[Drama 2017] Distorted / Falsify 조작

larus

Done with all the 5-6, 7-8 episodes. Lemme tell ya, Suk Min is my fav character.  But chief Im Ji Tae ( Sora's dufus boss). Hah! wanted him to get stuck in the toilet or something. I got my fill of laughs mostly from all his scenes. If he weren't such jerko.. he'd be funny okay character.. well he is but he's such a panicky kinda dimwit afraid of Gu Tae Won.. and Sora's like action to hin....  don't me!. Ha ha.

I enjoyed all the episodes.  I like that SM found already got the ideal, all he needs to do is just to validate some more and prove Gu Tae Won's crime and corruptness. Daehan newspaper is like  national broadsheet paper everyone reads whilst.. Aeguk is your small tabloid expose online news journal. But  Daehan is unfortunately  run by corrupt man.

I like how Suk Min is the type of journalist with the integrity. he found out that CH was doing false articles ( the first one  was that YH case) and he confronted him. He knows that CH will never do a thing like that so he CH asked who's is making him do it. . GTW of course.. but at that time SM doesn't know, but he'll  piece everything  one by one and all leads to GTW. The  story right now.. for SM is the journalist integrity, it's credibility, he wants Splash team be how it was before 5 years ago. Celebrated news team. Meanwhile, HMY charading as reported along with the Aeguk gang, his motive is clearly to find out what happened to his brother, to clear his name from that drug scandal.. but more and more he's doing something to expose GTW and his band of corrupt allies.

Watching the episodes, I found myself rooting and  for Suk Min. Yoo Joon Sang..acting is good.  Applause for him.

After watching Ep 8, I wanted Ep 9 already.  I'll be doing the marathon agaon next weekend 4 episodes. Can I just say enjoying this drama and the actors! Current fav along with Save Me.

So btw.. if we were to compare Aeguk online news, what site would they be? Gawker? or Salon? Was just thinking. Heh.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LyraYoo @larus @jongski

In the last two episodes, it is clear that SM, HMY and KSR are getting closer to each other. I can understand HMY's mistrust in KSR in the first place because she judged him before knowing the whole truth. For her, he had used drugs. For such an intelligent person, she should have wondered why this scandal popped up just after his whistleblowing. But she made no connection. However, HMY has listened to SM and is willing to give another chance to KSR. Then again, she is already judging and blaming HMY again. It was great that HMY was able to point out that all the origin of the problem started with the investigation and the prosecution office. To me, KSR is still too naive in that matter. She has forgotten what happened 5 years ago. One powerful prosecutor warned her not to use the warrant which indicated corruption in the prosecution office. Her superior called her to stop, she should have sensed that they are traitors in the prosecution office, and even much more than she can imagine.

I have the impression that YSW is still alive. So far, they didn't find the body. The more witnesses HMY has, the better it is. HMY is right, their way to escape to be caught is always the same: finding a weak person to take the blame and at some point throw him away, when they change their mind. 

HMY will be shocked to discover that HCH helped this organisation with his false articles, but since he saw how HCH was suffering, he will come to understand why he was forced.  

On 8/6/2017 at 10:45 PM, jongski said:

Also the actor who plays Aeguk chief. I don't know his real name but he was in Tunnel or Defendant.  I think Tunnel.

Jo Hee Bong was in Tunnel. He was the friend of the protagonist, the Chief of their unit. I remember him from Yoona Street as well.   And we have the villian from Tunnel too. The journalist from Daehan who clashed with Seok-Min, but he did not had many scenes.

With few exceptions, I am familiar with the suporting cast in this drama.  

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Falsify" Episodes 9-10

photo875348.jpg

For all their sense of righteousness our three heroes spent a long time in denial about their capabilities and past mistakes, but the good thing about being in a group is that you always have others keeping you in check. Moo-yeong, Seok-min and So-ra have some much needed reunions and sharing of information when Seon-woo's case takes a regretful turn for the worse.

I expressed the hope in my previous piece that our leads will start getting a bit more introspective about their flaws and abilities and it seems they are all dead set on reminding those to one another in these two episodes. So-ra (Eom Ji-won) gets a good telling off for her past hesitation and Moo-yeong (Namgoong Min) is called out for the inexperienced pup that he is, but not before Seok-min (Yoo Joon-sang) gets a little scolding himself.

photo875347.jpgphoto875346.jpg

I just wish this scolding would have extended to his dangerous plan of confessing to Tae-won (Moon Sung-keun). What is it with such characters lacking the common sense to not let all of their knowledge of someone's guilt out in a glorious word-vomit right in front of the culprit's face? I understand that provocation is necessary to twist Tae-won's arm into allowing the Splash Team to reassemble in order to keep his eye on Seok-min, but I wish the latter had not revealed all of his major cards for it.

