[Drama 2017] Distorted / Falsify 조작

larus

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow just marathon the first four episodes and I have to admit I'm hook.. What will the team have to do in order to reveal the truth is create a lie in order for Daehan can be caught up in this conspircy.. Some how I think Daehan newspaper agency will slip up and get caught fabricating there own lies..

What I find weird is the prosecutor not requesting from the family to perfom another autopsy that will cofirm the tomes of death..

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Falsify" Episodes 3-4

photo871450.jpg

A few disappointments, betrayals and downfalls later, the leads of "Falsify" find themselves down on their luck and right back where things started, as the case of Park Eung-mo brings them closer to the people behind him. Goo Tae-won is enjoying his position of power and our heroes are still naive in many ways, but the foundations under the powerful criminals are beginning to shake.

Things have not changed much in five years, but all of our leads now hold important positions and information. Moo-yeong (Namgoong Min) works underground and So-ra (Eom Ji-won) for the law, but Seok-min (Yoo Joon-sang) is the one with the better grasp of how corrupt every system is after having been directly burned by their reach. This makes him important in this fight and so does being the one closest to the villain.

Spoiler

Seok-min and Officer JeonThe mystery handler and Tae-won

Speaking of whom, I am slightly disappointed to see that Goo Tae-won (Moon Sung-keun) seems to be the main villain or at least the brains behind the whole operation. What was earlier a slave working for others and taking orders from their right hand man has now become someone said others and their right hand man need input from. I wish the drama had kept the most powerful figures hidden for now, but perhaps their buttering up is only to humor Tae-won's ego for now.

Pampered henchman aside, I still like the drama's realistic approach to character flaws. Moo-yeong may have determination and the good sense to test others' loyalty, but he is still too slow to pick up on Daehan's involvement. Perhaps the fact that Cheol-ho (Oh Jung-se) was killed, rather than simply being fired led Moo-yeong to think that the publication was not involved. Whatever the case, he is clearly still a puppy in a dog's world and this makes Yang Dong-sik's (Jo Hee-bong) character matter as a seasoned mentor.

Moo-yeong and Dong-sik talkingMoo-yeong staging a show

I am glad to see this, because the humor is starting to feel forced. While seeing the Aeguk crew arguing over complimentary Chinese dishes is good social commentary about treatment based on status, such scenes push these characters to the designation of comedic relief, which will be a useless position when the comedy inevitably dies out. I hope the team will find balance in tone and function like their leader has.

Now that Tae-won has been established as the mastermind behind the actual masters, things may not be as exciting in terms of the mystery, but the different characters and their potential alignments make things meatier. We have many new faces in the workplaces of our three heroes and I look forward to discovering where they stand on the good/bad scale and how they will develop.

cr:hancinema

Guest my2centsworth

Oh My Goodness.......I am sooooooo hooked on this drama.  Don't have a star icon but if I did, I would give it 11......:heart:    Thank you Director Lee.........:D  Thank you   Thank you Writer  Kim.......:D  Thank you wonderful and talented Cast and Crew........:D   I can't express how much I love this drama ! ! !   Got to go back and watch again. So full of  twists and turns that I have to go  back and re-watch.  Can't wait till next week. Kdramaland has given me so many wonderful crime dramas lately that I don't know where to begin to thank everyone involved in them.  I love mystery/crime dramas and this one is on the top of my "to watch" list.

First Impressions: “Falsify” Is A Thrilling War Of Integrity And Corruption

Falsify.jpg

Browse through your Facebook newsfeed, and chances are, you will see some fake news. These news site links can be easily shared, or worse, people will read only the sensationalized, clickbait — sometimes outright false — headlines and will not bother examining the details. It’s the two-fold power of any kind of media (print, TV, or digital): to tell the truth, or distort it. And whatever the result of the distortion is, it has the power to change the reader’s perception. In “Falsify,” journalistic and political integrity are tested as several power players have something big at stake.

falsify2.jpg

The director is shown stepping on an inscription on the floor of Daeha News Organization, which has the company’s vision: “Don’t be afraid of any loss; only pursue the truth.” Cue foreboding music here.

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/27/first-impressions-falsify-thrilling-war-integrity-corruption/

I watched it last night all episodes and I am very pleased with the start. After Forest of Secrets (Stranger) this will be my next drama to be hooked.

I liked how the drama started. Just like a movie with credits and introduction in the story. I could feel the frustration of each major character when dealing with coruption ( Han Moo-Young was punished for speaking against the higher ups and could not prove that he did not take drugs, Lee Seok-Min and  Kwon So-Ra were demoted after the set up) but neither gave up. I was surprised that Lee Seok Min is not a bad guy. I expected him to be grey/ shady but so far he is on the good guy team. I cheer for all three to unite and bring down the baddies.  Good thing that Han Moo-Young has a judo background and knows how to fight. And he is a little ”wacho” to go undercover like this but I love it. I love Lee Seok Min and Kwom So Ra. Together with Moo Young can form ”The three musketeers” team and they can bring Oh Yoo-Kyung on the team too. :tongue:   Aeguk crew is funny. We need the comic relief.

