[Drama 2017] Distorted / Falsify 조작

larus

2017 SBS DRAMA FALSIFY 조작

WE11747893_ori.jpg

Drama: Falsify/Distorted

Hangul: 조작

Network: SBS

Episodes: 32 (35 minutes each episode, 2 episodes/day)

Genre: legal thriller

Director: Lee Jung-heum

Writer: Kim Hyun-jung

Released: July 24, 2017- September 12, 2017

Runtime: Mondays and Tuesdays22:00 (following drama My Sassy Girl)

Official site: http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programMainList.do?pgm_id=22000010462

Other sites: http://asianwiki.com/Falsify_(Korean_Drama)

http://www.koreandrama.org/falsify/

Plot

The drama is about a world where the truth has been turned upside-down, and a prosecutor and a journalist who aim to turn that world right-side up.

Cast

tumblr_orhvkzzoHI1sdd1ivo4_r2_540.png

Namgung Min- Han Moo-Young

Uhm Ji-Won  - Kwon Soo-ra

Yu Jun-Sang - Lee Seok-min

Moon Sung-Geun-  Koo Tae-Won

Jeon Hye-Bin - Oh Yu Kyung

Ryu Seung-Soo - Cho Young-ki

Kim Gang-Hyun - Lee Yong Sik

Oh Ah-Yeon - Kong Ji Won

Kim Min-Sang - Jeong Hae Dong

Park Sung-Hoon - Na Sung Sik

Choi Gwi-Hwa - Yang Chu Seong

Jung Hee-Tae - Park Jin Woo

Ahn Ji-Hoon - Yang Sang-Ho

Kim Hye-Seong - Song Tae Joon

Lee Joo-Seung - Yoon Sun Woo

Park Kyung-Hye - Seo Na Rae

Oh Jung-Se - Han Cheol ho

Park Ji-Young - Cha Yeon-Soo

Park Jung-Hak - Park Eung Moo

Park Won-Sang - Im Ji-Tae

Jeong Man-Sik - Jeon Chan-Soo

Kim Ki-Nam - Lee Byung-Gwan

Character description

2017071901001768500128921.jpg&key=aa3aba

Han Moo Young (Namgoong min) is a reporter to take revenge upon those responsible for his brother`s death. His older brother was also a reporter who died trying to reveal a corruption case.

Kwon Soo Ra (Uhm Ji Won) is a prosecutor in the violent crimes division who has never shown weakness in her entire life. She graduated at the top of her class and was under a spotlight at the prosecutor’s office for being the youngest female prosecutor in history. She’s success-driven and forthright and outspoken, which leads her peers to be envious or suspicious of her.

Lee Seok Min (Yoo Joon-sang) is a journalist, a cynical, stubborn, prickly ajusshi who’s a skeptic with a lot of grievances to air. He was once a famed legend at the city desk, but because of his lack of filter and inflexible personality, he made enemies of the newspaper bigwigs.

Oh Yoo Kyung (Jeon Hye Bin) is has a long working hystory with  Lee Suk Min (Yoo Jun Sang).

Poster

Falsify-03.jpg

WE90199992_ori.jpg&key=c59168409ffae9247

Spoiler

DElEtMcUwAAqDlW.jpg&key=1fd7103bc2df2d47

DElEvQoUQAE-BmS.jpg&key=3dad55683c704673

DElFVYZUIAIvnOW.jpg&key=05efa81ee7eafbc8

DElFVYZU0AAaap8.jpg&key=b345642b4004a1ff

DElFVYxVwAEgg3b.jpg&key=567339fb14505a7b

Teasers/ Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
April 20 2017

Namgung Min cast in SBS drama series “Falsify”

Falsify_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Namgung Min is cast in new SBS drama series “Falsify.” Currently, Chun Woo-Hee is considering an offer to play the lead female role. Yu Jun-Sang and Jeon Hye-Bin are considering offers to play major supporting characters. In drama series “Falsify,” Namgung Min will play Reporter Han Moo-Young. His older brother was also a reporter. While his brother was trying to reveal corruption, he died. After that, Han Moo-Young became a reporter to take revenge upon those responsible for his brother’s death.

“Falsify” first airs July, 2017 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “My Sassy Girl“).

Chun Woo-hee, Yoo Joon-sang consider new SBS legal thriller Falsify

by girlfriday

ChunWooHee_YooJoonSang1.jpg

We’re about to be up to our eyeballs in prosecutors, which seems to be the hot career choice for drama characters this year. On the heels of their latest hit drama Defendant, SBS has announced that they’re going to produce a new legal drama called Falsify, about prosecutors and reporters. Offers are out to Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing) and Yoo Joon-sang (Pied Piper) to play the leading roles, and they’re considering favorably.

