[Drama 2017] Distorted / Falsify 조작

larus

2 hours ago, jongski said:

The mess that is the heroine. So the drama is without a female lead, still.  So is it because this drama is male-centric?

I'm not really familiar with  female actors.. bu how about the one from Master's Revenge? Jung Yoo Mi?" not sure of her name..Nana? the one from The Good Wife or maybe  Lee Yu R? from Heaven's Promise  Kim Seo Eun? from Liar Game.  Not really sure what kind they're looking for when it comes to the female lead.

It is sad that even if it is a male centric drama they could make the female role important and interesting. Why not balance the importance between male and female lead? 

There are so many actresses without work. They will find an actress but it talkes time because they have to negotiate the contract first and then announce when they make a done deal.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The searching for the female lead is over? Actress Lee Jung Hyun is likely to be cast in drama Falsify. Other reports said that she was given the offer and she positively reviewing the offer. But there is an article that is saying that Lee Jung-hyun's official said in a telephone conversation with OSEN on the 2nd, "Lee Jung-hyun is unable to appear on the schedule."

20170103_1483441676_53363600_1.jpg?14963

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=988715

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110658552

My head is spinning... What`s going on? The news came up too early or she has refused the role already?

@larus oh so now we have female lead. And I don't know who she is but, maybe I've seen her other works but I just don't know. But what is exactly the role of the female lead? They better give some weight and importance considering took several names to fill and search for the the one they  approve of.

But then.. "unable to appear on the schedule" so yeah, what's really going on. Don't even know the real reason Chun Wo Hee decline the role.

29 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

This is becoming fishy and uncomfortable to follow the news. More and more female lead prospects are turning down the offer. What will the female lead do in this drama anyway for the actresses to shun it right away ? I am so curious as you gals. Also, notice that the second female lead JHB secured her spot and no chance of her being chosen the lead role, why so?

Time is running out for this show. I hope this won't be cancelled because NGM. Argh, we all know how dedicated he is in his work. Please no more City Conquest on this. He and the other casts don't deserve this.

@LyraYoo @larus@evie7 @nymeria289

So right! that is really the question.  Up to now I'm still not sure what the female lead character is about. It's become a carousel of sorts  them trying to choose who best fits the role yet we see these female actors turning down (seems to be that way) or not unsure of they want to. Also my same question.. why not just JHB? But wait, perhaps her role has more weight than the female lead? and character would be with the bunch of reporters? which is like the main story of the drama, so maybe that could be a reason.

24 minutes ago, jongski said:

@larus oh so now we have female lead. And I don't know who she is but, maybe I've seen her other works but I just don't know. But what is exactly the role of the female lead? They better give some weight and importance considering took several names to fill and search for the the one they  approve of.

But then.. "unable to appear on the schedule" so yeah, what's really going on. Don't even know the real reason Chun Wo Hee decline the role.

All three name for the leading role made more movies than dramas so that`s why many people did not see them on the small screen. I foud out about Lee Jung Hyun in 2015 when she did SBS weekend drama The Family is Coming. I did not finished that drama but at least I found out about her. She is well known on Korean entertainment. She is a singer and an actress. She one of the singers who introduced techno genre in Korea and she seems to won some acting awards too. 

It seems that Chun Woo Hee has declined the role because she had a better offer. She accepted tvN drama and she will play a rookie journalist. She chose very carefully her new drama role and good for her. Maybe her schedules are accomodating better doing tvN drama instead of Falsify. The funny part she is costaring with another colleague from Namooactors in that drama too.

They are in a crisis.  They insist to cast a well known actress for the role. Lee Jung Hyun maybe has indeed a schedule conflict because she has to promote her last movie "The Battleship Island" or maybe she refused the role because is not a compelling one. At this point they better offer the role to someone who was not active lately and it is eager to work again. There are so many actresses who want to work. 

35 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Time is running out for this show. I hope this won't be cancelled because NGM. Argh, we all know how dedicated he is in his work. Please no more City Conquest on this. He and the other casts don't deserve this.

I don`t think they will cancel but they should  find a leading actress soon. They can make an offer to someone less known but who has potential of leading lady. Or they should switch roles. Make the role of Jeon Hye Bin the heroine and give the part of the prosecutor to someone else. 

I wish Jeon Hye Bin will just be the female lead. But again as I said, perhaps, the role that she secured has more dimension. But anyway, still not familiar with her. Well, only that she's irl otp with ljk ( saw her in happy together May episode)

I'm going to watch this because I'm excited to see Nam Goongmin in this kind of a role. Just something more emotionally dark cos that's how I always to see him and his acting.  though nothing wrong with rom-com character, he's such a terrific impressive actor. But still I prefer him in his comfort zone drama.

Fingers crossed, this drama will be a good one.

Oh, my Still no actress?

On 5/30/2017 at 11:37 PM, larus said:

A drama official said on July 30 that "the actress who was orriginally was looking positivily for the role dropped in the end". "We are looking into various aspects, but the situation is not good."  According to officials, Cheon Woo-hee and Kim Ok-bin, whose names were mentioned, were mostly on the screen rather than drama, so they had a heavy burden on viewer ratings. Another reason is that the role of the heroine in the drama, which deals with the stories of reporters exploring social absurdities, is not as stronger than expected, and the volume is not large. In addition, when the actor's name is revealed and released, there are many times when actors are reluctant to the work because of the 'invisible battles'.

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170530/84641300/3

This is what I don't understand, why try to cast an actress who mostly does movies? And why do I feel they are trying to put some of the blame on the actor whose name was released? If I'm having trouble with reading comprehension please enlighten me on this last question. I'm getting very annoyed w/the way the drama officials are trying to explain this. I wish they would just cast a suitable actress, instead of trying to make a big splash w/the dream casting.

