[Thai Drama 2017] Two Moons เดือนเกี้ยวเดือน

acklexxx

33 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I would have had an easier time accepting the new faces if we had gone from Wayo's appearance on stage to where the old series left off and then continued the story. I have too much visual from 2M in my mind to easily accept the new versions.

It has been better to never watch s1 to appreciate s2 in a neutral and unbiased way. After a few efforts, i'm still trapped with ep 5, not yet seen ep 6, because nothing attract me. I wasn't a s1 big fan, and i can't stick with s2. I keep nys (not yet seen) eps on HDD, in case i change my mind and nothing better on horizon!

Must remind i NEVER read novel, just keep my opinion through the sereies

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/7/2019 at 11:28 PM, clon_105 said:

I like only This new forth and the new Wayo, the old Wayo (Bass) was good too. but definitly I don't like this new Phana D: I think the old Phana (Gxxod) got the "liston" so high to can be rise it.

I feel sad when I hearded that Tee Jaruji was bad acting, even I like more the old version than this one. I just follow the new Forth, the two Mings are so cool in both season... 

I find the new Forth too young, though probably about the correct age for university. The old one struck me as a mature, experienced sort of guy. Thank goodness he wears the blue jacket so I can pick him out !

Agreed on the new Phana he lacks that dopey, besotted look every time he stares at Wayo. The new Beam is wooden. Ming and Kit are going well.

If they all do a good job we will stop making these comparisons. We are now into new territory so, for all our preferences, we do not know if 'old favourites' would have been better or worse.

2 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

f they all do a good job we will stop making these comparisons. We are now into new territory so, for all our preferences, we do not know if 'old favourites' would have been better or worse.

Ha ha ha that's a (very) good thought, but why for be sure to keep same viewer's number they better do to change the serie's title!;)

19 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Considering the director and scriptwriter I was surprised to read elsewhere (so it may not be true) that the casting required the main leads to be straight.

That was what the director of the first 2M required. That has never been said by  the director of 2M2 who is and out and gay.  What we do know is that the author had a hand in selecting the new cast according to how she envisioned the character profiles in the novels. 

26 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I do research for an author. If you are writing about a subject that you do not fully understand, or have experience with, you research it (or get it researched for you).

After you read 3 or 4 of these novels...you realize that they are going to the same well for their " research " which is pretty bland if you ask me - :joy: I only know of one female author who get's it right. 

30 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Let's wait and see how that Pha/Wayo scene plays out. Please don't tell me we  have already gone past it - I am deliberately not subjecting myself to the books again !

Apparently, THAT scene is this Saturday !:phew:

1 hour ago, dustinmyeye said:

Those who haven't seen 2M might find it long and drawn out but that was its charm ; the slow realisation for Pha that he does love Wayo. Those who have seen 2M may do what I did, skipped the first four episodes.

Yep ! that's how I felt with the first one...I could hear the pages turning.  It wasn't the actors fault - it was more that I felt the production quality was mediocre - poor setting, bad lighting, camera work was flat...I tend to look at the whole production.  Don't get me wrong, I've seen some brilliant indie films shot on an iPhone - so it's not the content but who is behind the camera. What initially drew me to the second one was the fresh and cinematic approach.  I knew the director's work and wanted to see what he was going to do with a BL series as his background was movies. I haven't been disappointed. Not to mention, he's very transparent; by that I mean he often posts the schematics for certain scenes..kinda like Master Classes..lol which I know everyone isn't interested in -  but there are some who like to know what went into constructing a scene - how many camera's, what were the angles and why. So in my mind 2M2 is and entirely different production with no comparison to the first one. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:08 AM, deltos said:

And you see, what you have just described relates only to str8 relationships.

Yes, you're probably right, i think i didn't even notice.))

But thing is i also believe that husband/wife-words can be used even without being legally married. Because they obviously have deeper meaning that bf/gf. Like i said -> next stage of the relationship. Even if two people for some reason don't want or can't get married.

Even tho most BL's are blue shorts or college - they never go the last mile to marriage...a future fast forward. So it suggest that words like " Fan " Boyfriend are the height of the relationship.

In most BL we see only beginning of the relationship, may be a little longer. But i think i'll shout right away "stop! you're to young to get married, get done with your education first!" if this school/college-boys start to talk about marriage.:D

OffGun are Real !  :joy:

I'm puzzled. How it's all came to OG?:lol:

On 8/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, dustinmyeye said:

The new Pha just stands their grinning like a Cheshire cat.

:lol:Good parallel.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, aniola said:

I see "baby" more like word of endearment, but not the one what can specify the status between two people. Imho, it's not suited for dating proposal. May be to use the word such way is too local? (That why i thought on Pavel with all his "cool biker attitude".))) I also think that for most people who is not native english speaker first association with word "baby" still will be "child", even if we all know the second meaning.

