[Thai Drama 2017] Two Moons เดือนเกี้ยวเดือน

acklexxx

If to talk about the episode, i'm somewhere in between cute-land with PhaYo and MingKit and angst-land with Beam. He had such a mess in his head, and night with Forth didn't really helped him. Well, it did, in a long perspective, but for now he just feels totally messed up.:confused:

tumblr_pw384dfMlb1rq0e20o7_540.gif

I guess in some perfect innocent world after kissing Forth Beam would be gently putted aside, covered with blanket and cuddled until he fall asleep.:rolleyes:

tumblr_pw129wbdoN1qdlyjwo1_r1_400.giftumblr_pw129wbdoN1qdlyjwo2_400.gif

Btw, with so many close up on Forth face it is so well seen what kinda baby-look he has. Quite funny considering Forth's (and Pavel's) image.

Ok, to the cute parts now.)) Cheeks!^_^

tumblr_pw2nb3jREH1qdlyjwo7_r1_400.giftumblr_pw2nb3jREH1qdlyjwo8_r1_400.gif

And my adorable MingKit.:wub:

I love this scene, and Kit eye's expression in it. He is totally forgot that he has to be grumpy cat with Ming.:lol:

And seriously, who eats a cake this way?:lol: I get that Joong probably was ordered do not ruin the cake in case of numbers of takes, but him tasting little drop of chocolate looks funny to me.

tumblr_pw3f5pyvdR1qlwaf3o5_400.giftumblr_pw3f5pyvdR1qlwaf3o6_400.gif

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, aniola said:

night with Forth didn't really helped him. Well, it did, in a long perspective,

:joy::joy::joy:

28 minutes ago, aniola said:

I guess in some perfect innocent world after kissing Forth Beam would be gently putted aside, covered with blanket and cuddled until he fall asleep.:rolleyes:

Eventually..eventually...in the real world...round 2 !! ( yes I said it :phew:)

30 minutes ago, aniola said:

I love this scene, and Kit eye's expression in it. He is totally forgot that he has to be grumpy cat with Ming.

this was really one of the best filmed scenes - I think that's really when  Kit moved from in like to in love...he was swept away !

31 minutes ago, aniola said:

And seriously, who eats a cake this way?:lol:

Wellllll I have been know to spoon a cake or two..but it also required substantial amounts of a beverage...:lol:  it was cute tho...what else could Kit do and still be tsundere. LOL

1 hour ago, deltos said:

Yeah it was a bit over the top - but I think it was nervous energy - watching yourself make out with another guy when you know thousands are watching that scene not to mention the hype that surround the scene for a week...

I was talking not only about this video but about his fanboy-behavior in general. He's been doing it since the beginning of the series, isn't it? From one side it's cool, kinda being on the same wave with all the fans. But from other side sometimes i think "hey, please, calm down, you're being more "fangirl" than i am:sweat_smile:". But at the same time - why not? If he feels comfortable with it, and having fun, and fans're having fun... i guess it's ok.

1 hour ago, deltos said:

.not to mention, he's so Alpha...he's Got a real "western vibe" about him..which can be hard to take if your not from the west. !

Yeah... not sure do you mean by west only America or America+Europe.. but for me it's not hard to take, i just can't watch it without laugh or at least smile on my face. Such cool behavior sometimes looks like showing off to me (but not in negative way of course, he is obviously quite a nice guy).

41 minutes ago, deltos said:

Wellllll I have been know to spoon a cake or two..but it also required substantial amounts of a beverage...

By "this way" i meant to take a spoon and put almost nothing in it like Ming did. By just drop of chocolate one can't say that cake is tasty. He has to - as you probably did with your cake or two:lol: -  take full spoon of cake and put it on his mouth.^_^ So i'm totally ok with eating a cake without cutting it in pieces, but haven't had a chance to eat it this way yet.

23 minutes ago, aniola said:

Yeah... not sure do you mean by west only America or America+Europe.. but for me it's not hard to take, i just can't watch it without laugh or at least smile on my face. Such cool behavior sometimes looks like showing off to me (but not in negative way of course, he is obviously quite a nice guy).

Very New York City/LA vibe..depending on where you hang out. Very urban ! He definitely has a Biker attitude...no unicorns and rainbows...in fact I am impressed that Pavel is Forth is Pavel...there is compassion - along with that edge.:lol:

57 minutes ago, deltos said:

Very New York City/LA vibe..depending on where you hang out. Very urban ! He definitely has a Biker attitude...no unicorns and rainbows...