The drama is about a world where the truth has been turned upside-down, and a prosecutor and a journalist who aim to turn that world right-side up. Between this drama, Defendant, Whisper, Beware This Woman, and While You Were Sleeping, it sounds like SBS plans to fill their entire year with legal eagles. The new series comes from PD Lee Jung-heum, who was the second PD on Jealousy Incarnate and directed the drama special I’m After You, and writer Kim Hyun-jung, a junior writer on Who Are You–School 2015 who also wrote drama specials Junior High Student Miss A and Her Perfect Day.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/chun-woo-hee-yoo-joon-sang-consider-new-sbs-legal-thriller-falsify/

Jeon Hye-bin up to join SBS’s Falsify as photojournalist

by tipsymocha

jeonhyebin-falsify.jpg

It looks like 2017 will be the year for legal dramas, at least for SBS. Jeon Hye-bin (Woman With a Suitcase, Oh Hae-young Again) is up to potentially join Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing) and Yoo Joon-sang (Pied Piper) in upcoming legal thriller Falsify. All three are still positively considering their offers, but I hope they confirm, because that would be one strong cast.

If she accepts, Jeon Hye-bin will play Oh Yoo-kyung, a veteran photojournalist on Yoo Joon-sang’s news team. Oh Yoo-kyung is described as cool-headed and strong-willed, and has a long working history with Yoo Joon-sang’s character Lee Suk-min. She’ll also share a passion for justice with Lee Suk-min and Chun Woo-hee’s prosecutor character Kwon So-ra. Oh Yoo-kyung sounds pretty cool, which is even more reason why I think Jeon Hye-bin should take the part. My opinion of her fluctuates between her roles, but I liked her best as Hye-won in Joseon Gunman, and I’m getting a similar vibe from the little description we have.

Read more 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/jeon-hye-bin-up-to-join-sbss-falsify-as-photojournalist/

The actor Cho Jae-hyun said he is still considering the appearance of SBS Falsify'.

Cho Jae-hyun told OSEN on the 20th, "that his appearance in this drama is not definitive. It is just a work under review. "

201704201320776104_58f83baf2da56.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110629404

I am excited if he will accept. I think he will be the main villain. What a solid cast it will be. Hope I can see Chun Woo hee  finally in a drama and I want to seeYoo Joon Sang and Jeon Hye Bin again.These three actors are all colleagues at the same agency Namooactors and hope they will join Namgoong Min in this drama. I can`t wait to hear new information about this drama soon. 

Namgoong Min offered spot on Jeon Hye-bin’s Falsify team

by tineybeanie

ngm1.jpg

Namgoong Min, who just recently wrapped up his successful office comedy Chief Kim, is already looking at new projects. According to his agency, 935 Entertainment, he received an offer to star in upcoming SBS legal drama Falsify. The plot is centered around a story of how a group of reporters and prosecutors work together to uncover the truth in a world that’s layered in deception.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/namgoong-min-offered-spot-on-jeon-hye-bins-falsify-team/

This article from Dramabeans says that he is not confirmed yet but today Korean news said that he is confirmed.

Nam Song-min's agency commented, "The drama will show a serious and charismatic charm of Namgoong Min which is different from his previous role as Chief Kim." . In the meantime, "Namgoong Min started to study the character of this work in earnest, and the full-scale shooting is scheduled to start from early May." (using Google translate)

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201704200824264349046_1

Namgoong Min Confirms Casting For Upcoming SBS Drama

Namgoong-Min-1.jpg

Namgoong Min has been casted for the upcoming SBS drama “Fabrication” (working title).

“Fabrication” will tell the story of reporters who uncover the absurdities in a corrupt society. Namgoong Min will be playing the role of a troublemaker who becomes a reporter in order to seek revenge for his brother’s unwarranted death. His brother, who was also a reporter, was killed while trying to uncover a big corruption scandal.

Namgoong Min’s agency stated, “Due to the success of “Chief Kim,” Namgoong Min spent a lot of time contemplating his next project. “Fabrication” will show a more serious and charismatic side to Namgoong Min, which is very different from his previous role.” The agency also reported that Namgoong Min has already started to study the character and will go into filming this coming May.

“Fabrication” will premiere in July 2017 as a follow-up to the upcoming SBS drama “My Sassy Girl.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/19/namgoong-min-confirms-casting-upcoming-sbs-drama/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Falsify 조작 Starring Nam Goong Min

@larus  thumbs up for this thread.  Thank you. Taking a break from binge watching Tunnel (just done with exciting ep 6!)

I'm so sooo happy to see Nam Goongmin in a drama that's isn't like rom-com! I didn't watch his last two dramas. Last one I watch was Remember: War of the Son. If viewers want to see scary psycho... they should check that drama! he was so scary excellent!

And  Cho Jae Hyun too?! another good one as corrupt scary psycho killer as well in Master of Revenge.  I also watch his last drama is Solomon's Perjury.