Not to mention that in thai Pha uses word "boyfriend": "bpen fan ga(?) p' na" = "be boyfriend to p', please".

Yep, because it would be hard not to joke "what? did you adopt him?":phew: 

(joke works only in eng of course))

In current English 'baby' seems to be used as a go to word in some circles for plain old : friend, mate, buddy. I can see it as a word of endearment but not, as you say, a status. At least he didn't ask him to become his cabbage :) (chou in French)

As has been remarked elsewhere the translations are attempting to use a more street form of English, but I have to say that the use of Brother and Bro I find out of sorts. I am no expert but my understanding is that the use of these status titles (P', Nong...) expresses/indicates the relationship between two people. I understand a touch of formality from P' whereas in English Bro is so informal that you would not use it to a senior. And I can't see anyone calling their other half Brother (not unless they were both monks :) )

Quite why Pha remains forever P' to Wayo despite being his boyfriend is beyond me - probably the author, because Ae and Pete in LBC are down the entire, Ai', Goo, Meung road almost immediately.

28 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Quite why Pha remains forever P' to Wayo despite being his boyfriend is beyond me

It was also the case in Sotus, Kong always call Arthit P'Arthit if I remember correctly!

It's a reminding from season 1, I don't remember if it was also pointed in this season, Pha ask him to call him P'Pha because of the note Wayo left in high school!

2 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I can see it as a word of endearment but not, as you say, a status.

I didn't say it.;) My point during whole our with deltos conversation was: baby - endearment, boyfriend - status.

but I have to say that the use of Brother and Bro I find out of sorts. I am no expert but my understanding is that the use of these status titles (P', Nong...) expresses/indicates the relationship between two people. I understand a touch of formality from P' whereas in English Bro is so informal that you would not use it to a senior.

I don't like P' being translated like "brother" too, but i didn't want to complain too much (considering i started all this "baby"-conversation).)) I think thai P' and eng "brother" are different. That's why when i see "brother Pha" in subs it looks a bit funny to me. My understanding that in thai you can call P' almost every person who older than you: from your own brother/sister to a woman from whom you regularly buy something. So i guess people who are in relationship just decide themselves if they wanna drop P' or not, and both ways are ok.

5 hours ago, aniola said:

But thing is i also believe that husband/wife-words can be used even without being legally married. Because they obviously have deeper meaning that bf/gf. Like i said -> next stage of the relationship. Even if two people for some reason don't want or can't get married.

Then my go to would be " my partner " that says our relationship is such that if we wanted to get " married " we could - however we choose not too - we do everything a" married " couple would do only we don't have the paper ! Which historically is what you did before marriage was legalized

n most BL we see only beginning of the relationship, may be a little longer. But i think i'll shout right away "stop! you're to young to get married, get done with your education first!" if this school/college-boys start to talk about marriage.:D

LOL I was thinking like a fast forward  - to the future. We never know if cpls stay together or not...so if they did a   graduated ( college ) and have jobs scene...you could close the circle...

I'm puzzled. How it's all came to OG?:lol:

Don't be...LOL it was non sequitur...I think I had just looked at OG on twitter or something... it was early..not enough coffee:joy:

I understand a touch of formality from P' whereas in English Bro is so informal that you would not use it to a senior.

I think that's one of major differences in the US...we don't have the nong, P, senior levels  titles..I use  Bro  daily to another guy. I don't have to k now them..depends on the situation. I have a " senior "...it's not about age it's more about position, role, job title.  I've worked in situations where my boss was younger than me, most of the time you call them by their name...Bob, Greg, Mary...

1 hour ago, aniola said:

I think thai P' and eng "brother" are different. That's why when i see "brother Pha" in subs it looks a bit funny to me. My understanding that in thai you can call P' almost every person who older than you: from your own brother/sister to a woman from whom you regularly buy something. So i guess people who are in relationship just decide themselves if they wanna drop P' or not, and both ways are ok.

Yeah...I do find it odd for Yo to call Pha " brother" but I figured it was something in translation. Actually, the eng " brother " is old school...like back in the day..to use as a greeting...nowdays...it's used in religious organizations mostly.

6 hours ago, aniola said:
10 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

The new Pha just stands their grinning like a Cheshire cat.

:lol:Good parallel.

funny thing...I was reading an interview with the author not long ago...and she said...that's how the Pha she wrote acted...Yo doesn't know that he's in total control of Pha because Pha goes soft ( no pun intended) when ever he's with Yo.  So yeah...what what see is what she wrote  ( like it or not )

11 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I find the new Forth too young, though probably about the correct age for university. The old one struck me as a mature, experienced sort of guy. Thank goodness he wears the blue jacket so I can pick him out !

Agreed on the new Phana he lacks that dopey, besotted look every time he stares at Wayo. The new Beam is wooden. Ming and Kit are going well.