Nevertheless, everyone will be on the same page soon, but I hope that includes sharing all information. No body and/or lengthy mourning means no death in fiction and especially in Dramaland, so we can be pretty sure that Seon-woo (Lee Joo-seung) is alive and I hope that Seok-min and So-ra will know. There has been no dent made in Daehan since this story started, so I hope this case will start breaking it apart and give the plot forward movement on this part.

Spoiler

photo875345.jpgphoto875344.jpg

Speaking of movement, I do have to commend the main cast on their work here. As entertaining as "Falsify" is and as good as it is in quality, it is still a very standard revenge/justice story and I dread to even imagine how these characters would have felt like without talented actors elevating them. They are interesting, but they do not develop fast enough for poor acting to have kept them that way.

Because of the good cast and the solid base material, I look forward to what the future brings for "Falsify". Our three heroes are about to put their neck on the line in ways they have not before and as long as the creators can keep things moving and avoid major lapses in plot and character logic, the drama should carry itself just fine.

cr

SBS currently got a good drama with Falsify. It tops the ratings.  Good job SBS.

Ooh I still haven't watched EPS 9-10.  I usually marathon all 4 eps with subs during weekend. I wanna this scene below.

RT ctto as tagged.

3 hours ago, jongski said:

SBS currently got a good drama with Falsify. It tops the ratings.  Good job SBS.

Hello My Chingu  @jongski I'm hook, Yes the hav a real good one let's hope he stays this way to the end..

I'm just wondering why KSR refuse to take off her blinders..

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Hello My Chingu  @jongski I'm hook, Yes the hav a real good one let's hope he stays this way to the end..

I'm just wondering why KSR refuse to take off her blinders..

Hello, chingu! I am glad that you are joining us here. Yes, I agree with you. KSR seems to be blind, she judges too quickly and jumps to false conclusions. In my opinion, she is naive concerning the media.

And HMY confronted her with it. When she saw the news, she believed the fake news. HMY is right that she trusts too much media, police and prosecution office.

I have just finished watching the last two episodes, I was very glad that they are starting working together, although it is good to see thatSM is working under GTW's radar. So far, SM is one step ahead of him. He knows that the computers from the Splash team are now observed by GTW. He also knows why the young journalist had been joined to their team. I hope, SM can make him realise that he is going in the wrong direction.

Finally, yesterday we were able to catch GTW's weakness, the sick woman.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Falsify" Episodes 11-12

photo875808.jpg

Team Good is finally on the same page and although they do not have group meetings yet, their joint investigation leads them back to familiar faces, some of which are too close for comfort. Seok-min continues his backstabbing tango with Tae-won and the latter is busy trying to turn the narrative against Aeguk with the help of his Noah lawyer accomplice.

Our leads are finally together and making progress. I always worry that Seok-min (Yoo Joon-sang) will turn obtuse for the sake of plot stretching, but he reassures me once more. Most characters in such works fail at the simplest of tasks, such as carrying recorders for game-changing conversations. I still do not understand why he feels showing his suspicion to Tae-won (Moon Sung-keun) is a good idea, but at least he is perceptive. Enjoy the solitaire broadcasts, Tae-won.

Spoiler

Seok-min picking up on Tae-won's planSo-ra running past an out of shape Moo-yeong during a chase

It feels nice seeing Team Good shape up and we already have great chemistry between So-ra (Eom Ji-won) and Moo-yeong (Namgoong Min). This includes some fun lighter interactions that soften their intense reunion, such as Moo-yeong being one-upped by So-ra during the chase despite his athlete past. I highly enjoy that in a one-on-one situation even a supporting character like Park  Jin-woo (Jung Hee-tae) can deflect his attack easily, as we saw in the previous episodes. Prosecutor Park is a lovely character who is humorous without being irritating.

I know I have talked about this before, but the humor in "Falsify" continues to be hit and miss. Hoping that the police will keep the Aeguk crew incarcerated for a few episodes just so that they will not have another embarrassing "comedic" scene consisting of actors flailing about is not how the drama should be making me feel. It is especially frustrating when it happens with Im Ji-tae (Park Won-sang); a villain we should be hating for his actions, not for his stock obnoxious minion existence.

So-ra buttering Jin-woo upChan-soo and Eung-mo

Perhaps annoying slave prosecutors and cutesy schoolgirl-like interns are here to soften the blow of things turning darker later on, as they usually do in all stories, let alone revenge ones. At least I have plenty of characters I can happily send off in the case of Team Good deaths taking place. I still do not think Seon-woo (Lee Joo-seung) is dead, however, so I am not sure how liberal the series will be with those.