A funny thing... I knew that some shows have two episodes of 35 minutes in the same day but I never watched one. When I wanted to start Falsify I saw 4 episodes instead of two and for a brief moment I was confused, feeling like I lost a week of my life. I was back to my senses after realizing my error. :lol:

@larus yeah, that 1 hour episode turned into 35 minutes teach same with episode 2. Seems to be the trend now. I'm about to watch with subs. So happy. I'm not watching kdramas at the moment after Duel (I kinda stop Forest of Secrets after what happened to ES.. but will binge watch the last 4 episodes)

@my2centsworth Chingu. I'll likely share your enthusiasm after I watch the drama. I like this kind of story plot.

@everyone and other soompiers here,  I read some tweets and not so favorable view of this drama some. Not sure why.  The tweeps sorta compared it  even  to Secret Forest/ Stranger. But I guess some viewers have different take on a drama.  Just curious what  everyone think about this. But anyway, I'm never influenced by them knetz. ^^

2 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm not watching kdramas at the moment after Duel (I kinda stop Forest of Secrets after what happened to ES.. but will binge watch the last 4 episodes)

Forest of Secret is great. Yeah,  It will be a pity to not finish it. After this week, I will continue with Falsify and I will start Criminal Minds (i am curious how it will be because I love the original show).

Now back to Falsify. About baddies.... It was revealed that he CEO of Daehan, Koo Tae-Won is corrupt from the start. His right man is creepy. There are others people who are in the evil league, who have the power to destort the truth. Will our heroes take everybody down?

Liking this new drama. Watched 4 episodes in one seating.

Good to see Nam Goongmin back to kind of character. I prefer him in this kind of drama genre.

I like the first two episodes and my favorite scene would be  Lee Suk Min and  Kwon So-Ra  removed from their respective positions due to their beliefs and integrity to their work. I like Kwon So-Ra as prosecutor. I'm happy with the choice of actress ( Chun Won Hee declined this)

The parallel between:  Lee Suk Min- Na Suns Shik  for Daehan  to that of Yang Dong Shik - Han Moo-Young for Aeguk. Mentor to the young reporters. Of course  Han Moo Young is not really a reporter just moonlighting because he's seeking revenge for his brother's death and wants to expose the corruption as well as uncover the truth to what his brother was writing about. Meanwhile...Suk Min  because he was demoted to the Daehan Publishing.. instead of being out there investigating, he can only watch on the sidelines.  It seems he's a mentor so Sung Shik who gets his scoop  from his sources which is  Han Moo Young... but of course  for a price. Thumbs up for Yoo Joon Sang. I like him as good reporter. If you watch Pied Piper drama, he was a journalist/anchor but used his position  in the wrong way.

Ep 4 - I'm pissed that once again, a scoop got nullified because the source which happens to be Aeguk, was discredited because it's 'online tabloid news media'. Sung Shik got rattled by the  boss so Daehan announced a public apology for falsifying news scoop about Park Eung Mo.  I think if there's a young reporter they can use and will use for something it will be Sung Shik

Gun Tae Won spreading his corruption and hiding his wrong doings through his right hand man- Jo Young Ki. As was the case of the doctor in the hospital -  victims time of death was adjusted,  I feel for bad Kwon So-Ra. She's going to indict PMS for human trafficking but since he knows a lot can spill the beans,  GTW had to do something. He had a meeting meting with her boss. After meeting with that corrupt power man, that 'toad' boss ordered her to just indicted for murder and bury everything else. Meaning do not  touch on the human trafficking which once again frustrates her. She is good and righteous.

And l also would like Han Moo Young, Lee Suk Min, Kwon Sora to work together. And then  Suk Min to get Splash news team again and Aeguk reporters.

Daehan newspaper is run by someone who can just sweep under the rug a fact of corruption and cover up wrong doings of  the powerful people with position.

I can already feel. I'm going to like this more than Criminal Minds. But side OT. Jeon Hye Bin in this drama while Lee Jung Ki for CM. Good looking impressive talents of Namooactors in current kdramas. This agency and (tpc prain) have talented actors.

Guest my2centsworth
16 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus yeah, that 1 hour episode turned into 35 minutes teach same with episode 2. Seems to be the trend now. I'm about to watch with subs. So happy. I'm not watching kdramas at the moment after Duel (I kinda stop Forest of Secrets after what happened to ES.. but will binge watch the last 4 episodes)

@my2centsworth Chingu. I'll likely share your enthusiasm after I watch the drama. I like this kind of story plot.