If they all do a good job we will stop making these comparisons. We are now into new territory so, for all our preferences, we do not know if 'old favourites' would have been better or worse.

They changed the first cast cause de acting, who were not representing the writer vision or something like that, so the comparison is inevitable, but really I don't like this new season, everything going faster without sense, should be better make the second seasson directly.

I watch that this new Yo and Forth are more agressive, their face are evil, but i like it, and the new Phana is more inocent, the old Phana was secure and arrogant, he wanna do something bad to Yo :joy: . 

New Beam and Forth, I never imaging this with the old cast, even they make fan meeting together but i never thought as this new guys making  :dizzy:

And I don't know exactly if Beam was in love or just have a little crush with his friend P'Kit or  just he was saying that to teasing Ming.

1 hour ago, deltos said:

Then my go to would be " my partner " that says our relationship is such that if we wanted to get " married " we could - however we choose not too - we do everything a" married " couple would do only we don't have the paper !

I think "partner" is great word too. It's also gender-neutral. And contains less expectation-weight (if saying like this makes sense) - i mean that most people have their own expectation about being husband/wife and often tend to project it on other people's lives. When being partners usually just says about two people being close with each other (in one way or another).

1 hour ago, deltos said:

We never know if cpls stay together or not...

We don't. But i think all this romantic stories imply that love which each couple have will last forever.:D

1 hour ago, deltos said:

Yo doesn't know that he's in total control of Pha because Pha goes soft ( no pun intended) when ever he's with Yo.

His softness and smile works on me too (when i'm in my being-totally-bl-fan mood).:lol:

Btw, i wouldn't even thought that there is second meaning possible if it wasn't for this addition.:phew:

45 minutes ago, clon_105 said:

this new Yo and Forth are more agressive, their face are evil, but i like it

After last week episode Forth's face lost all aggressiveness to me.:lol: And i guess next one won't do any better.

Seriously, what a cutey pie.:joy:

tumblr_pw8gizpoqN1rq0e20o5_400.gifv

My two fav actors into 2m2 is omnipresent Samantha, still full of humour, and Dome (Beam), just for his face. I'm still not able to correctly enter into the serie, first without thinking and compare with s1 cast, then this ''chamalow'' feeling, ep after ep. Finally got eng sub ep7, hoping realisator/director add booster in the way to gives wings to the story! A wish, an expectation!

tumblr_pwedjiGXwQ1xzie3qo4_250.gifvtumblr_pwef337Ffc1xzie3qo4_250.gifvtumblr_pwef337Ffc1xzie3qo3_250.gifv

Just drop of MingKit in ep.8, but yey! there will be my favorite moment next week. Can't wait.^_^

Forth vs Beam or how silently to stare each other to death to bed to get scared to... whatever...:no_mouth:

tumblr_pwe78xVY6H1rq0e20o3_500.gifv

Spoiler

And somehow this (Forth checking his lip wound)...

tumblr_pwea10q9zA1xzie3qo5_400.gifv

flashbacked me to:

tumblr_m1i3ravUKA1qd9ckqo3_250.giftumblr_m1i3ravUKA1qd9ckqo4_r1_250.gif

("Spartacus" Nasir & Agron)

On 8/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, gogole mongol said:

My two fav actors into 2m2 is omnipresent Samantha, still full of humour, and Dome (Beam), just for his face. I'm still not able to correctly enter into the serie, first without thinking and compare with s1 cast, then this ''chamalow'' feeling, ep after ep. Finally got eng sub ep7, hoping realisator/director add booster in the way to gives wings to the story! A wish, an expectation!

Samantha is fun - always the same character, full of life (except when she was dead in WOTHS :)).

As the series has moves on I admit to warming towards the new cast. Forth does succeed in conveying the idea that he is thinking about sex. Not saying anymore because I know you play catch up with the episodes.

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Samantha is fun - always the same character, full of life (except when she was dead in WOTHS :)).

Samantha always play second role, but she does it perfectly, that's why i feel a big like for her. WOTHS was an hybrid serie, that gathered together and capitalize on some BL stars mixed into pseudo thriller/dominant girl's war. I well remember his hysterical laughter, even his screen appearance was so short! I wait to see her staring into a real drama!

Have seen ep 7, so the Forth/Beam budding couple appears to me as the most interesting pair of the serie. While it is running at stately pace (allure de sénateur), it is the only moment that keep me well alive. Effectively, for now, the sex point seems to be the most important point into their beginning relation. I don't remember who have said "the sex lead the world", but today it still made topicality everywhere!

4 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Samantha is fun - always the same character, full of life

I would like her to be cast for something different someday. Or at least let it be a character with actual storyline, not just a comic relief.

Well, for me the perfect outcome would be to have girl+girl story with her as second/third/fourth couple in some BL.^_^ But I don't think i can hope for that.))

Archived