@jongski I don't understand why JHB isn't in the running for the lead but I do like some of the names you listed for the part

On 6/2/2017 at 7:14 AM, LyraYoo said:

NGM does not deserve this. I don't think they will cancel it, I hope not maybe they will push it back..Oh well. Thanks to everyone's updates. I hope we hear some good news soon. 

Two more actresses decline SBS’s Falsify, show still without leading lady

by tipsymocha

kimokbin_105a.jpg

Yikes. We’re about a month and a half away from the premiere of SBS’s upcoming legal thriller Falsify, and the show is still without its leading lady. Recent reports had named Kim Ok-bin (The Villainess) and Lee Jung-hyun (Split, Roaring Currents) as potential candidates for the female prosecutor role, but both the actresses’ management teams have since clarified that they’ve turned down their offers.

The rest of the main cast has already confirmed their roles in the show, and Namgoong Min (Chief Kim), Yoo Joon-sang (Pied Piper), and Jeon Hye-bin (Woman With a Suitcase) have already begun shoots for Falsify. This isn’t the first time a drama’s had trouble finding a leading lady, and if I recall correctly, Park So-dam didn’t join the production of last year’s Beautiful Mind until less than a month from the show’s premiere. But, well, we all know how that ended.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/two-more-actresses-decline-sbss-falsify-show-still-without-leading-lady/

Yes, we have the heroine.

20170607085700306.jpg

Finally,

Um Ji-won was cast as the protagonist of the SBS new drama "Falsify" which will be broadcast in July. The process was not smooth.

She will play a senior graduate of the Judicial Research and Training Institute and is the youngest female judge. She is a member of the prosecutor's office.The setting of 'the youngest female examiner' seems to be revised.

Um Ji Won said " I will read the script of this week and start my first filming "

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/926/NB11478926.html

http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&&year=2017&no=379122

I never saw her in anything or heard of her but from the filmography I read, she is an experienced actress playing in movies and dramas. I am glad they can continue shooting without worry.

Annyeong, my first post here. Finally we have a complete casts. Yea... SBS drama casting is quite a mess these days... Hahhaha.... The four leads are all actors and actresses... :D it has been very very long time since saw Uhm Ji-won. I watched her for the first and last time on Sign SBS 2011 :D:o six years ago.... Now she will play a role as prosecutor again, ohh judge. Well one month to go... See you then chingu... I see many familiar faces here... So happy...:grin:

17 minutes ago, Mayyes said:

. Now she will play a role as prosecutor again, ohh judge.

I think she will be a prosecutor. I used Google translations and it comes up with the youngest judge and then prosecutor in the same article. Good thing that we know information about the drama from other sources. :D

Uhm Ji-Won cast for lead female role in SBS drama series “Falsify”

Falsify-tp1.jpg

Uhm Ji-Won is cast for the lead female role in upcoming SBS drama series “Falsify” (literal title) co-starring Namgung Min & Yu Jun-Sang. For the drama series, Uhm Ji-Won will play Kwon So-Ra. Her character works as a prosecutor and good at what she does. The first script reading for the drama series will take place in the coming days.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/uhm-ji-won-cast-for-lead-female-role-in-sbs-drama-series-falsify

Finally a female lead has been chosen.  Don't know her . She looks older than Nam Goongmin. Reading the article above, it's been four years since she last did a drama. Hoping we'll see  good acting to  compliment Nam Goongmin and other cast.  I'll be watching this drama.  Thanks all for updates.

3 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Ah finally. I saw her in movie Master and she is a feisty woman in there 

A coincidence... or not.  They looked for actresses who appeared more in movies than dramas. 

I would like if Lee Si-un will do a cameo. I am glad they remained friends.

@jongski, they were born in the same year. She is nine months younger... so he is an oppa to her. :D

SBS’s Falsify finds its female lead in Eom Ji-won

by tipsymocha

eomjiwon-falsify.jpg

Finally! And not a moment too soon: Eom Ji-won (Master, Thrice Married Woman) has officially confirmed that she will be joining Namgoong Min (Chief Kim), Yoo Joon-sang (Pied Piper), and Jeon Hye-bin (Woman With a Suitcase) in SBS’s upcoming legal thriller Falsify. The first script reading with the entire cast is scheduled for this week, and they plan to start shooting for the show straightaway.

Eom Ji-won will play Kwon So-ra, a prosecutor who graduated at the top of her class and became well-known for becoming the youngest-ever female rookie. She doesn’t sound very popular, though: Her ambition and direct way of speaking makes her the subject of jealousy and suspicion in the prosecutor’s office. Kwon So-ra will work together with Namgoong Min and Yoo Joon-sang’s reporter characters to uncover corruption.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/sbss-falsify-finds-its-female-lead-in-eom-ji-won/

On 6/6/2017 at 11:17 PM, larus said:

I never saw her in anything or heard of her but from the filmography I read, she is an experienced actress playing in movies and dramas. I am glad they can continue shooting without worry.

Me either but I looked her up too, I'm just happy we have our lead actresshappy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

On 6/7/2017 at 0:12 PM, LyraYoo said:

i think based on her portfolio she has a good caliber like NGM . :)

I think so too chingu. I'm happy NGM is cast w/an actress that can act, PD-nim got his movie actress. I feel a whole lot better:D

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

Me either but I looked her up too, I'm just happy we have our lead actresshappy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Yes,  the drama finally has a leading lady. I am pleased with the choice. I like to discover new actors/actresses, especially talented ones.

9 hours ago, larus said:

Yes,  the drama finally has a leading lady. I am pleased with the choice. I like to discover new actors/actresses, especially talented ones.

I agree and she does have some good credentials, I can wait to see her and NGM act together.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived