Quantcast
acklexxx

[Thai Drama 2017] Two Moons

25 minutes ago, deltos said:

Seems like the producer has confirmed the same cast for 2m3...no word on director yet.  I think they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they changed...then again we don't know what went on behind closed doors...so we can only wait...:phew:

I liked 2 Moons, but I loved 2 Moons 2. It would be illogical (in my mind) if they changed a working formula. But, as you say we don't know what went on behind closed doors and nothing is set in stone when it comes to the entertainment industry. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes, i'm very curious too will they hire Anusorn for s3 or not. Because if they don't there will be a lot of noise from his b****squad.

But i think most important work which should be done is the script. They need to really think how to fill in s3 with plots but do not messed up the characters and avoid unnecessary drama.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I liked 2 Moons, but I loved 2 Moons 2. It would be illogical (in my mind) if they changed a working formula. But, as you say we don't know what went on behind closed doors and nothing is set in stone when it comes to the entertainment industry. 

The production quality of 2M distracted me so much...at times I thought I was watching a 1st year's film school group project.  Yeah I'm queeny like that...if the entrance isn't pretty...I'm not going in !. So when you have a director with a cinematic background..you get a entirely different look and feel...loved 2M2.  I guess the smaller production houses always have to play the game...not like gmmtv who can call the shots... we'll have to play the wait see ....  We know the director is working on the sequel to PP right now...so perhaps when that is in the can , we'll know something. Until then...there's always rewatch !!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aniola said:

Yes, i'm very curious too will they hire Anusorn for s3 or not. Because if they don't there will be a lot of noise from his b****squad.

But i think most important work which should be done is the script. They need to really think how to fill in s3 with plots but do not messed up the characters and avoid unnecessary drama.

Well the original director, before Aam wrote the screenplay....even though he was replaced as director for medical reasons. Not sure if he's going to do the screenplay again...I think it might be a packaged deal...both are friends.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deltos said:

The production quality of 2M distracted me so much...at times I thought I was watching a 1st year's film school group project.  Yeah I'm queeny like that...if the entrance isn't pretty...I'm not going in !. So when you have a director with a cinematic background..you get a entirely different look and feel...loved 2M2.  I guess the smaller production houses always have to play the game...not like gmmtv who can call the shots... we'll have to play the wait see ....  We know the director is working on the sequel to PP right now...so perhaps when that is in the can , we'll know something. Until then...there's always rewatch !!:rolleyes:

That is so true. I'm rewatching Hormones 1, 2 and 3 again. I always have to rewatch programs from the very beginning.  

• Like 1

Well,  Hoe that I am...I always have something on the side...in this case, Love and Destiny...Chinese  fantasy drama...it's 60 episodes, and I'm only on 20....THEN I'll do rewatches...:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deltos said:

Well,  Hoe that I am...I always have something on the side...in this case, Love and Destiny...Chinese  fantasy drama...it's 60 episodes, and I'm only on 20....THEN I'll do rewatches...:lol:

Thanks and i'll add that one to my list. I love the really long dramas. I've nearly finished watching Untamed and I'm also watching Tomb of the Sea.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:
  20 hours ago, deltos said:

Seems like the producer has confirmed the same cast for 2m3..

No no no, they must change the change, one different cast for every season! When you start something, you must end in the same way. With a new cast for s3, maybe we will got a more active plot! And change serie's director as well, for the sake of disappointed viewers!

• Confused 2

No reason to be confused, they changed cast from s1 to s2, why not change again for s3? It is just a logic question. I half enjoyed s1 because of Ming/Kit couple only. For the realisation, we already was into chamalow world. For s2, the ground collapse under my feet, total casting change. Only one actor please to my eyes (and feeling), the one playing Beam/Dome helped me to maintain a little interest. That's why i think they must to follow the same concept to change complete cast again, and if possible director as well (for a more nervous work). If not, i'm afraid to start to doze at 1st ep's half time...:phew:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

No reason to be confused, they changed cast from s1 to s2, why not change again for s3? It is just a logic question

Spoiler

It wasn't an arbitrary change.  It was a case of one production company owning the rights to the story, another owning the right to the actors. That happened almost two years ago and from what I read it wasn't that pleasant...anyway. When the owner of the story ( MELLO) decided to continue the 2m story...they went with new actors because they didn't have the rights to the original actors. The current actors are ALL ( remember godt had a different mgt company) under the same company - the ones who own the story rights...so unless one of the new actors chose not to be a part of 2m3--it will be the same actors...and maybe even director - it's just good business and at the end of the day...if you don't make money...you just don't make it.  It wasn't the the original cast wasn't chosen - they just were not contractually available. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

No no no, they must change the change, one different cast for every season! When you start something, you must end in the same way. With a new cast for s3, maybe we will got a more active plot! And change serie's director as well, for the sake of disappointed viewers!

You forgot to advise to change producers as well.:D

If something doesn't work it not always employees fault but employers too.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 9/14/2019 at 7:12 PM, aniola said:

As expected: just about two minutes of MingKit and half of it was shown in preview (who do that!?).-_-

Yes!! WHO ??? :angry:

:blink:

Edited by mellialuna
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, aniola said:

You forgot to advise to change producers as well.:D

If something doesn't work it not always employees fault but employers too.

Into my knowledge, producers have no responsability into serie's quality. They have to take money risk and to deal with sponsors and shareholders, but i can easily admit they can be include into the list , because i also think they are part of this weird family!:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, deltos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It wasn't an arbitrary change.  It was a case of one production company owning the rights to the story, another owning the right to the actors. That happened almost two years ago and from what I read it wasn't that pleasant...anyway. When the owner of the story ( MELLO) decided to continue the 2m story...they went with new actors because they didn't have the rights to the original actors. The current actors are ALL ( remember godt had a different mgt company) under the same company - the ones who own the story rights...so unless one of the new actors chose not to be a part of 2m3--it will be the same actors...and maybe even director - it's just good business and at the end of the day...if you don't make money...you just don't make it.  It wasn't the the original cast wasn't chosen - they just were not contractually available. 

Well, this is technical explanation, so on this point of view, nothing to say. In fact, my first point of view  (pov) is made from an international lambda viewer, which didn't need to enter into this kind of consideration. My thoughts are made from my feeling i always have when you appreciate a movie/serie because of some actors that i like more than others (for some reasons), and they magically dissapear for let their place to newbies! Imagine Captain and White replace by shacking rookies, for pass from s1 to s2! For 2m2, the plot continue the story on same rhythm as for s1. I already told why i followed it (Ming/Kit couple only). Anyway, i saw and judge it on a "philosophical" pov, than a technical one.

BTW, thanks for this interesting infos (i already knew a little). I can just regret this bitter salad annoyed and frustated me during all eps! I miss a lot Kim Varodom Khemmonta as Ming character!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Well, this is technical explanation, so on this point of view

That is all I have, I'm sorry:(..I will admit that I have no emotional tie-end to the original - however, I do understand your POV. 

10 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Imagine Captain and White replace by shacking rookies, for pass from s1 to s2!

Well there's already been a S2 so it's been five years that we are waiting for a S3- well we did get reminders...however I do get what you are saying.  funny you should mention them - they both will be on School Rangers this week...Captain being the guest player...

ah well , it's over now the #TheSixMoons ( as they are called now) are wading into the special appearance, fanmeet, etc waters...until the S3 which there will be.

• Like 2

Confirmed...there will be a TwoMoons3....with the original actors..(only the director was changed).  And yes, there is drama...there are speculations as to why but no definitive statement as to why the current director was replaced.  Snippets of original convo below...you can follow the threads if you choose... Where's  RuPaul when you need her...she'd get these Queens in order....<sigh>

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

That's such a bad attitude.

I know you will tell me, money, money, money but it's just nasty!

Spoiler

Who said that?

Even if I don't appreciate more than that his work!

I think the big problem is the plot more than the direction but anyway!

I'm shocked!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

That's such a bad attitude.

I know you will tell me, money, money, money but it's just nasty!

No...I'm gonna say drama, drama. drama...it was tacky to say the least...there's more to this than meets the eye..and we may never know the truth...I always think that Twitter is the cowards way out...every body doesn't need to know...I liked the director...only because I knew his prior work. I might not have watched 2m2 if it wasn't him directing because 2m for me was..........anyway this is like reality TV let's see how it plays out...it is the entertainment business - things change over night !! Money does talk.:phew: A lot will depend on what the sponsors think and feel...if they start pulling out...lot's of things change.

• Like 3

I've had feeling that Aam won't be hired for 2m3, and that why i was worry about it since fans reaction was predictable. But producers should have been smarter and deal with it behind close doors. I mean they couldn't not see fans gathering around Anusorn, and it was not hard to predict who in this situation will turned up to be villain in fans eyes.

15 minutes ago, deltos said:

there's more to this than meets the eye..and we may never know the truth...

Totally. I mean there should be a reason why producers have forbidden director interact with boys in real life. (So it was so sweet to see them hugging after watching final ep.) And also why he was obviously backed off from final work on the series (like montage/cutting/editing - not sure what term is correct) except for making engsub.

15 minutes ago, deltos said:

I always think that Twitter is the cowards way out...every body doesn't need to know...

Agree. I really dislike when producers, directors, managers, etc. start communicate with each other through social media in such... let say... emotional way.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, deltos said:

No...I'm gonna say drama, drama. drama...it was tacky to say the least

I didn't know this word, I will try to remember...

That is for sure we won't ever have the real story except behind the wall, with no mike and no camera; and yet!

But this world (the background one) is so far from the series...

Each time I told myself not to care about it and each time I'm stunned (my naivety is beyond repairs :huh: :))! 

• Like 1