Quantcast
Jump to content
acklexxx

[Thai Drama 2017] Two Moons

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, deltos said:

The big question : is there an audience for GL written like BL ? 

I don't think so. I actually thought about it too. That's why i suggested not GL series but just one couple. Tbh, i'm not myself an audience for g/g content, i'll still prefer watching (or read about) boys if i have to choose. But if we can have straight couples alongside with male ones then why there can't be female's too.

 

16 minutes ago, deltos said:

what wasn't normal was Wayo sitting n the bar playing a video game. Seriously ? Who does that ? It was such a Dad/Son moment...""here...the grownups are going to talk now"

I was facepalming from this moment too. It have some logic though, Yo really could be bored sitting there. But this scene could be staged differently, Yo could play with his own phone at least. Or there wasn't even point to make him occupied since of course he will listen what Pha and Forth are talk about. Who wouldn't.))

 

55 minutes ago, deltos said:

Would it have been so hard to have Forth say, " he's mine, he's my husband ? "

I think "mine" perfectly fill full the meaning that they all put in the word "wife". And sounds much-much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aniola said:

It's not like i'm accepting it, more like sometimes i choose to ignore.:ph34r: Because sometimes it feels tiresome to be annoyed by all this typical plots and complaining about it all over again.

I never thought you did because you already talk about it earlier and your statement is clear!

But in this series, it's really over-present.

I found their word for boy/girlfriend so cute each time they ask, with the litlle na, nanana! Why not using it ?

or that !

9 minutes ago, aniola said:

I think "mine" perfectly fill full the meaning that they all put in the word "wife". And sounds much-much better.

 

1 hour ago, aniola said:

If you interested they use word "mia=เมีย".

oh yes thanks, I try to remember but it begins to be a lot of words I can't use daily!

Edited by mellialuna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

but it begins to be a lot of words I can't use daily!

When it comes to thai vocabulary i feel like there is ups and downs with learning and forgetting all the time. Sometimes i watch video on yt about learning thai language, and it's so hard for me to not forget at least something.:mellow:

Word "mia" i searched after ep.7 when Beam used it about Wayo. Well, at least for now there are only Beam and Forth who've used "wifie". So may be it can be just their couple thing. (Yes, it's me trying to make up some reasonable explanation.:D)

 

44 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

I found their word for boy/girlfriend so cute each time they ask, with the litlle na, nanana!

Agree.^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aniola said:

I don't write fanfiction

Was just kidding! I agree with you, so it will be great if someone do it, then it is adapted for a movie/serie, cause i never read/see a g/g story!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aniola said:

Well, at least for now there are only Beam and Forth who've used "wifie". So may be it can be just their couple thing. (Yes, it's me trying to make up some reasonable explanation.:D)

Ok! Let's wait and see !!! :D

 

16 minutes ago, aniola said:

Sometimes i watch video on yt about learning thai language, and it's so hard for me to not forget at least something.:mellow:

I will learn this language for sure ... I'm so happy each time I understand without subtitles (let's be honest it's really really rare but anyway, it's getting better - optimistic vibe)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I hate it each time! Not close to make peace with it! :angry: 

Ha ha ha, i join you on this point. For me it is more a macho qualifying one, not at all a sweet  or gentle word!

So calm down, they don't said it to you! :joy:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deltos said:

The big question : is there an audience for GL written like BL ? 

Normally yes, really is another question no-one actually can answer. I just remind women are the more represented on earth. Theorically, if a BL market can exist, a GL market must do it too. Unfortunately for women, it is (young) women who wrote novel for (young) women and the trend is into BL. Maybe it is better to wait a reverse situation (boy write GL for boy)!

In this way, some girls can be satisfied! So that's just an idea!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

So calm down, they don't said it to you!

hopefully for them 555 

 

3 hours ago, deltos said:

The big question : is there an audience for GL written like BL ? 

Indeed it is!

I don't think so.

I know one series The L World, which had success but I don't know what their audience was!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

I know one series The L World, which had success but I don't know what their audience was!

Is the series was aired recently or "in the far past"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

I know one series The L World, which had success but I don't know what their audience was!

1) Curious str8 guys ( because watching to women is their biggest fantasy around the world ) Str8 women who were curious about what Lesbian relationships looked at. 3) Lesbians 4) Gay guys with Lesbian friends who forced them to watch...LOL:joy:  Target age : 18+

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Maybe it is better to wait a reverse situation (boy write GL for boy)!