At least Jeon Chan-soo (Jeong Man-sik) acts as a serious supporting antagonistic presence and while he has had his annoying moments, those stem from his lousy personality and behavior, rather than forced theatrics. So among other things, I now look forward to Seon-woo's triumphant return, the secrets behind Jeon's involvement and the inevitable revelation to Moo-yeong of his brother's mistakes.

cr:hancinema

Hello My Very Own @bebebisous33  How are you these days, Myself very well health wise but dealing with real life and had very little time for dramas..  But this one is keeping me glued to the screen.. I thought crminal minds would hae me on the edge of my seat but I'm slowly loosing interest in it as of the last episode.. 

Back to the drama at hand yes KSR has woke up to reality and taken note of what HMY has been telling her for years she was being played like a fool and the chief prosecutor her boss was just to shady for her not to realize it.. Some of the stories was link to the press before the prosecution had even investigated it that should have sent alarm bells up.. 

So let's see how well HMY opens her eyes to reality..

On another note the military guy that was killed and Ys took the fall for it.. This case is link to something bad that happen in the military and maybe the company that was supplying it.. Just a guess

12 hours ago, larus said:

Stills of Jeon Hye Bin from drama Falsify/ Distorted. I wish they will give her more to do in this drama.

My sentiments exactly. Seems majority of her scenes, it's always with Suk Min.  She's a photographer with Daehan now and was part of Splash team. Remember when CWH declined and I mentioned early pages why she can't just be the female lead ( aka KSR role).

Looking at the many stills. I don't know if it's weird or perhaps it's because of the hair or the clothes even, but I thought of Sarah Jessica Parker. But anyway...

@sava2sava hey chingu! good to see you watching the drama too! Hope to see you post  often like before.. hopefully.

@bebebisous33  "Finally, yesterday we were able to catch GTW's weakness, the sick woman."

huh. what sick woman?! I guess I better watch ep 9-10. Hah. 

But I'm wondering.. is there someone more powerful than GTW or he's really the main corrupt one?

I finally watched the last two episodes (or four to be exact). Next week I will be on my holliday trip so no kdramas for me.

I loved the episodes especially that our three heroes are becoming a team. Suk Min is the experienced one so he will lead them very well. He is an old fox. Koo Tae-Won wanted to know what the new Splash team is working on his computer and he saw them playing Solitaire. :lol: 

I was surprised that Suk Min confronted his corrupt boss so early and I was worried because of that but if he will managed to deal with him it`s good.

Good scene between Suk Min and Tae Won.

tumblr_ouetn9FggZ1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_ouetn9FggZ1sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_ouetn9FggZ1sdd1ivo3_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_ouetn9FggZ1sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_ouetn9FggZ1sdd1ivo5_540.png

Another good scene was between Moo Young and Sora at the prosecutor office. They needed that moment. And I love how they are making a team now. Both are very competitive. The race between who runs faster was hilarious. They will make a very good couple. :)

16 hours ago, jongski said:

huh. what sick woman?! I guess I better watch ep 9-10. Hah. 

But I'm wondering.. is there someone more powerful than GTW or he's really the main corrupt one?

Yeah, we discovered that Koo Tae-Won is taking care of a sick woman, probably his wife. Of course there are people more powerful than him. He was once a good reporter but he betrayed his colleagues and  his integrity for power. Probably they gave him money and medical facilities for his wife`s illness in the beginning. That`s how someone is sucked in the corruption. They find your weakness, or they push you between a rock and hard place. Jeon Chan-Soo was another exemple. But they are now at the other side, helping and being the baddies.

Falsify: Episodes 9-10

by tineybeanie

falsify10-17881.jpg

Now it feels like things are finally coming together. Before, the plot seemed to be sending our three main heroes in wildly different directions, despite their ultimately common goal of finding the truth behind a tragic murder. But, this hour, it felt satisfying to see them start to form alliances with each other, no matter how tentative. So cheers to the beginning of our underdog un-Falsify team!

EPISODE 9 RECAP

falsify09-00006.jpg falsify09-00004.jpg

As Moo-young is about to close the van door and leave the framed (and now recently escaped) Seon-woo to be hidden by Boss Yang, Seon-woo hesitantly says thanks to Moo-young. To reassure him, Moo-young alludes to his own experience of being framed and tells Seon-woo that he’s here to take care of everything.

The van drives off with Seon-woo inside with the rest of the Patriot News Team, and Moo-young heads to the next place on his agenda.

Meanwhile, Seok-min stands in front of the locked doors to the room that contains the Splash Team servers. Chief Editor JUNG HAE-DONG is there to destroy them on Chief Gu’s orders, but Seok-min begs for one last chance to see Chief Gu.

--- Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/falsify-episodes-9-10/

COMMENTS

It amazes me the how deep Moo-young is sometimes. On the surface, it seems like he’s your average brash, reckless hero, who’s out for justice without considering the consequences. And to some extent this is true, especially when Boss Park died as an indirect result of Patriot News’s influence in creating a mob to chase him. However, this time around, Moo-young has shown that he has the ability to look at his own faults critically. When Seok-min approached him for the first time in years, Moo-young could have easily turned away, and through the caustic biting remarks during the beginning of their conversation, it could clearly be seen that he was still hurting from Seok-min’s betrayal during his time of need when Chul-ho died. However, when Seok-min pointed out that Moo-young might be making So-ra a scapegoat because he was blinded in his grief and just wanted someone to blame, Moo-young didn’t disregard his words entirely.

That fact alone shows that Moo-young is willing to grow; he’s willing to change his position, given new information. This maturity in Moo-young is mightily refreshing, in a dramaland populated with heroes that just seem to insist upon their own view and keep to their beliefs despite any shakeups along the way.

I think I’ve also grown to like him as a protagonist more and more because he seems to be the only one who really empathizes with the people in need. At the beginning of the ninth episode, Moo-young tells Seon-woo that he knows what he’s going through, and that speaks a lot about Moo-young. Because he understands what the victims are feeling, that just motivates him further to pursue his brand of justice for them.

Spoiler

If Moo-young’s primary motivation is getting justice for the victims and their loved ones, then I think Seok-min’s motivation would be finding the truth. Sure, he lost all his credibility and a good hoobae due to the Chairman Min incident five years ago, but Seok-min comes at this case from a cerebral rather than emotional place. His core identity is so intertwined with being an investigative reporter, that he can’t stop before he learns the truth behind a story. Five years ago, he was also blinded by external factors when it came to Chul-ho’s situation, but now that he’s finally gotten some new information, it looks like he’ll tear Daehan Daily apart from the inside if that’s what it takes to learn the truth.

While Moo-young truly seems to empathize with Seon-woo and the victims of injustice, So-ra, who really ought to be thinking like Moo-young, comes to them with sympathy, not empathy. For instance, even when Moo-young himself was reporting the doping case in his team, initially So-ra was sympathetic to his cause, but at the slightest hint of shadow in Moo-young’s integrity, she turned her back on him. In a similar way, she tried to be sympathetic with Tae-joon this episode to get him to confess what he knew about Seon-woo’s case. However, ultimately she wasn’t the one who got him to confess; it was Moo-young. I think that’s because he was thinking from Tae-joon’s level and understood the situation emotionally before asking his questions, rather than just stating his own point of view, like So-ra did by merely telling Tae-joon that the prosecutors were the good guys.

I’m glad they’re working together now after being at odds this entire time, because the lack of authority and credence in Patriot News’s reputation would definitely hinder any efforts for them to make headway into a large corruption case such as this one. I’m just wondering whether we’ll have any more dead bodies by the end, although the killer didn’t make an appearance this time around. Could he be one of the people we’ve already been introduced to? My bet would be on Lawyer Jo, but then again, he doesn’t seem like he would like to get his hands dirty with that line of work. So maybe we’ll get more information next time.

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

With all the new premieres, ongoing series, and backlogged shows on my plate, I sort of feel like it’s closet-cleaning time and I’m sorting through a big pile of possessions, figuring out what to keep and what to toss, and wondering how I amassed such a collection in such a short period of time. I could’ve sworn I was all caught up a moment ago! It’s like hoarding, the K-drama version. Is the cure… just watching them all? –javabeans

girlfriday

• Falsify: I enjoy this show when I’m watching, especially now that our various good guy threads are starting to come together in one common mission. After I watch it though, I almost immediately forget what’s happened. I think there’s just a limit to how much exposition my short-term memory will hold onto, and this show has a lot of it.

HeadsNo2

• Falsify: So last week, I thought the show had really picked up, though I hadn’t really fell in love with any of the characters involved. The show raises some interesting questions about the state of our news media today, regardless of location or culture. And while it’s doing that somewhat compellingly, I can’t actually feel all that compelled about watching. This week especially was twisty and turny and complicated, but it was a whole lot of talking. A whole lot.

cr

This drama catching my attention with every episode it's going to be more interesting cast to storyline perfect. Nam goong min ❤always prove himself For me he is second actor who play or act with eyes.....catching attention with every word.

RO18261891_ori.jpgRO65337798_ori.jpg

Spoiler

RO80368845_ori.jpgRO21681063_ori.jpgRO18614620_ori.jpg

RO73072911_ori.jpg

RO55419835_ori.jpg

Spoiler

RO74072564_ori.jpg

RO84079681_ori.jpg

Archived