[Drama 2017] Distorted / Falsify 조작

larus

May 15 2017

Yu Jun-Sang & Jeon Hye-Bin cast in SBS drama series “Falsify”

Falsify-tp222.jpg

Yu Jun-Sang and Jeon Hye-Bin are now cast for upcoming SBS drama series “Falsify” (literal title) co-starring Namgung Min. In the drama series Yu Jun-Sang will play Lee Seok-Min. He is the leader of a splash team of reporters, responsible for investigative stories. Jeon Hye-Bin will play Oh Yoo-Kyung. She is veteran photo journalist and joins the splash team to make a positive social change.

“Falsify” first airs July 24, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/yu-jun-sang-jeon-hye-bin-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-falsify

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus is Jeon Hye Bin gonna be the female lead?

She is one of the leads. I think she is the second female lead but I hope she will have an important role in this drama. We`ll see soon who will take the role who was previously offered to Chun Woo Hee.

@larus Thank You for starting this thread!

I'm here for my Namgoong Min. I'm so happy we get to see him in 2 dramas this year happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

@irilight Where are you? Come join us chingu:D 

I don't know what to think since they are filming w/out a lead actress. They just give it to Jeon Hye Bin, she's a good actress. When I first read about this drama I thought she was cast as the lead. I guess we will hear something soon.

@jongski @LyraYoo @sava2savadragonhiplz.gif?1

According to an official of the broadcasting company on April 24, Kim Ok Bin received a proposal for starring role in SBS drama Falsify Kim Ok-bin, who had a busy schedule due to the advancement of the movie The Villainess"', plans to conduct a specific review on the appearance of the drama. If Kim Ok-bin is confirmed, she will return to the small screen in about three years after JTBC's "Yuna Street" broadcast in 2014.

201705241757779928_59254c9f03cd2.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110651880

On 5/17/2017 at 10:12 AM, evie7 said:

@larus Thank You for starting this thread!

I'm here for my Namgoong Min. I'm so happy we get to see him in 2 dramas this year happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

@irilight Where are you? Come join us chingu:D 

I don't know what to think since they are filming w/out a lead actress. They just give it to Jeon Hye Bin, she's a good actress. When I first read about this drama I thought she was cast as the lead. I guess we will hear something soon.

@jongski @LyraYoo @sava2savadragonhiplz.gif?1

hello chingu-deul... happy to see you peeps here too! @jongski @sava2sava @evie7  yeah... me here for NGM n JHB heheeheheh 

I think NGM cameo in MTM coincide with his filming for Falsify perhaps... heheeheheheh 

It looks like we have another actress in talks for the main female role.

Actress Kang Han-na is discussing about the appearance in SBS Falsify. 

20170525105102043.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/573/NB11473573.html

For me, it would have been better for either Chun Woo Hee or Kim Ok Bin to take the role. I am surprised that Kang Han Na  was chosen to be the lead actress in this drama but I usually trust the casting.  I think this would be her first lead role if she will accept (and I am sure she will accept). Hope they will have the whole cast soon.

Actor Moon Seung-geun has confirmed the appearances of SBS New Moon drama 'Falsify (Operation)'.

A SBS official said "Moon Sung-geun has confirmed the appearance  in drama `Falsify'."  Moon Sung Keun appeared in the drama in eight years after the SBS drama 'Princess Ja Myung' which was broadcast in 2009.

201705181535779635_591d4120ba044.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110647304

Other confirmation...

Supporting roles

Actor  Kim Gang-Hyun

107560_115156_4731.jpg

http://www.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=107560

Actress Oh Ah-Yeon

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170525

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201705250730177174011_1

7 hours ago, hmseen said:

hello chingu-deul... happy to see you peeps here too! @jongski @sava2sava @evie7  yeah... me here for NGM n JHB heheeheheh 

I think NGM cameo in MTM coincide with his filming for Falsify perhaps... heheeheheheh 

Hellohello-red-crab-emoticon.gifGood to see you here!

@larus I hope she takes the part. I haven't watched her in anything but I remember a lot of people liked her performance in YooNa's Street. I don't remember Kang Ha Na in Mirror of the Witch but at this point I will be happy that the casting is done too.

25 minutes ago, evie7 said:

@larus I hope she takes the part. I haven't watched her in anything but I remember a lot of people liked her performance in YooNa's Street. I don't remember Kang Ha Na in Mirror of the Witch but at this point I will be happy that the casting is done too.

It looks like Kim Ok Bin will not be in this drama. It would have been nice to see her again on the small screen but she is busy promoting her new movie. Yoona`s Street was a good drama.

At first I did not remember who Kang Han Na is but she looked familiar. I don`t remember her in Miss Korea but I remember her newest role as  the antagonist princess in Moon Lovers. She is OK.

I hope both second leads have good roles here because I will watch this for them and NamgoongMin, and because I like thrillers. :wink:

4 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Seems like SBS denied the first issued article. Kang Hana did audition but the role was not given to her.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110652391

I don`t understand why so many misinformations. So, that means we still have to wait to see if Kim Ok Bin will take the role. Fine. Hope they cast the female lead sooner rather than later.

Search for Falsify’s female lead narrows in on Kim Ok-bin

by tineybeanie

kob_false.jpg

Let’s hope this casting sticks! Kim Ok-bin (The Villainess, Yoo-na’s Street) is the latest name in the running to become the female lead of SBS’s upcoming thriller Falsify. For a brief while, there was mention of Kang Han-na (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) being considered, but SBS has stated that she didn’t make the cut. Earlier, Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing) had been the likely candidate, but she ultimately didn’t take the role (which caused a mini-controversy due to some misunderstandings about how late she made her decision).

Falsify is about a group of reporters who break stories on society’s injustices and portray the everyday harsh realities resulting from corruption’s influence. If Kim Ok-bin decides to join the cast, she’ll be in great company because Jeon Hye-bin (Woman With a Suitcase) and Namgoong Min (Chief Kim) have already confirmed, as well as veteran actors like Yoo Joon-sang (Pied Piper) and Moon Sung-geun (The Tooth and the Nail). They’re all on Team Reporter, but Kim has been offered the part of Kwon So-ra, who’s a part of the justice system. She is a character who graduated top of her class in law school, becoming the youngest female to ever join the prosecutor’s office.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/search-for-falsifys-female-lead-narrows-in-on-kim-ok-bin/

9 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Seems like SBS denied the first issued article. Kang Hana did audition but the role was not given to her.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110652391

This is a lot drama before the drama but I'm watching 1 where they had 2 announced actress turn it down, the actress who got the part is wonderful. I couldn't imagine the other 2 in the role.

5 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t understand why so many misinformations. So, that means we still have to wait to see if Kim Ok Bin will take the role. Fine. Hope they cast the female lead sooner rather than later.

One would hope they cast her soon since it looks like NGM is already filming. 

@larus@evie7 I'm clueless about all the possible female leads mentioned. I only know Chun Woo-Hee as I recently watched one of her movies. Is JHB not cut out for the female lead role? or is she too young? or old? I'm not familiar with her as well. But.....

With all the drama behind the casting, hoping this would turn out to be good and right choices  are done. I like the plot with social human relevance about reporters and injustice. Fingers crossed, good script for this.  I noticed Yoo Joon Sang will play media man again.  He was journalist/anchor in Pied Pied.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm clueless about all the possible female leads mentioned. I only know Chun Woo-Hee as I recently watched one of her movies. Is JHB not cut out for the female lead role? or is she too young? or old? I'm not familiar with her as well. But.....

With all the drama behind the casting, hoping this would turn out to be good and right choices  are done. I like the plot with social human relevance about reporters and injustice. Fingers crossed, good script for this.  I noticed Yoo Joon Sang will play media man again.  He was journalist/anchor in Pied Pied.

I know who is Chun Woo hee, I read about her and I know she is a good actress but I did not get the chance to see her act. I usually don`t watch kmovies. I hoped she will choose this role but that`s it. Maybe with another ocasion. Kim Ok Bin is another good choice for this role. I know her from Yoona`s Street and watched her a little in Blade and Petal but she is more known for her movies too. Maybe Jeon Hye Bin will be lucky one day and will get first lead roles. Sometime that`s about luck too. One thing is to be second lead to CWH or KOB and another thing is to be second lead to an actress with much less experience and recognition but it happens in kdramaland. We should concentrate about the roles, they will know what they are doing, who they cast. They will choose the right man/ woman for the role. It`s their job. I wish we have a female protagonist soon. I accept their choice.

Yes, Yoo Joon Sang will be a journalist/ anchor again. Maybe this time he is not the baddie but he is good playing good or villains. :wink:

On 5/26/2017 at 2:18 AM, jongski said:

@larus@evie7 I'm clueless about all the possible female leads mentioned. I only know Chun Woo-Hee as I recently watched one of her movies. Is JHB not cut out for the female lead role? or is she too young? or old? I'm not familiar with her as well. But.....

Your doing better than me, the only one I'm familiar w/is JHB. I've only watched her in Joseon Gunman, she was good in that drama.  As far as the script being good I'm just trusting NGM on this one. He has picked 4 good dramas in a row so I'm trusting that this one will be good too. 

On 5/25/2017 at 5:26 PM, larus said:

It looks like we have another actress in talks for the main female role.

Actress Kang Han-na is discussing about the appearance in SBS Falsify. 

For me, it would have been better for either Chun Woo Hee or Kim Ok Bin to take the role. I am surprised that Kang Han Na  was chosen to be the lead actress in this drama but I usually trust the casting.  I think this would be her first lead role if she will accept (and I am sure she will accept). Hope they will have the whole cast soon.

I knew sort had an idea that Kim Ok Bin will have tough time committing if she plans on taking her film through more film festival circuits and press tour and all. She would be totally awesome but let us see.

But Kang Han Na would be great. I've seen her in films too besides Scarlet Heart and she has good screen presence and acting skills. Whoever it is, it will turn out great. 

Actress Park Kyung Hye From “Goblin” To Join Namgoong Min And Others In New SBS Drama

Park-Kyung-Hye.jpg
Actress Park Kyung Hye, who stole the hearts of viewers as a ghost in tvN’s “Goblin,” is set to appear in the upcoming SBS drama, “Fabrication” (literal title).
Her agency confirmed the news on May 30 but added that the actress has not yet started filming. Park Kyung Hye is set to play the intelligent and hardworking reporter Seo Na Rae of Ae Gook News, where Han Moo Young (played by Namgoong Min) also works.

Spoiler

Image from drama Goblin. She played one of the ghost.

parkkyunghye_1485747694.jpg

The lead actress is not cast yet.

SBS New drama 'Falsify', where is the heroine?

84641440.2.jpg

SBS new drama 'Falsify' has faced a difficulty from the beginning.  The drama, which attracts attention as the next work of Namgoong Min, who came to the top of the line through the drama Chief Kim', is suffering from failure to cast a heroine. The drama that first broadcasted on July 24 began the first filming after the main character was cast earlier this month. Currently, the production team is planning to shoot only with them except for the heroine, and to finish the casting of the heroine as soon as possible, but it is not smooth.

A drama official said on July 30 that "the actress who was orriginally was looking positivily for the role dropped in the end". "We are looking into various aspects, but the situation is not good."  According to officials, Cheon Woo-hee and Kim Ok-bin, whose names were mentioned, were mostly on the screen rather than drama, so they had a heavy burden on viewer ratings. Another reason is that the role of the heroine in the drama, which deals with the stories of reporters exploring social absurdities, is not as stronger than expected, and the volume is not large. In addition, when the actor's name is revealed and released, there are many times when actors are reluctant to the work because of the 'invisible battles'.

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20170530/84641300/3

What a mess. I want this issue to be resolve soon. What is upsetting me is that they recognize from the beginning that their female leading role is not big or a strong role as expected. I totally understand that establisedh actresses are refusing the role. Why look for them if the role is not appealing? It is an emergency so they could cast someone who is not that popular or very known.

The mess that is the heroine. So the drama is without a female lead, still.  So is it because this drama is male-centric?

I'm not really familiar with  female actors.. bu how about the one from Master's Revenge? Jung Yoo Mi?" not sure of her name..Nana? the one from The Good Wife or maybe  Lee Yu R? from Heaven's Promise  Kim Seo Eun? from Liar Game.  Not really sure what kind they're looking for when it comes to the female lead.

Archived