In this way, some girls can be satisfied! So that's just an idea!

Not going to hold my breath on that one...:joy::joy:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

Is the series was aired recently or "in the far past"?

An old series

It was aired from 2004 to 2009 (US series)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Theorically, if a BL market can exist, a GL market must do it too.

I'm pretty sure it do. But it is much smaller than BL. Also i think that large part of GL-fandom are still women.

 

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Maybe it is better to wait a reverse situation (boy write GL for boy)!

I think there are some guys writing about girls but it's probably like a drop in an ocean (where the ocean is BL-fandom).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, mellialuna said:

I find this thread interesting especially about how nice it is to use his own name!

Even if you do not speak Thai you can hear the sounds and with a bit of effort start to understand bits here and there - by pure repetition. I think it was on Love by chance, that the translator (JayBL) added notes here and there and that helps a lot.

 

At times I have found myself thinking, hang on a moment, I thought you were the mother so why are you saying "your mother thinks..." the answer being that Thai's can talk about themselves in the third person. What is more, when they do so it is significant just as whether people use :  P, Nong, Goo, Meung... invariably it all gets translated as "I" and "you" so unless you are listening carefully, or it is pointed out, you can miss the subtlety.

 

There are lots of phrases and interjections that are repetitious with a seeming multitude of ways of translating them :D Some I have tried to reverse engineer by looking up the the English phrase in Thai. Rarely matches. No matter, I'll live but I suffer from incorrigible curiosity.

 

We should be putting all this new found knowledge into a compendium. "A guide to the Thai Language" by people who do not speak it :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, aniola said:

It's not like i'm accepting it, more like sometimes i choose to ignore.:ph34r: Because sometimes it feels tiresome to be annoyed by all this typical plots and complaining about it all over again.

If you interested they use word "mia=เมีย".

Aye, just got to go with the flow. The kids will think it's funny and in certain circumstances it could be considered as such : it works for me when he recovers Beam from the 'evil clutches' of the girl because he is using it for its shock value. But all the 'wife', 'hubby' stuff on the bike was a bit tiresome.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, deltos said:

I think you discuss a lot of stuff in a bar especially with friends...so I thought Forth's/Pha convo was normal...what wasn't normal was Wayo sitting in the bar playing a video game. Seriously ? Who does that ? It was such a Dad/Son moment...""here...the grownups are going to talk now" :lol: The leap and I mean leap to 

 

Makes my skin crawl...just reinforces ( imho) the stereotype that in a male same-sex relationship - one guy has to assume the role of a woman.It's the feminisation of the roles and a real lack of understanding that is evident when I hear that word...wife.:crazy: Would it have been so hard to have Forth say, " he's mine, he's my husband ? " :phew: And I don't care it was the dialog from the novel...it's still wrong ! <gets down off soapbox>:lol:
 

Who plays games in a bar - pretty much all kids these days. Otherwise they might be forced to talk to each other. It was the fact that Pha gave it to him that made me laugh ; like giving a kitten a ball of string.

 

I let 'wife' go on that occasion as I felt he was using it as a shock - or it could be construed as such. I detest the use of the word 'wifey' which demeans everybody, females included. To me it's as though the person referred to is nothing but an airhead ; a dithering blonde from an American sitcom of the sixties. Who would introduce their partner as "This is my wifey" ?

 

Using 'husband' may be a bridge too far for these series where the story is all about the journey and not the destination. Husband sounds serious and suggests that the journey's end has been reached. But, yes, he could have just said "He's mine !"

 

I'll remove my soapbox so you can replace yours :D

 

What you definitely would not have seen is Beam having to drag Forth out of the arms of another man. I find it a little concerning that in many of these series the guys assert their maleness by cruising from one girlfriend to the next. A series of one-night stands (perhaps two if they know how to do a decent stir-fry). Forth, on the other hand, who is pretty out about what his preferences are is never shown with another guy. Is that a reversal of how things would be shown in the west ? (QAF springs to mind)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Who plays games in a bar - pretty much all kids these days. Otherwise they might be forced to talk to each other. It was the fact that Pha gave it to him that made me laugh ; like giving a kitten a ball of string.

I stand corrected...was in a bar last night...music was popping, place was hopping and there, there in the corner were the guys playing games. I cracked up remembering what I had just wrote...so yeah they do... why ?  Wasn't curious enough to ask - not to mention it was a str8 bar and life has taught me you don't go rolling up to any guy to ask anything...