I wanna see both of them in this drama. And can the network/pd also add Kim Tae Woo?! Hah! I'm not familiar with the females lead however.

I''ll be waiting for updates. Thanks.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Falsify 조작 Starring Namgoong Min

@LyraYoo  He's so creepy hot.  Thanks for the photo. I stare! <3

Excited to see him as a reporter uncovering shenanigans  of the corrupt world. Likely unconvincing the politicians, businessmen and societal crimes against taxpayers. This drama needs a good well written script as it will tackle the ills of society through the main story line of revenge/ and avenging death of the reporter brother.

Jeon Hye Bin And Yoo Joon Sang Join Namgoong Min In New SBS Drama

Jeon-Hye-Bin-Namgoong-Min-Yoo-Joon-Sang.

The main cast of SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Fabrication” (literal title) has been confirmed!

On May 10, a representative of Namoo Actors stated, “Yoo Joon Sang and Jeon Hye Bin have been confirmed to appear in ‘Fabrication’ and they have started filming already.” Yoo Joon Sang will play Lee Seok Min, who goes from a disgraced reporter at Daehan Daily to the head of the team in charge of splash pages. Jeon Hye Bin will play Oh Yoo Kyung, a veteran photo journalist who is a part of Lee Seok Min’s team.

The two will be joining Namgoong Min, who will play troublemaker reporter Han Moo Young. His character becomes a reporter and fights against corruption to seek revenge for his brother, who faced an unwarranted death while trying to uncover a big corruption scandal.

Chun Woo Hee was originally set to join the drama as well, but Namoo Actors announced that she had made the final decision to not appear in the drama. The agency stated, “Chun Woo Hee initially turned the project down after careful consideration. However, she was given a second offer and was given time to think it over. After talking things out, she has made the final decision to turn down the offer.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/10/jeon-hye-bin-yoo-joon-sang-join-namgoong-min-new-sbs-drama/

Chun Woo-hee out? SBS’s Falsify still without leading lady

by tipsymocha

chunwoohee-falsify.jpg

Uh oh, it’s starting to look like SBS is going to have to look elsewhere for a leading lady for its upcoming legal thriller Falsify. Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing) is still technically considering her offer to star as an elite prosecutor who graduated at the top of her class, but it appears that both her management and the drama producers are assuming she will have to drop out.

There were some conflicting reports early on when an article suggested that she had all but confirmed her role and then pulled a no-show for Falsify’s first script reading. Another article reported that script readings originally scheduled for late April had been put off because of her delayed decision, and that the first shoots for the show had started without its leading lady.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/chun-woo-hee-out-sbss-falsify-still-without-leading-lady/

@larus so from the article,  since CHW didn't show up there's no female lead yet? I wonder who will they get? the female lead character is that supposed to be in her middle 20's or same age as NGM character?

If that is the case then, here I go again..  having someone in mind , but I forgot her name but seen that girl from another legal drama.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus so from the article,  since CHW didn't show up there's no female lead yet? I wonder who will they get? the female lead character is that supposed to be in her middle 20's or same age as NGM character?

If that is the case then, here I go again..  having someone in mind , but I forgot her name but seen that girl from another legal drama.

I think it was a missunderstanding from some of the articles. We understood better the situation from the Dramabeans article. Chun Woo Hee refused the role at first but they gave her another offer to reconsider but this time there is a conflicted schedules so she decided to refuse the role. SBS said that the script reading did not take place and the shooting did not begin. They have to choose another actress but I am sure they have expected this so they had a backup plan. .

I wanted to see Chun Woo hee on the small screen. Maybe with anbother occasion. I am curious if Cho Jae hyun will sign.

@larus oh thanks. So it's confirmed she refused it.  I just watch her movie One Day. Hoping to see her again but in drama

15 minutes ago, larus said:

I wanted to see Chun Woo hee on the small screen. Maybe with anbother occasion. I am curious if Cho Jae hyun will sign.

But....so even Cho Jae Hyun is not a sure bet for this drama?

I want this drama to do well. 1. It's the kind of story plot I like. 2 I'm thrilled to see Nam Goongmin in his usual dramatic character and great acting skills. 3. drama like this with good story  lines needs to have the good supporting cast.

23 minutes ago, jongski said:

But....so even Cho Jae Hyun is not a sure bet for this drama?

I want this drama to do well. 1. It's the kind of story plot I like. 2 I'm thrilled to see Nam Goongmin in his usual dramatic character and great acting skills. 3. drama like this with good story  lines needs to have the good supporting cast.

So far the cast is good. Yu Jun sang and Jeon Hye Bin are good actors and I am glad they joined the drama. I am sure the producers will find a good actress too for their main role. I do not worry.

I don`t know why Cho Jae-hyun is not mentioned in any English articles. We`ll see the final cast soon. 

Archived