 200 Pounds Beauty/secret Of The Beauty 미녀는 괴로

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jinky

I really enjoyed this movie but I wish they explained why he had her dog. I am assuming that she dropped her dog at his house but then that does not make sense because she was so surprised at seeing her dog at his house. It makes it seem like he had some sort of feelings for her when she was "fat" but it does not seem like that was the case.

Whatever message the movie relays, it does not change the fact that he probably would not have noticed her if she did not become "beautiful."

Nevertheless, this movie is one of my favs. It made me burst out in laughter and cry ten minutes later, and that just attests to the surprisingly good acting from the actress. This movie could have easily become a weak, shallow movie, but there was depth and comedy which flowed so naturally from the actors. I do hope though that "fat" women do not really do some of that extreme stuff as shown in the movie. Although I am Korean, I have only been to Korea once. If so, that is a really sad reality that society really needs to address.

Guest amane86

I really enjoyed this movie but I wish they explained why he had her dog. I am assuming that she dropped her dog at his house but then that does not make sense because she was so surprised at seeing her dog at his house. It makes it seem like he had some sort of feelings for her when she was "fat" but it does not seem like that was the case.

I think i can answer the question on her dog. She simply pick a house and dumped her dog at the very beggining, she doesnt even know that's his house. hahaha! then when she's back in her slimming body shape, she's kinda surprise that she dumped her dog with him! hahahahaha!

Guest Devache

I was waiting for this movie for a long time, and it didn't disappoint at all.

I love the song sang by Byul, Youme, I think or so it was called when I checked it out on the Net.

My korean is half-baked, but I felt very touched by the lines Kim Ah Joong said when she broke down in front of the concert stage..

Something along the lines of "I've lost my friends, my father, and myself...... I miss myself. I miss Kang Hanna."

Someone tell me I got the gist of it, because that would have been such a fine line in a dialogue.

everytime the DVD release date seem so near they keep delaying it again !! ARGHHHH!! ..but it good to hear the movie as good as expected .cant wait to watch

anyway below an interview with the director ...some times ago .pretty interesting interview ~

=========

On the big screen, being thin still rules

‘200-Pounds Beauty’ sets new record for romantic comedies

January 23, 2007

23082953.jpg

Kim A-jung in ‘200-Pounds Beauty.’ Provided by KM Culture

He is noted for his heartwarming comedies. One second you’re laughing your head off, and the next you’re grabbing a tissue. But that’s not all.

Director Kim Yong-hwa has tried to challenge the bias against various “physical disorders” in Korean society, whether it was a young man with a physical disability in “Oh Brothers” or a young obese woman in “200-Pounds Beauty,” his latest film.

But Kim’s works aren’t all about social justice.

After all, he makes “modest commercial movies” intended for the general public, as a local critic once put it. Publicity for the director’s new film so far has been overwhelming.

It has drawn over 5 million people, breaking box office records for the romantic comedy genre. Critics are expecting it to pass the 6-million mark achieved by “My Boss and My Hero 2,” the biggest hit in the history of Korean comedies.

His latest film may lack the intricate plot twists of the original story, which is based on a Japanese comic book, but it has earned critics’ praise for being “a well-made commercial film.” Perhaps Kim is making a name for himself in humanistic comedies.

Q. What’s it like to reach 5 million viewers with a film you’ve directed?

A. I had a feeling that this would be a somewhat bigger hit than “Oh Brothers” (over 3.2 million) since the mood among the film crew more vibrant while we were shooting. I expected about 3 to 3.5 million people, but not this. My only thoughts after the figure went over 3 million were to do a good job on my next film.

23083009.jpg

in ‘200-Pounds Beauty.’ Provided by KM Culture

What do you see as the reason for the film’s success?

My standard for making a good movie is to ask myself whether the story interests me and whether I can be confident that it will also entertain audiences. If these two factors aren’t there, it is easy to fail as a commercial movie director. But most of all, I found shooting “200-Pounds Beauty” to be entertaining.

It also touched on plastic surgery, which a lot of women are interested in. That’s why I thought the film had a chance.