 

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Who would introduce their partner as "This is my wifey" ?

In the gay world, no. body. that I know of...:joy:

 

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Using 'husband' may be a bridge too far for these series where the story is all about the journey and not the destination. Husband sounds serious and suggests that the journey's end has been reached. But, yes, he could have just said "He's mine !"

Perhaps, but could not " wifey " also suggest the same ?  I suppose he could have said, " he's my uke " cause that's the real implication there  wifey = uke. Hummm - so even Forth had that mindset....

 

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

'll remove my soapbox so you can replace yours :D

Nah just leave it in the corner...so somebody else can use it  - if needed - we still have four episodes to go...

 

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Forth, on the other hand, who is pretty out about what his preferences are is never shown with another guy.

While he was never shown with another guy - his interest in Wayo kinda set the table. So it wasn't a big leap to Beam ( as another guy). If you read then novel.. Beam was a playa - ladies man ..so any internal conflicts he had about Kit and now Forth suggest to me that he was Bi - Additionally he also had an understanding about the physiological aspects of MM sex enough to ask...( another thing...who asks ???):lol:

 

4 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Is that a reversal of how things would be shown in the west ? (QAF springs to mind)

Hummmm interesting question.  Aside from the Emmett's conversion therapy story line...there weren't any women ( ok Justin's bf). In the context of QAF, Forth would be ripping Beam outta the arms of another guy - and popping him too ! lol.  An interesting compare and or contrast...although I think contrast would be more the order. Although Ming does have that Brian vibe going on....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Even if you do not speak Thai you can hear the sounds and with a bit of effort start to understand bits here and there - by pure repetition.

True - it's not like the dialog is deep..it's pretty basic - no real in-depth monologues.. so after a while, words and phrases pop out. I just take that and move along - I'm more intent to learn mandarin. I've found tho my ear has become more sensitive to tonal sounds so the by product is understanding bits and pieces of Thai better.... Here's a brain twister...watching a BL with Thai audio, and Chinese and English subs...:bawling: that hurts sometimes..LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, deltos said:

I suppose he could have said, " he's my uke " cause that's the real implication there  wifey = uke.

I think to say "he is my wife" instead of "he is my uke/bottom" it's like to use figure of speech instead of direct words.

 

On 8/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, dustinmyeye said:

Using 'husband' may be a bridge too far for these series where the story is all about the journey and not the destination.

22 hours ago, deltos said:

Perhaps, but could not " wifey " also suggest the same ?

I guess the fact that we're all in BL-fandom have automatically implied by creators of novels/series that we all know which meaning are this words are used with. So the serious meaning is kinda putted aside cos it is really usually too far for such series.

 

22 hours ago, deltos said:

Although Ming does have that Brian vibe going on....

Could you tell how?

 

22 hours ago, deltos said:

Here's a brain twister...watching a BL with Thai audio, and Chinese and English subs...:bawling: that hurts sometimes..LOL

Never thought about it but it seems good work for brain indeed when I'm - having one language as main - watching series on other language which i don't know (but try to leans at least something) with subs in third language which i know far from perfect. And all three language are completely different from each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aniola said:

I think to say "he is my wife" instead of "he is my uke/bottom" it's like to use figure of speech instead of direct words.

 

And to be honest...in my humble gay opinion it is not exceptable at all  because I feel it's trying to sexualize and or feminize the relationship between two males.  I have never in my existence looked for a man to call my wife..<shudder>. So all I can do sometimes is to " consider the source" of such thinking - acknowledge that it's flawed - and hope that it will change. 

 

34 minutes ago, aniola said:

I guess the fact that we're all in BL-fandom have automatically implied by creators of novels/series that we all know which meaning are this words are used with. So the serious meaning is kinda putted aside cos it is really usually too far for such series.


I think, even though we are all in the BL fandom - it doesn't mean we have to drink the koolaide... that is,  accept some of the schlock that's put out there especially if you are a gay man in the fandom; in fact, it's really time to challenge the status quo and question the tea that's being served...we can all agree that the destination is romance...the issue is how we get there, the journey.

 

25 minutes ago, aniola said:

Could you tell how?

Oh..ummm..not sure how to explain that:phew:...it's his sense of being..the way he manages his space, the predator like personae ( and not in a bad way...) cat like.  I have not been able to see other Bl characters from various series in the same comparison - Ming is perhaps the first that I could call Brian...:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...