I'm still curious was it him responsible for "Please be my baby?" instead of "Please be my boyfriend?" in ep.4.:D (Or it was director.)))

20 hours ago, aniola said:

I'm still curious was it him responsible for "Please be my baby?" instead of "Please be my boyfriend?" in ep.4.:D (Or it was director.)))

Gonna say Director..when you consider the setting ( bedroom, bed, etc. )  " be my baby " is a lot more intimate..." be my boyfriend " is a lot more public as we saw in E7.  :lol: To introduce Wayo to his classmates as " this is my baby" would be awkward for Pha...in private yeah...he's say baby ---he'd get all unicorns and rainbows...:joy:

5 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I DO !!!! :D

jumps up and down waving arms

Kindred Spirits !:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, deltos said:

when you consider the setting ( bedroom, bed, etc. )  " be my baby " is a lot more intimate...

I see "baby" more like word of endearment, but not the one what can specify the status between two people. Imho, it's not suited for dating proposal. May be to use the word such way is too local? (That why i thought on Pavel with all his "cool biker attitude".))) I also think that for most people who is not native english speaker first association with word "baby" still will be "child", even if we all know the second meaning.

Not to mention that in thai Pha uses word "boyfriend": "bpen fan ga(?) p' na" = "be boyfriend to p', please".

1 hour ago, deltos said:

To introduce Wayo to his classmates as " this is my baby" would be awkward for Pha...

Yep, because it would be hard not to joke "what? did you adopt him?":phew: 

(joke works only in eng of course))

54 minutes ago, aniola said:

I see "baby" more like word of endearment, but not the one what can specify the status between two people. Imho, it's not suited for dating proposal. May be to use the word such way is too local? (That why i thought on Pavel with all his "cool biker attitude".))) I also think that for most people who is not native english speaker first association with word "baby" still will be "child", even if we all know the second meaning.

Not to mention that in thai Pha uses word "boyfriend": "bpen fan ga(?) p' na" = "be boyfriend to p', please".

Perhaps it's a cultural/linguistic thing...I mean I use "baby" as a manner of speech  " boyfriend just seems too juvenile ...like something I might say if I was in middle school which I've long sense passed.  I think the director also is trying to make the language contemporary and heavily nuanced. Less of the formal English and more of the conversational style and closer to the way you would actually hear college students in the west speak.  

Thai is a difficult language to translate into useful English, Mandarin is actually easier...some of the translated BL novels make me cringe...especially when they are translating intimate scenes...most of the time I'm laughing...cause I'm thinking...no two guys would ever say that to each other....So I tend to read the novels and skip the the skinship parts because they are mostly lacking.  I actually only know one female writer that can write the kind of scenes in her novels  that leave you breathless... she has done homework and truly understand male x male relationships and uses "baby" and " pet " "lover" ..all terms of endearment. :lol:

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Yep, because it would be hard not to joke "what? did you adopt him?":phew: 

(joke works only in eng of course))

Well for Pha...in the school setting boyfriend is a unviversal phrase...but doesn't really capture the deeper emotion.

16 hours ago, deltos said:

Gonna say Director..when you consider the setting ( bedroom, bed, etc. )  " be my baby " is a lot more intimate..." be my boyfriend " is a lot more public as we saw in E7.  :lol: To introduce Wayo to his classmates as " this is my baby" would be awkward for Pha...in private yeah...he's say baby ---he'd get all unicorns and rainbows...:joy:

Kindred Spirits !:rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. Many Asians especially males tend to be more reserved in public. I would never call my husband "baby" in public. I think he would die of embarrassment if I did. :joy:

16 hours ago, deltos said:

I mean I use "baby" as a manner of speech

But i was complaining about this specific word.:D But i also can't come up with a word which would be endearment and sounded ok for me as replacement for "boyfriend" (i mean in "be my bf" line). I mean two people can use whatever words they want to call each other, it's limited only by their imagination. But in the scene we're talking about Pha is kinda changing the status between him and Wayo so he have to be specific, at least once. (The same when Ae was asking Pete to become his bf.) Yes, "boyfriend" is a formal word, i think i see it in the line with words "fiance, husband, partner". That's why i don't really understand why it sounds high school for you.:ph34r:

18 hours ago, deltos said:

Perhaps it's a cultural/linguistic thing...