The film is one of the few adaptations that has been successful in Korea. What were your main concerns?

I practically wrote the script from scratch and the heroine went through full-body surgery. The original comic book was funny, but I just wanted to borrow the spirit of the story. I decided it could damage the film if we brought in every episode, story and character from the book to the movie.

I integrated real interviews from plastic surgeons and their clients into the film. The overall impression I got from the original story was one of “pain.” It was a story about the cruel reality where looks decide social status. I twisted the sad reality of the original into a comedy.

Doesn’t the film’s ending, where even Hannah (Kim A-jung)’s friend chooses to go through plastic surgery, reinforce the idea that you have be beautiful to be happy?

I am not too fond of didactic movies that tell my views on plastic surgery or anything else, and make that a major part of the plot. The ending is meant to provoke viewers to reflect on themselves, and realize no one is completely free from his/her appearance while knowing that looks aren’t everything. I presume the viewers got the point.

Kim A-jung made this movie into a big hit in the end, but you must have been concerned at first. I heard you originally had her playing A-mi, the lip-sync singer.

Casting Kim was difficult since she is better known for her glamorous image than for being a serious actress. I decided the film’s success depended on the character of Hannah Kang. For about two months I wrote Kim detailed notes for each scene, outlining what the role requires. We did countless rehearsals. I even acted out some of the scenes myself so that Kim could shake off her shyness. Every scene ended up being a process. The director threw out plan A, the actress brought in plan B, and we ended up shooting plan C, a combination of the two. Kim is a sensitive actress. She cried at a party before we went into shooting. It really comes down to a matter of the actor’s attitude. As I saw Kim grow into the part, I became certain this was going to work.

Songs, such as “Maria” sung by Kim A-jung, contributed to the popularity of this movie.

I actually worked with the musical director of this movie, Lee Jae-hak [a member of “Loveholic,” a famous Korean alternative rock band], in my college days when we played music together. We’ve been friends for 16 years now. My background in music helped me to integrate musical elements into a cinematic vision.

I had already picked out eight original soundtracks before Lee came on board. As I wrote the scenes, I was already thinking about the music that could go with them. There were plenty of complaints that “Maria” was too old-fashioned, but I was stubborn, saying I had picked it for Hannah to sing on stage. Lee agreed with me all the way.

What is your philosophy for directing comedies?

Comedy starts off with pain. But is it really best to portray that pain in a painful way? If one has really experienced pain, and really gone to the depth of it, I doubt one will really put a raw edge on it. I am drawn to a movie that contains both joy and sadness, and at the same time remains simple and light. My answer to comedy is to include both “a teardrop and a smile.”

What are you planning for your next movie?

If I find a story that I am confident in, I make it into a film. I went to college, majoring in film studies for 10 years due to financial problems, but my graduation piece, “Salted Mackerel,” received awards at international film festivals (both in Rochester and Houston). I made my directorial debut without ever working as a crew member on a movie set. I am one lucky guy. I want my third film to be more mature, one that has a wider emotional range and gives the public more satisfaction.

By Yang Seong-hee JoongAng Ilboestyle@joongang.co.kr

from

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2871589

Guest ponkie

I just realize that most of the songs in this movie are remakes. :D I knew that song in the begin was familiar; its Janet Jackson.

I love the OST nonetheless.

KAJ's voice is absolutely adorable!

Guest Jangoon

oh man this movie ownedddddd i was waiting for it soo longgg!! OMG kim ah joong is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HOTTTTTTTTTTTT man.. my friend who slept over was like jerking off while watching haha.. lol man shes freaking hot! she lost tons of weight from haeshin.. did she do surgery?

Guest puppyiz

200 POUNDS BEAUTY [2006] 미 녀 는 괴 로 워

Mi-nyeo neun Goi -ro-wa

tyl4fg.jpg

Based on a (Suzuki Yumiko ) Japanese comics series, this movie reveals how an overweight girl changes herself into a gorgeous temptress with the help of today's advanced plastic surgery.

[Those who have watched Gwyneth Paltrow play a 300-pound woman in "Shallow Hal" may find the scenes here a bit familiar.]