@everyone and other soompiers here,  I read some tweets and not so favorable view of this drama some. Not sure why.  The tweeps sorta compared it  even  to Secret Forest/ Stranger. But I guess some viewers have different take on a drama.  Just curious what  everyone think about this. But anyway, I'm never influenced by them knetz. ^^

This drama has something that we see in 99.9% of all kdramas and that is corruption. This time we are seeing it again, but it has many twists and turns that could cause someone......like me...lol, to have to go back and re-watch the esps so as to not miss any of those twists and turns. The title "Falsity" tells me we have a group of powerful people who want to control the business section and more that likely the political scene too in order to control the country and stuff their already stuffed pockets even more. Pulling a great reporter in the "fold" like HCH was and then somehow getting him to hide crucial info out and hiding it and then this info released, making HCH uncredible as a reporter, then killing him as he is no longer useful plus would also be able to find out that he was their "patsy". Now that same group has done the same thing to HCH's brother, HMY.  There is still the mystery as to why HMY was kicked out the karate team for drug use. We know he was framed, but it had to be the leverage that "the group" used to get HCH to falsity his news article. Sometimes when drama gives us twists and turns and this one has right from the start, it becomes hard for some to understand what exactly is happening. Does for me....that is why I had to go back and re-watch the first and second esps.

I have watched so many great crime drams lately and hated to see them end. Kdramaland has given us so many wonderful written and produced ones that this one has been added to my list.  I started watching Criminal Minds as I was once a big fan of the American version. But this was if far more intriguing and exciting. When I can sit and watch a good Kdrama and not want to miss a word, that makes is grand to me. I can't say that for CM. I don't watch the American one anymore as it was to easy to figure out "who dun it" and it was also very violent. Over the top violent to me. Falsity has it all for me. Suspense, mystery and intriguing. With 2 esps of CM, I have found myself already skipping parts. That tells me, it may be good in the rating, but this drama is one the top of my list and should get great rating too.

One last thing.......NEVER LISTEN TO THE CRITICS......lol  They try to influence us to watch what they like. I want to judge a drama or movie on my own. And sometimes it takes more that 2 esps to really like or dislike something. All of you ready to go elsewhere to watch another drama......stick around and come into the forum. We can all contribute with our thoughts and questions. I love reading others comments. Makes me go back and watch parts over that will help me. This drama has 11 stars in my personal ratings.......but that could come to change.....as you know, things can go  and change our point of views. But for now, I will anxiously be waiting for the next esp with subs. :wink:

Falsify: Episodes 1-2

by tineybeanie

falsify01-29921-1.jpg

Revenge plot. Prosecutors. Cops. Journalists. Initially, Falsify seemed like a thousand other legal dramas that we’ve been inundated with this year (see: Whisper, Defendant). However, these first episodes were a pleasant surprise and had a nice balance between comedy and drama, supported by a dark mystery underneath it all. There’s some talented acting here as well, and I’m pretty curious to find out how our sweet naive judo athlete suddenly turns into a jaded kickass night journalist.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

falsify01-00030-1.jpgfalsify01-00027-1.jpg

A man walks down a hallway with a thick folder in hand, arriving at an empty room where a desk with a corded phone awaits him. He grumbles as he puts the folder on the desk and picks up the phone. On the other line, a dark silhouette picks up—it’s our hero, HAN MOO-YOUNG (Namgoong Min).

The man giving him information is a cop, Lieutenant JEON CHAN-SOO (Jung Man-shik), and Lieutenant Jeon tells Moo-young not to blackmail him any further and to stop hiding in the shadows and begin acting like a real journalist. But Moo-young tells him to look up at the Patriot Newspaper motto, which is written on the wooden plaque above him: “The eyes of the trash reporter brightens the world.”

falsify01-00049.jpg

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/falsify-episodes-1-2/

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Distorted / Falsify 조작 Starring Namgoong Min , Yoo Joon Sang & Uhm Ji Won

Falsify: Episodes 3-4

by festerfaster

falsify03-04-00016.jpg

Some heroes find their line in the sand through tragic incidents while others work their whole lives to do the right thing. This story deals with the latter kind of everyday heroes, the sort that have become extremely familiar with the taste of defeat. I’m impressed with what I’ve seen so far, and the stakes are high enough for our three leads to make for an edge-of-your-seat viewing experience. Let’s hope they can keep this pace going.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/falsify-episodes-3-4/

=====

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching??

Life has been a bit chaotic lately, and that means I’ve not only fallen behind on shows I’m watching, but also haven’t been able to pick up as many new shows as I’d otherwise like to. But there are some promising new titles in this bunch, and I’m determined to get a taste of everything on my plate… soon… someday… –javabeans

girlfriday

• Falsify: That was a slick premiere episode. The corruption plot is like the 700th one this year alone, but I really like the journalism angle on this one. It beats lawyers and cops, at least in terms of freshness, and it has a great David and Goliath setup between the respectable (but totally corrupt) national newspaper and the trashy (but actually legit) tabloid run out of a storage container.

HeadsNo2

• Falsify: I don’t know if it’s corruption fatigue, but this show feels a bit phoned-in, at least plotwise. I feel like I’ve seen this show before, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I don’t feel compelled by what’s happening on screen. It’s a classic revenge/takedown scheme with a good actor at its core, but I’m waiting to see what else it has to offer.

cr: dramabeans

Archived