With you and me it's probably linguistic, cos nuances about english language are closer home to you when i probably somewhere on intermediate level.:sweatingbullets:

I agree with you about Anusorn (and Pavel) trying to make translation more daily spoken. I got it right away, but this particular moment with "be my baby" just stuck in my head as something which is not sounds right, and i can do nothing about.:sweat_smile:

5 hours ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Many Asians especially males tend to be more reserved in public. I would never call my husband "baby" in public. I think he would die of embarrassment if I did.

Not asian and not male, but i think there are quite few endearments i will be ok with to call me in public.:lol:

Actually i think a lot of grown-up people will be like this too: private should stay private.

1 hour ago, aniola said:

But i was complaining about this specific word.:D But i also can't come up with a word which would be endearment and sounded ok for me as replacement for "boyfriend" (i mean in "be my bf" line). I mean two people can use whatever words they want to call each other, it's limited only by their imagination. But in the scene we're talking about Pha is kinda changing the status between him and Wayo so he have to be specific, at least once. (The same when Ae was asking Pete to become his bf.) Yes, "boyfriend" is a formal word, i think i see it in the line with words "fiance, husband, partner". That's why i don't really understand why it sounds high school for you.:ph34r:

Because....LOL...In High School...I would not have a fiancee', husband, or partner, or lover...I would have a boyfriend. For me, the difference is boyfriend does not have intimacy attached to it...nor the deeper level of commitment. If I call you "baby" then there's more to it than eating popcorn and holding hands :phew: 

Anyway...I can appreciate Forth and Beam - they aren't caught up in the semantics ...it's more about are we going to go with the feelings....Forth has already declared " Mine "...    And it appears that Pha is anxious to make Yo " his " too ! I think that convo came after Forth's sharing of what he and Beam had done...and Pha is thinking " I'm behind the 8 ball here... they weren't even in a relationship. LOL.

Being a boyfriend doesn't (always) include a " mine "....and in the gender-fluid non binary context, introducing someone as " my important person" is used to eliminate gender naming. I've hear that a lot.  So  think what it comes down to  is the level or intent around the kind of relationship. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out...and I hope they don't. make Yo into the "vestal virgin" complete with rainbows and unicorns...he's a guy and if you feel emotionally and physically drawn to another man...you know it...so the only decision left if whether to act on it...( too much begging in the novels)  

46 minutes ago, deltos said:

For me, the difference is boyfriend does not have intimacy attached to it...nor the deeper level of commitment.

48 minutes ago, deltos said:

Being a boyfriend doesn't (always) include a " mine "...

Tbh, you're inventing new meaning of term "boyfriend" to me.:huh: Now i see that we just look at the word differently.

For me it's just stages: boyfriend/girlfriend -> husband/wife

And both stages can include terms: lover, partner, baby, sweetheart, other half, important person, etc.

Of course everyone's relationships are different. And it's different when you're a student or grown-up person. But for me it's just details which don't identify the word itself. I hope you get what i mean.))

I think my opinion is also affected by the way how i'll translate "boyfriend" in rus. Both words what i'll probably use also can be translated in eng as just "a guy". So kinda "my guy" = "boyfriend", sounds quite general.

1 hour ago, deltos said:

.I can appreciate Forth and Beam - they aren't caught up in the semantics ...it's more about are we going to go with the feelings....Forth has already declared " Mine "...

For now... If i remember correctly Forth will be quite persistent asking Beam to become his fan.:D

And i completely agree: better to go with the feelings first, all this how-to-name-it sometime later.

51 minutes ago, deltos said:

and in the gender-fluid non binary context, introducing someone as " my important person" is used to eliminate gender naming.

I actually like it, how it sounds - important person.:)

25 minutes ago, aniola said:

.:huh: Now i see that we just look at the word differently.  For me it's just stages: boyfriend/girlfriend -> husband/wife

And both stages can include terms: lover, partner, baby, sweetheart, other half, important person, etc.

Of course everyone's relationships are different. And it's different when you're a student or grown-up person. But for me it's just details which don't identify the word itself. I hope you get what i mean.))

I think my opinion is also affected by the way how i'll translate "boyfriend" in rus. Both words what i'll probably use also can be translated in eng as just "a guy". So kinda "my guy" = "boyfriend", sounds quite general.