Production Crew

Directed by Kim Yong Hwa (Oh! Brothers)

Screenplay : Noh Hye Yeong

Music : Lee Jae Hak

Art Director: Jang Geun Young

Genre : Comedy / Romance

Opened on 14th December 2006 (South Korea)

Homepage (Korean) : CLICK HERE

Runtime : 120mins.

Production Company : KM Culture Co. (Korea) Distribution : Showbox

The Casts

imgmovistrt3.jpg

The Leads :

Kim Ah Jung 김아중 as Kang Han Na

Joo Jin Mo 주진모 as Sang Jun

beatuy5bd0.jpg

Supporting Casts :

Kim Hyeon Sook 김현숙 (Han Na's bestfriend)

Seong Dong Il 성동일 (Son of owner of Prod. Company)

Kim Yeong Geon 김용건 (Owner of the Prod. Company)

Im Hyeon Sik 임현식 (Han Na’s father)

Lee Han Wi 이한위 (plastic surgeon)

Seo Yun

Park Hwi Sun

Park No Sik 박노식 (Jajjangmyeon delivery man)

Lee Won Jong 이원종

Ryoo Seung Soo

Lee Bum Soo (the taxi man)

THE STORYLINE

Kang Han Na initially weighs 95 kg with a height of 169 cm.

Eventhough this doesn't meet the standards of Korean actresses, singers and entertainers Han Na has always been a bright & light-hearted girl.

With a charming voice and a talent for singing, she works in an entertainment agency as an understudy singer (lip-sync vocalist) for Ammy, a famous, beautiful yet tone-deaf singer.

Han Na's nightly job is to chat with sleazy clients on a phone sex service network.

Han Na's penchant for making money reflects her lifelong dream to be a beautiful (or just normal) girl. With the money, she believes she can get plastic surgery, erase her previous fat-girl identity and reboot as a slim and sexy girl.

“Sang Jun will not care about superficial beauty “ Han Na says to herself.

She believes this handsome music producer Sang Jun (JOO JIN MO ) will be different.

The turning point comes when Han Na realizes she's just being used and abused because of her weight, and her appearance really matters.

Han Na undergoes drastic head-to-toe surgery and is a transformed beauty!

Actress KIM AH JOONG actually she weighs 48 kg and is 169 cm tall.

Thanks to a renowned Hollywood special make-up team led by Kris Kobzina and Christopher Burgoyne, Kim Ah Joong looks quite different in the film. She appears grossly overweight although her face is still vaguely recognizable.

Available @ this Clubbox : CLICK HERE FOR CD1&2

Guest puppyiz

jjmbeautyeq2.jpg

At the Press Conference :

L-R : Director Kim Yong Hwa / Kim Ah Jung & Joo Jin Mo

puppyizbeauty3aou2.jpg

puppyizbeauty1avk6.jpg

puppyizbeauty3co5.jpg

puppyizbeauty2agg5.jpg

puppyizbeautycf1hy8.jpg

source : starnews / newsen / mydaily

Guest puppyiz

Kim Ah Jung's BYUL

(Anyone care to help translate / romanize this beautiful lyrics ??)

김아중-

바람결이 창을 흔들고

내 키만한 작은 나의 방 위로

아름답게 별빛들을 가득 채워 주내요.

많..이 아파 하지마

날 꼭안은채 다독여주며

잘자라 위로해 주…네요.

걷지 못할 만큼 힘에 겨워아파와도

눈물이 앞을 가려 와도 갖지 못할 내

사랑 앞에도 난 웃을 래~요.

잠시라도 곁에 행복해던 기억들을~

가 슴에 간직 할게요.

두눈에 수 놓아진 저 별들 처럼… 영 - 원 –히

puppyizbyul1pj9.jpg

puppyizbyulbg4.jpg

Guest puppyiz

Some BTS / movie stills to share with everyone right here.

[ These caps refers to scenes from CD2 @ 06:19mins ]

bb4zu8.png

bb5ln1.png

bb1fw6.png

bb3oa5.png

bb6nq1.png

bb2yz0.png

credits: cine21.com

Archived