[Japanese Movie] Tomorrow I Will Date With Yesterday's You

Cedric Ong

Boku_wa_Ashita,_Kinou_no_Kimi_to_Date_Su

Japanese Title : ぼくは明日、昨日のきみとデートする

English Title : Tomorrow I Will Date With Yesterday's You

Running Time : 111min

Release dates : 17 Dec 2016 (Japan), 10 Mar 2017 (Taiwan)

Director : Takahiro Miki

Cast :  Sôta Fukushi, Nana Komatsu

Plot :

The film is told from the point of view of Takatoshi Minamiyama, a visual arts undergraduate in Kyoto, Japan. Takatoshi encounters Emi Fukuju one morning on his train to class. He immediately fallen in love with her. He asks for her phone number and they start to date. After a few dates, Takatoshi discovers something strange about Emi....eg she would cry alot....and later she told him why....and he realised their time together would be short.....

No....it's not the terminal illness....it's more of sci-fic/fantasy theme....

Based on the novel "Boku wa Ashita, Kinou no Kimi to Date Suru" by Takafumi Nanatsuki.

Read that it's one of the most tear-jerking japanese movies recently.

Spoiler :

Spoiler

The guy would notice the girl cried alot during the 1st few meetings. 

Actually the 2 of them existed in 2 alternative timelines....they just happened to overlap this time for around 30 days....what is worse is their timelines are in reverse. His 1st meeting with her is her last meeting thus she seemed so emotional and cried at the start. 

So suspending logic (think they didn't explain too much on the timeline stuff)....if focus more on the emotions....it's pretty sad....not only their love will be fleeting and short....it's also non-reversible as each day/date passes....

Trailer :

I really love the theme song "Happy End" by Back number. This clip got english subs.

I haven't watched this movie yet. But the themes, the song etc gave me a thought.....i can imagine the movie title referring to holding on to one's memories of their lost love....if u never let go....u would seem like continue to date (in your mind) that person who is frozen in the past....while that real person has actually moved on while u haven't. Sorry, just sidetrack.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jongski said:

@Cedric Ong Waiting for the movie to be sub. Has it been sub?

Sorry. Afraid won't be of much help. I googled with the movie title, also with extra keywords eg sub.....there are some websites but either look suspicious or they need u to register or pay. Maybe have to search again next time.

It was out in Japan in dec 2016, then Taiwan and Thailand in march 2017....not sure about other countries.

Archived