And you see, what you have just described relates only to str8 relationships.  Until same-sex marriage was legalized and recognize, the most the average gay man could expect in life was to find that lover, partner, or special person who you could have a life with. I grew up never thinking that I could be a husband or have a husband. It just wasn't in the wheel house.It wasn't and option.  Str8 guys on the other hand knew that the culmination of a relationship would result in him being a husband and having a wife. Times have changed and here in the US and other countries ( go Taiwan) same-sex marriage is legal - which means there is a generation of gay boys growing up with a choice to marry or not - a choice that never existed before. So the terms used do have deeper meanings because it's about life choices. 

I think the only BL series I can remember where the cpl ended up married is History2: Right or Wrong.  The rest have cpls landing in the cone of silence. Even tho most BL's are blue shorts or college - they never go the last mile to marriage...a future fast forward. So it suggest that words like " Fan " Boyfriend are the height of the relationship. That's all there is. done. I think the closest we got to it was maxtul's Japan FM where they had a faux wedding. ( they did look good in the tuxes).  Listen thanks for the convo...it's nice having a discussion that raises itself above...OffGun are Real !  :joy:

On 7/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, gogole mongol said:

Have start to watch it, however, after 15 mn, i gave up. This is almost badly play, ,and some characters (especially Hippo and his gang) that always repeat same cliché. I will wait ep 4 to really appreciate it or not!

I gave it a try and was confused within minutes. Is this just a re-run I thought ?

I quickly found myself not liking some of the new actors in the secondary roles and the way it had been filmed. I think that for all the faults you might throw at the original cast they provided a visual as to how scenes looked. So, for example, the choosing of Wayo as Moon in my mind was with those actors and done that way.

Wayo's song in the new version just left me flat. It was sung okay (and Bas Suradet was  certainly not even trying to lip-synch) but the scene lacked all the warmth from the original. The new Pha just stands their grinning like a Cheshire cat. The old one was so mesmerised (yay that's the word Pinkmilk used as well - just watched it again) he thinks that he is the only person in the hall. The subtle difference being, I feel, the original version has Pha's POV ;  thinking the song is for him, in the newer version it is Wayo's POV ; singing it to him.

Ultimately I found myself skipping whole chunks of this new series until I got to Episode 5. By then I realised that I couldn't tell the new characters apart :) but I am getting there.

On 7/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, aniola said:

I would say it's just compromise between "we can't stay too long on what was told in s1" and "but we can't also start where s1 have ended". There is nothing positive or negative in telling the story in 3 ep. or in 13 ep. Most important how. But for me it needs more episodes to judge. But i curious how 2M2 looks for viewers who didn't see 2M and haven't read the novel.

What I didn't like was the idea of the fast-forward version with the new cast.

I would have had an easier time accepting the new faces if we had gone from Wayo's appearance on stage to where the old series left off and then continued the story. I have too much visual from 2M in my mind to easily accept the new versions.

This is like watching a new actor play James Bond in a near scene for scene remake of the previous film of two years ago. You can't help but make comparisons.

Those who haven't seen 2M might find it long and drawn out but that was its charm ; the slow realisation for Pha that he does love Wayo. Those who have seen 2M may do what I did, skipped the first four episodes.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:20 PM, deltos said:

The rest of the episodes are a blur...perhaps because it was so slow...In contrast, 2m2 is kinda new...I knew the characters, but I'm seeing them in a different light - not to mention it's moving along very nicely...As for the novel, I read it after watching the first one - mostly to see the entire story.  All I was left with was poorly written sex scenes ( you can't write what you don't know ) no fault of the author - she didn't know... In all fairness, it might have been the translation...which was..anyway...that's all I remember. :ph34r:

I have watched the later episodes of 2M2 and now that the story is new stuff it is better. I am slowly warming to the new Kit and Ming. Considering the director and scriptwriter I was surprised to read elsewhere (so it may not be true) that the casting required the main leads to be straight.

I also read the books after the first series. Won't be doing that in a hurry again :). I rather disagree on the point about it not being the author's fault. I do research for an author. If you are writing about a subject that you do not fully understand, or have experience with, you research it (or get it researched for you).

Let's wait and see how that Pha/Wayo scene plays out. Please don't tell me we  have already gone past it - I am deliberately not subjecting myself to the books again !

Archived